There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 pm What's going on in your personal lives people??

Things are going great for us ATM... So I'm terrified a crash is just around the corner

Still haven't had a drink in a few weeks... It sucks.. But was needed
Going to the US for 2 weeks next month and brining my gf. We'll be in Georgia for 3 days where we'll go to my Uncle and Aunt's 50th wedding anniversary event so she'll meet my ENTIRE father's side of the family and then up to my parents' place in NJ for the rest of the time.

Remember last year I mentioned something about helping businesses get money back from the government through a payroll tax refund program? We'll I've made a bit over 50k so far (actually in my bank account) since I started so that's going pretty well.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 am
Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 am
superbob wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:04 am
As long as Ukrainian citizens are willing to defend their country, I am willing to fund their defense.
But that isn't a strategy. Also, does it matter that last April the two countries were willing to agree to terms only for America to nip that in the bud because it didn't bode well with American governmental machinations? America doesn't give a shit about Ukrainians or Russians dying.
The strategy so far seems to have worked quite well. Ukraine was able to push Russian forces back across the Dnipro river at the onset of the Russian Invasion, and the battle lines are mostly back to what they were from 2014 on. While Russian forces appear to have taken the town of Bahkmut, from everything i've read from all news sources I can get my hands on, at bare minimum they lost 5 soldiers for every 1 lost by Ukraine.

I've stated this many times before, Putin can end this war by simply removing his armed forces from Ukrainian Territory.

Also, got any links to that peace deal? I remember the first peace deal that Russia rejected, then the second that Ukraine rejected they would have lost essentially half of their country. The only things Putin, so far, has succeeded in this invasion was drive more countries closer to the US and NATO, kill and drive out russian youths, and show the world that his Military is actually quite bad for how large it is.
Russians are in full control of this war don't be fooled. All Ukraine had to do was stay neutral. Putin told the West (US led NATO) not to cross the line, they called his bluff and are getting owned. Also supplying F-16's to Ukraine is pointless and will just end up as scrap metal. Things will escalate even more after that. Nuland admitting under oath to bio-weapons. Putin's goal is to de-nazify and de-militarize Ukraine. He could have just leveled the country a long time ago instead of doing a special military operation.

Russia is not being isolated, their economy has been doing well despite 11 rounds of sanctions. People are still buying their oil/gas. India is taking advantage and winning. European airlines would love to fly over Russian borders because they have the largest country on the planet and it's a lot more expensive to go around. Saudi Arabia is in good relations with Russia as well as majority of the world outside of Western powers, just look at UN votes to condem Russia.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

R.I.P Tina Turner 😔
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Also Ray Stevenson and Jim Brown.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:11 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 am

But that isn't a strategy. Also, does it matter that last April the two countries were willing to agree to terms only for America to nip that in the bud because it didn't bode well with American governmental machinations? America doesn't give a shit about Ukrainians or Russians dying.
The strategy so far seems to have worked quite well. Ukraine was able to push Russian forces back across the Dnipro river at the onset of the Russian Invasion, and the battle lines are mostly back to what they were from 2014 on. While Russian forces appear to have taken the town of Bahkmut, from everything i've read from all news sources I can get my hands on, at bare minimum they lost 5 soldiers for every 1 lost by Ukraine.

I've stated this many times before, Putin can end this war by simply removing his armed forces from Ukrainian Territory.

Also, got any links to that peace deal? I remember the first peace deal that Russia rejected, then the second that Ukraine rejected they would have lost essentially half of their country. The only things Putin, so far, has succeeded in this invasion was drive more countries closer to the US and NATO, kill and drive out russian youths, and show the world that his Military is actually quite bad for how large it is.
Russians are in full control of this war don't be fooled. All Ukraine had to do was stay neutral. Putin told the West (US led NATO) not to cross the line, they called his bluff and are getting owned. Also supplying F-16's to Ukraine is pointless and will just end up as scrap metal. Things will escalate even more after that. Nuland admitting under oath to bio-weapons. Putin's goal is to de-nazify and de-militarize Ukraine. He could have just leveled the country a long time ago instead of doing a special military operation.

Russia is not being isolated, their economy has been doing well despite 11 rounds of sanctions. People are still buying their oil/gas. India is taking advantage and winning. European airlines would love to fly over Russian borders because they have the largest country on the planet and it's a lot more expensive to go around. Saudi Arabia is in good relations with Russia as well as majority of the world outside of Western powers, just look at UN votes to condem Russia.
Please provide a source for any of this information/propaganda. I have a healthy distrust of any single point of information so if you could, provide multiple sources please.

