There we go

superbob
Site Admin

Re: There we go

Post by superbob »

Just got my PCR test results, positive, was supposed to fly to hawaii on friday to see my mom for the first time since 2019...
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:36 pm Just got my PCR test results, positive, was supposed to fly to hawaii on friday to see my mom for the first time since 2019...
Can you take non-PCR at-home tests to show negativity? PCR may reflect if you've already had COVID as opposed to showing an active infection, if you can show negative at-home tests that may work instead.

As far as justices, right/left, etc. - I feel like I'm watching a different reality or something. Dem's haven't done shit in a decade. R's haven't either, but that's pretty much their modus operandi.

Kavanaugh isn't liberal: https://harvardlawreview.org/supreme-court-statistics/ Those are only counted up to 2020, 2021 isn't published yet apparently. Kavanaugh finds himself on the majority more than other justices - an indicator he's more left than the others (except Roberts), but that's not hard to do. He's on the majority opinion the most of all of the judges, which makes sense - you've got 4 strongly conservative and 3 liberal. Roberts is more liberal than he is, so if Roberts votes conservative Kavanaugh probably will too and be in a 6-3 majority. If Roberts votes liberal, Kavanaugh then decides the majority by being the 5th vote. Justices also get more liberal as they age: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/su ... get-older/

The Martin-Quinn scores referenced in the article are interesting. If you don't want to read it - Kavanaugh and Roberts are Conservative, and mostly represent the ideological mean of the court. Barrett and Gorsuch are as more conservative as Keagan is more liberal (which is significant - over a standard deviation).

Keep in mind also that the vast majority of cases are either unanimous or not a contest. 5-4s are rare.
Last edited by xandorxerxes on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Freedom convoy. You should be able to fly and see your mother at anytime Bob. Sorry to hear, life is too short. Just attended a funeral over the weekend.
killacross

Post by killacross »

superbob wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:36 pm Just got my PCR test results, positive, was supposed to fly to hawaii on friday to see my mom for the first time since 2019...
Do you not have a pdf editor? They even have free ones online
That's what we did for our daughter when we went to Puerto Rico in November. Got the negative test result...then just edited the date several times.

It's not like they are scanning the actual QR codes.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:10 am
That's what we did for our daughter when we went to Puerto Rico in November. Got the negative test result...then just edited the date several times.

I hope we can all see how insane, unsustainable and destructive this is that this man actually has to worry about not being able to fly on a plane to see his mother.

This is unsustainable, people don't plan trips or events this way. They have to be planned weeks to months to years (in some cases) in advance only for it to all be derailed by a PCR test that has to be taken right before your trip. This is looney tunes and a self-inflicted wound. They don't have to do this, especially now with people being quadrooplly-ooply vaxed, omicron being much weaker, HEPA filters being a thing in planes and thus airplanes were never a chief vector of transmission AND the fact that we have oodles and oodles of data of large crowds being together and it not turning into World War Z.

The pandemic is over as far as the disease is concerned but the control that it has allowed to be taken must never be relinquished so it's pandemic, every day for the rest of time.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Truckers are trying to hold the line and getting our Tyrant of a Prime Minister to drop the mandates.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:02 am

I hope we can all see how insane, unsustainable and destructive this is that this man actually has to worry about not being able to fly on a plane to see his mother.

This is unsustainable, people don't plan trips or events this way. They have to be planned weeks to months to years (in some cases) in advance only for it to all be derailed by a PCR test that has to be taken right before your trip. This is looney tunes and a self-inflicted wound. They don't have to do this, especially now with people being quadrooplly-ooply vaxed, omicron being much weaker, HEPA filters being a thing in planes and thus airplanes were never a chief vector of transmission AND the fact that we have oodles and oodles of data of large crowds being together and it not turning into World War Z.

The pandemic is over as far as the disease is concerned but the control that it has allowed to be taken must never be relinquished so it's pandemic, every day for the rest of time.
The reason I got vaccinated and the booster shot is so i wouldn't have to worry about this shit anymore... I know how vaccines are, I know that you do have the possibility of still contracting the illness, but at this point, literally the only reason I got the test was because my cousin tested asymptomatic positive on his weekly work covid test and I spent several hours in the car with him to go snowboarding. I have absolutely no symptoms.. it's not the absolute end of the world in that I can just push the trip back a week without issue, but the only reason I can do that is I don't have a car or hotel reservation and american airlines lets you "move" your trip if you have a positive test result.

