There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:25 am Said goodbye to an uncle today - I still have quite a few more though...
Black funerals are always so weird. And getting older is always so weird as well. My dad saw some people from his highschool class (my dad is now the oldest living brother) and they were talking about people who have died. My dad just so nonchalantly said "Yep, we're all getting to that age where we should dropping off one after the other. Still 8 of us to go". His high school buddy just kinda chuckled and said - "Yep...we were 13...and only 2 of us are still alive"

I never considered it before...But also...I want a copy of the service (I think they recorded it)...the random girl who sang the solo --- sang her goddamn heart out!! I got teary eyed - and this wasn't even an uncle or cousins I was close to...

My mom is the youngest of 8 siblings. 7 girls and one boy. There are only 3 left now, my mom, my aunt (and the 2nd youngest) and my uncle who is the middle child. My uncle has always been the healthiest.

Both my mom's parents died before I was born. That's how bad the genetics are on my mom's side. I don't think anyone made it to 80 so far.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Nuggets win it all baby.

Going to be riots in downtown denver tonight.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So...Trump did stupid shit but now the problem is the Comey Standard will come into play. Hillary did very similar behavior and wasn't prosecuted so now the DoJ will now be stuck.

The last time this happened, you(DoJ) didn't prosecute the front runner for the Democratic nomination even though you could have. If you prosecute Trump this will be blatant partisanship and the flood gates will open.

Every single future president will have to worry about the opposition trying to take them down my prosecuting them.

The taking the records is similar to what all these politicians do, including good ol' Joe.

The showing of the materials to people is stupid as fuck move and is something he would do. It's like...dude, you know they are gunning for you but you're so arrogant that you don't care.

It's the obstruction that is very Hillary-like. She literally bleach-bit the documents to prevent them from being seen.

I await XX to tell me how Hillary is different and how Trump is uniquely evil and wrong in this sense.

He's not. Either they both need to be prosecuted or neither one is.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Going back to the funeral stuff. We all should meet up once before we exit lol.
superbob wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:17 am Nuggets win it all baby.

Going to be riots in downtown denver tonight.
I'm Happy for Jokic and our Canadian Jamal Murry. Jokic will go down as one of the future 🐐. The argument can now be made that he should have gotten his 3rd MVP.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:55 am So...Trump did stupid shit but now the problem is the Comey Standard will come into play. Hillary did very similar behavior and wasn't prosecuted so now the DoJ will now be stuck.

The last time this happened, you(DoJ) didn't prosecute the front runner for the Democratic nomination even though you could have. If you prosecute Trump this will be blatant partisanship and the flood gates will open.

Every single future president will have to worry about the opposition trying to take them down my prosecuting them.

The taking the records is similar to what all these politicians do, including good ol' Joe.

The showing of the materials to people is stupid as fuck move and is something he would do. It's like...dude, you know they are gunning for you but you're so arrogant that you don't care.

It's the obstruction that is very Hillary-like. She literally bleach-bit the documents to prevent them from being seen.

I await XX to tell me how Hillary is different and how Trump is uniquely evil and wrong in this sense.

He's not. Either they both need to be prosecuted or neither one is.
They hate the man too much to see the consequences of pandora's box that was open or they don't care.
killacross

Post by killacross »

tldr

Hillary and Trump ARE completely different. He was president and therefore had the right to take certain docs. Same with Joe Biden actually (now).

Hillary was never president.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:22 pm tldr

Hillary and Trump ARE completely different. He was president and therefore had the right to take certain docs. Same with Joe Biden actually (now).

He admitted on camera(willingly) when showing documents to a journalist that he could've declassified the material he was showing when he was president but didn't.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:51 pm

He admitted on camera(willingly) when showing documents to a journalist that he could've declassified the material he was showing when he was president but didn't.
Then he shouldn't be punished on technicality when he could've declassified himself. What a slippery slope.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:39 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:51 pm

Then he shouldn't be punished on technicality when he could've declassified himself. What a slippery slope.
Except the president cannot just say something is declassified. There's a whole process behind declassifying documents to make sure there's not a national security issue.

The issue trump is facing is he didn't do this, several of the documents he had with him were not the type anyone can declassify (nuclear secrets), and he was storing these classified documents in completely unsecured locations.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:55 am I await XX to tell me how Hillary is different and how Trump is uniquely evil and wrong in this sense.
Going to be a little long to cover the variety of scenarios that happened. If you just want the meaty shorter answer without the context, it's in the last two paragraphs. It's a bad comparison to begin with, but Superbob hit an important bit.

"Hillary" in this context means her and/or her aides. Hillary maintained a separate email server that she conducted some business on. She turned over the docs she thought she was required to, then someone in a fit of madness decided the server could be purged. Proper infosec procedure, but not when you're dealing with potentially classified info. That's a big deal. So, documents are gone and we're not entirely sure what was in them to begin with. Based on the evidence available and what was recoverable, it doesn't look to be anything too significant but if it's a normal joe schmoe who did that you're fired and your clearance is yanked. Prison? Who knows. She got 0 penalty though, so it's why I refused to vote for her. The argument "she had the power to declassify" doesn't hold water because of what SB said - there's a process you have to use and you can't just declassify everything you want to say is declassified. The argument "but Trump/whoever used gmail instead of sanctioned email services" also doesn't compare, because we can still get those records from Google (who also has better security and logging). No one has insight into what her team purged, so we can't know if it was a simple blunder or she's burying some super conspiracy. It probably doesn't involve pedophiles in basements under pizza parlors though.