From everything i've read and can find, Russia has about twice the casualties as Ukraine as of right now and has lost territory and personnel at an alarming rate for a military of their supposed strength.

Also, the F16 is an absolutely spectacular aircraft and is a much better combat jet than anything Russia is actually using in Ukraine right now. I would have preferred if they had given the Ukrainian Gripen, as that thing can land and take off of a dirt runway 500m long, and can be serviced by one technician and 6 random people, but I can't argue...

And for the denazification of Ukraine, that's been proven a lie from the beginning.

https://www.euronews.com/2023/03/24/wag ... -narrative
https://www.csce.gov/international-impa ... zification

Ukraine is a sovereign country from Russia, if they want to have a military, russia has no say in the issue as they have no treaties with Ukraine that would limit their military in exchange with protection. In fact, they have the opposite. Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons after the fall of the USSR in exchange for Russia respecting their territorial boundaries. This once again unfortunately proves that the nuclear deterrent is the end all be all and that every country should aim to have them.

This whole conflict stems from the Euromaidan revolution and the ousting of President Yanukovych. While I don't believe the US started the revolution, I do believe they aided in it once it was started. Russia then invaded Crimea, and supported/invaded the donbas region of Ukraine claiming they were protecting ethnic russians in the region. The only reason there were any ethnic russians in the eastern areas of Ukraine was because Stalin killed millions of Ukrainians living in that area and resettled soviet citizens into there (see Holodomor).

I wouldn't consider russia to be in good standing world wide either, the UN resolution was passed with an overwhelming vote of 143 in favour, 5 against and 35 abstaining, and I wouldn't consider Saudi Arabia to be a good bedfellow, considering they financed 9-11 (and 15/19 of the hijackers were saudi citizens) and do finance a vast majority of the worldwide terror attacks.

From what corner of the internet are you getting this information from?
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:02 pm
killacross wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 pm What's going on in your personal lives people??

Things are going great for us ATM... So I'm terrified a crash is just around the corner

Going to the US for 2 weeks next month and brining my gf. We'll be in Georgia for 3 days where we'll go to my Uncle and Aunt's 50th wedding anniversary event so she'll meet my ENTIRE father's side of the family and then up to my parents' place in NJ for the rest of the time.

Remember last year I mentioned something about helping businesses get money back from the government through a payroll tax refund program? We'll I've made a bit over 50k so far (actually in my bank account) since I started so that's going pretty well.
What's the route you're taking to get down to georgia? I've come to the conclusion that at the ripe old age of 35 that any flight longer than 4 hours i'm flying first class... so I'm curious as to what route you decided to go with from Japan.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

If Ron DeSantis is smart he will just bow down and ask Trump to be his running mate for VP.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 am If Ron DeSantis is smart he will just bow down and ask Trump to be his running mate for VP.
Trump's ego would never allow him to not be the one in charge. I would fully expect it the other way around but I don't see trump on a ticket winning another election in the US.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:29 am
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:02 pm

What's the route you're taking to get down to georgia? I've come to the conclusion that at the ripe old age of 35 that any flight longer than 4 hours i'm flying first class... so I'm curious as to what route you decided to go with from Japan.
My City--->Tokyo--->direct flight to Atlanta. Premium Economy. Unfortunately business and above is at least 6k a ticket.

Gonna start hopefully looking into some serious Japanese AMEX cards and travel hacking this year.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:02 pm Going to the US for 2 weeks next month and brining my gf. We'll be in Georgia for 3 days where we'll go to my Uncle and Aunt's 50th wedding anniversary event so she'll meet my ENTIRE father's side of the family and then up to my parents' place in NJ for the rest of the time.

the SECOND you step on American soil and they scan your ID :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbk-w8Ds6w

Congrats!...and is this the same girlfriend from waaaay back when...or a new one?

**EDIT**
OH!! I forgot to mention...my best friend and his wife/daughter are coming to visit in a few weeks. He initially told me he is coming for a week. I said cool. He said he was planning to drive the 1200 miles. I said that's like 17/18/19 hrs of driving. That would be pure torture with a two year old. He said...yea...but plane tickets are expensive.

I looked into it...and they were about $300/ea....so you know what I did. Sent them $3k (which was a hassle because their bank doesn't allow large transfers like that in a day - so had to break it up over 3).

