BERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERK

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Digital Masta

Re: BERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERK

Post by Digital Masta »

Colep924 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:07 am Well shit that fucking sucks

I still haven’t really wrapped my brain around this. Like is that it? No more Berserk? Ever?
Yeah, my brain can't right now. Like it's really over? But if it is over then well he's going down as one of the best.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

WTF! Okay I need to see Hunter X Hunter finish even more now.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

There could be a chance that he was training up his assistants for the task of finishing the series should he not be able to. Clearly, the man was not in good health for a while. He did set them up with an entirely new manga, just for them to do. They are definitely trained in his style at least. He even stated that he was training them to eventually take over most of the art duties of Berserk.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I've decided that Kentarou is actually perfectly healthy...and he has faked his death due to writer's block. After he takes a small break...he is going to release a manuscript for someone else to step in and "fansub" complete it. He already had stick figure story boards for the rest of the story...he just didn't have time to polish it to his standards. Yep, in 5 years they are gonna find a treasure trove of his work.

Every so often, I watch this again and again...Let's just appreciate this for now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNuNI1qNo
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:28 pm I've decided that Kentarou is actually perfectly healthy...and he has faked his death due to writer's block. After he takes a small break...he is going to release a manuscript for someone else to step in and "fansub" complete it. He already had stick figure story boards for the rest of the story...he just didn't have time to polish it to his standards. Yep, in 5 years they are gonna find a treasure trove of his work.

Every so often, I watch this again and again...Let's just appreciate this for now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XNuNI1qNo
Amazing, I definitely took for granted the great art that was put out in this world. Always expecting these great Manga stories to be around every week or month(s).
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Just the detail alone in this image....
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:59 pm Image

Just the detail alone in this image....
Amazing! So many good frame shots he drew.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

He had a heart attack right? That doesn’t bode well for any planning.
killacross

Post by killacross »

not really...a heart attack is when your heart either stops beating...or starts beating out of sync

his condition was more like a tear in the inner layers of the heart...

t can either rip and bleed out in your body (and kill you pretty quickly)...or rip and form a huge blood clot in your heart that may lead to an aneurysm later on (and kill you pretty quickly)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 am not really...a heart attack is when your heart either stops beating...or starts beating out of sync

his condition was more like a tear in the inner layers of the heart...

t can either rip and bleed out in your body (and kill you pretty quickly)...or rip and form a huge blood clot in your heart that may lead to an aneurysm later on (and kill you pretty quickly)
In the not so distant future I want my own scanning device at home where I can see oh look 3 months till failure in my body I'll go fix that. I'll be able to do that on a daily basis if I please.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:15 pm In the not so distant future I want my own scanning device at home where I can see oh look 3 months till failure in my body I'll go fix that. I'll be able to do that on a daily basis if I please.
you can pay to get full body scans now

...my understanding is that it is a hypochondria machine though. Our bodies are all different. And a lot of random things show up as cancer or tumors. But I'll let you guinea-pig that tech for us!!
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

So I don’t wanna get anyone’s hopes up, and I don’t have a source other than a YouTube video, but according to a tweet by his editors; some kind of continuation is being pushed for.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...even if that were true

we're talking GRRM vs D&D -- it's not gonna be the same at all (but I'd read it)
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 am ...even if that were true

we're talking GRRM vs D&D -- it's not gonna be the same at all (but I'd read it)
Considering how close these people worked with Miura over the years I doubt it would be anywhere near as bad as D&D...fuck those guys.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I never read any of GRRMs books, but aside from the last two seasons, DnD didn’t do all that bad. I’m hoping they were privy to his plans with the series, and get a competent writer to bring it all together. Ittl be shame not to have that gorgeous artwork though. I have to see what was up with Griffith the last time we saw him. Clearly something big was about to go down.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Colep924 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:26 pm I never read any of GRRMs books, but aside from the last two seasons, DnD didn’t do all that bad.
How you end a series is everything. They destroyed the show because they got lazy. Just look at How I Met Your Mother. It was completely ruined by how it ended. If you fuck up the ending it makes the entire series worthless. I don't think it would be the same with Miura's staff though.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Like Game of Thrones :(
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:53 am
Colep924 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:26 pm I never read any of GRRMs books, but aside from the last two seasons, DnD didn’t do all that bad.
How you end a series is everything. They destroyed the show because they got lazy. Just look at How I Met Your Mother. It was completely ruined by how it ended. If you fuck up the ending it makes the entire series worthless. I don't think it would be the same with Miura's staff though.
Don't remind me about that...

such a bad ending.

Same with GoT, thought it was fantastic through 5 seasons, 6th season got a little weaker, 7th was a further decline but everything was setting up for the final season... then that abomination.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:53 am
Yeah I definitely agree, the ending really is everything. As much as I loved AoT, that end left a really bad taste in my mouth and kinda ruined what I thought would be a great legacy of a series. HIMYM was just...... no words
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:26 pm I never read any of GRRMs books, but aside from the last two seasons, DnD didn’t do all that bad. I’m hoping they were privy to his plans with the series, and get a competent writer to bring it all together. Ittl be shame not to have that gorgeous artwork though. I have to see what was up with Griffith the last time we saw him. Clearly something big was about to go down.
Keep in mind that they had source material for those other seasons. Once they had to start actually developing the plot themselves to get to events that were supposed to happen... it tanked fast.

I'm under the impression that the Wheel of Time continuation/conclusion was done sufficiently well, but that's a series I never started.