one Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion

Post by superbob »

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7577/one- ... 12-2023-22

Hope you guys are ready for the emotions
killacross

Re: one Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion

Post by killacross »

Geezus,
..and for those of us who are parents...FFFFFFFFUUUUCK!! Thinking over my time with my kids - and what I would do for them....FFFFFFUUUUCK!!!

Oda is so fucking talented. Two background characters just got crazy character development.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

That ending though! :( This background story should level Bonney up to become a strong ally for the Strawhats.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

You will all disagree with me but I had a realization. This has come about as I've gotten older and grown but as much as I dig this back story I think Oda creates tragic back stories to the point of absurdity.

Kuma during all this did NOTHING to reach out to his allies to tell them everything that was going on and it makes no sense. Even when Bonny was being held captive why did he not let Dragon and everyone in on the details so that they'd be ready to strike when the time came.

And then Kuma leaves everything to chance afterwards. Bonny might not have even made it to Egghead to receive the memories. She could've been killed at ANY point during her travels and Kuma was just out here thinking,"Well, I hope it goes well."
killacross

Post by killacross »

Yup

Ill disagree. Oda has been very good at putting clues in the background that become relevant later. He's done it for years. Therefore, there is some Kuma twist coming... And you'll have to backtrack the words at some point. Bonney is in the dark because she was 10 years old but the rest know and respected his wishes

... And it won't be an ass pull like Kishi or Kubo would do...

The biggest ass pull Oda has done was changing the gomu gomu fruit.. To the legendary sun god fruit.

But yes.. His tragic back stories keep getting bigger and bigger. The first was my friend and mentor sacrificed his arm for me (though there was NEVER a reason for that to happen)... To. I was a slave, I was hunted to die, I escaped and became a pacifist, but an evil king attacked my village, and others kidnapped and raped my wife, who died. My adopted daughter had an incurable disease for peasants... So I sold my soul to the government in exchange for my body to be cloned and turned into a cyborg. I couldn't tell anyone anything. Etc etc
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:05 pm Yup

Ill disagree. Oda has been very good at putting clues in the background that become relevant later. He's done it for years. Therefore, there is some Kuma twist coming... And you'll have to backtrack the words at some point. Bonney is in the dark because she was 10 years old but the rest know and respected his wishes

... And it won't be an ass pull like Kishi or Kubo would do...

The biggest ass pull Oda has done was changing the gomu gomu fruit.. To the legendary sun god fruit.

But yes.. His tragic back stories keep getting bigger and bigger. The first was my friend and mentor sacrificed his arm for me (though there was NEVER a reason for that to happen)... To. I was a slave, I was hunted to die, I escaped and became a pacifist, but an evil king attacked my village, and others kidnapped and raped my wife, who died. My adopted daughter had an incurable disease for peasants... So I sold my soul to the government in exchange for my body to be cloned and turned into a cyborg. I couldn't tell anyone anything. Etc etc
I don't disagree about keeping Bonney in the dark, she's a little kid so that makes sense and I guess we'll see what Kuma had planned but as of right now it's basically, "Leave it to Nika (Luffy)."

I'm glad though that I'm not the only one that noticed that his backstories are getting bigger and bigger in terms of tradegy. Part of me like is like "Really? That's a bit much."
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I always love a good Oda back story he can certainly craft a good one, but by the end I'm always itching to just progress things. His best moments are the mini arcs between major arcs in my opinion. But the situation im the present is pretty hectic right now I wonder if Saturns gonna fight Luffy? If so who takes on Kizaru?