I'm fucking tired of this shit...
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:13 am

The reason I got vaccinated and the booster shot is so i wouldn't have to worry about this shit anymore... I know how vaccines are, I know that you do have the possibility of still contracting the illness, but at this point, literally the only reason I got the test was because my cousin tested asymptomatic positive on his weekly work covid test and I spent several hours in the car with him to go snowboarding. I have absolutely no symptoms.. it's not the absolute end of the world in that I can just push the trip back a week without issue, but the only reason I can do that is I don't have a car or hotel reservation and american airlines lets you "move" your trip if you have a positive test result.

Funny thing, didn't they come out and say that there isn't any reason to test asymptomatic people because it's now safe to say that asymptomatic people aren't passing it around? That only if you have symptoms should you go and get the test.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:47 am
superbob wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:13 am

Funny thing, didn't they come out and say that there isn't any reason to test asymptomatic people because it's now safe to say that asymptomatic people aren't passing it around? That only if you have symptoms should you go and get the test.
I've got no idea anymore... I was looking into it earlier and it's still saying the vaccinated asymptomatic is a 5 day quarantine and 5 more days without public transit after that. my health insurance doesn't charge me for tests besides gas so i'm just going to be getting a test every day until i test negative. I really should have just rolled with the rapid test, of which i tested negative on twice, and been done with it... not sure why i got a PCR test when my cousin contacted me.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I thought airlines only accepted PCR tests

@DM -- airlines weren't vectors back when they were getting government money to operate at 30% capacity. The HEPAs don't help anymore when you are crammed in like sardines....which is why they make you wear a mask non stop

@Superbob -- you're doing the right thing. I was mostly joking.

We are apparently having a bout at work. 3 of my 5 coworkers are out this week. 2 of them - their children have tested positive, but them negative (so far). Either way, the close contact means they can't come back for 5 days after their kids get a negative result. 1, his entire family (he, wife and 3 kids all tested positive -- I think this is the 3rd or 4th time they've had it). We are in a slow period at work...so no big deal...

In other news -- the company that I interviewed with a year ago [that passed me over then] has contacted me -- and said I would be fast tracked if interested. I said absolutely!! What they don't know is that I am actually wasting their time....I wish I wasn't at times...but I am petty as hell
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarko ... s-n2602716

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf

A new Johns-Hopkins study shows that lockdowns basically had no effect on mortality. Looks like roughly 0.2%, so...essentially zero because that is a statistically insignificant number, but hey they destroyed people's lives in the process so it's all gravy baby. Forget all the death and misery caused by locking people down.

What's worse is that the people that advocated this will receive NO consequences for what they did, the lives they destroyed all because they were "well-intentioned" (bullshit). I hate this idea that because the government, organizations, or whoever was "well-intentioned" that means they can get off scot-free. I don't care about your intentions, I care about what actual results your policies caused.

Did anyone see Trudeau's tweet about the caravan and calling them every -phobic in the dictionary. It was truly a "WTF?" tweet, like what is this moron talking about?
Last edited by Digital Masta on Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

So if I understand you

Facts
Feelings? ?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Something like that.

Also, maybe it's because I despise her whereas other press secretaries I've just been indifferent towards them but is it just me, or is Jen Psaki uniquely bad at her job? I understand that your job as press secretary is to lie and spin but I mean nothing that comes out of this woman's mouth seems even remotely believable. It also doesn't help that she is smug with every answer she gives.

Also, it can't be easy when you have to shovel the shit of a man that's barely alive. It's different from being Trump's press secretary, the difficult thing there was that you didn't know if he was gonna stab you in the back after you said what you said. Which is a different (and terrible) problem altogether.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarko ... s-n2602716

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf

A new Johns-Hopkins study shows that lockdowns basically had no effect on mortality. Looks like roughly 0.2%, so...essentially zero because that is a statistically insignificant number, but hey they destroyed people's lives in the process so it's all gravy baby. Forget all the death and misery caused by locking people down.

What's worse is that the people that advocated this will receive NO consequences for what they did, the lives they destroyed all because they were "well-intentioned" (bullshit). I hate this idea that because the government, organizations, or whoever was "well-intentioned" that means they can get off scot-free. I don't care about your intentions, I care about what actual results your policies caused.

