There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

@killa are you guys pumping COVID vaccine into animal and veg products or is that fake news?
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:59 pm If I vote for Biden this time..$50k off my student loans right?

C'mon man!!!
I'm kind of a whore, i'd vote for someone for $50k
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Russian FM Lavrov at UN: https://youtu.be/XTYTx7bzwi0

Flash trailer 2 🔥🔥🔥🔥: https://youtu.be/r51cYVZWKdY
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:46 am @killa are you guys pumping COVID vaccine into animal and veg products or is that fake news?
Sounds fake to me. AFAIK, vaccines don't work that way
killacross

Post by killacross »

Completely, completely random...
But guys..I think I am an incredibly high-functioning alcoholic. I just had a surprise phone call meeting with the NA VP of Operations... And I apparently knocked it out of the park!! ( Our local leadership team was sending IMs and emails)

BUT..I'm pretty wasted right now...I'm at my desk at work

I drink 4-5 days per week...I'll drink an entire .75L bottle in a day or so... I go to work sloshed...or I'm sloshed around my household or sloshed around my in-laws pretty regularly

I hide alcohol around the house so I can take a quick gulp when my wife isn't looking...and I've even developed a full-proof method to get to alcohol at work. We test drug product samples that should be around 38% at work pretty regularly... So I fill sample bottles with 40% vodka - if it's ever tested... It's within tolerance and passes... Even though the batch numbers would not match (which is a consistent problem here, so it wouldn't cause issues)

I gotta get my shit under control...
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

You don't drive to work I take it?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

All this talk of government tyranny for making people mask up so they don't unintentionally kill someone, but now the government is literally just closing a business in the name of privacy. Maybe it should just... give us privacy rights instead of making up reasons?

The bill even grants the commerce department executive power to determine what apps should and shouldn't exist. Here's the EFF (privacy org):
Even if the bill's sponsors do not intend it, giving the Commerce Department broad authority to impose crushing criminal penalties on any person trying to evade a 'mitigation measure' is dangerous. For example, in the case of a mitigation measure that bars the importation of TikTok into the US, it authorizes penalties, including 25 years of prison time, for any person who brings TikTok into the US, whether by use of a VPN or downloading it while in another country.
Note that the CD can specify whatever app they want at any time - the bill isn't directed at Tik Tok specifically. All of this of course while providing Americans absolutely 0 privacy protections otherwise. No one cares. Madness.
killacross wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:40 pm Post
Yeah... That's really not good dude. Really really not good.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Last time I looked at that bill it was full of absolute crap...I guess it still is.

And killa, I know you've "toughed out" a lot in your life from crappy upbringing to crap in-laws...maybe therapy might be worth looking to?
killacross

Post by killacross »

@XX
I drink on the drive in usually (after dropping off my kids at daycare)...so it hits after I'm at my desk. I may go out and drink at a restaurant during lunch..but I sober up before heading home in the afternoon

Then I may have a drink at home...

@DM
Sounds like a lot of work
..probably just gonna cold turkey it for a while or 2

But yeah..I don't remember the specifics of the conversation with the #3 guy in the company...I don't think I committed to anything crazy (I know drunk me pretty well ya know)

The funniest part is most are surprised that I drink because apparently I don't give off the "vibe" of a drinker - I've heard that countless times in life...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm @XX
I drink on the drive in usually (after dropping off my kids at daycare)...so it hits after I'm at my desk. I may go out and drink at a restaurant during lunch..but I sober up before heading home in the afternoon

@DM

But yeah..I don't remember the specifics of the conversation with the #3 guy in the company...I don't think I committed to anything crazy (I know drunk me pretty well ya know)

The funniest part is most are surprised that I drink because apparently I don't give off the "vibe" of a drinker - I've heard that countless times in life...
Sounds okay, if you lived in the Caribbean like Jamaica no one would think anything of it....but you are in the US where life is fast paced and stressful so be careful.

Personally I'll like up a spliff every now and then, never during work. A couple hours before or after. I drank once during work and felt f@#k so never again. Even during the week day I prefer not to drink. I'll leave the drinking for the weekend. I'd rather avoid alcohol as much as possible.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:46 pm
killacross wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm @XX

@DM

Sounds okay,

It does not.
killacross wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm
@DM
Not sure if that's a cold turkey thing. It's more likely an underlying issue and the alcohol is just the vehicle that it manifests in. I mean you're out here drinking and driving.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I knew you all were my tribe of people. No excuses or justifications. Just thought to myself...wtf yesterday as I was sitting at work...and the worst part is I am one of the most productive people in my department. I've become "the Fixer" again...and I fucking hate it!!

