There we go

San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

DM gets it with Kanye West, the selective outrage is hilarious. Also, after reflecting I'm even more certain Kanye's master plan was if he doesn't own his own design he'll just make it worthless to the Gap and Adidas lol.

@killa, I have great organizational and management skills. I have experience managing in a Union environment, following H&S protocols and I'm a quick learner. Any hot Spanish professionals your wife brings in I would love to work with them and make them feel comfortable.
San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

New Ant-Man trailer: https://youtu.be/ZlNFpri-Y40
Cane_The9lives
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:45 am https://youtu.be/9asuWk-4F-E

Just pointing out the optics of it.

Honestly, I think more people need to take ideas from the Jewish culture. Jewish people are one of the most insular groups on earth, a lot of that came out of necessity but it's also how the culture/religion works. Do you know how hard it is to convert to Judaism? It's not a proselytizing religion like Christianity is. The idea of Christianity is fundamentally about saving as many people as possible by introducing them to Jesus and God. Judaism gives zero fucks about bringing outsiders into the fold, you have to prove your commitment to them, not the other way around and I'm not mad at them for it.
I would personally classify Most Jewish communities as heavily communal rather than insular (insular implies way too much willful blindness to other cultures and lifestyles) with the exception of the aforementioned Hasidic sect.
The reason they don't proselytize has more to do with the fact that Judaism is one of the oldest religions on earth inextricably linked to an ethnic diaspora, Christianity has no such genetic ties to its religion.

Digital Masta wrote: If you're a libertarian then have a large group of "your people" and help each other move up in the world.
Lol they do, the apotheosis of a "Libertarian Community" is a Hippy commune, and it's the perfect example of why too much insulation and cultural isolation is detrimental to your health.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:26 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:45 am https://youtu.be/9asuWk-4F-E

Just pointing out the optics of it.

Honestly, I think more people need to take ideas from the Jewish culture. Jewish people are one of the most insular groups on earth, a lot of that came out of necessity but it's also how the culture/religion works. Do you know how hard it is to convert to Judaism? It's not a proselytizing religion like Christianity is. The idea of Christianity is fundamentally about saving as many people as possible by introducing them to Jesus and God. Judaism gives zero fucks about bringing outsiders into the fold, you have to prove your commitment to them, not the other way around and I'm not mad at them for it.
I would personally classify Most Jewish communities as heavily communal rather than insular (insular implies way too much willful blindness to other cultures and lifestyles) with the exception of the aforementioned Hasidic sect.
The reason they don't proselytize has more to do with the fact that Judaism is one of the oldest religions on earth inextricably linked to an ethnic diaspora, Christianity has no such genetic ties to its religion.

Digital Masta wrote: If you're a libertarian then have a large group of "your people" and help each other move up in the world.


I'll rephrase to communal, which is what I mean. In regards to the "libertarian community" that's not exactly what I'm talking about. I don't mean "big L" libertarian community, that's a shit show that has to do with politics. I'm talking more about values, in an offline world that looks more like:

-Homeschooling groups/communities
-Traditionally it was your church community
-The Free State Project to an extent but they are also involved in politics, however, having a group of people with similar values relocating to a certain area is naturally going to create communities where they help each other.

Basically, it's about going to "your people" first before going to others. That could mean with problems you're having, business deals, advice, whatever. You start in the group before going out of the group. You look for a dentist in your group before you look for a dentist outside of your group (yes, it has to be a good dentist).

This used to be the norm before communities and families started collapsing as time went on. It's not a radical concept.

In an online world, it looks more like (you probably don't know these people):

-Tom Woods' School of Life

He created an organization, where he brings in experts to talk to the members about many different things, business, homeschooling, banking, homesteading, entrepreneurship, investing, etc.

I believe he opens up enrollment twice a year so it's made to be limited but it's not about politics. It's about like-minded people being together and helping each other, it's not made for everyone.

-Cody Sanchez has her Contrarian Thinking group. She's all about investing in boring businesses, so her group is about how to do that, deals get brought to that group and the members can work with each other on deals and things like that.
Lol they do, the apotheosis of a "Libertarian Community" is a Hippy commune, and it's the perfect example of why too much insulation and cultural isolation is detrimental to your health.
The problem isn't too much insulation and cultural isolation. The problem is that people can then go to the state to force those hippies to do what they want, or the hippies can use the gun of the state to get what they want. Not really much of an issue if you're super isolated and have no power to fuck with other people's shit.

Again, I will never agree with the idea that we have to force people who hate each other to sit next to one another and intertwine their lives together. That doesn't mean you can't buy stuff from my store but you probably wouldn't want to anyway.
superbob
Site Admin
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 am

Re: There we go

Post by superbob »

I spent a good solid 8 years there where I was willing to pay for streaming sites, because there were two of them and they had all the content. Now, I'm back on the high seas because the reason I went away from cable was because I didn't want to have to pay for so many god damn subscriptions. Now that every company has their own streaming service, they're all starting to lose business because of it.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:14 am I spent a good solid 8 years there where I was willing to pay for streaming sites, because there were two of them and they had all the content. Now, I'm back on the high seas because the reason I went away from cable was because I didn't want to have to pay for so many god damn subscriptions. Now that every company has their own streaming service, they're all starting to lose business because of it.
Yup. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Netflix because I want to support Cobra Kai...yeah, that's pretty much it. Amazon because it is included in my regular prime membership which is 500 yen a month or like $3.50.

