There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

That's good DM, enjoy the time! See where it goes.

Sooo do you guys think mail in ballots during this political climate is wise?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:17 pm
As awful as Harris is for what she did, the president has explicitly done worse
Come on man, this is pure nonsense and you know it. This is your inner left voice saying something crazy.

Trump has more or less continued the status quo policy of America. The big empire, which I hate but it's more of the same.

This woman literally fucked with the lives of individual people in California for the sake of her record and political career. Her decisions had direct influence on the lives of certain Americans...definitely in the case of inmates and especially the guy that was on deathrow.

And she has strong authoritarian tendencies. Let's not forget she wanted to put parents in jail if their kids cut school.
Yeah, she did fuck with people's lives. Badly. Trump is still even more authoritarian than she is.

He attempted to track people who protested against him.
He's using the presidency to generate business at his properties.
He has successfully demonized media he doesn't like in an attempted to discredit them and repeatedly propagated blatant falsehoods.
He put his children, friends, and top donors into positions of power that they are fully unqualified to be in, and often with conflict of interest.
He punishes and fires anyone who does anything he doesn't like and replaces them with yes men.
He threatens people who testify against him, and rewards his friends' silence with pardons or commutations.
He removed the people who are supposed to investigate corruption when they started investigating things his people have done.
He claimed 'absolute immunity' to subpoenas.
He undermined his political opponents by withholding resources that would save people's lives.
He withheld medical devices from states, telling them they should purchase their own - then competed against their bids and seized their assets.
He gassed protestors and sent unmarked federal agents to cities.
He'll have issued more executive orders in a single term than Obama and Clinton shortly (he's passed Obama, a couple behind Clinton).
He's already poisoning the election by discrediting mail-in voting (despite getting his own mail-in ballot), then refusing to fund the post office and removing neighborhood mailboxes.

That's a quick summary based on what I can remember and could find support for in about 15 minutes, and it doesn't include the repercussions of politicizing the DoJ, the sheer number of people that have gotten killed with COVID from his stubbornness, or his cozying with other authoritarians while pushing away our allies. I'm also not counting other erosion of rights that he supports but someone else is actively pushing (e.g. encryption backdoors) or the consequences of his predilection for appointing judges who allow more power to the executive.
San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:56 pm That's good DM, enjoy the time! See where it goes.

Sooo do you guys think mail in ballots during this political climate is wise?
They would be if the postal service wasn't getting actively sabotaged.
Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:45 pm Guys I am stupidly attracted to this woman and the more we talk the more attracted I get. HALP!
Sounds like you're doing just fine without us. Good luck, enjoy it.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

A uuge chunk of colorado is burning, making air quality absolutely terrible, and we haven't had rain in about a month. How's the weather where everyone else is?
killacross

Post by killacross »

North Carolina and in the middle of hurricane season...so it [essentially] hasn't stopped raining for a month. Hot and HUMID. I sweat buckets just walking 100' to the mailbox. Also, I need to cut my grass <_<.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

August is Satan's ass crack here. Humid and hot as fuck.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

What most people would define as "generally pleasant" here (sunny, 80s+, etc). Too hot for me though.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:52 am August is Satan's ass crack here. Humid and hot as fuck.
I believe that cause the last time I was in Jp I remember it being really hot in mid-May.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

It was in the 70s today without much humidity.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Finished season 2 of Umbrella Academy, thought it was just as good as season 1. I want season 3 to hurry up already to see what the present timeline looks like now.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Probably late to the party, but just finished season 1 of Upload. Started as such a fun and lighthearted show that really made me laugh. The ending just took a really weird and dark turn.

In other [sad] news, Ms Thickums got a better job offer and will put in her 2-week notice this Friday. I'm fucking crushed!!
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:59 am Probably late to the party, but just finished season 1 of Upload. Started as such a fun and lighthearted show that really made me laugh. The ending just took a really weird and dark turn.

In other [sad] news, Ms Thickums got a better job offer and will put in her 2-week notice this Friday. I'm fucking crushed!!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Maaaaaaan... Fuck you for life!!