Anyway - he said he was still coming....but now...after you take a day away for driving here...and a day away for driving back...and a day away to relax. He will see me a few hours on 1 day. Kinda annoyed around it.

But then again...he hasn't been back in like 11/12 years. Hasn't seen his family or extended family in a long time either. So I'm happy for them anyway.

I am a little worried though. I mentioned before that they still live in the small 2 BR apt that they lived in since college. I think their apartment is smaller than my living room. So...I'm certain they are gonna judge the absolute shit outta us when they leave. :shock:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:26 am

Please provide a source for any of this information/propaganda. I have a healthy distrust of any single point of information so if you could, provide multiple sources please.

From everything i've read and can find, Russia has about twice the casualties as Ukraine as of right now and has lost territory and personnel at an alarming rate for a military of their supposed strength.

Also, the F16 is an absolutely spectacular aircraft and is a much better combat jet than anything Russia is actually using in Ukraine right now. I would have preferred if they had given the Ukrainian Gripen, as that thing can land and take off of a dirt runway 500m long, and can be serviced by one technician and 6 random people, but I can't argue...

And for the denazification of Ukraine, that's been proven a lie from the beginning.

Ukraine is a sovereign country from Russia, if they want to have a military, russia has no say in the issue as they have no treaties with Ukraine that would limit their military in exchange with protection. In fact, they have the opposite. Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons after the fall of the USSR in exchange for Russia respecting their territorial boundaries. This once again unfortunately proves that the nuclear deterrent is the end all be all and that every country should aim to have them.

This whole conflict stems from the Euromaidan revolution and the ousting of President Yanukovych. While I don't believe the US started the revolution, I do believe they aided in it once it was started. Russia then invaded Crimea, and supported/invaded the donbas region of Ukraine claiming they were protecting ethnic russians in the region. The only reason there were any ethnic russians in the eastern areas of Ukraine was because Stalin killed millions of Ukrainians living in that area and resettled soviet citizens into there (see Holodomor).

I wouldn't consider russia to be in good standing world wide either, the UN resolution was passed with an overwhelming vote of 143 in favour, 5 against and 35 abstaining, and I wouldn't consider Saudi Arabia to be a good bedfellow, considering they financed 9-11 (and 15/19 of the hijackers were saudi citizens) and do finance a vast majority of the worldwide terror attacks.

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2023 ... ntense-one

Here is one example from last month about Russia's economy. There were plenty examples as I was following this war. I wished I saved the links to send you. You can also look an RT news (yes they will provide info on Russian economy).

https://www.rt.com/business/576424-chin ... il-record/

Where are they going to fly the F-16's out of? Russians control the sky. They have done their best not to destroy critical infrastructure. It will be a big mistake. They will get destroyed like the ammunition depot the other day.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am

Where are they going to fly the F-16's out of? Russians control the sky. They have done their best not to destroy critical infrastructure. It will be a big mistake. They will get destroyed like the ammunition depot the other day.
They'll fly the F16's out of bases in south western Ukraine as Russian aircraft haven't flown any sorties into actual Ukrainian airspace in months as they keep getting shot down by air defense systems. they're dropping long distance glide bombs and missiles from essentially the border. It's how they bombed Belgorod on accident a month ago. the prevailing theory on that is the glide kit on the bomb didn't deploy, so it acted like a standard unguided bomb. They're essentially forced to now use Iranian suicide drones and cruise missiles to hit targets further in the country, which are also now getting shot down at a higher rate. At this point in the war, Russia either doesn't have enough munitions or personnel to provide a proper SEAD over any part of Ukraine besides the eastern 50ish KM.

The F16 on the other hand has an absolutely monstrous range for a fighter jet, even without the drop tanks. What was originally designed as an air superiority fighter has evolved over the last several block upgrades to be a true multi role fighter. It is the most used combat aircraft in the world for a reason (it is the primary air force jet for 25 countries as of right now)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

At first I didn't like how they made Thorfinn in season 2 of Vinland Saga because it wasn't what I was expecting but I really dig his character development now .

Edit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... are_button

What airport was this at?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

For years I've been trying to apply to jobs in the US for work. I see this will never happen. Unless a company sponsors me, it which in most cases they won't.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:27 am For years I've been trying to apply to jobs in the US for work. I see this will never happen. Unless a company sponsors me, it which in most cases they won't.
Gotta get one of those exceptional people visas

Bleach TYBW season 2 trailer

https://youtu.be/m_i2PinZ_X4

Lots of new stuff that wasn't in the manga, including Shinji bankai which was only in the CFYOW novel.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm At first I didn't like how they made Thorfinn in season 2 of Vinland Saga because it wasn't what I was expecting but I really dig his character development now .