I'm sure I have issues...we all have issues. I'm just blessed that it's nothing crippling. I'm just making poor decisions as of late [I realized this has been going on for a few weeks - I was actually reviewing my spending for April and realized I have hit up an ABC store (how you buy liquor in my state) 2-3x a week for the past few weeks. Then I was like...have I really been going and drinking that much? Turns out YES...yes I have).

Seriously...I'll get this under control starting today and done by May. Not trying to kill anyone...not trying to bankrupt the family...not trying to get a record...etc etc etc
killacross

Post by killacross »

You know it's bad when Jerry Springer says "Fuck this shit I'm out "

Edit
The white woman who got Emmitt Till lynched has died

I hope the stories are true about people seeing Death right before they die. I hope she was terrified and saw Death and Emmitt watching over her from the corner as she took her last breath.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

It always astounds me that Congress plays around with the debt limit. You appropriated the money to things. Don't fucking do that if you're not going to take on the debt to actually do it. You don't balance your accounts by just not paying for it (<insert Trump joke>). Countries are already moving away from using US dollars. How about we not give them any excuse to speed that up?
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:46 am
San Goku wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:46 pm Sounds okay,
It does not.
^This.

You may also want to make sure no one could tell - often times some people are able to tell something is off (especially spouses) even if they can't point to why. Especially with drinking, people often overestimate how hidden it is. That's not to say it applies to you, but it's a thing.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Desantis is probably going to take a black eye in this whole Disney crusade. Whatever you think of the company, it's clear as polished glass this whole thing is punitive and has been from the word go. They already outfoxed him with the board, and now they're pursuing actual legal action that could hinder his campaign if it doesn't go his way. This is disappointing, mainly because i think he's got a real shot at finally eradicating the pestilence of Donald Trump, and despite my many disagreements with his policies, I would still vote for him over Biden.

Taking on the Big eared mouse in a misguided effort to salvage his ego is not a good idea.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Stephen Crowder is a jackass.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Did you hear about the stuff with Dave Landau? I've watched clips of Crowder because I find his commentary interesting at times but I have never found him particularly funny. Dave on the other hand was always funny. And we keep getting more and more examples of Crowder being difficult to work with starting back with "Not Gay" Jared. I mean there's also Crowder's side but this stuff seems to happen, even Lauren Chen mentioned how he can be a bit much and she never directly worked for him, but she was approached by him and other companies at one point.

And now there is this stuff with Candace Owens, who despite having some points that I agree with I have never liked. This goes all the way back to the dumpster fire that was her "debate" with Blaire White on Dave Rubin's show. I think she is a mean-spirited, and quite nasty person...actually, I think the word I'm looking for is vindictive. Actually, they both seem that way. They're both acting stupid.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:55 pm
But the most important part is they made a beer called Mmmhops.

https://www.hansonbrothersbeer.com/beers
I'll be back in the States for 2 weeks and I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of their beer...unless it's only in Oklahoma.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:55 pm You know it's bad when Jerry Springer says "Fuck this shit I'm out "

Edit
The white woman who got Emmitt Till lynched has died

I hope the stories are true about people seeing Death right before they die. I hope she was terrified and saw Death and Emmitt watching over her from the corner as she took her last breath.
R.I.P Jerry. I hope that batch that got Emmitt Till lynched is burning in hell. Movie that came out recently about his murder was really good.

Edit

Another good DC anime to watch is Legion of Super-Heroes and check out the after credits scene too!
killacross

Post by killacross »

So.. Only 2-3 days without drinking

I keep having the thought of... Let me grab a quick nip

So I dumped all the liquor in the house out this morning... I still have a few bottles of nice wine in the wine rack though

The real test is next weekend when it's my daughter's birthday party and a house full of sumamabitches
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:37 pm Did you hear about the stuff with Dave Landau? I've watched clips of Crowder because I find his commentary interesting at times but I have never found him particularly funny. Dave on the other hand was always funny. And we keep getting more and more examples of Crowder being difficult to work with starting back with "Not Gay" Jared. I mean there's also Crowder's side but this stuff seems to happen, even Lauren Chen mentioned how he can be a bit much and she never directly worked for him, but she was approached by him and other companies at one point.

And now there is this stuff with Candace Owens, who despite having some points that I agree with I have never liked. This goes all the way back to the dumpster fire that was her "debate" with Blaire White on Dave Rubin's show. I think she is a mean-spirited, and quite nasty person...actually, I think the word I'm looking for is vindictive. Actually, they both seem that way. They're both acting stupid.
They're both clowns in my opinion. Crowder's ego however has ballooned to such a size he can't even see behind him when he unwittingly shows his ass.
I remember several years ago someone leaked several DMs from Gutfeld utterly trashing him. Talking about his time at Fox News and how virtually no one liked him and the general difficulties he caused.

Some people are just so full of themselves it becomes almost impossible for them to inhabit the same space as others for too long.
Looks like his wife just proved that point.