There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:44 pm My daughter, 4, cut off her doll's hair. When we asked her why... She said she wanted her doll to be a boy doll and "boys cut their hair" ... Because she has watched "papa and brother cut their hair... And they are boys. "

We took her to the toys store and bought a Ken doll. When she got home... The Ken doll kissed all of her other dolls. Then she (my daughter) was pregnant and gave birth to one of her baby dolls.

Kids are weird. Could you imagine your 4 year old saying he was actually a girl? My 4 year old can barely read.. I'm not listening to shit she says
I'm in tears 🤣🤣🤣

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:23 pm The 4 year old thing isn't that they're deciding they're trans at 4 years, it's that you may see indicators for the future. It's like autism testing before 2 - if your kid doesn't hit a milestone it doesn't mean (s)he is autistic, it's just an indicator that you want to acknowledge. I'm not a professional of course, so there may be cases of "nope this pretty much means your child is rejecting his or her alignment," but I had a college friend who used to tell her dad that she wanted to be a boy when she grew up because she thought that's just what happened (she was definitely not a boy).

Literature specifically says things like "girls wanting to play with trucks or boys with dolls doesn't mean they are trans." There's a lot more that goes into an actual clinical diagnosis, which is one reason why the APA has come out against all of these political statements that only do harm and give wrong perceptions.

On a related note my wife was enjoying a TV show until the main character got cancer. He went in for a treatment and the oncologist said "well, we have this new clinical trial, but if you sign up for it you might get the placebo instead so you'd have no treatment at all." That's of course not how the process works at all (you get standard treatment whether you're on the new drug or placebo), but she has plenty of patients who come in thinking that's how the process works because of shit like that. Same thing here.

Tl;Dr don't listen to politicians your kid has an imagination just let them have fun with it.
San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:58 pm So I asked the wife yesterday if I'm a bad parent, and this was a serious question... The wife walked by me, rolled her eyes and said that is not a serious question. I'm a bit upset at her response. What do you guys think?
Don't be upset, it's a compliment. If you were a bad parent she'd have walked away with your kid. If you're looking for actual feedback just ask her "hey, I want to be a better parent, what do you think I can do to improve as a parent?" That usually gets you bonus points too.

Keep in mind that's going to possibly insinuate to you that you're not meeting an expectation somewhere, but everyone can always improve. Don't get defensive. Just take it as a learning opportunity. Assuming she gives you an actual reply instead of just a "you're fine" or whatever.

Edit: it also means you have to try to improve on what she says or it's going to lose you points instead.
I just want to be a hoe if I'm being honest but I'm not balling like killa 😔
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:53 am I just want to be a hoe if I'm being honest but I'm not balling like killa 😔
I mean, you still can... Just remember if he turns out gay and has abandonment issues he's totally calling his partner 'daddy.'
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

At the airport, I had a trip to the states from the 16th to the 27th and am currently returning to Japan. Brought the girlfriend and everyone loved her. We went into NYC on Sunday and the first thing I noticed was that EVERYTHING was gay, turns out there were two parades going on somewhere one pride and one drag and combined with this being the holy month of pride it made sense.

Saw some debaucherous outfits of course. But overall it was an enjoyable trip, she had a good time and met many of my relatives on both father's and mother's sides. The first three days were in Georgia where we went to my uncle an aunt's 50th wedding anniversary event. After that it was back up the NJ where we stayed at my parents and had a good time.

People in Georgia can't drive for shit FYI and WTF are the black people (women) wearing down there.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 pm People in Georgia can't drive for shit FYI
As someone who lived in Atlanta 15 years ago it sucked then and it's only worse now. I got to the point where I wondered if they couldn't drive for shit or if they were just that much better than me at driving they could be stupid crazy on a routine basis without incident.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Glad the trip went well with the GF and family DM. Hopefully next steps are in order for family and little ninja DM's.

Edit

Of course you would see all that nonsense at NY 🙄

Don't know much about Georgia but always wanted to visit that region.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My daughter is identifying as a "puppy dog"

I picked her up and put her on the back porch. I told her "NO DOGS IN THE HOUSE!!"

She whined for a little bit... But eventually got into her cage.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:52 pm My daughter is identifying as a "puppy dog"

I picked her up and put her on the back porch. I told her "NO DOGS IN THE HOUSE!!"