I really am sad about it... But it frees me up to misbehave. I used to think.. "Don't get fired because you need to help her with her stuff". Sooooo, I won't have that constraint going forward, don't really care about the others, and don't really care about the company or work. Plus I get vested in October. Sooo...not walking away from that $30k

Probably gonna look for a new role internally or a new company or just take year or two in retirement with the wife and daughter
Last edited by killacross on Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I think you should tell her you secretly wanted to blow her back out for years as her colleague and see what she says.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Go with the latter option cause you won't get the opportunity to spend time with the kid while she's young and impressionable for long.
killacross

Post by killacross »

eddieson wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:01 pm Go with the latter option cause you won't get the opportunity to spend time with the kid while she's young and impressionable for long.
We've flirted before. We've talked about the desire that is there...but so are the wedding bands. She knows. But nothing is gonna happen.

It's a weird position to be so attracted to a friend. Never happened to me before. Honestly, it'll never happen again because I've learned my lesson. I still want her in my life...but I doubt that is in the cards. We are both kinda joking around the issue...but we both know -- when she starts at the next place...we will gradually fall outta touch. We are both pretty sad about it.
eddieson wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:01 pm Go with the latter option cause you won't get the opportunity to spend time with the kid while she's young and impressionable for long.
She's 39...I'm 35. I would do anything and everything to her if she would let me....and if I could.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@killa, ignoring me, that means you are thinking about it.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 pm
She's 39...I'm 35. I would do anything and everything to her if she would let me....and if I could.
Think Eddie's saying pick retirement to spend time with your kid while she's young, as opposed to Thickums.

I'm wrapping up an extended 'vacation' (moved across the country, quit my job, didn't actively get a new one). I was very burned out, but after a few months I'm starting to get restless. I don't have any kids though, so that may change things. Definitely recommend at least some time off.
San Goku wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:58 pm @killa, ignoring me, that means you are thinking about it.
Nah, he meant to quote you when he quoted Eddie twice. At least, that's how I read it.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Correct...

The formatting of the site doesn't make it easy to multiquote

Also means... We've already talked about it before. It was end of last year/top of this year when we told each other

... It's just further proof that I'm not a good person. Talking about Ms thickums and forgot about my wife and kid
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Uhhh, so Laura Loomer just won the GOP primary for her district. She doesn't have a great shot at winning mind you, but if you think an unapologetic islamaphobe has NO CHANCE at winning a congressional seat in this day in age then I would like to remind you of the anti-Semites currently taking up residence on the left.

This perfectly epitomizes in microcosm the paradigm shift American politics has undergone in the last four to five years.
The kooks are taking over and and quite frankly, we as a nation deserve it. I obtained duel citizenship in the early years of the Obama administration, but I had been living here since the latter half of W's first term. If you had told me back then(while I was still naïve and attempting to familiarize myself with the nuances of American politics) that this country would devolve into such a divisive shell of its former self that open bigots in all levels of government would (in just over a decade) start to galvanize real tangible support and cease to be loons, but viable candidates(the apotheosis being the moron currently sitting in the oval office), I would have told you to ask your doctor if paxil was right for you.

This shit is insane, and it has no bottom.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:40 pm Uhhh, so Laura Loomer just won the GOP primary for her district. She doesn't have a great shot at winning mind you, but if you think an unapologetic islamaphobe has NO CHANCE at winning a congressional seat in this day in age then I would like to remind you of the anti-Semites currently taking up residence on the left.

This perfectly epitomizes in microcosm the paradigm shift American politics has undergone in the last four to five years.
The kooks are taking over and and quite frankly, we as a nation deserve it. I obtained duel citizenship in the early years of the Obama administration, but I had been living here since the latter half of W's first term. If you had told me back then(while I was still naïve and attempting to familiarize myself with the nuances of American politics) that this country would devolve into such a divisive shell of its former self that open bigots in all levels of government would (in just over a decade) start to galvanize real tangible support and cease to be loons, but viable candidates(the apotheosis being the moron currently sitting in the oval office), I would have told you to ask your doctor if paxil was right for you.

This shit is insane, and it has no bottom.
Cardi B interview Biden: https://youtu.be/o71LtfUtSAo

I bet you won't last 5 minutes without cringing or wanting to commit suicide.

Ben Shapiro reaction: https://youtu.be/Hy4lNOnPYPM

LOL! I actually like Cardi B's WAP video/song, I laughed out loud.