There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

i was gonna buy a new laptop just because. I dont really game or do anything on PC that would make it matter...I just want a battery that lasts longer than 3 minutes
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:10 am
superbob wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:12 pm bingo, usually less money though, how much are they advertising this for?
The Xbox series x has the latest AMD hardware but ya I guess you could just build your own pc. Not me though, I wouldn't know where to start.
The Xbox Series X has four times the processing power of the Xbox One X, and uses a custom AMD processor with the "latest Zen 2 and next-generation RDNA architecture." The system does 4K and 60FPS, of course, but is capable of doing 8K and 120FPS. Microsoft says that devs will also be able to take advantage of the Series X's GPU with Variable Rate Shading (VRS).

Piling on more acronyms, Microsoft is also giving the Xbox Series X Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto-Low Latency Mode (ALLM), both currently in the Xbox One.

From a physical perspective, the system can be orientated horizontally or vertically – neither of which appear to interfere with the system's cooling vent at the top.

As for the controller, it's been reshaped slightly in size and shape to be more accommodating to more people, and a dedicated share button has been added right in the middle. The d-pad is a new one similar to the one on the Elite Series 2 controller.

Running with the theme of Series X's software backwards compatibility functionality, the controller works with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The new controller comes packed in with the console.
Well I guess that is something if it can really go do 8k @ 120 consistently. Even though 8k TVs aren't really out yet.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

killacross wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am i was gonna buy a new laptop just because. I dont really game or do anything on PC that would make it matter...I just want a battery that lasts longer than 3 minutes
Batteries are finicky little things. You can fast charge them but it's not recommended because it affects the battery life. You can't have them fully charged all the time, you can't have them fully discharged all the time, they're supposed to be occasionally drained, but you shouldn't go past 15% among other things cause it all affects the battery life. -_-
killacross

Post by killacross »

eddieson wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 am
killacross wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am i was gonna buy a new laptop just because. I dont really game or do anything on PC that would make it matter...I just want a battery that lasts longer than 3 minutes
Batteries are finicky little things. You can fast charge them but it's not recommended because it affects the battery life. You can't have them fully charged all the time, you can't have them fully discharged all the time, they're supposed to be occasionally drained, but you shouldn't go past 15% among other things cause it all affects the battery life. -_-
We studied it in school. The cool thing...the professor also discussed that eventually there was gonna be cellphones that would explode because of trying to get more juice out of small packages (he was talking about electric cars at the time but said the same is true for other things that use high capacity batteries... 5-6 yrs later...there was the whole Samsung S7 thing).

I gotta make a list of functionality I want before I buy a newer one. It used to be...get higher performance specs. But now, I use my laptop as my entertainment center
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

These days you don't really need a top of the line laptop or desktop to play games and especially if it's to be used as a entertainment center.

And yeah I remember that note s7 incident. I think I read that was because of them not doing a quality control testing when making the batteries.
Rai Ryuzaki

Post by Rai Ryuzaki »

I've always wanted to build my own PC. And I want that shit top of the line! I-9 processor, 32 GB of RAM, top of the line graphics cards. I want to future proof it.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

What you're talking about will cost thousands of dollars. And even if you had the money I'd suggest to wait a bit since it's only a matter of time for them to upgrade things like graphocs cards that have hdmi 2.1, or motherboards that have 802.11ax and/ 10Gb lan. Not to mention usb 4 which was finalized this summer. And then there is pci express which most motherboards have been on version 3 for most of the decade, but a version 6 is being worked on to be coming out in 2021.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

eddieson wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 am What you're talking about will cost thousands of dollars. And even if you had the money I'd suggest to wait a bit since it's only a matter of time for them to upgrade things like graphocs cards that have hdmi 2.1, or motherboards that have 802.11ax and/ 10Gb lan. Not to mention usb 4 which was finalized this summer. And then there is pci express which most motherboards have been on version 3 for most of the decade, but a version 6 is being worked on to be coming out in 2021.
It's also a trap though, because that new tech is always around the corner.