So, Henry Cavill is officially back as Superman now. Lots of wet panties all over the planet.
San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Interesting reel: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkLYTLNt ... MyMTA2M2Y=

To Kanye's point on the power structure and ownership in the media.
xandorxerxes
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:56 am <>
-Homeschooling groups/communities
-Traditionally it was your church community
<>
Basically, it's about going to "your people" first before going to others. This used to be the norm before communities and families started collapsing as time went on. It's not a radical concept.
<>
The problem isn't too much insulation and cultural isolation. The problem is that people can then go to the state to force those hippies to do what they want, or the hippies can use the gun of the state to get what they want. Not really much of an issue if you're super isolated and have no power to fuck with other people's shit.
This still happens, it's never stopped happening. It's happening more now than it ever was. People have just globalized instead of meeting locally, now they have online communities. The problem isn't necessarily the insulation, the problem is how insulated it is. This is ESPECIALLY problematic with homeschooling. If a bunch of flat-earthers, even as a community, homeschool their kids, they raise flat-earthers. If a bunch of hippies homeschool their kids, they raise hippies. Christians, terrorists, good/bad people, blah blah blah.

Once we become so insulated that we lose the ability and/or desire to learn and see outside of our view, we stop functioning. Our very politics today show this and I hate that real issues are buried and we're super-polarized over issues that are objectively easy to prove one way or another because of those insulated communities.
San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

I'll probably get a Twitter account in the coming weeks.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:50 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:56 am <>
-Homeschooling groups/communities
-Traditionally it was your church community
<>
Basically, it's about going to "your people" first before going to others. This used to be the norm before communities and families started collapsing as time went on. It's not a radical concept.
<>
The problem isn't too much insulation and cultural isolation. The problem is that people can then go to the state to force those hippies to do what they want, or the hippies can use the gun of the state to get what they want. Not really much of an issue if you're super isolated and have no power to fuck with other people's shit.
This still happens, it's never stopped happening. It's happening more now than it ever was. People have just globalized instead of meeting locally, now they have online communities. The problem isn't necessarily the insulation, the problem is how insulated it is. This is ESPECIALLY problematic with homeschooling. If a bunch of flat-earthers, even as a community, homeschool their kids, they raise flat-earthers. If a bunch of hippies homeschool their kids, they raise hippies. Christians, terrorists, good/bad people, blah blah blah.

Once we become so insulated that we lose the ability and/or desire to learn and see outside of our view, we stop functioning. Our very politics today show this and I hate that real issues are buried and we're super-polarized over issues that are objectively easy to prove one way or another because of those insulated communities.
I like how your description of homeschooling is flat earthers like they are the only ones who homeschool. My problem when you say things like this is that you're advocating forcing people to be together because that's what you want.
San Goku wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:16 pm I'll probably get a Twitter account in the coming weeks.
Elon cleaning house.
superbob
Site Admin
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 am

Re: There we go

Post by superbob »

Image
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

I had an account years ago...don't have one now. It used to be a cool place to interact with and connect people. No interest in going back.
killacross
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I only had a Xanga page years ago...and a Myspace years ago

I remember when Facebook came through the college campus...I thought it was the dumbest shit possible. We had AIM, we had email, we had texts (at like $0.05/ea)...so ti was a last resort

My wife has a Facebook that she uses to spy on family/friends back in Nicaragua...but I think she has made 2 posts in the 10ish years she's had it.
San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

killacross
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

This guy is a nut!!
Of course LBG did a skit!! Hlarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9asuWk- ... e=youtu.be
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

The three black guys all posted the same Griffy skit.
San Goku
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Great minds think alike then lol.

Went to my first FINA Swimming World Cup competition. It was hosted in Toronto and I had some time to watch, pretty exciting.
killacross
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:47 pm The three black guys all posted the same Griffy skit.
I think it went over your heads :D
Haohmaru
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru »

Oh god the new bleach episode reminded me why I hated bleach at the end. Yeah let's just steal bankai's. You really couldn't come up with better shit. Also the animation is pretty lackluster. A lot of still images.
Digital Masta
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:25 pm Oh god the new bleach episode reminded me why I hated bleach at the end. Yeah let's just steal bankai's. You really couldn't come up with better shit. Also the animation is pretty lackluster. A lot of still images.
Yeah but the bankai stealing was just a plot point to move the story to the next point. It wasn't the main part of the arc. It was mainly there for Byakuya and Komamura to level up later and for Yama to die. Now with the added scenes will Yama's ban kai actually get used, who knows?

Yeah, lots of still shots but they are basically doing the Attack on Titan situation but this final arc is 4 seasons of 24-26 episodes so not every episode is gonna fire. But also, anime is notorious for the still panning shot. It's been doing this for decades.

My issue with this arc was that certain story things were never explained and then the ending.
Post Reply