There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

You can easily grow everything I mentioned in a 5 gallon bucket (individually)

Also.. Pro tip.. If growing in containers, you really need potting mix (peat moss/coconut coir + hardwood bark with very little soil). You need a light, fluffy grow medium that holds trace water...but has excellent drainage. You'll have to fertilize lightly and water often though. Too much sitting water rots and drowns plant roots...too little water dries out the plant and eventually kills it

Right now my strawberries, grapes, blackberries are in planters.. And I'm going to try growing the watermelon in a planter with the vine draped over the side for "science" (watermelons traditionally need A LOT of space).
Last edited by killacross on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 am Indeed, that is progress so keep it up.

EDIT: Ordered some basil and tomoto seeds. I finally have the space and and a southern facing backyard so it's time to get my veggie game going!
You can get a hydroponic unit to grow herbs - works incredibly well, especially basil. Had the shit coming out of my ears. Cherry tomatoes did well where I am, big tomatoes needed more regular water so they got wonky. Supposedly keep them watered consistently and they'll come out looking like tomatoes instead of oddities.
killacross wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 amI have always wanted to grow a grape vine. I have always talked about it. Grapes take about 3 years to produce. We would move into a place "temporarily", so I wouldn't buy it. Then after we moved out 5-7 years later...I would regret it. I did it 1st thing this time!!
Grats! I thought about avocados (I don't like them but my wife/kid does), but they apparently take over a decade in ideal conditions. No thanks.
killacross wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:10 pm ... Nah brother
OJ is a hero.. He was guilty as hell, but he proved the world sees money

Speaking of... I still don't understand how the Biden admin is forgiving student loan debt. I thought the Supreme Court case said he couldn't.
Supreme court shot down his creation of a new basic forgiveness plan, so from what I've seen at a cursory glance his current efforts are focused around revising current methods. The words "forgiving debt" are basically loaded - they're not wrong, but they're not right either. Both he and the Republicans are milking it for all it's worth. He's never advocated for waving a magic wand and making loans disappear.

One of his latest moves, for example:
If you took out a loan for less than $12,000 and made every payment for 20 years, you could get your debt forgiven. He's changing it to 10 years. The only way to qualify for programs like these is to basically make little to no money, because you have to be on income-based repayment. By the time you've paid for 20 years you've almost certainly more than paid off the original loan, but since your payments couldn't keep up with interest you would still owe more than $12,000 on the loan. So it's not like some random person is getting whatever degree you object to then Biden saying "yep you're good," you still have to actually pay back the money. Now you don't have to watch your loan go up for another 10 years while you wait for the forgiveness to kick in.

Keep in mind this has other effects - getting people off income-based repayment encourages people to be more productive (works for things like alimony and sometimes taxes too). Taking a new job that pays an extra $10/hr is far less enticing when you have to do the harder/more technical work to only get a $5/hr boost because the other $5/hr now goes into your loan repayment.

It's also worth noting that loan forgiveness counts as income on income taxes, so that may also catch some people out who would normally not have to pay taxes on their income because it was too low.
killacross wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:19 pm Shit like this makes my brain go into overdrive... So I'm about to forensic accountant their work. I hate being me.
Can send it to me if you want, I'll help take a look.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 pm post
XX!! I thought you abandoned the forums...glad to see you were just busy with life.
I thought about and tried hydrophonics a while back. I'm into planted aquariums as another hobby. I had grow lights that I eventually stopped using. So I took those lights, plus an aquarium pump, a spare fish tank, and spare PVC pipe. I made a stand to grow tomatoes and lettuce. It was not my thing.

I had the equipment laying around because I had collected it over many, many years. I assume just starting out would be pretty costly.

Also...another pro tip: DO NOT PLANT MINT DIRECTLY INTO THE GROUND!! Ugh that shit takes over and will survive the nuclear winter!! Learned that at another rental house we stayed in years and years ago. I remember the soil was pitch black (because it was so rich!!). I went out and manually tilled the soil. I kept finding baby bottles, and pacifiers, and toys. I joked with my wife that if I heard a deep *thump*....we were done!!

We had some of the most delicious watermelons that year. And we had soooooo many tomatoes that year. I took all of them and made some of the best spaghetti sauce we have ever tasted.

