Discuss any new manga chapters in here
San Goku

One Piece Charter 1069

Post by San Goku »

superbob
Site Admin

Re: One Piece Charter 1069

Post by superbob »

It's really nice to see some advancement in an old character, but if this fight lasts longer than a chapter i'm going to call bullshit, the only one that should be able to compete with luffy is kizaru.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Straight to Gear 5?

Oda isn't helping my hatred of this form.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The thing about it though is Gear 5 is like 99% defense/1% offense. Gear 5 can take an extreme amount of punishment...then he goes to Gear 4 and switches to 99% offense/1% defense and wins this fight.

...I don't even think Kizaru or Akainu could hurt him in that form. Also...at light speed...Kizaru is gonna be there before the next chapter ends
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:49 am The thing about it though is Gear 5 is like 99% defense/1% offense. Gear 5 can take an extreme amount of punishment...then he goes to Gear 4 and switches to 99% offense/1% defense and wins this fight.

...I don't even think Kizaru or Akainu could hurt him in that form. Also...at light speed...Kizaru is gonna be there before the next chapter ends
Remember Kizaru can only move in a straight line IIRC. He needs to bounce of surfaces to turn so he might just be on a ship.

Once the island is in his line of sight then yeah, in a flash.v
killacross

Post by killacross »

Probably...

Though "realistically" it doesn't make sense

Turn to light and travel diagonally up... Turn human and course correct. Repeat until you are there
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:12 am Probably...

Though "realistically" it doesn't make sense

Turn to light and travel diagonally up... Turn human and course correct. Repeat until you are there
I agree with you he can technically turn in Human form and redirect himself in any direction.

What would his awaken form look like 🤔
killacross

Post by killacross »

A blank page as EVERYTHING emits light..
...Ace/Sabo's awakened form would just turn the area into the sun

Also -- Luffy still hasn't awakened his devil fruit. Everyone thought he would turn the world into a rubber bounce house...But in actuality, he become Road Runner and everyone else becomes Wile E Coyote :roll:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:34 pm A blank page as EVERYTHING emits light..
...Ace/Sabo's awakened form would just turn the area into the sun

Also -- Luffy still hasn't awakened his devil fruit. Everyone thought he would turn the world into a rubber bounce house...But in actuality, he become Road Runner and everyone else becomes Wile E Coyote :roll:
His God form is his awaken form lol. He's probably capable of doing that but hasn't thought about it. It's as far as his imagination can go. Remember he made a giant fist appear out the sky fighting Kaido.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I’m a little disappointed does this mean Lucci can conpete with Kaido?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:28 am I’m a little disappointed does this mean Lucci can conpete with Kaido?
They just had a clash which doesn't mean much. They told Lucci not to engage him but he didn't listen. It just means he isn't weak. Doesn't mean he can handle Luffy over a longer period of time.

CP0 is still among the elite of the government.

Also, Oda wrote himself into a corner because now he's stuck. If Luffy isn't fighting an Admiral then it's kinda BS.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The way that Oda wrote himself into a corner is that he hasn't leveled up the crew with Luffy. So true...any Marine crew that comes for them will have different power tiers so that the Nami's and Usopp and Choppers can stay busy with the fodder...but now Zoro, Jimbe, Sanji, Robin, Franky, Brook need a character introduced that just so happens to be a liiiiiitle above their level (so they can grow after the fight)..and Luffy takes on the established (for decades) Marine threat...and they would deal with the number difference by having Luffy's pirate fleet join the fray

The same has to be true for any pirate crew he has to conquer now too...

...He even gave a little glimpse when he revealed Nami has conqueror's haki
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Ah, yes...the Nami has conqueror's haki debate, only time will tell if it was just a gag by Oda or not. The others need to catch up in terms of haki . If they are going to be the pirate king's crew then they all need to be able to use haki. Franky frustrates me the most with that actually, but that might be because while I like him, I hate his fights. They bore me.

I still want Garp to be the person who ultimately beats Akainu...or maybe Kuzan in the rematch. But I feel that Garp has to get his getback for what happened to Ace.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I expect Zoro to go up against any Admiral by himself now and he should be capable of winning. Either that or a Zoro/Sanji tag team all out to take out an Admiral.

Hopefully this arc will be Franky's level up with Dr. Vegapunk.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Dr vegapunk is temp joining the straw hats (a la Vivi)

They will take him to connect with Dragon... They'll drop off Bonny as well
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

We got Kizaru joining the mix, so we might get to see Luffy fight an admiral for real. I’m hoping it’ll be Zoro and Brooke back at the Sunny though
killacross

Post by killacross »

Kizaru is too strong for Luffy. I could see him beating Greenbull or Purpletiger. Their Logias don't seem to make them overpowered - especially Fujitora - I don't even think his gravity fruit is a logia type (though I think he is reserved for Zoro...final fight before Mihawk).
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:51 am Kizaru is too strong for Luffy. I could see him beating Greenbull or Purpletiger. Their Logias don't seem to make them overpowered - especially Fujitora - I don't even think his gravity fruit is a logia type (though I think he is reserved for Zoro...final fight before Mihawk).
Fujitora is a parmecia type.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Gotcha.

It was probably stated and I missed it or forgot.

Man... Rereading OP when it eventually wraps is gonna be such a daunting task.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:40 am Gotcha.

It was probably stated and I missed it or forgot.

Man... Rereading OP when it eventually wraps is gonna be such a daunting task.
Maybe when you retire? Lol. If you read a chapter a day it wouldn't be that bad.