DC universe...

Holy Cowboy

Re: DC universe...

Post by Holy Cowboy »

behold the lesbian brainiac. The gay brainiac. The emo Brainiac. The Tranny brainiac. AM I missing anything?

I'm waiting for the + brainiac
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:19 pm
eddieson wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:21 am
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm So...Crisis is all done.
[SHOW]
The Ezra Miller Flash cameo was cute and are they just going to leave Mia in the past? I honestly don't really care to watch the last two episodes of Arrow now that Oliver is gone.

Seems the Earth-Prime guys think the multiverse is gone...it's not apparently, just different.
[SHOW]
I just assumed Mia was sent back to the future with her brother and Connor since he's missing and she's starring in the upcoming Green Arrow and the Canaries show. And I'm guessing this means there are different universes again with one being for Stargirl show that was shown backdoored in there on Earth 2, one for the upcoming Green Lantern show on Earth 12, one for Swamp Thing on Earth 19, Superman Returns on Earth 96, Titans on Earth 9 and Doom Patrol on Earth 21even though they used to be in the same one. And then the CW shows are all on Earth Prime?
Dinah and Laurel are still young...well at least in the next Arrow episodes. Green Arrow and the Canaries (zero interest in watching btw) may be different and happen in the future. My question is which future? Because apparently Mia and Connor came from the old future where Ollie "died" or disappeared and it's the world where Crisis apparently didn't happen? I have no fucking idea.
Well I guess that explains what future they are in. And that was a very weak backdoor pilot episode for Green Arrow and the Canaries. I guess the finale next week is gonna be the funeral episode where everyone makes a cameo appearance.
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

Black lightning was okay except for that sjw 'male privilege' aspect that they just 'had' to inject into there and of course the 'she was right and the male was wrong just cause setup ' moment.

-sidenote- Is there something going on the with the quote system? I click on 'show' ( google chrome ) but hardly anything is opening. Worse with multi-quote.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Holy Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 am Black lightning was okay except for that sjw 'male privilege' aspect that they just 'had' to inject into there and of course the 'she was right and the male was wrong just cause setup ' moment.

-sidenote- Is there something going on the with the quote system? I click on 'show' ( google chrome ) but hardly anything is opening. Worse with multi-quote.
I noticed the same for that particular spoiler quote above. Maybe it was done incorrectly.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

The quotes were working just fine a week ago, but now it seems like any spoiler quoted just doesn't work.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5MqMW9GycU

Holy shit, Justice League would have been a MUCH better film. We need the Snyder cut.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

New Justice League Dark: Apokolips War trailer:

https://youtu.be/tnCkn5xD2jg

Yes please! Did anyone catch the release date?
killacross

Post by killacross »

ya'll bustas forgot about Batman v Ninja Turtles

surprisingly funny and entertaining movie after I got past the art (the TMNT of my generation had noses damnit!!).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:08 pm ya'll bustas forgot about Batman v Ninja Turtles

surprisingly funny and entertaining movie after I got past the art (the TMNT of my generation had noses damnit!!).
I'll check this out.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Apokolips War was pretty intense.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

So they're releasing the Snyder cut of Justice League.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Excellent...because from what I've seen/heard of this cut it's an entire different movie.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

From what's been said, he wants to finish the vfx shots and shoot more scenes for like 20-30 mil. So it's not even going to be the original Snyder cut that he finished. And they're going to be released in 6 35 minute episodes for HBO Max next year.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched the Justice League film this morning, my God that movie was fucking bloody. Most intense movies yet.
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm Apokolips War was pretty intense.
Leave it to Bats to pull a fast one on Constantine.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Just finished Apokolips War. Was not a fan at all. That movie is EVERYTHING wrong with DC IMO.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am Just finished Apokolips War. Was not a fan at all. That movie is EVERYTHING wrong with DC IMO.
Booo, what didn't you like about it?
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 pm

It's the same old crap...

Cant do anything unless Superman is there to bail them out

The same dark and gritty and edgy, formulaic nonsense that Batman Begins started 10 or 15 ago...the profanity was just silly. But not silly for silliness' sake like Deadpool

Also, I'm tired of the Green Lantern Corps being treated like fodder to show how "strong" the current threat is. They have protected the UNIVERSE for 100s/1000s of years.

They killed off 90% of the heroes... And mutilated the other 8%...ya know, except for Bats and Supes... They came out unscathed.. Because... Reasons

...And then the ending...They wrote themselves into such a corner that all they could do was hit the reset button so that all of the sacrifices and stakes that got us to the end of the movie, immediately evaporate into the ether. When the end credits roll.. The whole thing was essentially pointless

I'm gonna go back and watch Under the Red Hood. I STILL think that was the best DCAU to date... Followed very closely by Flashpoint Paradox
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:25 pm
San Goku wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 pm

It's the same old crap...

Cant do anything unless Superman is there to bail them out

The same dark and gritty and edgy, formulaic nonsense that Batman Begins started 10 or 15 ago...the profanity was just silly. But not silly for silliness' sake like Deadpool

Also, I'm tired of the Green Lantern Corps being treated like fodder to show how "strong" the current threat is. They have protected the UNIVERSE for 100s/1000s of years.

They killed off 90% of the heroes... And mutilated the other 8%...ya know, except for Bats and Supes... They came out unscathed.. Because... Reasons

...And then the ending...They wrote themselves into such a corner that all they could do was hit the reset button so that all of the sacrifices and stakes that got us to the end of the movie, immediately evaporate into the ether. When the end credits roll.. The whole thing was essentially pointless

I'm gonna go back and watch Under the Red Hood. I STILL think that was the best DCAU to date... Followed very closely by Flashpoint Paradox

It should be mentioned that this is the last film in this whole 8 year run of films which started with The Flashpoint Paradox.

Whatever comes next will be completely unrelated to this which may be why they did what they did.