There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I think Trump is gonna mollywhop every one in these republican primaries

All of the candidates are trash.. But the devil you know.. Ya know?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:26 pm Poor Vivek.

Tsunade wasn't results driven. She was lazy and irresponsible. She let Naruto run wild mostly because of plot no jutsu. Same thing with why Pain undid all of his killing after attacking Konoha. It made 0 sense. Kishi couldn't come up with a justification and instead just did it because ___ "put their trust" in Naruto for reasons . He tried to retcon it by saying he was the promised child that would reunite the world... But there was never a reason for it. Naruto was just a jinchuuriki that had a lot of his own Chakra to match the 9 tails .

..and don't even get me started on Sasuke
With Tsunade she agreed to come to Konoha and be Hokage if Naruto could learn Rasengan. Once Naruto learned nature Chakra manipulation, she was confident enough in his ability to fight an Akatsuki member.

Ya, I agree about the Pain part. When you go that far off the deep end, chances are you are not reversing course. However, if you feel your time is up and really like your 'sibling' student, I can see a sentimental change of fuck it, it's the least I can do for killing a great man like Jiraiya.

And Sasuke is forever my favorite lol. Skipping over fillers is lovely. I get anxiety now when I count how much filler arc episodes there were before the next cannon episode, thinking back how mad I would be cause I had no idea when it would end lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:26 pm Poor Vivek.

Tsunade wasn't results driven. She was lazy and irresponsible. She let Naruto run wild mostly because of plot no jutsu. Same thing with why Pain undid all of his killing after attacking Konoha. It made 0 sense. Kishi couldn't come up with a justification and instead just did it because ___ "put their trust" in Naruto for reasons . He tried to retcon it by saying he was the promised child that would reunite the world... But there was never a reason for it. Naruto was just a jinchuuriki that had a lot of his own Chakra to match the 9 tails .

..and don't even get me started on Sasuke
Itachi will always be more impressive than Sasuke because he wasn't a reincarnation of the son of a god. Kishi had to basically get rid of Itachi and I guess Shisui as well because they were too OP.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...plus Itachi did it all while having AIDS
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:33 pm ...plus Itachi did it all while having AIDS
Lmfao okay, that was the biggest ass pull by Kishi. Low key Itachi is kind of the goat, I always forget that he's covert triple agent good guy in a sense.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Well damn

My [female] cousin apparently died of a heart attack last night... Pretty uncommon

But I think she's the first one in my generation. Grandma>grandpa>uncle>uncle>cousin

... I'm numb
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:30 pm Well damn

My [female] cousin apparently died of a heart attack last night... Pretty uncommon

But I think she's the first one in my generation. Grandma>grandpa>uncle>uncle>cousin

... I'm numb
My condolences 🙏🏾. So young, but we are getting up there. Gonna be a lot to process, maybe take the day off. Does this family member live close by? How old was she? I'm 40 this year. My grandmother (90) passed away last week and her funeral will be next week 😢.
killacross

Post by killacross »

That side of the family lives about an hr away. She couldn't have been 50 yet. I think her older brother is 50...she was late 40s...and her younger brother was early 40s. I'm 39 in a few months.

...Just weird. A million memories that I have forgotten kinda flooded back. And I told you all...I haven't seen some of that family in 20+ years until last year.
killacross

Post by killacross »

So finally got the update. My cousin went to the hospital because her chest was hurting. They checked her out, sent her home. A week or so later, she was walking up the stairs and was out of breath. Her husband helped her go the last bit. She gets to the top and faints and starts foaming at the mouth. He calls the ambulance, and she's dead before they make it to the hospital. She was basically pronounced dead immediately upon arrival.

Apparently, she has had an existing heart condition for years. She was 50,,,turning 51 this year. And she was the first in my generation to go. That's still so young.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:55 am So finally got the update. My cousin went to the hospital because her chest was hurting. They checked her out, sent her home. A week or so later, she was walking up the stairs and was out of breath. Her husband helped her go the last bit. She gets to the top and faints and starts foaming at the mouth. He calls the ambulance, and she's dead before they make it to the hospital. She was basically pronounced dead immediately upon arrival.

