There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

*clears throat *

It's the wrong age group... All we knew of her is she got fat, then skinny then fat, then skinny

Doesn't mean I didn't recognize the name or see some of her work... Just that her death doesn't hit the same as the White Power Ranger
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Last 3 episodes of Chainsaw Man were pretty intense, too anime candidate level so far.

Enjoyed this week's ep of Bleach too.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:54 pm *clears throat *

It's the wrong age group... All we knew of her is she got fat, then skinny then fat, then skinny

Doesn't mean I didn't recognize the name or see some of her work... Just that her death doesn't hit the same as the White Power Ranger
Nigga, we ain't mind readers! Why you mad!
killacross

Post by killacross »

I've already dropped anime this season... I'll go back and spot check Bleach
... But I picked up Avatar:TLA... GREAT STUFF so far!
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:53 pm I've already dropped anime this season... I'll go back and spot check Bleach
ATLA is a fantastic series, a lot of growth for all of the characters throughout the series
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:53 pm I've already dropped anime this season... I'll go back and spot check Bleach
I'm only watching Bleach, I caught up with Chainsaw Man but I'll probably just wait it out again.

Avatar The Last Airbender is fantastic...the sequel, Legend of Korra is complete trash.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Yes - I watched ATLA almost 20 years ago...and remember it being excellent. I remember watching all the little featurettes that showed all the time, love, and care that went into the series.

It has aged really well. Still entertaining, still funny, still engaging.

I also remember being so excited about TLOK almost a decade ago. And that excitement gradually waning. And then the controversy because she was a lesbian by the end of the series for some reason.

I'm gonna binge that next too...though not looking forward to it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

ATLA is epic, funny you mentioned that cause I said to myself about a week or two ago it would be a good show that I can watch with my son.

TLOK was an epic failure on epic proportions for reasons killa mentioned, would rather forget it ever existed.

Cancer detection method: https://molecular-cancer.biomedcentral. ... 21-01491-8
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Swapping arms dealers for idiot basketball players. But what about Marc Fogel? Not famous so I guess he doesn't count. Paul Whelan? Nah, fam.

America really is soft as shit.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

From what I head about Paul Whelan, since russia has him locked up on espionage charges, they're only going to take spy for spy on that exchange, even if he wasn't actually over there for espionage.

Though I agree, we traded a WNBA player, who was specifically told to not go over to Russia, who did so anyways while carrying a THC vape, and then shocked pikachu got arrested in a country where THC is illegal, for the literally nicknamed "Merchant of Death". At least from what i've seen, outside of the super liberals, everyone thinks this prisoner swap is idiotic.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I don't care for her but I'm glad she's out. I know everyone is saying "well she's should know" and :shouldn't have gone to Russia in the first place" but 10 years for a chump weed charge is ridiculous. It let's me know the Russians simply did this because of the hostilities by the West and Griner was a gift that played in the Russians hands.

How about Merkel saying the Minsk agreement was just a ploy to buy Ukraine time.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:13 am Swapping arms dealers for idiot basketball players. But what about Marc Fogel? Not famous so I guess he doesn't count. Paul Whelan? Nah, fam.

Bad trade I agree, but I'm still glad she is coming back, and Whelan's family agrees.
But do we actually know the conditions for the negotiations?(which are presumably still ongoing) from what I have read, she was the lowest hanging fruit and the easiest to get home.

It might be prudent to wait and see what is released by the State department in regards to the communications with the putin regime before going off on wild speculation and outrage.

Verboten to suggest I know, I forget we all have operational knowledge of diplomatic communiques.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:05 am
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:13 am Swapping arms dealers for idiot basketball players. But what about Marc Fogel? Not famous so I guess he doesn't count. Paul Whelan? Nah, fam.

Bad trade I agree, but I'm still glad she is coming back, and Whelan's family agrees.
But do we actually know the conditions for the negotiations?(which are presumably still ongoing) from what I have read, she was the lowest hanging fruit and the easiest to get home.

It might be prudent to wait and see what is released by the State department in regards to the communications with the putin regime before going off on wild speculation and outrage.

