Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Post Reply
killacross
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Digital Masta »

Figures he'd do some shit like that.
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

Hah great chapter. Zoro clashing with the horse dude was something the fandom has been waiting for since he first appeared, and both of them with kitetsu blades
San Goku
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by San Goku »

Of course Oda was gonna pull something like that. That Zoro clah was nice. I wonder where the Elder ranks with Mihawk.
killacross
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by killacross »

strongest Swordsman
...not strongest.

Mihawk probably has better skill/technique,...but the Elder is stronger than him in a brawl
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:34 pm strongest Swordsman
...not strongest.

Mihawk probably has better skill/technique,...but the Elder is stronger than him in a brawl
I agree, but only because they have some gimmick making them invulnerable to all forms of attack. Once that gets solved I'd say most ultra high level characters can deal with them
Digital Masta
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Digital Masta »

The scene with all the elders gathering and the Zoro clash should look pretty damn cool when animated.
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

So Elbaf is confirmed to be the next big arc. I have a feeling after that or rather during, Blackbeard will go to fishman island to kidnap Shirahoshi and Luffy will go to fight him, fulfilling the prophecy that he will destroy Fishman Island.
killacross
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:19 pm I agree, but only because they have some gimmick making them invulnerable to all forms of attack. Once that gets solved I'd say most ultra high level characters can deal with them
I suspect seastone becomes more prominent as the story concludes. It's supposed to be rare...so the government would have the resources to find/mine/extract it And it negates devil fruit attacks and was super resistant to regular/haki attack.

I wouldnt consider it a gimmick because it was in the story since like chapter 3
Digital Masta
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Digital Masta »

I couldn't tell if Coby's comment was referring to his thoughts or if he was picking up many people's thoughts over a certain distance due to his haki.
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

killacross wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:42 am
Colep924 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:19 pm I agree, but only because they have some gimmick making them invulnerable to all forms of attack. Once that gets solved I'd say most ultra high level characters can deal with them
I suspect seastone becomes more prominent as the story concludes. It's supposed to be rare...so the government would have the resources to find/mine/extract it And it negates devil fruit attacks and was super resistant to regular/haki attack.

I wouldnt consider it a gimmick because it was in the story since like chapter 3
Whatever's going on with the Elders has not been in the story since chapter 3. They've been cut in half lit on fire and tanked blows from Gear 5 Luffy. They have something making them basically invincible
killacross
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:59 pm Whatever's going on with the Elders has not been in the story since chapter 3. They've been cut in half lit on fire and tanked blows from Gear 5 Luffy. They have something making them basically invincible
Awakened Zoans are crazy resistant to damage. I'd guess a mythical, awakened, zoan would be even more resistant. And then the 5 elders are crazy strong on top of that. I'm thinking similar resilience to Marco...tho we understand the lore around a phoenix. I have no idea about Japanese folktales and those animals
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

killacross wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:10 pm
Colep924 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:59 pm Whatever's going on with the Elders has not been in the story since chapter 3. They've been cut in half lit on fire and tanked blows from Gear 5 Luffy. They have something making them basically invincible
Awakened Zoans are crazy resistant to damage. I'd guess a mythical, awakened, zoan would be even more resistant. And then the 5 elders are crazy strong on top of that. I'm thinking similar resilience to Marco...tho we understand the lore around a phoenix. I have no idea about Japanese folktales and those animals
I don't know if Marco awakened, most likely, but we certainly have that example in him. However, the elders are on a whole other level. Wounds closing seemingly magically, the San Worm was literally cut into three pieces and he's up and at em. I'd be willing to bet it is tied to their fruits but it's some kind of ability unique to them. They can also communicate telepathically over vast distances, and travel via magic circles. I think we have something new going on here
killacross
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:15 pm I don't know if Marco awakened, most likely, but we certainly have that example in him. However, the elders are on a whole other level. Wounds closing seemingly magically, the San Worm was literally cut into three pieces and he's up and at em. I'd be willing to bet it is tied to their fruits but it's some kind of ability unique to them. They can also communicate telepathically over vast distances, and travel via magic circles. I think we have something new going on here
To clarify... I meant they have a level of resilience that would rival Marco...but we understand Marco's resilience is from his Phoenix devil fruit (not that he has awakened)

And the awakened Zoans in Impel Down were crazy resilient...and they were failed users as awakened Zoans. So I'm assuming that Zoans [who have awakened] and are at peak ability would be on a completely different level.

Logia's are attack whores at their peak...Zoans are def whores at their peak...Paramecia are AOE whores at their peak
...I dunno
Colep924
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Re: One Piece Chapter 1117

Post by Colep924 »

killacross wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:14 pm
Colep924 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:15 pm I don't know if Marco awakened, most likely, but we certainly have that example in him. However, the elders are on a whole other level. Wounds closing seemingly magically, the San Worm was literally cut into three pieces and he's up and at em. I'd be willing to bet it is tied to their fruits but it's some kind of ability unique to them. They can also communicate telepathically over vast distances, and travel via magic circles. I think we have something new going on here
To clarify... I meant they have a level of resilience that would rival Marco...but we understand Marco's resilience is from his Phoenix devil fruit (not that he has awakened)

And the awakened Zoans in Impel Down were crazy resilient...and they were failed users as awakened Zoans. So I'm assuming that Zoans [who have awakened] and are at peak ability would be on a completely different level.

Logia's are attack whores at their peak...Zoans are def whores at their peak...Paramecia are AOE whores at their peak
...I dunno
I 100% agree with everything you said, I just think there's enough evidence to speculate there's something more at play with the Elders.
Post Reply