There we go

Haohmaru

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru »

That always surprised me about you. Only thing bleach has going for it is style and art. The story goes to shit very fast and the power system is so bad.
The power system was introduced for nothing.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:16 pm That always surprised me about you. Only thing bleach has going for it is style and art. The story goes to shit very fast and the power system is so bad.
I don't know what any of that means.

You have a habit of just saying something is just shit. You recently did this with Deadpool and Wolverine as well, except for the cameos it was just shit.

"The story goes to shit very fast".

I would imagine most people on this board would disagree with you. Are there weaker arcs and stronger arcs? Yes. Are their aspects that could've been more fleshed out? Yes. Did it end poorly? Yes, but we already know why and that is currently being addressed in the TYBW anime adaptation.

The Soul Society arc is probably considered one of the best in Shonen.

Naruto by FAR has the worst power system issues out of the 3 because it completely betrays itself and collapsed post time skip. It went from ninjas doing spells to giant chakra kaiju/mecha and Naruto Jesus.

And we all know what issues I have with OP. How it took Roger and those in his generation decades to reach the top yet Luffy did that shit in less that 3-4 years.

And Gear 5.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Motherfuckers?!
..didn't I just say that exact thing?

-Naruto had a hard magic system pre time skip. Post time skip it shit the bed
-OP has a soft magic system
-Bleach had neither...but it was so damn stylish. Bleach basically had rock, paper, scissors,.......firecracker....watermelon....narcan. There was no real system...but there were definitely "bad" match ups. Ichigo was just special because his lineage made him a trump card for just about anything. Basically, Ichigo had Main Character Syndrome
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:35 pm
Haohmaru wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:16 pm That always surprised me about you. Only thing bleach has going for it is style and art. The story goes to shit very fast and the power system is so bad.

I don't know what any of that means.

You have a habit of just saying something is just shit. You recently did this with Deadpool and Wolverine as well, except for the cameos it was just shit.

"The story goes to shit very fast".

I would imagine most people on this board would disagree with you. Are there weaker arcs and stronger arcs? Yes. Are their aspects that could've been more fleshed out? Yes. Did it end poorly? Yes, but we already know why and that is currently being addressed in the TYBW anime adaptation.

The Soul Society arc is probably considered one of the best in Shonen.

Naruto by FAR has the worst power system issues out of the 3 because it completely betrays itself and collapsed post time skip. It went from ninjas doing spells to giant chakra kaiju/mecha and Naruto Jesus.

And we all know what issues I have with OP. How it took Roger and those in his generation decades to reach the top yet Luffy did that shit in less that 3-4 years.

And Gear 5.
You just basically summed up why bleach story was weak.
Soul society would've been good if Ichigo bankası wasn't a complete waste.
That's like saying Naruto is the best cause it had chuunin exam. One arc doesn't make a manga good.
Bleach continued to be a no brain manga. Where awesome shikais and bankais went to waste, because the opponent simply had higher reiatsu.
I just think that bleach's story and power system wasn't thought out at all.

Naruto had a great power system until bijuus came into play. But at least it was consistent in that those bijuus were always that overpowered. Who ever controls the bijuus control the world.

As for Deadpool. Everything was just too much. The timeskip story element is so bad. That's why (primarily) marvel's numbers have gone to shit. Imagine doing so bad that you're even messing up something like marvel. You literally have like a million stories to choose from.
killacross wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:34 pm Motherfuckers?!
..didn't I just say that exact thing?
Mothafucka are you the only one allowed to talk :lol:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Uchiha Itachi is fuckin goat'd, one of the greatest and of course Uchiha Sauske.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:41 am
You just basically summed up why bleach story was weak.
Not really, I just pointed out that it has flaws, like every other series.

That's like saying Naruto is the best cause it had chuunin exam. One arc doesn't make a manga good.
I never said that Bleach was the best and I didn't say it had only one good arc, just that the SS arc is considered by many to be one of the best ars ever. Bleach moved slowly up until the SS arc and then once the world opened up things became more interesting.
Bleach continued to be a no brain manga.
I don't know what that means.