Verboten to suggest I know, I forget we all have operational knowledge of diplomatic communiques.
I'm hearing from Fox the US wanted 2 for 1 and the Russians said no 1 for 1 or 2 for 2. They were given the option for the WNBA star or the Marine and the US chose the WNBA star for obvious reasons. I think the mainstream media is trying to say they didn't have a choice.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:27 pm
Cane_The9lives wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:05 am

I'm hearing from Fox the US wanted 2 for 1 and the Russians said no 1 for 1 or 2 for 2. They were given the option for the WNBA star or the Marine and the US chose the WNBA star for obvious reasons. I think the mainstream media is trying to say they didn't have a choice.
Since you wont trust a CNN article, here's the New York post on the matter.
https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/paul-whel ... -krasikov/

It looks as though Russia had a few more unrealistic stipulations in releasing Whelan, one of them being the release of a convicted murderer who was in German custody, who the Germans flatly refused to extradite. This is typical Kremlin diplomacy; give off the ostensible appearance of amenability and then return a blindsided haymaker of unreasonable demands just to gum up the works and score a few political points.

They knew damn well the US was in no position to release a prisoner the Germans were adamant would never see sunlight again.
They took the easiest trade they could get.

Was it worth releasing a man known as the "Merchant of death"? Probably not, but anytime an American is extricated from the despotic nightmare that is the Russian system of jurisprudence, is a day and matter worth celebrating.

I honestly don't understand your reverence San. The country - historically and culturally - is rich with history, let there be no doubt about that. Studying Russian history was quite an intellectually stimulating experience for me growing up. But the country as a political institution and Governmental body is as tyrannical and corrupt as they come, controlling every lever of power, the dissemination of free information and enforcing social compliance through various fear tactics and militaristic brutality.

No amount of "But Putin's a strong decisive leader", could ever excuse the the iron death-grip the regime has on the throats of the Russian people.
I wouldn't be caught dead in the country....my dual citizenship with Ireland isn't going to suddenly bestow me diplomatic immunity as I'm walking around Red Square a free naturalized citizen of the United States.

They can smell the freedom on me.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:38 am They can smell the freedom on me.
And they hate it!! 'MURICA!

Guys, what can you tell me about BlackSun? Recently started popping up everywhere in my YouTubes
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Hhmmm oh Cane got that freedom smell cologne I've been hearing about.
But the country as a political institution and Governmental body is as tyrannical and corrupt as they come, controlling every lever of power, the dissemination of free information and enforcing social compliance through various fear tactics and militaristic brutality.
@Cane, no doubt about that. My issue the West thinking they could ever take over and break up a superpower like Russia without any severe consequences, as we are seeing now.

Let the Russians be Russians, keep diplomacy open, don't try to isolate Russia it won't work. We'll just shoot ourselves in the foot. China and India will never abandon Russia that's more than half the world population there alone.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:07 pm Hhmmm oh Cane got that freedom smell cologne I've been hearing about.
But the country as a political institution and Governmental body is as tyrannical and corrupt as they come, controlling every lever of power, the dissemination of free information and enforcing social compliance through various fear tactics and militaristic brutality.
@Cane, no doubt about that. My issue the West thinking they could ever take over and break up a superpower like Russia without any severe consequences, as we are seeing now.

Let the Russians be Russians, keep diplomacy open, don't try to isolate Russia it won't work. We'll just shoot ourselves in the foot. China and India will never abandon Russia that's more than half the world population there alone.
China + India = ~2.7 billion, which is about 1/3rd the world population.

Most of the world doesn't want to break up russia, they just want them to stop invading their neighbor for, I believe the reason now is to prevent Poland from invading them.

A bit hypocritical coming from on american, but i've also been against every war/invasion we've entered in while i've been alive. Post 9-11 we could have had help from Iran, one of the first countries to reach out to the US about it, and apparently the Taliban was willing to hand over Osama and Al Qaida, as long as we didn't invade.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:41 pm
A bit hypocritical coming from on american,
I've learned to separate the person from the government so whenever I talk about the US government I will say "They" because the state will do what the state wants, citizens be damned.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Unohano vs Kenpachi episode was beautiful this week. Even now I'm asking why couldn't they both just co-exist? Unohano is the type of girl that's a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets.

Edit

Demon Slayer is back in April 2023!

Link: https://youtu.be/SWAMTXfqer0
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Excellent dad joke: https://www.reddit.com/r/PunPatrol/comm ... are_button

Edit

Fussion energy breakthrough. Finally a Net-gain.

Edit

New Spider-Man: https://youtu.be/cqGjhVJWtEg

Edit

Annnddd Ellen's DJ offing himself now. WTF is going on, get out of Hollywood?