I ran the plant over with a lawn mower and it would keep coming back.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2q9Y-TM ... hvd3ZxMTY2

God tier animation for the new Dragon Ball movie 🥺🥹🥹
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Shouldn't we get OP this week?
Dreed

Post by Dreed »

San Goku wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am Shouldn't we get OP this week?
According the official release schedule its on this Monday. So raws should be coming soon?
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Yeah it's already out. Nothing special. A mysterious entrance at the end that's it.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Damn Professor Xavier. X-Men are dying left and right and you're out there tapping some Chaka Khan looking alien bitch.
killacross

Post by killacross »

This show surprises me. Because even though it is Marvel...and even though there was a lot of hoopla around it before the series came out....I haven't seen any, over the top, LGBTH)*(_12I4O3P5Y(Q61IP@W"RFNJLK?>MEDG:OHJNDLS?LJK nonsense in it.

If it's there it's either subtle...or mission accomplished and I have become numb to it.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

If you haven't watched the fallout series on amazon, definitely recommend that one
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Also, this classic turns 25 this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2txMU50CI
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

When you realize that the women in that video are now the mother's of teenagers/early 20s kids that now can see mom backing dat ass up.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Slaving away to get you niggas a new OP chapter.. And your ungrateful asses don't even read and comment
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cen0rBKLuYE

Deadpool and Wolverine.

Looks pretty generic.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm This show surprises me. Because even though it is Marvel...and even though there was a lot of hoopla around it before the series came out....I haven't seen any, over the top, LGBTH)*(_12I4O3P5Y(Q61IP@W"RFNJLK?>MEDG:OHJNDLS?LJK nonsense in it.

If it's there it's either subtle...or mission accomplished and I have become numb to it.
Fingers crossed it continues but I wouldn't bet on it.
Haohmaru wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm Damn Professor Xavier. X-Men are dying left and right and you're out there tapping some Chaka Khan looking alien bitch.
All that mental psychic power must make you want blow above average load. I don't blame him...

superbob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:00 am If you haven't watched the fallout series on amazon, definitely recommend that one
Noted! I was planning on doing that so thanks for the reminder. I've been enjoying House of Ninjas on Netflix too.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Horrible weekend
I've had the worst case of diarrhea in my life
.. Literally every hour on the hour. I've lost 11lbs in the last 3 days (no exaggeration).. And then muscle cramps like crazy.. my poor asshole is so raw :cry: :(

Second... My wife took my daughter to a children's play museum

My daughter got hit in the mouth by another kid (it was an accident). My son and I were home taking a nap because he's a little sick too. Phone rings for a video call. Weird. I pick up and my wife is in tears, my daughter is in tears. My daughter's face and mouth are just covered in blood. Her tooth is actually loose. And of course the dentist is closed on the weekend. I suspect she'll lose the baby tooth... But we'll see.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm Horrible weekend
I've had the worst case of diarrhea in my life
.. Literally every hour on the hour. I've lost 11lbs in the last 3 days (no exaggeration).. And then muscle cramps like crazy.. my poor asshole is so raw :cry: :(

Second... My wife took my daughter to a children's play museum

My daughter got hit in the mouth by another kid (it was an accident). My son and I were home taking a nap because he's a little sick too. Phone rings for a video call. Weird. I pick up and my wife is in tears, my daughter is in tears. My daughter's face and mouth are just covered in blood. Her tooth is actually loose. And of course the dentist is closed on the weekend. I suspect she'll lose the baby tooth... But we'll see.
Sorry to hear that man. We must be bros cause I had the same thing a couple weeks ago. I drank spoiled Bison milk. It was the worst 72hr experience of my life.

Threw a bday for my boy. He turned 5 over the weekend. I'm tired af, currently at work but pulled off a successful bday party.

I watched FALLOUT. That show is fucking lit 🔥. When does season 2 come out? Cause I was like WTF I the middle of the night when I realized it stopped at 8 eps. I also finished House of Ninja on Netflix too.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Fuck white people...until they leave that is and take their money with them

https://www.planetizen.com/news/2024/05 ... urt-ruling

Here's a different headline:

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/us-news/w ... -own-city/

I'm sure the wealthy black people living in this new city are also pretty damn happy right now.

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wow 😳🤯. I guess get wealthy blacks to move in?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

The wealthy blacks are already there most likely.