DC universe...

Digital Masta

Re: DC universe...

Post by Digital Masta »

Warner Bros is DESPERATE to not release this in their streaming service...or at least dual release.

https://youtu.be/XW2E2Fnh52w

There isn't even a release date. It was supposed to be June.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:42 pm Warner Bros is DESPERATE to not release this in their streaming service...or at least dual release.

https://youtu.be/XW2E2Fnh52w

There isn't even a release date. It was supposed to be June.
Cause unlike DIsney with their Disney+ service, HBO Max has not had a lot of new subscribers since it released. That takes away their option of taking the same route Disney took with Mulan.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWqgT5MCjw

Already looks better than the Joss Whedon trash.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Batman trailer looks dope!

https://youtu.be/8fxbzD_CSD8
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:03 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWqgT5MCjw

Already looks better than the Joss Whedon trash.
I'm sold!
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

They both look pretty awful. I can see why JL got chopped up, there's just WAY too much shit going on for one movie.

WW is... whatever.

And yeah, AT&T (owns HBO Max) is bleeding money on their TV platforms.

https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... mers-flee/

Since they're trying to push people onto it I'm actually more surprised WW isn't releasing on it.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:39 pm They both look pretty awful. I can see why JL got chopped up, there's just WAY too much shit going on for one movie.
You are indeed the Debbie Downer of this forum.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:50 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:39 pm They both look pretty awful. I can see why JL got chopped up, there's just WAY too much shit going on for one movie.
Complete agreement.

Just feel like DC rushed it out of the gate. Marvel showed them a winning formula, set up the characters, then do the big movie. Wait until you establish your universe to try to change it up to surpass Marvel.

I don't totally blame Snyder for this one, I imagine he wanted to do it as right as possible and then was told he had one movie to do it. When the movie turned out 4 hours long the execs blew their lids. In comes Whedon who's given an impossible directive to make it shorter with minimal reshooting, and we're left with the hodgepodge mess that was the original JL.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:39 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:50 pm
Complete agreement.

Just feel like DC rushed it out of the gate. Marvel showed them a winning formula, set up the characters, then do the big movie. Wait until you establish your universe to try to change it up to surpass Marvel.

I don't totally blame Snyder for this one, I imagine he wanted to do it as right as possible and then was told he had one movie to do it. When the movie turned out 4 hours long the execs blew their lids. In comes Whedon who's given an impossible directive to make it shorter with minimal reshooting, and we're left with the hodgepodge mess that was the original JL.
AT&T can have WB release WW on HBO Max for a premium price like what Disney is doing with Mulan, but they just don't have enough subscribers to make it worth while.

Justice League was always meant to be a 2 part movie, but was sabotaged by execs. Whedon was brought on because he became available and Geoff Johns wanted him to come and do like he did for Avengers. So he convinced the rest of the execs to fire Snyder and have him claim that it was because of his daughter's suicide and hire Whedon to pretty much redo a movie the execs liked.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

He didn't totally redo it, right? I thought it was just a decent amount of scenes based on Cavill mustache CGI vs Cavill face.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Superman: man of tomorrow: https://youtu.be/fwRKNXa_52o
Rai Ryuzaki

Post by Rai Ryuzaki »

Apparently the new Shazam movie is called Shazam: Fury of the Gods
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:14 pm He didn't totally redo it, right? I thought it was just a decent amount of scenes based on Cavill mustache CGI vs Cavill face.
They say that over half the movie was reshot for the theatrical version by Whedon. Ezra Miller's awkward running was shot by Snyder and was the best they could do with digital replacement though. And the whole cleavage scene where Miller falls on Gadot's stunt double boobs because Gadot refused to do the scene was Whedon's as well.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Rai Ryuzaki wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:20 am Apparently the new Shazam movie is called Shazam: Fury of the Gods
Trailer out yet? My bro told me The Rock is starring in the new Black Atom movie.
killacross

Post by killacross »

so new Superman movie is after the DCAU reboot?

didn't look dark and gritty enough
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm so new Superman movie is after the DCAU reboot?

didn't look dark and gritty enough
They've basically just rebranded the entire thing it looks like. The DCAU is gone, that chapter of DC is closed and this new brighter style is now here.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I said DCAU but apparently meant DCAUOM.

Anyway. The point was that it's after the cluster fuck and reboot that was the last movie.

It didn't look dark and gritty... Which it feels like has been the go to for the last decade
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Rai Ryuzaki wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:20 am Apparently the new Shazam movie is called Shazam: Fury of the Gods
Trailer out yet? My bro told me The Rock is starring in the new Black Atom movie.
They haven't even started filming or casting. And Rock signed up for that movie way back in 2014 when DC asked him what character he'd like to play.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

eddieson wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:44 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:14 pm He didn't totally redo it, right? I thought it was just a decent amount of scenes based on Cavill mustache CGI vs Cavill face.
They say that over half the movie was reshot for the theatrical version by Whedon. Ezra Miller's awkward running was shot by Snyder and was the best they could do with digital replacement though. And the whole cleavage scene where Miller falls on Gadot's stunt double boobs because Gadot refused to do the scene was Whedon's as well.
I looked to see which parts specifically were changed, and it was more than I imagined even after reading your posts. I'll give the Snyder stuff a chance.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:43 am
eddieson wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:44 am
I looked to see which parts specifically were changed, and it was more than I imagined even after reading your posts. I'll give the Snyder stuff a chance.
It can't be worse than the Whedon version. BvS was shit as well though, so I don't know if I should trust Snyder even though I liked Super MoS for the most part.