She whined for a little bit... But eventually got into her cage.
LoL! My son pre-school graduation was today. I was proud cause I seen he did a half decent smile for his picture lol.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I wonder what the "black person" quota is for TAL... looks like the handful of us are it
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

At Xander, yes I totally understand that and sympathize with those people.
That doesn't mean that all of a sudden the meaning of the word man and woman has changed. Sure they can feel a certain way, but when you here these people in interviews like the one with Matt Walsh I think his name is. He asks a woman psychologists what she thinks a woman is and she literally answers with I don't know because I'm not a woman. Like why is it so difficult to answer such a simple question.
You can feel a certain way about yourself without denying basic biology.
killacross

Post by killacross »

... Haoh is obviously a bigot, neo-nazi, transphobe, racist, misogynist, Trump supporter
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:33 pm ... Haoh is obviously a bigot, neo-nazi, transphobe, racist, misogynist, Trump supporter
Hey hey hey how dare you call me a Trump supporter. Take that back right now.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:59 am At Xander, yes I totally understand that and sympathize with those people.
That doesn't mean that all of a sudden the meaning of the word man and woman has changed. Sure they can feel a certain way, but when you here these people in interviews like the one with Matt Walsh I think his name is. He asks a woman psychologists what she thinks a woman is and she literally answers with I don't know because I'm not a woman. Like why is it so difficult to answer such a simple question.
You can feel a certain way about yourself without denying basic biology.
Remember [almost] no one is denying their basic biology (I'm sure there are idiots out there). Trans men still get checked for ovarian cancer, etc.

You won't be getting into the pants of 99.9repeating% of people you ever see. You have no way of knowing if any given person is trans or not (yes, some people are obvious). If you befriend a guy and he never tells you he's trans, you'll call the guy by the name he gives out to you and use his preferred pronouns without second thought. To you he is effectively a man. You will die thinking he's a man. That's why people are splitting up the physical with the sociological. He is and will always be female without a crazy breakthrough in medicine. The etymological split of man/woman and male/female resolves that discrepancy. If we as a society didn't emphasize things like "don't do that, you're not a boy/girl and only boys/girls do that" I wonder if we'd have a different definition and a lot fewer trans people.

I also get that sports competition is problematic due to innate differences. Things like hormone therapy can usually make up for those differences and I'm not against rules for people who manage to retain innate advantages (if we can somehow identify them, but I'm sure hormones aren't everything). I just feel like those advantages need to be quantifiable and material. I also feel like it's a non-issue unless we're talking sports at the highest level(s). It gets really murky there and it's probably better to err on the side of caution/not allow the athlete to compete at that level until a full system can be hammered out, but something like small local levels? Whatever.

I was very wrong on Lia Thomas though - I thought she was only setting local records, but she does compete at the highest levels. She's still way off of gold medal Olympians by a large margin, but she won a national championship. If we had the system I mentioned above when she first started setting smaller records we would look into a genetic advantage. I'd be against letting her compete at least until we could figure out what that advantage is and if it's possible to make it equitable. If not, sorry, no competition. We can't do it just based on looks, it must be completely objective or lawsuits will FLY.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Here's the thing though if someone has been trans and a looks like a woman and spends their life as a woman I can understand. I'm not so inconsiderate that I will deny them of their existence.
I'll adres them as female even though I won't see them as one. Because let's be honest if I see someone as female it means if we're the last 2 people on earth I'd have to have sex with her to continue the human race and that won't happen. So yeah we're doomed.
The fact that everyone now goes around identifying as whatever the fuck they like is driving me nuts. I get it. It's very difficult on them psychologically.
I wish better mental health for them. But that doesn't mean a guy can go to the woman's bathroom because he identifies as a woman or do women sports etc.
What happened to respecting the rest of humanity?
It's like we're living in a reverse world. The mass is catering to the handful so to speak.
If it was only about the sociological aspect people wouldn't rage so much. The crazy thing is they want the same rights as the opposite gender.

Anywaaaaaay Trump is innocent fuck you guys
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Loving the American Gladiator doc series on Netflix. I was oblivious to all the safety concerns and potential roid use as a kid lol.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Haohmaru wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:45 am Here's the thing though if someone has been trans and a looks like a woman and spends their life as a woman I can understand. I'm not so inconsiderate that I will deny them of their existence.
I'll adres them as female even though I won't see them as one. Because let's be honest if I see someone as female it means if we're the last 2 people on earth I'd have to have sex with her to continue the human race and that won't happen. So yeah we're doomed.
The fact that everyone now goes around identifying as whatever the fuck they like is driving me nuts. I get it. It's very difficult on them psychologically.
I wish better mental health for them. But that doesn't mean a guy can go to the woman's bathroom because he identifies as a woman or do women sports etc.
What happened to respecting the rest of humanity?
It's like we're living in a reverse world. The mass is catering to the handful so to speak.
If it was only about the sociological aspect people wouldn't rage so much. The crazy thing is they want the same rights as the opposite gender.

