There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

that really solidifies my view for me
...I thought it was off duty cops

...if they weren't cops at all..at least not anymore...you don't get to "confront" someone in the street (or citizen arrest at gun point even). In my view, the gun is supposed to be specifically for your house...and you could convince me your yard. Concealed carry is also fine with me for when you are attacked...or stopping an attack

...don't see that here (again, just my limited, 30,000 ft understanding)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:46 pm that really solidifies my view for me
...I thought it was off duty cops

...if they weren't cops at all..at least not anymore...you don't get to "confront" someone in the street (or citizen arrest at gun point even). In my view, the gun is supposed to be specifically for your house...and you could convince me your yard. Concealed carry is also fine with me for when you are attacked...or stopping an attack

...don't see that here (again, just my limited, 30,000 ft understanding)
The victim apparently went into a construction site and looked around or something, but the former cop and his son drove up on him while he was jogging later. Son hops out and confronts him (supposedly they just told him to stop), but the son has a gun pulled. Victim lunges for the gun, they tussle, victim gets shot in the fight. Video doesn't show the actual fight/shots (they go just off camera) but you see the guy look like he's trying to run, takes about three steps, and collapses.

I can understand a 'citizen's arrest' for things like the drunken guy in McDonalds getting taken down, but chasing after a guy running while packing is dumb.

Also your leftie extremist is everything wrong with this country.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...and all of that was on the video footage? cuz otherwise I would dismiss it as the father/son knowing what to say to downplay the whole incident

either way...this is all prevented if #1. they dont do the whole vigilante, citizen's arrest nonsense
and #2. leave the gun at home / or keep it concealed

2nd degree murder IMO (IIRC...Unjustified murder with no forethought/ heat of passion killing)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 am ...and all of that was on the video footage? cuz otherwise I would dismiss it as the father/son knowing what to say to downplay the whole incident

either way...this is all prevented if #1. they dont do the whole vigilante, citizen's arrest nonsense
and #2. leave the gun at home / or keep it concealed

2nd degree murder IMO (IIRC...Unjustified murder with no forethought/ heat of passion killing)
The entering the house part isn't/wasn't I don't believe - not 100% sure on that part, but I think it was an eyewitness. The video starts when a car with a dashcam rolls up as the guy tries to get around the truck that's pulled over in front of him. Confrontation happens in front of the truck, tussle only lasts a few seconds.
killacross

Post by killacross »

So just saw the 36 second video
... Chased him down with a shotgun? Yep.. Lock em up for life
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:30 pm Chloroquine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

Dr. Judy Mikovits: https://youtu.be/Cqgus2R55XA

I just wanted to know about the swat busting down her door and if that was true or not as well as the patents with this conspiracy.
Read up on Mikovits, here was an article from a source that she is antagonistic towards:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... auci-viral

They're obviously not happy and instead of writing a general write-up took the stance of "we're going to shoot down a crap-ton of false things in your video."

NPR took a much more level-headed but less detailed approach in their write-up:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/08/85245165 ... o-s-claims

Sounds like she had some shit luck and it spiraled out from there.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I got issues. At the grocery store yesterday. Bought groceries for the lady in front of us when her food stamps card was declined.

She starts talking about "thank you Jesus. Bless you. I have 5 kids and really needed the help... Thanks. Can I hug you? "

I said.. "Uhhhh.. 6 ft lady."

My wife told me to stop being mean to people.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

It's like you have a battle in your soul where you do enjoy doing nice things for people and you recognize you are in a financial position to do it but somewhere you hate people giving you praise for it.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Sorta, kinda. My parents did a number on me.

So I enjoy helping people anonymously. I also step in and help because when I was in a similar situation.. No one stepped in for me.

... what I HATE is when the attention is on me. As a kid..you had to be invisible so you weren't noticed.. BUT just visible enough so that you got fed.
Attention usually meant you were about to get hit.

So allll these years later, I'm still very uncomfortable with the spotlight.

.. And personally, I like the flustered reaction of people when the situation doesn't go the direction they anticipated
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

LA County has clearly lost it's fucking mind if it thinks they will extend stay at home orders through July. Nobody is going to follow that especially in the summer. This is just insanity and you now are really starting to see the huge disregard for constitutional rights.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm LA County has clearly lost it's fucking mind if it thinks they will extend stay at home orders through July. Nobody is going to follow that especially in the summer. This is just insanity and you now are really starting to see the huge disregard for constitutional rights.
Supreme court has precedent saying otherwise. You have every right to do whatever you want with your body - but your rights end when it comes to mine. If you get sick then you're risking anyone around you, and if you go to the hospital because you got sick ignoring a stay at home order then you're taking a bed that someone else needs. Doctors and nurses take years of training and we already had shortages of both before the pandemic, overworking them or just plain killing them off with COVID is just going to make it worse.

