There we go

Cane_The9lives

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 am
Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:15 pm Thank you for coming to my TED Rant.
Given his popularity and the timing, I think it's fair to question his motives. It could still just be his opinion, which is fine, but as an official 'endorsement' just before the election he's obviously aiming to shift votes. I could watch his endorsement instead of spouting off hypotheticals like the uninformed hypocrite I am, but from what was said above it doesn't sound like he made the pitch on any particular substantive policy.

If this was the middle of 2017/2019 and/or people were angry he was just making comments in general on social media then count me all aboard the "get over it" bandwagon.
Oh trust me, I hold no illusions that a part of this was intended to sway votes. No matter the timing, anyone with celebrity or a high profile status releasing a video endorsement for a Politician is attempting to preach the gospel of conversion, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, he could still genuinely believe what he says and devoid of a mind probe, who am I to say he doesn't?
It's the first time he's ever publicly endorsed any candidate so obviously up until now he preferred to eschew that type of political theater.
Was he ruminating over it for a long time and finally decided to just bite the bullet? I don't know, I don't care.

It doesn't bother me.

It would not have bothered me if he had spent all seven and half of those minutes pumping rainbows up Trumps ass in a display so obsequious it would make Sean Hannity blush.

And that certainly would not have bothered the very people this endorsement currently triggers.
Because at the end of the day ask yourself this question: Do these partisan hacks(left and right respectively) truly want(as they so fervently profess) their favorite beloved actors, comedians, athletes etc.. to stay out of politics? Or is it that they simply don't want whatever monolithic vision they've constructed around them to come crumbling down by the endorsement of a politician and/or social cause they abhor?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So who's winning the debate tonight? Any pre-debate predictions?
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

I don't know about the winner, but I know who the loser will be: The English language.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 amAnd that certainly would not have bothered the very people this endorsement currently triggers.
Because at the end of the day ask yourself this question: Do these partisan hacks(left and right respectively) truly want(as they so fervently profess) their favorite beloved actors, comedians, athletes etc.. to stay out of politics? Or is it that they simply don't want whatever monolithic vision they've constructed around them to come crumbling down by the endorsement of a politician and/or social cause they abhor?
Oh, 100% the latter.
San Goku wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 am So who's winning the debate tonight? Any pre-debate predictions?
Define "winning."

Predictions: Trump will make a lot of shit up and deny everything bad. This will likely include blaming Democrats at the same time. Fact check will essentially be DOS'ed by his inanity. Joe Biden will smile a lot. Try to defend a lot. He'll eventually stumble over something, which Trump and his supporters will immediately leap on and claim goes to his mental acuity - completely ignoring 90% of Trump's behavior.

Shortly after the English language loses, everyone not on stage falls into the losing category.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

"Independent fact checkers" are always funny to me because they tend to only go in one direction. Politifact is facebook's fact checker for example. Politifact is a blatantly partisan organization though they will say they aren't.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:52 pm "Independent fact checkers" are always funny to me because they tend to only go in one direction. Politifact is facebook's fact checker for example. Politifact is a blatantly partisan organization though they will say they aren't.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politifact/

You'll always find things to cherry pick to show bias, but as long as R's are going to maintain an anti-intellectual stance they're going to be wrong more than people who don't take that stance. Just look at COVID - since nearly everything the president says about it is wrong, he's going to be wrong more than someone like Biden who listens to what he's told. Given that Trump doesn't listen to anyone and constantly makes comments that are easily proven wrong, when the entire party decides they're going to make "do what he says" the platform they're going to be just as wrong.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watching the debate now at work cause I had my Ultimate frisbee game last night but driving home I heard it was a complete shit show, a lot of mud being thrown along with brass knuckle punches lol.

5 min in seemed very respectful with the first question about the Supreme Court pick.

Edit

45 min in and it's pretty testy but not as bad as the reactions I heard on the media. I feel both are doing a good job at making their cases. Trump would have done better with the same attacks and less interruption but both were interrupting.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:05 pm Watching the debate now at work cause I had my Ultimate frisbee game last night but driving home I heard it was a complete shit show, a lot of mud being thrown along with brass knuckle punches lol.

5 min in seemed very respectful with the first question about the Supreme Court pick.

Edit

45 min in and it's pretty testy but not as bad as the reactions I heard on the media. I feel both are doing a good job at making their cases. Trump would have done better with the same attacks and less interruption but both were interrupting.
False equivalence is part of what got us into this mess in the first place. According to CBS, Biden was given 40 minutes of uninterrupted time, and Trump cut into it 73 times. "They both interrupted" dramatically ignores the severity.

Whole thing was a joke. We were already an embarrassment to the world, now we're just a bigger one.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Due to the time difference, I didn't see the debate but I'm sure the podcasts I listen to will give me a rundown.