Apparently, she has had an existing heart condition for years. She was 50,,,turning 51 this year. And she was the first in my generation to go. That's still so young.
My uncle had to get a valve replaced at 51 years old, similar thing, chest pain, they tried to send him home but my grandma had her valve replaced around that age too so they did one more check and he was in surgery not to long afterwards. They tried to repair it and the repair failed, so they had to do a full replacement.

It's one of those things that should be part of a midlife physical for everyone. Get a heart health check, to see if there's any underlying condition that needs to be fixed
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

In the hospital now for chest pain/discomfort. I worked a shit load of overtime this past week, so I know it's related to that. Being extra cautious ⚠️ I'm no spring chicken anymore.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Poor DeSantis.

Realized he was gonna get embarrassed on the national stage.
killacross

Post by killacross »

superbob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:13 am It's one of those things that should be part of a midlife physical for everyone. Get a heart health check, to see if there's any underlying condition that needs to be fixed
Don't forget to let the doctor diddle your butthole a little bit. As a Black man, I'm supposed to start that at 40 vs 50 for most others :( :shock: :o :? :cry:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:43 am
superbob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:13 am It's one of those things that should be part of a midlife physical for everyone. Get a heart health check, to see if there's any underlying condition that needs to be fixed
Don't forget to let the doctor diddle your butthole a little bit. As a Black man, I'm supposed to start that at 40 vs 50 for most others :( :shock: :o :? :cry:
So late? Started at 25 years old. Having a female do it makes it slightly less depressing.

Everything came back fine from the doctors. Did a heart image scan, took my blood and had an -ray done. I got all my results in 3hrs going through the ER section. How is your guys wait times? It's horrible in Toronto, Ontario. Most hospitals would have taken all day, 8hrs.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm talking prostate cancer screenings. If your doctor started checking you at 25 (without cancer being prevalent in your family)...you may want to speak to an attorney.

In the US...you don't do routine stuff like that in a hospital. You go to your personal/primary care physician. Typically you schedule it out though. Before the pandemic...it would take like a week. After the pandemic, it takes like a month. No real wait times except for 10 mins in reception...then another 30 mins in his office. He sees you for 3 mins and sends you home with a $2k bill. Insurance pays $1980 of that bill and you have a $20 copay out of pocket.

Bloodwork stuff usually is taken and shipped off. You're given a website. You and your doctor get an email with the results and the doc will make any comments if something seems weird or off. That's been my experience so far at least.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Ya for me it's part of my yearly physical check up and was recommended once I turned 25 years old and onward.

For blood work is the same. I have to take my papers to a blood clinic (fortunately it's downstairs).
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Yeah, yearly physical here in the US, usually not an issue to get an appointment set up with my PCP (lol) about a month out, covered by my insurance, and yearly blood work because I have high cholesterol in the family, as well as my brother being T1 diabetic, so I get the full range to check blood sugar and everything.

No butt stuff yet, but at 35.5 it's approaching the age of butt stuff...

For dermatology on the other hand, that's a 4 month wait on appointments. I get yearly skin checks because both my brother and mom have had early stage 1 melanoma (grew up in hawaii), and I fucked up this year thinking it was like years past, which was usually a 6 week wait.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Grats DM! And condolences Killa.

I'll spare you guys the rant about our healthcare system.

The conclusion of Pain's attack on Konoha killed the manga for me. I'm still hypnotizing myself into believing that it was an editorial decision, but I never got invested in the manga again after that.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:03 pm Grats DM! And condolences Killa.

I'll spare you guys the rant about our healthcare system.

The conclusion of Pain's attack on Konoha killed the manga for me. I'm still hypnotizing myself into believing that it was an editorial decision, but I never got invested in the manga again after that.
Damn for real? I guess I'm just easy to please. Thought it was one of the best arcs in Naruto. 🤷🏾‍♂️
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:16 pm Damn for real? I guess I'm just easy to please. Thought it was one of the best arcs in Naruto. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Oh you're totally right. I was loving every minute of it and then "nevermind you're all back alive." That awesome feeling instantly destroyed.