Now if you want to start talking about things like automated mandatory contact tracing, then I think your rights are being infringed. Stay at home orders actively prevent people from getting sick, contact tracing is just looking to see who you've already come into contact with.

Most states still haven't hit stage one of Trump's guidelines for re-opening (the guidelines themselves are fine, I think... haven't poked around at them in a while but they seemed reasonable), but they're re-opening anyways. Georgia's already seeing a spike, here's hoping it doesn't get worse for everyone else.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm LA County has clearly lost it's fucking mind if it thinks they will extend stay at home orders through July. Nobody is going to follow that especially in the summer. This is just insanity and you now are really starting to see the huge disregard for constitutional rights.
Supreme court has precedent saying otherwise. You have every right to do whatever you want with your body - but your rights end when it comes to mine. If you get sick then you're risking anyone around you, and if you go to the hospital because you got sick ignoring a stay at home order then you're taking a bed that someone else needs. Doctors and nurses take years of training and we already had shortages of both before the pandemic, overworking them or just plain killing them off with COVID is just going to make it worse.

Now if you want to start talking about things like automated mandatory contact tracing, then I think your rights are being infringed. Stay at home orders actively prevent people from getting sick, contact tracing is just looking to see who you've already come into contact with.

Most states still haven't hit stage one of Trump's guidelines for re-opening (the guidelines themselves are fine, I think... haven't poked around at them in a while but they seemed reasonable), but they're re-opening anyways. Georgia's already seeing a spike, here's hoping it doesn't get worse for everyone else.

Yeah but if I'm not sick then you keeping me home is against my rights. Of course there is going to be a spike...if you keep everyone inside and then they go outside again there will be a spike. The whole point was the give the medical system time to adapt...that's been done but now they are moving the goal posts. More information that comes out the more we see that healthy can probably start to get out and start their lives again (with precautions). Have you seen LA County's requirements? They're insane. There used to be somewhat of a timeline now it's indefinite and people are not going to stand for this crap, it's already starting.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah but if I'm not sick then you keeping me home is against my rights. Of course there is going to be a spike...if you keep everyone inside and then they go outside again there will be a spike. The whole point was the give the medical system time to adapt...that's been done but now they are moving the goal posts. More information that comes out the more we see that healthy can probably start to get out and start their lives again (with precautions). Have you seen LA County's requirements? They're insane. There used to be somewhat of a timeline now it's indefinite and people are not going to stand for this crap, it's already starting.
Sure, but you can't know you're healthy. Tests, when accurate, are only point in time - and we're embarrassingly short on tests. You can have 0 symptoms and still be a carrier for two weeks. We aren't China (thankfully), so we can't force people to be in their homes 24/7 and have the military deliver food, but that means sick people are going to go out. If we could responsibly wear masks and practice social distancing that would be one thing, but we've proven that we (as a country) can't.

It wasn't to give the medical system time to adapt, it was to keep it from being flooded with patients. Everywhere that's not New York is still getting worse, and rural areas who already have smaller and less equipped hospitals are just starting to get hit hard. PPE is still in short supply nationwide. At this point we're just hoping that it dies down a bit in the summer.

Don't get me wrong - I think the vast majority of the population is fine and could go out responsibly. It's the ones that are irresponsible that mean we can't. People are literally getting killed for telling people they can't enter stores, it's atrocious.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:05 pm It's like you have a battle in your soul where you do enjoy doing nice things for people and you recognize you are in a financial position to do it but somewhere you hate people giving you praise for it.
I think most people have a battle in their soul from time to time or all the time.
xandorxerxes wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 am
Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah but if I'm not sick then you keeping me home is against my rights. Of course there is going to be a spike...if you keep everyone inside and then they go outside again there will be a spike. The whole point was the give the medical system time to adapt...that's been done but now they are moving the goal posts. More information that comes out the more we see that healthy can probably start to get out and start their lives again (with precautions). Have you seen LA County's requirements? They're insane. There used to be somewhat of a timeline now it's indefinite and people are not going to stand for this crap, it's already starting.
Sure, but you can't know you're healthy. Tests, when accurate, are only point in time - and we're embarrassingly short on tests. You can have 0 symptoms and still be a carrier for two weeks. We aren't China (thankfully), so we can't force people to be in their homes 24/7 and have the military deliver food, but that means sick people are going to go out. If we could responsibly wear masks and practice social distancing that would be one thing, but we've proven that we (as a country) can't.

It wasn't to give the medical system time to adapt, it was to keep it from being flooded with patients. Everywhere that's not New York is still getting worse, and rural areas who already have smaller and less equipped hospitals are just starting to get hit hard. PPE is still in short supply nationwide. At this point we're just hoping that it dies down a bit in the summer.

