There we go

Digital Masta
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Turns out that Blinken finally met with Lavrov...for 10 minutes but they just met.
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Wanted to watch the Chris Rock stand up live but was watching the TILL movie (about Emmett Till) and it ended pretty late, another great movie I recommend. Mind boggling that Carolyn Bryant is allowed not to rought in jail for the reminder of her life and no one assassinated her, Roy Bryant or William Milam 😨. Actually the whole jury and judge deserved a bullet too. Having said that I always wanted to visit Mississippi and Louisiana.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

My grandma was actually buried in the same cemetery as Emmett and Mamie Till (Burr Oak in Chicago IL). She was actually one of the plots that was sold...then resold.

...Which always brings up the craziness of former generations. I NEVER knew my grandfather on either side....both raging alcoholics. YET...they are buried next to my grandmothers with such lovely inscriptions on the tombstones, like nothing happened and they are happily together in heaven.

I only found out last year that my grandfather on my dad's side.. Died 1 year before my grandmother. I was always told he died before I was born
... Never bothered to ask why they've lied all these years... just because it doesn't really matter
Last edited by killacross on Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Enjoyed the Chris Rock stand up comedy. He really took the gloves off and didn't Give AF about anything. Also needed the reminder how much a bitch Will Smith was for that slap.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I haven't seen it yet...but I disagree

The problem is it has been a year and he wouldn't speak about it for a year. Seems petty to me at this juncture.
Haohmaru
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:26 am I haven't seen it yet...but I disagree

The problem is it has been a year and he wouldn't speak about it for a year. Seems petty to me at this juncture.
Chris rock didn’t want to milk the cow I guess. If he brings it up a year later people aren’t going to be as judging as when it’s still fresh in their memory.
If anything Chris did Will a service by doing this a year later.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:26 am I haven't seen it yet...but I disagree

The problem is it has been a year and he wouldn't speak about it for a year. Seems petty to me at this juncture.
Well, I believe he did say he wasn't gonna talk about it unless he got paid.
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

His take on Meghan Melarklewas F'n funny 😁
Cane_The9lives
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5Lf97hXQM

I gotta hand it to the Daily Wire on this one, they really understand the diehard loyalty of their subscribers.
To be able to sell over 300,000 bars of non existent chocolate in just over 24 hours is impressive.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:13 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5Lf97hXQM

I gotta hand it to the Daily Wire on this one, they really understand the diehard loyalty of their subscribers.
To be able to sell over 300,000 bars of non existent chocolate in just over 24 hours is impressive.

It's about having a strong brand and a specific audience. It was the same with the Jeremy's Razors. Doesn't matter if you don't get everyone so long as you get the audience the resonates with your message.

It's actually pretty common for smaller brands with a strong audience to launch without a product yet and to use the presells to actually create the product.
Cane_The9lives
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote:It's about having a strong brand and a specific audience. It was the same with the Jeremy's Razors. Doesn't matter if you don't get everyone so long as you get the audience the resonates with your message.

It's actually pretty common for smaller brands with a strong audience to launch without a product yet and to use the presells to actually create the product.
I'm not knocking it, I'm just skeptical of the whole "Loyalty regardless of quality" business model. They sold a crap ton of razors in the beginning but that was after design/manufacturing/marketing had all been lined up prior to launch, and the initial windfall was a boon for them. But it's hard to maintain a product line that's primary purpose is a troll, especially when quality is sacrificed for messaging (just read the reviews,they're not great). There's a finite amount of time in which you can rely on contrarian sentiment to sell your product, until eventually you run out of that steam and you actually have to produce something affordable and good.

