There we go

superbob
Site Admin

Re: There we go

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:37 pm
superbob wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:34 pm
killacross wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:59 am ...just thought about it

it's 2023...where are my goddamn Amazon drone deliveries??
We do a lot of drone surveying for large open fields, and the amount of red tape we have to go through to get FAA clearance for those small areas we do, I don't see drone deliveries for a while.
Hey do you think it's worth getting a drone license and making a business out of it?
Depends on your area and what you want to do with it? No idea on what the market is like outside of surveying, but in the surveying world, just about every firm has someone who's licensed on staff now for the larger empty lot surveys.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I would think you could do it for a real estate company (the guy who takes aerial shots of a property)

,... Seems pretty niche, market though

Or maybe a roof inspector for a gutter cleaning, chimney repair, or roof repair company... Or quick surveying for disaster recovery...

Edit

Just finished watching SSSS Gridman...

The most beautiful POS anime I have seen in a while
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So who's going to be Republicans House Speaker?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:52 pm I would think you could do it for a real estate company (the guy who takes aerial shots of a property)

,... Seems pretty niche, market though

Or maybe a roof inspector for a gutter cleaning, chimney repair, or roof repair company... Or quick surveying for disaster recovery...

Edit
You can definitely make money doing it but usually, it's part of you being a real estate photographer or a videographer.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 am So who's going to be Republicans House Speaker?
At the rate they are going, he/she hasn't been born yet.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:39 pm
San Goku wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 am So who's going to be Republicans House Speaker?
At the rate they are going, he/she hasn't been born yet.
Think it's a great thing. Hope the hold outs set McCarthy straight if he still wants it. I think he should just step down at this point.
killacross

Post by killacross »

why? he got the votes...15th time is the charm

Honestly...it's just a turning point for the republican party. The midterms were a wake up call for them...the problem is that while they understand there was no red wave like expected -- I doubt they seriously self reflect enough to understand what the American people want. I think the Dems don't understand it either...they just have enough people scared of speaking up that they are squeaking by on victories. At least that's what my echo chambers are saying
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

My best friend's wife gave birth on new years day so I spent all day today cooking freezer food for them.

Today, Thanksgiving, and Christmas just reaffirms why I didn't become a cook... I love cooking but not nearly that much.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:14 am My best friend's wife gave birth on new years day so I spent all day today cooking freezer food for them.

Today, Thanksgiving, and Christmas just reaffirms why I didn't become a cook... I love cooking but not nearly that much.
Now I want to try some of your cooking.

Sometimes when I look at cooks I get the impression that it's such a fulfilling job, not all cooks of course.

Congrats to your friend. We need some little Bob's running around now.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Speaking of cooking
I have been obsession over getting a razor sharp chefs knife as of late

Want the knife, the sharpening stones, and a steel honing rod

Used to have an expensive set of ceramic knives.. But my inlaws would use them as box cutters... Oh it would make my blood boil!!
Now I have a [cheap] set of ceramic knives... But they are nearing the end of their service years

I'm still trying to justify getting a $200-$250 knife...or may just get a cheap one $40-$50...and upgrade in a few years (I am CERTAIN my wife is going to destroy it...)
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Fibro ... B000638D32

I've had this knife for 8 years now, with a yearly wetstone sharpening it's been fantastic. This is the knife you'll see most often in restaurants across the world.

I use this one the most, and I have Japanese Sujihiki and Deba knives for any fish or delicate work.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ordered
...arriving later today

Got a knife, honing steel, cutting board, and sharpening stone

Thanks

It's funny...I am the type that I will research and research and research...until someone I know makes a suggestion. Then I buy it unseen with 0 questions (though that knife did come up often in the rankings)
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I'm the asshole that's intimidated by wet stones so I use that tool that you're not supposed to use. The one where you run the blade across it.

I've had my cheap ass knife for at least 10 years and the fucker just keeps going, although as my cooking skills have increased I can feel its time is drawing near and I'll have to get a new one and a proper sharpening set up.

I just got a 13-inch carbon steel wok that I just seasoned. I have been on a wok cooking/Chinese cooking youtube rampage as of late and am super excited to use the shit outta this thing.

Shout out to J. Kenji Lopez-Alt and School of Wok.
killacross

Post by killacross »

We got this house with a LP range..finally!!!

...I've been on a cast iron tear for a while. My wife still likes the non-stick set that we have. I use the cast iron...and the stainless steel for pretty much everything else
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:19 am We got this house with a LP range..finally!!!

...I've been on a cast iron tear for a while. My wife still likes the non-stick set that we have. I use the cast iron...and the stainless steel for pretty much everything else
My apartment's gas is propane, the 2nd burner on my old ass range is pretty powerful.

My cast iron is just so damn heavy and because I live in a tiny ass apartment using it is a pain. I have a non-stick, a stainless, a cast iron and now a wok. I just cooked up a chicken n' broccoli-inspired dish on it for dinner to go with left over pasta I made last night (I combine food cultures). Oh...my...god, the sear and smokey taste. I'm not a big deep fryer but I will give it a go in the wok.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Which wok?

We're in the winter months
... So I'm now into hearty soups and stews and curries right now.. I love my stock pot and I love my pressure cooker...I need to break out my crock pot as well... But haven't in some time

I love steaks and salmon off of it... But the vast portion of the cast iron is for pancakes for my daughter right now

Which reminds me... Raising a son is so much harder than raising a daughter... You have to he so careful

I've already changed his diaper a few times and almost forgot to say "No homo". Gotta be careful
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1

You have way more options in America when it comes to woks, at least carbon steel ones. I just went with ordering one from Amazon JP for convenience.

My damn Ninja Foodi multi-cooker/air fryer got the foodi equivalent of the blue screen of death and has been out of commission ever since. It was an older version that was refurbished, it was the one error that it can't come back from. I'll eventually get an upgraded one but they aren't cheap.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Amazon has been having issues this weekend

...I figure someone will be hanged whenever it is resolved
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Enjoyed Trigun Stampede episode 1.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:59 pm Amazon has been having issues this weekend

...I figure someone will be hanged whenever it is resolved
Well they are about to layoff 18,000 people.