Did anyone see Trudeau's tweet about the caravan and calling them every -phobic in the dictionary. It was truly a "WTF?" tweet, like what is this moron talking about?
I thought the study was interesting, but the media ran with the hype anyways as it always does and blew it out of proportion. We can't make conclusions based on one study. It contradicts a number of others so we'll need to see why first, so we'll see what is said when other studies are done to validate it. The authors call out a number of caveats, which is where I'm willing to bet others will focus. One caveat was essentially "studies that showed the effective early lockdowns but also voluntary behavior changes" were thrown out entirely. They attribute a large amount only to voluntary behavior changes, but did not attribute complying with a lockdown as a voluntary behavior change (that I saw, at least). It was also an evaluation of lockdowns we put in place - historically - not an evaluation on the effectiveness on lockdowns themselves as a policy. They point out that the countries that locked down early were largely successful in preventing COVID. They also point out they don't show why they didn't find the lockdowns effective - if lockdowns were ineffective only because people didn't listen to them (see: voluntary behavior), that's not a fault of the lockdown that's a fault of the populace.

Now if further studies show that this study is accurate and it's due to the ineffectiveness of lockdowns as a solution, that will be interesting. Unless it's "lockdowns aren't effective because people don't do them" in which case yeah.
San Goku wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:08 am Truckers are trying to hold the line and getting our Tyrant of a Prime Minister to drop the mandates.
As for the truckers - they're shutting down businesses just like the Portlanders did. Why do we support them? They're being co-opted by movements they didn't belong to and causing more damages because of it... like the one MP who supported them until he got in trouble because someone was walking around behind him with a swastika. All of that ignores the fact that it's dumb anyways. Other vaccines are madated elsewhere, look at all of the vaccines we take:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/ ... l#birth-15
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Except it's been the Federal and Provincial government shutting down businesses and holding the country hostage for 2 years because of their mandates. Hold The Line!

It's been all Canadian flags, they tried to plant one in their to hijack the movement. It didn't work.
killacross

Post by killacross »

fuck that...you are all getting distracted from what really matters!!

BLM!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:42 am fuck that...you are all getting distracted from what really matters!!

BLM!!

Did you see the video of the two old white ladies attacking a black dude in the elevator for not wearing a mask (he was in the elevator first) while shouting,"Black Lives Matter"

It is hilarious.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

I'm sorry to hear this man, I know from experience how much this bullshit is wrecking familial gatherings. I cancelled my trip to Ireland - that I had booked well before first recorded case - and now with a newborn, I honestly don't know when I'll make it back to see family. My mother's been in the states for years, so I'm thankful for that, but Christ on a cracker this is never going away, and the ass clowns who control the levers of power are too fucking risk averse to let this end anytime soon.

I hope you get to see her again soon my friend.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:46 pm Did you see the video of the two old white ladies attacking a black dude in the elevator for not wearing a mask (he was in the elevator first) while shouting,"Black Lives Matter"

It is hilarious.
Of course... I am the internet

Her #1: Don't touch me!! /slaps him
Him: I'm not touching you... Did you just slap me?
Her #2: Get out BLM!!
Him: BLM?

... I'm confused by them. The comments say they are extreme right wing on one site... But says they are extreme leftists on another

Makes me laugh... I wanna see the full video
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:50 pm
I'm sorry to hear this man, I know from experience how much this bullshit is wrecking familial gatherings. I cancelled my trip to Ireland - that I had booked well before first recorded case - and now with a newborn, I honestly don't know when I'll make it back to see family. My mother's been in the states for years, so I'm thankful for that, but Christ on a cracker this is never going away, and the ass clowns who control the levers of power are too fucking risk averse to let this end anytime soon.

I hope you get to see her again soon my friend.
Thankfully my work is super flexible about it and i'm just shifting my vacation a week, but it's super frustrating trying to deal with the airlines as I originally booked this ticket in january 2020 to fly april 2020... everything was set up as I rebooked it right as the delta wave was starting so I was able to get business class round trip for an extra $100 over my original ticket. The biggest problem about it all is that my brother and his girlfriend are out there now, so we had all these plans for this weekend and here I am, stuck because I tested asymptomatic positive