The chocolate clearly was conceived under the same model, just at warp speed. The reason I probably wont buy it is because I genuinely don't think they take what they are doing seriously. Regardless of what you think of Harry's and Hershey's marketing strategies, there's an underlying sense beneath the silly culture war shit that they care about providing a quality product to their customers despite the "Woke appeasement" or whatever. At the end of the day, if the product is good people will eventually get over whatever knee-jerk distaste they have for the new marketing ploy (See Nike's stock for proof of that)

You can't target your products to only a select group of people forever, at some point you need a broader appeal, more attention to detail and a passion for the product. Unless they want to stay niche, in which case more power to them.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I think they are going for the niche market
... And it's actually pretty smart because they are convincing their sheeple to vote with their dollars. Their sheeple think they are doing something too (which is the same for the sheeple that buy white skittles during pride month... Because skittles "gave back the rainbow")

Everyone is happy and the corporations make ungodly profits

... In the long run... We need a REAL plague to start culling the herds... Worldwide preferably

Or I personally need to figure out a way to monetize on this wave too

Either is fine
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:28 pm I think they are going for the niche market
... And it's actually pretty smart because they are convincing their sheeple to vote with their dollars. Their sheeple think they are doing something too (which is the same for the sheeple that buy white skittles during pride month... Because skittles "gave back the rainbow")

Everyone is happy and the corporations make ungodly profits

... In the long run... We need a REAL plague to start culling the herds... Worldwide preferably

Or I personally need to figure out a way to monetize on this wave too

Either is fine
Count me in 😁😁😁😁😆😆😆😆
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Link: https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/ ... 0HiFw&s=08

Happy International Women's Day

Link: https://youtu.be/GT2ZvR00VJE

The 2nd link is more appropriate.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Marathoning Amazon Prime's Upload S1
...then on to S2

Show has me cackling. THIS is my sense of humor - even with all the propaganda that I missed the first time through

Either you fucks watch it....or I'm never talking to you again
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Watched 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' don't see what the big deal was about with that movie, it was a stupid movie. I'm convinced it was popular because there was butt plugs in the film.
killacross wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 am Marathoning Amazon Prime's Upload S1
...then on to S2

Show has me cackling. THIS is my sense of humor - even with all the propaganda that I missed the first time through

Either you fucks watch it....or I'm never talking to you again
Is it that good? Just watched S1 ep 3 of The Last of Us. That one man must be the best survivalist ever. That's how I want to be for the next engineered COVID pandemic, minus a couple scenes I had to fast forward through.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Season 2 was a huge drop in quality and storyline 😮‍💨😬

No rush to see season 3 now

And finally watched Chris Rock special
... Can't say I am a fan. It just wasn't funny 🤷
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

I'm on 1923 right now. Interestingly enough, both 1883 and 1923 are prequels to Yellowstone. I didn't finish Yellowstone yet but now I will since I'm invested in the other shows.
killacross
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Ugh
.. Next car will definitely not be a Ford. Not that I'm a fan of the brand to begin with... Just I've had 2 Fords and a Honda

Anyway.. I have a 2011 Ford Edge with 215k miles on it. Getting to 300k before I get rid of it. Latest issue. My drivers side window has stopped intermittently. Took it to the shop and they said we can't recreate the issue so can't do anything except complete replacement (which was like a $2500 quote) . So a few months later.. Same thing. This time though.. Window goes down and won't go back up. And I smell burned plastic. And of course, an entire week of rain in the forecast. So I get home yesterday and take the door apart to see how it works, figure out what's wrong, and manually force the window up.

I can only assume the door motor was assembled incorrectly at the plant. The connections for the motor are physically mangled inside the door.. Which wouldn't happen with an electrical short. And an obvious short because the plastic is all charred.

Anyway... I start looking on the internet for a replacement motor. AutoZone shows they have 3 in stock... But it's 1hr8mins away. So I order the replacement part online. 20ish mins later I get the notification the part is available for pick up. So I drive out there. The guy behind the counter can't find my order. Calls the other guy over. He's like... Oh yea. I couldn't find the part... But I can special order it in for you.

I was like... I just drove an hour plus because it said it was ready.. Why didn't you call me to say you can't find it or to cancel the order?

But that would hurt our store' s numbers.

I asked him to cancel the order and just left. No point in getting arrested. BUUUUUT... I will be mass shooting that store up in the very near future.

Edit:
Ordered the part from another chain. It arrived the next day amd was ready on time. Took me less than 10 mins to swap out the part. Window works again. :D

... And I left a negative Google review for the first store because I'm petty.
San Goku
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Post Reply