I generally buy parts 2-3 years behind the trend. I'm not playing new AAA titles on maximum settings, but my desktop has played everything I've wanted to play since I built it 5+ years ago and cost me around $600 if I'm recalling correctly... though apparently I've been practically melting it lately because the cooling system died and I didn't notice.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:48 pm
eddieson wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 am What you're talking about will cost thousands of dollars. And even if you had the money I'd suggest to wait a bit since it's only a matter of time for them to upgrade things like graphocs cards that have hdmi 2.1, or motherboards that have 802.11ax and/ 10Gb lan. Not to mention usb 4 which was finalized this summer. And then there is pci express which most motherboards have been on version 3 for most of the decade, but a version 6 is being worked on to be coming out in 2021.
It's also a trap though, because that new tech is always around the corner.

I generally buy parts 2-3 years behind the trend. I'm not playing new AAA titles on maximum settings, but my desktop has played everything I've wanted to play since I built it 5+ years ago and cost me around $600 if I'm recalling correctly... though apparently I've been practically melting it lately because the cooling system died and I didn't notice.
True, but the reason I say wait is because in the next year or 2 all of that stuff is gonna come out and should drive down the prices of today's top of the line components.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Originally...I had a desktop back when AOE2 came out. A few years later I got Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I could play one...but not the other. I upgraded my PC to play MOH. I got a third game that same year (dont remember which) and it wouldnt play...I had JUST upgraded like a month before. THAT experience made me a console gamer for life.

The games that I have played on my PCs --> which is why I eventually went to laptops (because I gave up on upgrading) have been a handful of free MMORPGs...I played Lineage 2 and Warcraft for a few months...and then games like Gunbound, Minecraft. So, obviously not really a PC gamer at all.

Really, I connect my laptop to my home theatre receiver and from there to my Sony TV and Optima projector. I use my computer for 99% of everything entertainment (because I havent turned on my X360 since GTA5 most likely). It's why we dont have cable TV...just internet. The big change this year was that I bought a wireless 5.1 system. My old set up was 1. wired and 2, my laptop, xbox, HD-DVD player (ugh) were all connected through it. "New" house and I honestly dont want to do the work to fish the wires through the walls.

The new set up is wireless, but doesnt have as many inputs. And apparently my laptop does not have the right hardware to put out 5.1 with the new wireless receiver. So that is the first thing I want. The second is that it is almost 10 yrs old...so it's starting to do just all around dumb shit (failure to start up correctly, battery can go from fully charged to power off in <3 minutes, and the fan is squealing at times).

So I do plan to upgrade...but dont really NEED to. Just havent had the driving force to put it into action.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

You could get one of those thin flat wire setups in the meantime if you want to output at 5.1 surround sound. They're supposed to be able to be ran across the wall and be hidden there if I recall correctly. Also you kept your HD-DVD player?

I'm looking into getting one of those 9.2 Yamaha receivers for my next setup. Along with a LG short throw laser projector.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Mangastream is down for the count. Not just mangastream, Jaiminis box is done too. Apparently Shueisha is really cracking down. They have a recent agreement with Viz to drop all chapters on Sundays. I should clarify this is about weekly shone jumps.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:18 am Mangastream is down for the count. Not just mangastream, Jaiminis box is done too. Apparently Shueisha is really cracking down. They have a recent agreement with Viz to drop all chapters on Sundays. I should clarify this is about weekly shone jumps.
Well, it was good while it lasted I guess. I'm sure new sites will crawl out shortly that will give me my stolen manga fix.
killacross

Post by killacross »

RIP onemanga TT_TT
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

killacross wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:02 pm RIP onemanga TT_TT

I had so many titles in my favorites bar that I was trying to make room for, and the copyright gods swooped in and took a giant crap all over my hopes and dreams.

Damn those were the days.
Onemanga had EVERYTHING.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

You can read the latest chapters for free on Viz, but only the 3 most recent ones. I’m just wondering where I’m gonna get my Chainsawman fix.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

With an official Japanese translation, will there be instances where the English doesn’t really match up with the Japanese? I imagine certain things just get lost, or rather confused in translation. I’m asking cause I noticed on Viz they call Kaidos crew the Animal Kingdom. Always thought it was the Beast pirates, sounds way better.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Damn mangastream is gone? Smh, they can't stop us from getting bootleg shit, never!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Watching Wolf of Wall Street. How did I miss this movie in 2013?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Merry Christmas Everyone!
killacross wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:38 pm Watching Wolf of Wall Street. How did I miss this movie in 2013?
Wtf? You can't be serious killa? C'mon man! Lol