I did however come across this little Joe Biden gem...

"It's an idea, not an organization" In reference to Antifa.

Really, Joe? Really? I mean I do have eyes and ears and literally see cities burning due to the Antifa/BLM mixture of riots and that's the recent ones.

If I were Trump I'd just cut an ad of riots with those words.

I mean it is true that the left never has to defend themselves from what the extremist on their side of the aisle due. But god forbid 10 white nationalists have a march.

FYI...Grammarly capitalized Antifa saying that the lowercase version isn't correct. Even they know it's an actual organization.

Peeps. Make your wealth so you can GTFO if need be.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 pm Due to the time difference, I didn't see the debate but I'm sure the podcasts I listen to will give me a rundown.

I did however come across this little Joe Biden gem...

"It's an idea, not an organization" In reference to Antifa.

Really, Joe? Really? I mean I do have eyes and ears and literally see cities burning due to the Antifa/BLM mixture of riots and that's the recent ones.

If I were Trump I'd just cut an ad of riots with those words.

I mean it is true that the left never has to defend themselves from what the extremist on their side of the aisle due. But god forbid 10 white nationalists have a march.

FYI...Grammarly capitalized Antifa saying that the lowercase version isn't correct. Even they know it's an actual organization.

Peeps. Make your wealth so you can GTFO if need be.
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... 4b65f2362e

He's literally quoting the Director of the FBI.

Edit: Adding this from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ing-antifa

Edit #2: Apparently that's paywalled, sorry. Here's a similar article from BI.

https://www.businessinsider.com/right-w ... 020-7?op=1
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 pm Due to the time difference, I didn't see the debate but I'm sure the podcasts I listen to will give me a rundown.
I would advise watching it with a barrel of warm sake, it was an absolute shit show.

I purposefully skipped my podcasts today because I didn't want to hear the inevitable spin which would only compound my contempt for what was without question the dumbest 90 minutes in the history of American debate.

This was biological devolution seen Live, in real time.

At one point I honestly thought Chris Wallace was going to start cursing.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:25 pm
I would advise watching it with a barrel of warm sake, it was an absolute shit show.

I purposefully skipped my podcasts today because I didn't want to hear the inevitable spin which would only compound my contempt for what was without question the dumbest 90 minutes in the history of American debate.

This was biological devolution seen Live, in real time.

At one point I honestly thought Chris Wallace was going to start cursing.
Chris Wallace lost total control of the debate after a while but anyone in his shoes would have gotten the same outcome, he handled it well.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

He was the only one in that room I felt sorry for with the exception of the spouses, having to watch their husbands turn into coked up hyena's.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 pm He was the only one in that room I felt sorry for with the exception of the spouses, having to watch their husbands turn into coked up hyena's.
I mean, we all know Melania's used to it...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Now that I got to absorb more of the debate I can honestly say and feel that no one should be surprised it got that way. Trump and Biden's vision and views of how to run the country couldn't be more further apart. Although Trump was interrupting a lot more he still had a lot to say. In a boxing match when two fighters are duking it out and the match is close, it usually goes to the Champion, unless the Challenger convincingly throws and lands more punches. President Trump won imo.
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

I'm so out of touch with this political mess... I don't know who to believe... What Biden says about Antifa... (truly I never heard of this organization until recently). But I do know there's a lot of white supremacy groups and you can honestly tell me they are non-violent? I do know that if Trump becomes president another term.. it'll be worse than Biden. Because he will appoint another Supreme Court Justice... and then all branches will be republican...
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Both the President and first lady test positive for covid 19
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Horriblesubs threw in the towel.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 am Both the President and first lady test positive for covid 19
Just heard on my way to work. The wife is going to call me and nag me about wearing a mask more (I do wear one when needed).
eddieson wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 am Horriblesubs threw in the towel.
Damn, loved Horrible subs. They got me through my college years.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 am Both the President and first lady test positive for covid 19
My friend's response: "or say they did."
Ice(v)an wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:25 am I'm so out of touch with this political mess... I don't know who to believe... What Biden says about Antifa... (truly I never heard of this organization until recently). But I do know there's a lot of white supremacy groups and you can honestly tell me they are non-violent? I do know that if Trump becomes president another term.. it'll be worse than Biden. Because he will appoint another Supreme Court Justice... and then all branches will be republican...
They aren't non-violent, white supremacy groups were rated the biggest terrorist threat to america by DHS.
San Goku wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 am
Just heard on my way to work. The wife is going to call me and nag me about wearing a mask more (I do wear one when needed).
Remember, the mask is more to protect everyone around you from you, not the other way around. You can get coronavirus and not know... But Canada also did a far better job stopping it initially so you do have much less risk in general. Keep wearing the mask around anyone else outside your home to keep it that way dang it :-P