There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Anyone else get to enjoy the solar eclipse yesterday? I was driving on my way to work while the event took place. I couldn't look up but the effect on everything was cool.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:29 am Anyone else get to enjoy the solar eclipse yesterday? I was driving on my way to work while the event took place. I couldn't look up but the effect on everything was cool.
I traveled to see the one in 2017, which was an amazing experience. Still had my glasses from then and looked up to see the about half coverage we had here in denver
killacross

Post by killacross »

I looked at it a couple of times

.. The last one was cooler for me too. I was working in Florence SC at the time so I was probably 99% in the path. We went outside during work and it felt like I was in Berserk. It was creepy. I sacrificed a homeless person just to be safe
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Here's the picture I took from the one back in 2017
[SHOW]
Here's the one from this year from denver
[SHOW]
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:28 am I looked at it a couple of times

.. The last one was cooler for me too. I was working in Florence SC at the time so I was probably 99% in the path. We went outside during work and it felt like I was in Berserk. It was creepy. I sacrificed a homeless person just to be safe
The same, Berserk and Guts came to mind too. I was like you know you're a anime/manga fan when lol. Lmfao at homeless. No one will miss him.

superbob wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:33 am Here's the picture I took from the one back in 2017
[SHOW]
Here's the one from this year from denver
[SHOW]
Sick!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

O.J Simpson dead at 76. R.I.P to the Juice.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Here to say the exact same

Gottdamn
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:09 pm O.J Simpson dead at 76. R.I.P to the Juice.
Yeaaaaaah, no.

Dude can enjoy hell.
killacross

Post by killacross »

... Nah brother
OJ is a hero.. He was guilty as hell, but he proved the world sees money

Speaking of... I still don't understand how the Biden admin is forgiving student loan debt. I thought the Supreme Court case said he couldn't.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:49 pm
San Goku wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:09 pm O.J Simpson dead at 76. R.I.P to the Juice.
Yeaaaaaah, no.

Dude can enjoy hell.
Hey, I just remember being a young kid and the Rodney King beating and riots happened. Then shortly after, OJ beat his case 🤷🏾‍♂️.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Any thoughts on the Korean spin on the Parasyte anime? I assumed it was going to be Japanese done. They strayed from the original but sub stories like this would have been happening at the same time globally.
killacross

Post by killacross »

4 eps into Frieren..makes me think because the concept of time and a crazy long life is explored pretty well

...Reminds me of a blend between To Your Eternity, Violet Evergarden, and Family Guy
Last edited by killacross on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Episode 5 for X-Men was EPIC 😳😳😳😳😳.

Told my son today let's watch it together. He's like okay but is it only 1 episode? In my head, I was like he don't know that was the norm every weekend you wait for that 1 X-Men episode and sometimes you get a double episode special 😆😆😆
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:10 pm ... Nah brother
OJ is a hero.. He was guilty as hell, but he proved the world sees money

Speaking of... I still don't understand how the Biden admin is forgiving student loan debt. I thought the Supreme Court case said he couldn't.
For all the innocent black people in jail they got one out guilty. Peace was restored in the world
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Nice ending to Parasyte: The Grey. Looks like we will get a season 2.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ugh! Taxes done this year. The weirdest part.. It came out to like 60% of what it was last year

I questioned the CPA and she started running down the comparison charts

.. So then I pulled out last year's and the numbers didn't match up everywhere.

Shit like this makes my brain go into overdrive... So I'm about to forensic accountant their work. I hate being me.

Unrelated. It was around this time last year that I said something about being a high functioning alcoholic. I haven't had that thought in a long, long time and haven't been to work drunk in a long, long time and haven't drank too much at lunch and returned to work in a long, long time... But, full honesty, I have had a drink or two, then drove probably 2-3x in the past year.

That's progress right?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Indeed, that is progress so keep it up.

EDIT: Ordered some basil and tomoto seeds. I finally have the space and and a southern facing backyard so it's time to get my veggie game going!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Plants are cool. Got you beat brother...

#1 My daughter learned about seeds and plants in daycare so started asking random questions that a 4-->5 year old would.
#2 My wife "answered" her questions...but has absolutely 0 skill, knowledge, or experience
In fact, I asked my wife - why not just say "I don't know, let's learn together?" and then teach her how to find the info (as in the process; not necessarily the skillset) - she got pissy around me "questioning her parenting"

We have pretty shitty soil here (it's 100% red clay. In fact, it is so bad that I am convinced they scraped off my layer of topsoil and sold it when they built my house. It was an old cow pasture for decades and there was plenty of tree cover. There should be a dark, rich layer of soil due to cow shit and tree leaves. It makes 0 sense to me how bad the soil is)...

Anyway, I bought two 6'x3'x2' raised garden beds. Then went to a landscaping company and bought 50/50 topsoil/compost mix. Bought a bag of coconut coir. I had my wife and kids help fill the bed and hand till/mix in the coir at about 6" deep. Watered it all down and planted it last weekend.

Tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers, beans, lettuce, spinach, potatoes, onions, beets, and carrots (underground plants are always the lottery). Then we have a spices/herb box of cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, and green onions. Last year I bought strawberry runners (which actually produced a small yield late in the year), a grape vine cutting, and a blackberry sucker. I have always wanted to grow a grape vine. I have always talked about it. Grapes take about 3 years to produce. We would move into a place "temporarily", so I wouldn't buy it. Then after we moved out 5-7 years later...I would regret it. I did it 1st thing this time!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I do have space like that, everything for me will be in pots.

I am looking at doing ginger too.

Researching tomatoes is stressing me out a bit though.