There we go

krozar

Re: There we go

Post by krozar »

superbob wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 am Kro was able to contact him about a month ago, which is how he was able to get the backups, I just don't know nearly enough about forums/websites to be able to completely rebuild the old site
It would require using XenForo, as that's the format the SQL database is in. I would write my own BB over using XenForo (programming is what I do these days). Although Discord is probably the best to use right now anyways and many people use Disc already.

I'll write a program to loop through the tables and dump them into text and/or JSON format. From there it should be possible to import into anything with some adjustments.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Looks like a handful of posts got clipped...(here and in the One Piece 1067 thread --the two subforums I visit most)
no biggie
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Yeah, no biggie though. Thanks for keeping this site going for all those years. You’re a G.

Trigun new anime trailer
https://youtu.be/CjtssO7s6Oc

I don’t like 3D anime’s, but this doesn’t look that bad. Apparently there’s a lot of changes made within the story.
I’ve never read the manga so I’m not that bothered.
The artstyle change isn’t a dealbreaker for me either. It actually grew on me.
Anyway looking forward to this
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

krozar wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:11 am
superbob wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 am Kro was able to contact him about a month ago, which is how he was able to get the backups, I just don't know nearly enough about forums/websites to be able to completely rebuild the old site
It would require using XenForo, as that's the format the SQL database is in. I would write my own BB over using XenForo (programming is what I do these days). Although Discord is probably the best to use right now anyways and many people use Disc already.

I'll write a program to loop through the tables and dump them into text and/or JSON format. From there it should be possible to import into anything with some adjustments.
Let me know if you want access to the hosting site, I'll create a user for you on my account. I can keep this place up, but between taking classes and studying for my Principals of Surveying test, I won't have time to do any upgrades/changes
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

Should we switch over to Discord or Slack?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Ice(v)an wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:00 pm Should we switch over to Discord or Slack?
We've been using this format forever lol
krozar

Post by krozar »

Well, that was in opposition to using Xenforo. The BB format seems to work well for us and familiar.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Oh the sites back posted in a theanimelounge Reddit. Actually Krozar responded to me
krozar

Post by krozar »

superbob wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:54 pm
krozar wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:11 am

Let me know if you want access to the hosting site, I'll create a user for you on my account. I can keep this place up, but between taking classes and studying for my Principals of Surveying test, I won't have time to do any upgrades/changes
Sure. Sounds good. I'll take a look at it.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

phpBB was the easiest and quickest to set up at the time, when the Original TAL went down, and I just stuck with it as it's easy to fix
krozar

Post by krozar »

superbob wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:38 am phpBB was the easiest and quickest to set up at the time, when the Original TAL went down, and I just stuck with it as it's easy to fix
phpBB is a good option since it's free and open source.

Haven't played around with a forum database in a while. Thinking of a good way to archive the old TAL posts. Originally it was on vBulletin and Raug migrated it to XenForo. Took the phpBB database and exported it to JSON and ran it through jq.

Code: Select all

jq '.[41].data[].post_text' u9883..9_migration.json 2>/dev/null | head -32 | sed 's|<[^>]*>||g'
It pulled out post_text beautifully. I'll do the same on the Xenforo DB and write some functions to array the forum IDs and valid topic IDs, loop through each topic ID and and slurp the noteworthy info such as poster, post date, and topic. That will be cleaned up to plaintext and placed in a text file with the subject line being the filename. Then organized into directories of the forums.

Code: Select all

../tal-xenforo/General
	some-topic-here.txt
	another_topic.txt
	topic_ID-3.txt
../tal-xenforo/Lounge
	etc...
Then it can just be tarballed and even placed in a web index.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I have no idea what you all are talking about...As a Pharma Engineer.. My skillset is completely different... And even in Engineering school 20 years ago.. We learned html, Fortran, and I took C++ and Java just because... And that was almost 20 years ago

... If you ever spend millions of dollars to create a drug product to be used on people or animals and have questions about submitting to the FDA or EMA or ANVISA markets for approval... holla atcha boi
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

World Cup officially starts today 🙌🏾 👏🏾

Edit

Great opening World Cup ceremony. Ironically Morgan Freeman's part about all of us being scattered Tribes is exactly what the Hebrew to Negroes documentary Kyrie Irving, created by Ronald Dalton Jr was promoting.

https://twitter.com/hebrews2negroes/sta ... 9833888768
killacross

Post by killacross »

Original Green and White Power Ranger
... Jason David Frank dead at 49 (reported by tabloids that it was by suicide)

... My childhood man... Damn
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:03 pm Original Green and White Power Ranger
... Jason David Frank dead at 49 (reported by tabloids that it was by suicide)

... My childhood man... Damn
WTF are you telling me right now?

Shit you are not bullshiting...R.I.P. First Batman now Green Ranger 😢

Why would he want to off his self. Just seen he has 4 kids too.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Damn. You never know what people are going through behind closed doors.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Haohmaru wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:43 pm Yeah, no biggie though. Thanks for keeping this site going for all those years. You’re a G.

Trigun new anime trailer
https://youtu.be/CjtssO7s6Oc

I don’t like 3D anime’s, but this doesn’t look that bad. Apparently there’s a lot of changes made within the story.
I’ve never read the manga so I’m not that bothered.
The artstyle change isn’t a dealbreaker for me either. It actually grew on me.
Anyway looking forward to this
Meryl's a reporter now and looks prepubescent, Knives appears to be doing his best "Look at my hood!!" Kabuto impression, and Wolfwood looks like a tool who appears to have been given the 4kids sanji treatment. A fucking sucker? Seriously?
Oh god they are going to butcher the Gung ho Guns.
I can't believe Nightow signed off on this shit.

Also...

They replaced Milly with some dude named Roberto Di Niro? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Oh my gawd...Bleach TYBW episode 7...back to back INCREDIBLE episodes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Have my snip snip surgery scheduled in 2 weeks
... Surprisingly cheap and easy to schedule

Let's see how it goes...

First week back to work. Yesterday I walked into a shit show...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:23 am Oh my gawd...Bleach TYBW episode 7...back to back INCREDIBLE episodes.
Will try to watch after work! Want to watch with my son is this episode really bloody/violent?

Saudi Arabia beat Argentina wtf 😳 😆 did not see that coming!
killacross wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:46 am Have my snip snip surgery scheduled in 2 weeks
... Surprisingly cheap and easy to schedule

Let's see how it goes...

First week back to work. Yesterday I walked into a shit show...
He'll let off a cry that will make your heart sink but it's worth it.