There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

It may literally have to come to that with the situation I've been in 😔🤦🏾‍♂️.
killacross

Post by killacross »

superbob wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:13 am You guys want to send some of that water to the northern rockies? It's been an insanely dry summer in wyoming and montana
Send me a PO box. I got 2 FULL water bottles with your name on it ;)

I always wondered what would happen if they could do something like that - transport millions of gallons of fresh water hundreds/thousands/millions of miles away for the shiggles. Truck it out to Death Valley and dump it on the ground. I seriously wonder what would happen.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:11 pm
superbob wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:13 am You guys want to send some of that water to the northern rockies? It's been an insanely dry summer in wyoming and montana
Send me a PO box. I got 2 FULL water bottles with your name on it ;)

I always wondered what would happen if they could do something like that - transport millions of gallons of fresh water hundreds/thousands/millions of miles away for the shiggles. Truck it out to Death Valley and dump it on the ground. I seriously wonder what would happen.
I would imagine power would be a limiting factor, but probably the most efficient way would be to pump it from catchment basins, but we could probably set that up in the west too, and catch additional runoff to storage.
killacross

Post by killacross »

not the logistics of it. I wonder what would happen if you temporarily change a desert ecosystem to a lake. The sun would bake off a ton of water and cause localized rainstorms, killing off thousands of native animals and plant life. But I would expect it to all revert back within 5 year.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:43 am not the logistics of it. I wonder what would happen if you temporarily change a desert ecosystem to a lake. The sun would bake off a ton of water and cause localized rainstorms, killing off thousands of native animals and plant life. But I would expect it to all revert back within 5 year.
Exactly. That's also the reason why they aren't putting millions of solar panels in the deserts of Africa and where not. It would fuck up the ecosystem
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:43 am not the logistics of it. I wonder what would happen if you temporarily change a desert ecosystem to a lake. The sun would bake off a ton of water and cause localized rainstorms, killing off thousands of native animals and plant life. But I would expect it to all revert back within 5 year.
Oh definitely, check out the Salton sea for reference.

Ideally, we would use the overflow water to recharge the aquafers, ie, use catchment basins to percolate the water back down, and go for injection wells into the aquafers.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

The green wall initiative that they are doing to terraform the desert in Africa fascinates me.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Pokémon voice actress dies
She did Misty and Jesse

2 banging redheads to 10 year old me
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Ya I heard today as well, battling breast cancer. R.I.P. Had no idea they were the same person.

Massive cyber attack on Twitter X for Musk interview with Orange Man but working now.

Watched Madame Web on the weekend and I enjoyed it. I think because I was looking for a family movie night appropriate enough for everyone to enjoy. If I was watching on my own, probably not as much but it was good.

Edit

https://x.com/DeSandTits/status/1823157 ... 5yBaA&s=08

Remember to my woke friends.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://youtu.be/5cu7q52hlAI?si=YNzwWI_g2dcgumkE

Internal fighting for the Dragon Ball franchise going on. Im shocked 😳😡
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Daily Wire and Shapiro should have just let Candace Owens interview Kanye when she asked nice, cause now she's just going off and calling everything how she sees it. No stone unturned lol.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Finally watched Deadpool & Wolverine. Fantastic Movie
killacross

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm Maybe it’s old and I never opened it.

So I’m thinking about asking out my 48 year old coworker, (I’m 27) I know she’s into me, I just don’t know what I’d do with her. I’m thinking she wouldn’t want a traditional date with a young guy, but I don’t wanna invite her to a hotel just to have her think I’m being sleezy. Never been with an older woman so gotta admit, I’m intimidated by the idea of having her alone.
Whatever happened with this? Did you continue to dust off the cobwebs?

Years and years and years ago... When I was 20/21...I met a 60ish year old woman. She was pretty, she had aged well, and was a fitness nut...
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:27 am
Colep924 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm Maybe it’s old and I never opened it.

So I’m thinking about asking out my 48 year old coworker, (I’m 27) I know she’s into me, I just don’t know what I’d do with her. I’m thinking she wouldn’t want a traditional date with a young guy, but I don’t wanna invite her to a hotel just to have her think I’m being sleezy. Never been with an older woman so gotta admit, I’m intimidated by the idea of having her alone.
Whatever happened with this? Did you continue to dust off the cobwebs?

Years and years and years ago... When I was 20/21...I met a 60ish year old woman. She was pretty, she had aged well, and was a fitness nut...
Bro you are a walking dick that's needs constant stimulus haha
killacross

Post by killacross »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:42 pm Bro you are a walking dick that's needs constant stimulus haha
It's not that. I just think about random things that are funny to me [and probably only me]. And then bring it back up. :lol:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I'm the walking sick here guys lol. I remember when I was 18-19 and she was mid 30's. That was a big deal back then. It was straight to business lol.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I swear
.. All linkedin recruiters work for the same company. They're messages are literally a copy/paste of each other.

I've been replying and saying I'm interested but fully expecting a $1.1MM to $1.2MM contract for 6 months with an option of $3MM to extend to 12 months and inlcude future projects.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:07 pm I swear
.. All linkedin recruiters work for the same company. They're messages are literally a copy/paste of each other.

I've been replying and saying I'm interested but fully expecting a $1.1MM to $1.2MM contract for 6 months with an option of $3MM to extend to 12 months and inlcude future projects.
Fucking America. If you'd demanded something like that here people would literally cry from laughing.
CEOs from big companies don't even make that kind of money.
Gotta love capitalism.