Don't get me wrong - I think the vast majority of the population is fine and could go out responsibly. It's the ones that are irresponsible that mean we can't. People are literally getting killed for telling people they can't enter stores, it's atrocious.

I think all of this is more political than safety at this point.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:47 pmI think all of this is more political than safety at this point.
It's definitely heavily politicized, but if tune out politicians and you focus only on the things hospitals are saying they're all pretty much saying the same thing. Hospitals are bleeding money treating Corona, the last thing they want is more cases.

Edit: Also - https://xkcd.com/2305/
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 am
It wasn't to give the medical system time to adapt, it was to keep it from being flooded with patients.
Well...it was to "flatten the curve" and honestly I don't see a difference in what I said and what you're saying. It was so that the medical system wasn't overwhelmed because at that time we were completely in the dark about everything. Now we're less in the dark and have more data and the medical system is better prepared now than it was before this started. We have people not getting the treatment they need for things like heart conditions and cancer because of the attention to COVID and we even have hospitals at that are basically empty to the point of cutting pay and furloughing workers.

I'm not saying just open up everything but the fact is that it needs to happen sooner than later. As Elon Musk said, people need to be making things, once things become significantly more expensive because there aren't as much of them all those people talking about keeping things closed will finally get it.

Remember that Sweden and Japan were supposed to be post-apocalyptic death zones by now...hasn't happened. One country didn't lockdown at all really and the other (Japan) did lock down but it was voluntary (which is admittedly easier to do in a monoculture) but by comparison to the states it would look like no lock down (but trust me...people are socially distancing and staying how and plenty of businesses are closed but now there are talks of ending the state of emergency as of yesterday). Are there still cases...of course and does it mean that people are just willy-nilly? No, they aren't. People are taking this seriously.
xandorxerxes wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:22 pm
Edit: Also - https://xkcd.com/2305/
This really helps indicate how many people are just sheeple and how the US education system is a failure. In particular the last poll...the 81% one. I say this because that question poll is invalid and can't be answered. Social distancing doesn't stop a virus. The virus is still around. Then there is the whole "even if it means continued damage to the economy" part. People think the economy is dollars and it is so much more than that. The economy is people, it's livelihoods it's our everyday interactions it's essentially everything. I bet a significant amount of people that answered that also probably think the government can just print infinite amounts of money to help everyone and it will have no consequences in the future. Just like shutting down the economy will have no consequences...we can just open back up whenever and it will be fine.

I think I'm just annoyed with the useless platitudes that I see on social media. So on an instagram story today I saw a post from a prominent fashion photographer based in New York City that I follow and her story was truly just tone deaf and useless:

https://imgur.com/a/BfMgKsf#oFpUazU

Like...that kinda statement is one that after you say it the black person standing next you looks at you with disgust as says something like, "Somebody tell this white bitch to shut the fuck up!" this ain't helpful and kinda indicates that she is a bit in a bubble...maybe it's because she's British. One thing I've learned having met so many different native English speakers here in Japan is that Americans are culturally VASTLY different from the rest of the world, especially the English-speaking world. And it is directly due to the unique situation in which America was founded and it's principles, we see the world very differently and you'd be surprised at how willing European folk are just cool with being told what to do by the government and just go along with it.

I'm truly tired of this "treating Americans like their babies" stuff. This virus is here...it's not going away and we have to learn to adapt and yes...we will have to take risks with this virus just like we do with everything else. We don't lower the speed limit to 25mph on major highways in order to protect 17 year old and elderly drivers even though they are the most at risk to be killed in crashes. The longer this kept up for the worse it's going to be when trying to come back from it.

I also really despise this idea that this situation is life and what it means to be alive as if we as humans can just keep doing this. This isn't life. Life is interacting with people, doing the things you enjoy, keeping yourself healthy, being active, feeling like you're doing something and having purpose. If being locked in your house is considered life then what the fuck is the point of life?
Last edited by Digital Masta on Wed May 13, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

Part of the news crap that is going on is 'Stay-at-home' versus 'ERR MAH GERD!!! NOTS ENUFFSS TESTINNNS"'. Kinda hard to get tested when you gotta stay at home.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Holy Cowboy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:24 pm Part of the news crap that is going on is 'Stay-at-home' versus 'ERR MAH GERD!!! NOTS ENUFFSS TESTINNNS"'. Kinda hard to get tested when you gotta stay at home.
Then you have crazy people out there saying "We need millions of tests a day to be be safe" or some shit like that. Yeah, that's impossible.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@DM when you said "other Japan" you mean Tokyo I assume?
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

Interesting. China found a new spectacular way to fail.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=3

Now they can attack us by accident. I would call it Operation Whoopsie.