Sidenote: The "Hillary was never president" angle doesn't work as a comparison either. Secretary of State has massive declassification rights as well. Neither can declassify with their mind though...

A step closer to what Trump did is what agents investigated Biden/Pence/et al for - there are bunch of documents labeled 'classified' that ended up going where they shouldn't go. Biden's understanding of handling classified materials may be a few decades stale, but the gist of it is that there have to be certain protections on the documents based on their classification level. If the documents aren't appropriately protected or you otherwise find documents that should be protected but aren't, you turn them in. That's what happened to all of the politicians recently, and this includes Trump. For people at the politician level this ends up being a 'no harm no foul' case. Politician took a secret doc back to his study in his old box of documents? Silly politician! At least (s)he turned them back in when they turned up. Case closed!

"Trump" here being him/his team like Hillary above. Trump, for whatever reason, decided he really wanted some of those documents. His lawyers turned over a number of documents after he left. That fell into the "no harm no foul" of the earlier bit. Then it turned out there were some glaring omissions, so the archives requested those. Trump's lawyers turned over some of the documents, but were still stonewalling. Even if they drew this out as long as they were cooperating it's likely this would have gone down without anyone else knowing. They didn't cooperate though, so that's when the archives escalated it up to the DoJ, which culminated in the raid on his house after months of getting nowhere. Normal joe schmoe is going to jail at this point, but nope for Trump (and probably others too). On top of that... it turns out that there were more documents that didn't get turned over.

The real reason he's being prosecuted isn't because he walked out with a few classified documents - it turns out he ordered people to deliberately hide them AFTER they were requested, and move them again after the raid had occurred. At this point it isn't "Silly Donald, you forgot these documents" it's "holy shit he's actually being a dumbass on purpose." When the courts order you to do something, you do it. Neglecting to do it is one thing if you can pawn the responsibility off on someone else (which is what Hillary did - it was documented she requested the deletion well before she was subpoenaed and that the deletion occurred after the subpoena was issued was done without her direction by the employee of the hosting company), but purposefully circumventing a court order at the highest levels is going to get you in a lot of hot water. If Trump/his team had just fully complied with the initial requests he wouldn't have been in any trouble despite taking the documents and no one would have known because his property would never have been raided. The raid happened many months after the initial stonewalling and we didn't know until then.

All of this also ignores any other potential violations - like if the rumors he gave some info away to foreign powers or showed it to others were true. I assume they're not and just people looking to find more reason to slander him, but we'll find out I guess. If there is evidence he leaked classified docs, that's another much bigger can of worms.
killacross

Post by killacross »

No no no

I'm going with my gut feeling on this... I dont need facts. Trump is being attacked by... The Matrix

Honesty... This is the same conversation I have with my black friends when they talk about systemic racism. Do black people get charged with more crimes or sentenced more harshly? Yes. Well, did they commit the crime in the first place? YES... then stfu and do your time.

Is trump being charged with a crime that others have not under similar circumstances? Yes... Well, did he commit the crime in the first place? YES... Then stfu and let him do his community service and house arrest. Of course, you and me would be sent to some secret black site prison for life... Until they kill you and say "suicide"

...God save the Queen, man
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Two additional things - one nuance from before and one comment after seeing some of the indictment

1) Hillary's subpoena was a congressional subpoena and not a judicial one

2) Part of the indictment is that Trump on multiple occasions showed unauthorized people very classified information even after he left office. That's definitely unique to him and much more grievous than just taking some boxes home.
killacross wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:07 am Honesty... This is the same conversation I have with my black friends when they talk about systemic racism. Do black people get charged with more crimes or sentenced more harshly? Yes. Well, did they commit the crime in the first place? YES... then stfu and do your time.
Sure but when we identify a disparity why not call it out and fix it? This might be something where AI could actually be useful. Give someone the power to submit the sentencing factors to a program that queries a database of sentences for similar cases and have it recommend the appropriate sentence instead of a human winging it. It would also need to be able to show its justification though (and also dodge the potential racial bias in submitted learning sets but I feel like that should be really easy in this case). Obviously the judge would continue to determine the sentence - the program would just present what it determined the most reasonable sentence to be.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

One Piece live-action trailer

https://youtu.be/lNMSqxQtO0w

I have no real opinion yet. It doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look impressive. But it will really depend on what they do with the actual characters. If they don't act like themselves then it will be trash.

Seems many people's expectations are rock bottom which is probably better for the show as a whole.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^^ Cool, I wonder how it sounds without the dub.

Watched Black Clover animated movie on Friday, it was pretty good for what it is. Looking forward to the new season.

Hard to believe that the Spider-Verse sequel already surpassed the original in sales.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:42 pm ^^^ Cool, I wonder how it sounds without the dub.
Huh? It's an English-language live-action adaptation.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:03 pm One Piece live-action trailer

I have no real opinion yet.
You should...
You know better :x :x
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:10 pm Huh? It's an English-language live-action adaptation.
Why do you engage the professional trolls? At this point... SG is Borat
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I have blonde moments on here from time to time, I will admit.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:46 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:03 pm One Piece live-action trailer

I have no real opinion yet.
You should...
You know better :x :x
I was trying to be diplomatic. Yes, high chance ir is complete trash.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I feel like they used a lot from the first episode, and first episodes are always awkward as everyone settles in and finds their characters.

I can't decide if this guy's portrayal of Luffy is annoying or if he's just actually making a good portrayal given... Luffy.

That said if they can somehow make Zoro's three swords style not seem absolutely dumb outside of a comic book then the rest could be hot garbage and I'll still be impressed.