Edit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... are_button

What airport was this at?
Per wiki, it was at Newark
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://youtu.be/StLpa5VvcXs

At this point in my life I can still chuckle at DBZ content is amazing.
Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:21 am
San Goku wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:27 am For years I've been trying to apply to jobs in the US for work. I see this will never happen. Unless a company sponsors me, it which in most cases they won't.
Gotta get one of those exceptional people visas

Bleach TYBW season 2 trailer

https://youtu.be/m_i2PinZ_X4

Lots of new stuff that wasn't in the manga, including Shinji bankai which was only in the CFYOW novel.
I NEED that exceptional people visa 😔

LOVE ME SOME BLEACH 😊❤️

Jujitsu Kaisen trailer out as well: https://youtu.be/O6qVieflwqs
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

When someone believes the lie so zealously, no amount of facts or figures can dissuade them from reevaluating.
Putin's most steadfast cheerleaders will never see past the superficial aesthetics of his strongman persona. It's a powerful affectation that some cannot resist the gravitational pull of. Ostensibly strong leaders are given subconscious license to be as despotic as they want in the minds of the laymen, who pursue an idealized font to deposit their need to Idolize.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I know y'all missed me and my walls of text, but yay life I guess.
The sanctions definitely aren't as harmful as they could be because Russia would have been crippled by now, but dude - rt.com is russian state media.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian ... ion-2023-5
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:59 pm
Here is a year's worth of interviews with people involved in keeping up with what's going on with Ukraine. Take this and then combine it with what you've been hearing so far and see where it gets you.

https://scotthorton.org/?s=ukraine&et_p ... _pages=yes

No rush...take your time.
Starting to think I just need to start a podcast or something.

Aside from Douglas Macgregor talking about how George Soros is bussing in illegal immigrants to destroy our culture and most of those guys all seemingly being in the same self-referential circle, we don't actually have to listen to anyone to know how it's going. There are two options - one where we keep assisting a country that's being invaded or one where we just allow the country to be invaded. We can argue an isolationism policy in accepting number two, and if you asked me however years ago I'd be all for it, but it's one that we've seen ends poorly on all fronts. Putin's only here doing this in Ukraine today because Obama failed to do anything in Crimea and a number of US politicians kiss his ass. If we sat on our laurels and did nothing again, he'd keep going.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:45 pm So...nobody going to prison for that Durham Report, eh?

It was all an accident guys, everyone just happened to do their job incorrectly by mistake.
I'm quoting you, but this isn't targeted at you - it's REALLY funny in a not-funny way to see the different reactions about the Durham report. The Durham report had basically nothing, because they looked hard for something to find and even Conservatives are saying that what the report found was overblown. Of the three charges filed, two cases were lost almost immediately and the third one took a plea deal that meant nothing. Meanwhile the Mueller report, which did lead to actual criminal convictions, is decried by those same people as a witch hunt full of lies.

They're both factual reports. One found nothing criminal and one found several criminal actions. That's all it is. Despite what these increasingly unhinged theories about how much power liberals have may say, there just isn't anything to it.
killacross wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:24 pm I don't think you really understand how horrible 45 was...by winning. He was a threat to our democracy

He deserved it all!! And even more
I know you're joking and all, but not getting into the things he did to sabotage voting he literally tried to usurp the government.
killacross wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:28 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:02 pm He'll win again imo.
You doubt how stupid people are.
No, it's why he might win again. It's almost like crippling our schools for decades was a bad idea.

Also I feel like you guys think I'm anti-private school. I'm not, I'm all for it. There just needs to be a base public option that isn't garbage.
killacross wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:28 pm ... Police are WILD to me.

Apparently you NEVER, EVER, EVER answer their questions. They have decided to arrest you... They are gonna just keep askong questions until they find something to arrest you for.
1000%. Even if you just want to be helpful to them... don't.
killacross wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:28 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techno ... words/amp/

It's an evil world we live in
Yeah that can fuck right off. Definitely good for the people who can use it to have much better lives though, but no thanks.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:02 pm Remember last year I mentioned something about helping businesses get money back from the government through a payroll tax refund program? We'll I've made a bit over 50k so far (actually in my bank account) since I started so that's going pretty well.
That's awesome - do you have a website or other promotional things? My circle is more independent contractors, but I can still at least put it out there.