Where awesome shikais and bankais went to waste, because the opponent simply had higher reiatsu.
Pretty sure the only time that happened was when Soi Fon tried to stab Aizen but I could be wrong.

Naruto had a great power system until bijuus came into play. But at least it was consistent in that those bijuus were always that overpowered. Who ever controls the bijuus control the world.
The tailed beast were a part of the world but they weren't the sole focus...until post-time skip but even more than the power scaling problems were the character problems. Kishimoto sacrificed all of his supporting characters to make the series, "The Sharingan Series".

I mean everyone got done dirty.

But at least they're both not Jujutsu Kaisen.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Hahaha true. Jujutsu Kaisen ending was the worst.
killacross

Post by killacross »

this port worker strike
A 77% paybump over 6 years?!

WOW!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:00 pm this port worker strike
A 77% paybump over 6 years?!

WOW!!
Because 80% would just be crazy.

That is an insane increase.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Not sure on the full details, but it looks like they got a 62% pay increase over the next 6 years, and I know they were fighting to prevent automation with this contract, which is fucking mind boggling...

The fact that one union runs all the major ports along the whole fucking east coast as well blows my mind.
killacross

Post by killacross »

^^Technically, they haven't gotten anything yet. They just agreed to postpone a strike until next year (after the election) . And yea... I live in NC, so I've been trained to believe that unions are wild.... And it's worked.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Tina Peters voter whistle blower sentenced to 9 years 🤯

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cr75mpkm7nro
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGcYaIy ... cnNhcnk%3D

Bleach's 20th anniversary video, it's filled with remade scenes. I didn't realize that season 3 of TYBW was the 20th anniversary of the anime, October 5th, 2004.

Damn, I remember that time. 19 years old and a sophomore in college.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:02 pm Tina Peters voter whistle blower sentenced to 9 years 🤯

Yes, as she should, because she completely broke the law as a county clerk and continued to do so... While she's not my county clerk, she is in the state that I reside in and yes, she really did break the law several times.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:53 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGcYaIy ... cnNhcnk%3D

Bleach's 20th anniversary video, it's filled with remade scenes. I didn't realize that season 3 of TYBW was the 20th anniversary of the anime, October 5th, 2004.

Damn, I remember that time. 19 years old and a sophomore in college.
The same. I remember a host of animes that I watched around the same time. I remember it being freshman year (2003)- but nope, sophomore year is correct. Weird - getting Mandela Effect'd...
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

You might have started reading the manga beforehand. I remember reading the manga in my dorm room freshman year.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I found anime first. I didn't read manga until after watching Naruto (I knew it existed, but had no idea they were related). First ep of the anime I saw was Gaara vs Rock Lee. So I went back and binged the anime until I caught up. I pretty much switched to being manga only at that point. I could read so much more manga during the time it took to watch an episode. Then I remember reading all of Naruto, all of FMA (at that point)...then I discovered IRC (and read so much random stuff). They told me I couldn't comment until I read One Piece and Berserk. I'm rambling - You are right, I know I read the Bleach manga long before the anime because I remember trying to get my other college buddies into it. I'm just all wrong about the timeline though. I barely watched the Bleach anime because I already read the manga and my buddies weren't interested. (They were all about DBZ and Gundam and Scryed and Cowboy Bebop)...It's why I stopped watching Naruto (because the fights in my mind were so much better than how they were animated - specifically Kimimaro vs Naruto disgusted me so much).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:00 am
San Goku wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:02 pm Tina Peters voter whistle blower sentenced to 9 years 🤯

Yes, as she should, because she completely broke the law as a county clerk and continued to do so... While she's not my county clerk, she is in the state that I reside in and yes, she really did break the law several times.
But in doing that she showed others were breaking the law and we would have never known.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Oh yea....FYI
as a Black man who came of age in Hickory, NC [technically Taylorsville, NC......technically, technically - Bethlehem, NC ]

97% of this metro is not a sundown town

I personally know people who lost everything in Hurricane Helene.

It's my first time seeing the government directly lying to you...instead of hinting at it