There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Episode one of TYBW...chef's kiss my dudes.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:38 pm Episode one of TYBW...chef's kiss my dudes.
Thank you Jesus. I'll watch this when I get home.....why did I think this was going to be a movie? Maybe I just forgot, so busy with life.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Well chainsaw man is going to be a huge hit judging by that first episode. Gotta love the quality.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

This is your periodic reminder that if you're not watching The House of the Dragon, you are absolutely missing out on dynamite television. This show epitomizes what Game of Thrones used to be in its early seasons, and i am utterly enthralled.

The Rings of power doesn't hold a candle.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:34 pm This is your periodic reminder that if you're not watching The House of the Dragon, you are absolutely missing out on dynamite television. This show epitomizes what Game of Thrones used to be in its early seasons, and i am utterly enthralled.

The Rings of power doesn't hold a candle.
Bro wtf are you on Rings of Power certainly holds a candle, in fact it's the other way around. Latest episode of GoT was insane though I can't deny that fact. LoTR don't need to do the shock and awe incest thing to be entertaining either. Off the simple fact alone that the LIGHTING is way better gives LoTR the upper hand lol.
Haohmaru wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:13 pm Well chainsaw man is going to be a huge hit judging by that first episode. Gotta love the quality.
My fall schedule is going to be so much fun then, because I have:

- My Hero
- Chainsaw Man
- Bleach

That I will be committed to watching. First 2 eps of Hero was good. I don't read the manga like you all. I'm glad the Chainsaw episode got your approval.

If Jujutsu Kaisen is coming out then that will be 4 eps.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Jujutsu kaisen is going to air somewhere in 2023 so you’ll never know when.

Mob psycho is a fun watch as well if you’re into dumb fun (same mangaka as One Punch Man).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:36 pm Jujutsu kaisen is going to air somewhere in 2023 so you’ll never know when.

Mob psycho is a fun watch as well if you’re into dumb fun (same mangaka as One Punch Man).
Oh ya forgot about Mob. Is that out too?

Hopefully Black Clover comes out soon too.

Speaking about anime, randomly met a health practitioner, she likes anime as much as I do. Pretty uncommon at my age to bring that up with a female lol.

EDIT

Just watched Bleach, I was just smiling throughout the whole episode. It was beautiful and perfect, I don't quite remember the beginning of the Thousand Year Blood War but this episode was perfect in my eyes. Could you image if they re-animate the entire series like this!

Also dl Golden Kamuy season 4 ep 1.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Watched ep 1 of Chainsaw man...
I decided to go into it blind because you all talked about it and sounded hype

WTF did I just see? Roronoa Zoro - Rate MA? Baraka - The Animated Series on HBO?

Honestly...it will get my 3 ep rule...I'll probably end up giving this a pass. Also -- I don't like the digital artwork style almost universally in anime.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@Cane just curious what do you think of Scotland holding a referendum next year for Independence?
killacross wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 am Watched ep 1 of Chainsaw man...

WTF did I just see? Roronoa Zoro - Rate MA? Baraka - The Animated Series on HBO?

Honestly...it will get my 3 ep rule...I'll probably end up giving this a pass. Also -- I don't like the digital artwork style almost universally in anime.
Give Chainsaw a chance, I think 3 eps will be good enough but give more say 6.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 am Watched ep 1 of Chainsaw man...

It's not your usual shonen anime. The mangaka is not one to write typical stories or characters. The story isn't bad. It's a 6/10 for me. I don't see why people are that crazy about it either. The anime started of good though. I like the animation and action. If you expect a great story out of this I'm sorry to disappoint you but this isn't it for you.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I desperately want a kayak but can't fork out the doe to buy a nice one and install a rack for my car.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Build one...significantly cheaper

and poor Alex Jones (literallly!!)....DM, you asked what happens with Amber Heard and not having the cash?...well...let's see what happens with Alex
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:35 pm @Cane just curious what do you think of Scotland holding a referendum next year for Independence?
Just because I sound Scottish when I wear my Darth Vader mask, doesn't mean I follow their politics closely. :lol:

But seriously, it seems more likely now given last years parliamentary elections edging pro-independence members slightly over the threshold, but i don't consider it an overwhelming mandate with quite the same fervor as Sturgeon does.

I think it'll fail.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:54 pm Build one...significantly cheaper

and poor Alex Jones (literallly!!)....DM, you asked what happens with Amber Heard and not having the cash?...well...let's see what happens with Alex
Alex got fucked, his whole situation is a shit show.

And regarding Chainsaw Man, I've always said it's entertaining but not a masterpiece. The author is kind of a dark dude. I read his earlier work Fire Punch, it's just depressing.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Yaaaaay

Hockey's back
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

First ep of Urusei Yatsura was entertaining and funny enough. If I have time I'll watch some more. I think Haoh posted a trailer not too long ago.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My city is in the news for a mass shooting!!
Even got a shout out from Joe!!

I have no idea what's going on so have to look into it tomorrow

Edit:
After further review...white kids gonna white? Apparently a 15ish year old went on a shooting spree. Shot his brother then 6 other people...and so far only 2 survived (though 1 lady is still in critical condition). It happened about 30 mins from home...and 10 mins from work. It's an area that I have passed through several times or shopped at a few of the stores.

People are crazy
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ That is way too close for comfort. Thank God you and your family are okay.

From now on my going to say I'm moving at the speed of science just because for anything.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Bro wtf are you on Rings of Power certainly holds a candle, in fact it's the other way around. Latest episode of GoT was insane though I can't deny that fact. LoTR don't need to do the shock and awe incest thing to be entertaining either. Off the simple fact alone that the LIGHTING is way better gives LoTR the upper hand lol.
Sorry San, I was reliably informed by an inebriated Scotsman that rings of power is an absolute dumpster fire, a travesty of storytelling and a complete abortion of a creative endeavor.

No other opinions exist, that's the rules.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://tomwoods.com/ep-2219-the-absurd ... es-trials/

Some things about the Alex Jones case.