Anywaaaaaay Trump is innocent fuck you guys
Granted, I don't go out a whole lot since I started moving around, but as far as I can tell the whole "people everywhere are identifying as everything" is entirely political. People in general aren't actually doing that.

It's definitely the masses changing to acknowledge the treatment of the few, but isn't it better to change if we're changing in order to correct ourselves? People want to be treated as their new gender because those who transition are literally becoming their new gender. You don't get the new treatment unless you transition, you can't just suddenly identify as female and walk into their restroom (though seriously, fix restrooms so they can be used by anyone already). Using the NCAA as an example, if someone says "I identify as female" and wants to walk onto the team that's too bad. If you want to actually play in a women's league you have to be regularly tested and have been on hormones for over a year, and those hormones are doing a lot more than just putting boobs on a guy.

I changed your word 'rights' because I think we're talking in a way that isn't actually about rights. The only real 'rights' issue I think is if trans people should be considered a protected class, but that's a bit different.
San Goku wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:49 pm Loving the American Gladiator doc series on Netflix. I was oblivious to all the safety concerns and potential roid use as a kid lol.
Is it worth the watch?
killacross

Post by killacross »

ugh

such rainy weather in NC. Also, the storms knocked down 3 trees at my rental properties. So if I take a day for 1 and a day for another and a day for another...

my 4th holiday week is shot. I was working on my pergola build in the back yard. Finally have my own week without rain locally. This grown up shit sucks <_<
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:20 pm ugh

such rainy weather in NC. Also, the storms knocked down 3 trees at my rental properties. So if I take a day for 1 and a day for another and a day for another...

my 4th holiday week is shot. I was working on my pergola build in the back yard. Finally have my own week without rain locally. This grown up shit sucks <_<
Is your time not worth just getting a tree service to take care of them for you?
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:59 am Is your time not worth just getting a tree service to take care of them for you?
...you know I am a mass of contradictions.
#1 I know I don't value my time like I should....buuuuuut
#2 I need to do a property inspection anyway...I have treated these tenants as "set-and-forget" and I really shouldn't. My other property has a management company that handles all of these things...but then nickel and dimes the flying fuck outta me.
#3 I NEED some physical activity in my life. I am essentially a desk pilot. I have multiple income streams...but I feel like I'm becoming a wage slave. And chasing my son around, dancing around the hous with my daughter isnt cutting it. Plus, I've said it before, I honestly enjoy the physical labor more than what I do as a profession. The issue is that the money is not there. The part that annoys me is that it all comes in waves and in cycles. I will go months with nothing...then suddenly everything will fail at once.

And random...but I said I put my water heater on a timer and installed 2 Google Nest thermostats. My electric bill has dropped by ~60% :shock: (for 2 months now ~$450 --> ~$130). Apparently we were being crazy wasteful. 1 more month and they are paid off (via the savings...)

**UPDATE**
Went surprisingly well. Dropped my kids off this morning. Went to property #1. Cut up the fallen branches (the tree actually split - so pretty sure it'll die in a few years) in an hour. Loaded everything up and headed to the recycling dump.

Went to property #2 and cut up that tree in about an hr and loaded it up. Took it to another recycling dump was maybe 1/3 mile from location #3. Which means I could be dangerous/irresponsible. No worry about debris flying off if I'm not getting above 25 mph. Anyway, knocked that out quickly.

Went to property #3 and cut and cut and cut. Towards the end, my batteries (I have an electric chainsaw because I don't use/need it often) had died and even then...the blade is not long enough to cut cleanly through. So cut what I could...loaded up...and went to drop stuff off. I actually filled the bin so they got it swapped out. Came back for 2 more loads.

I didn't finish (storm rolled through)...but I probably got 90% of the tree processed. I need 1 more trip. I plan to get rid of the small branches...and take the firewood for my fire pit.

I was soaked in sweat by the end....to the windows, to the wall - style.

Today was a good day :D . All that's left is to get my kiddos and see my wife (she had to go back to work today...I'm still off this week).

Oh yea! She got a new job! Started last week. She was excited to get back into engineering. She's also excited about the ~$20k pay bump. She is not excited about the 5 day work week. Kids in daycare, her at work. I am ecstatic :lol: !!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://youtu.be/q3Rk7lPxFU0

Attack on Titan part 4 trailer.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »