Marvel Universe Thread

San Goku

Marvel Universe Thread

Post by San Goku »

Surprised there wasn't a thread. Maybe just make the DC one a Marvel/DC? Meh.

Anyways the Morbius trailer looks good: https://youtu.be/L125-DOSMIY

I assume Blade will make an appearance to set up for his film.
eddieson

Re: Marvel Universe Thread

Post by eddieson »

I doubt he's gonna be in the movie even as a cameo. Was surprised about the Keaton cameo though.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

So Sam Raimi might be directing Dr Strange 2

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Finally watching Far From Home...not impressed but damn at 55 years old Marisa Tomei is still fine as fuck.

EDIT: Finished it...I still hate this Spider-man.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:36 am Finally watching Far From Home...not impressed but damn at 55 years old Marisa Tomei is still fine as fuck.

EDIT: Finished it...I still hate this Spider-man.
What ruined it for me is I thought Mysterio would be some alternate universe version with real powers.

First one was way better. I actually fell asleep watching this movie. I think that's a first for a Marvel movie.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

A year later and the Endgame final battle sequence is still hype as fuck and amazing. As is Cap picking up Thor's hammer.
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

So evidently in the comics they are hinting that Wolverine is gay...with Scott..of all people. People would understand with Nightcrawler, but Scott?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Holy Cowboy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:14 am So evidently in the comics they are hinting that Wolverine is gay...with Scott..of all people. People would understand with Nightcrawler, but Scott?
Comics in general suck complete ass these days and Jonathan Hickman's current "segregationist,racist supremacist" X-men is among the worst of the bunch.

It's kinda hinting at some weird 3-people relationship with Jean in the middle. It sucks.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:11 pm
Holy Cowboy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:14 am So evidently in the comics they are hinting that Wolverine is gay...with Scott..of all people. People would understand with Nightcrawler, but Scott?
Comics in general suck complete ass these days and Jonathan Hickman's current "segregationist,racist supremacist" X-men is among the worst of the bunch.

It's kinda hinting at some weird 3-people relationship with Jean in the middle. It sucks.
What the fuck is wrong with people? Wolverine x Cyclops yuk.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Doesn't make any business sense whatsoever, unless they're just teasing it. X-Men can get away with being closer to the line, but Wolverine specifically makes them too much money. Super quick google only shows one thing that can be interpreted multiple ways (just imagine responding to the 'Scott' line with sarcasm, thinking the speaker is an asshole, and rolling your eyes - totally changes the meaning). I think it's much more likely they would just have Jean being in a relationship with both of them individually, given the context. Maybe the writer never got over that she went with Scott instead of Logan, who knows.

Maybe I'm totally wrong and they're going to run with it until everything burns down, then it turns out the X-Men were all in comas and it was skrulls the whole time and they just reboot 90s X-Men. Surely any executive can see the massive backlash Rowling has gotten for rewriting her characters and think "Maybe if I'm going to do that, I don't start with my most valuable franchises." Especially when they can make X-Men/Wolverine movies now. It's all risk and no reward.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Anyone watching A.o.S? Glad Yoyo is back to her normal self. Enook (sp?) freaking kills me. His robot expressions are priceless.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 am Anyone watching A.o.S? Glad Yoyo is back to her normal self. Enook (sp?) freaking kills me. His robot expressions are priceless.
That's still on?
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am
San Goku wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 am Anyone watching A.o.S? Glad Yoyo is back to her normal self. Enook (sp?) freaking kills me. His robot expressions are priceless.
That's still on?
It's on it's final season.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am
That's still on?
Yesssirr, this season you can really tell that it's time to put this series to an end. I'm still enjoying it, one of the best Marvel TV shows ever imo.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched the series finale of Agents of Shield, the finale was brilliant! I'm going to really miss this show. Great way to end it.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:29 am Wonder Woman: https://youtu.be/Q-g_YNZ90tI
killacross

Post by killacross »

#1. MARVEL thread
#2. Can someone explain the spidermanning lightning bolts thing to me
#3. Wakanda forever!!