There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

Kishi will forever be disliked for what he did to Neji. Just criminal.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:35 am
killacross wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 pm My wife and I are gonna marathon that next

A few months ago someone had linked to Naruto Kai. So I downloaded the entire series and put it on our home network (with my laptop) then stream it everywhere (with our smartphones and smart TVs).

Technology makes everything so convenient
Nice! I have more of a deeper appreciation watching it again. Then you remember how much anticipation it was to wait week after week for a new episode or chapter. The character development is out of this world for this show. Of course, a lot of missed opportunities. Not enough teenage/adult Rock Lee from Shippuden. Killing off Jiraiya so early. Of course the early ones like killing off Haku, would have been nice to see a time skip with him, same with Kimminaro. Sound 4 were so legit too. I can go on and on. I used to rage on not enough Hyuga clan coverage until I stopped caring lol.
Killing Jiraiya was great. I felt it. It made it real when Pain was rampaging in Konoha.

Then Kishi (or editorial decision I guess) reverses all of the destruction Pain did. Absolutely killed the manga for me.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:42 am Kishi will forever be disliked for what he did to Neji. Just criminal.
Went out like a chump with no development prior. Travesty.
killacross

Post by killacross »

OOOOOOHHH SHIIIIIIIT!!!!
My wife comes home from work yesterday and was visibly upset. She was like..."why are they trying to ruin my Christmas?" I thought she was talking about work...

She was talking with her brother yesterday on her commute home...and apparently after we left Thanksgiving, my nephew and BIL got into it. She didn't have details...but you know that side of my family is drama. And I have complained about that nephew for years now. Apparently the BIL and he were talking...and the BIL (48/49ish) punched him (18) in the mouth. I told my wife..."I don't even need to know the specifics...I side with the BIL. I told you that the nephew was disrespectful as fuck and was gonna get hit one day. Talk shit, get hit and all". My wife was like..."what? The BIL is an adult and should know better". I said "they are both adults...and getting hit in the mouth is a rite of passage."

My wife doesn't understand. But I told her...she's not a guy...so she wouldn't. We live different lives, in different worlds. I'll let you all know when I get more info...but I can't wait to write my Christmas, comedy, standup routine special....because IDGAF.

My preliminary thoughts are that 1. The BIL asked me DIRECTLY to contribute more to the family's finances [money is tight and they keep having these BIG family dinners. There were like 60/70 people there this time]...I laughed at him and said absolutely not. Their household tries to do EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. I said we ONLY support the parents...and everyone else needs to get a gottdamn job. 2. The BIL's household has been paying the mortgage for the SIL (nephew's mom) for the past year (and agreed to do it until March 2024). The nephew JUST got financed on a car...a 2020 BMW at that...23% APR!! (I haven't financed a car...ever...but that sounds INSANE to me. Especially because the nephew is working a BS job for his father's company...but apparently the father is not turning a profit and never has). and finally, 3. They had rum at Thanksgiving. The BIL thought he could outdrink me...not sure why. The nephew asked me to sneak him some rum and I did.

So I figure a little disrespect...mixed in with some alcohol....and you get a SHORYKEN!!!

...Shit happens.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:36 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:35 am
killacross wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 pm My wife and I are gonna marathon that next

A few months ago someone had linked to Naruto Kai. So I downloaded the entire series and put it on our home network (with my laptop) then stream it everywhere (with our smartphones and smart TVs).

Technology makes everything so convenient
Nice! I have more of a deeper appreciation watching it again. Then you remember how much anticipation it was to wait week after week for a new episode or chapter. The character development is out of this world for this show. Of course, a lot of missed opportunities. Not enough teenage/adult Rock Lee from Shippuden. Killing off Jiraiya so early. Of course the early ones like killing off Haku, would have been nice to see a time skip with him, same with Kimminaro. Sound 4 were so legit too. I can go on and on. I used to rage on not enough Hyuga clan coverage until I stopped caring lol.
Killing Jiraiya was great. I felt it. It made it real when Pain was rampaging in Konoha.

Then Kishi (or editorial decision I guess) reverses all of the destruction Pain did. Absolutely killed the manga for me.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:42 am Kishi will forever be disliked for what he did to Neji. Just criminal.
Went out like a chump with no development prior. Travesty.
Ya killing Jiraiya was needed and it leveled Naruto up on so many levels but Jiraiya was one of the favs. It would have been cool seeing him go up against Madara too and helping out in the ninja war. Although Naruto mastered Sage mode. With that huge as scroll he was carrying around for a bit I thought he had all of Jiraiya's toad ninjutsus.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Fucking life really does hit ya fast.

Political differences aside, I've been interacting with most of you all on some level for well over a decade( and I genuinely like all you bastards) so I just wanted to pop in for an update.

The wife was recently admitted to the hospital for pneumonia, so I've been playing Mr. Mom for a while. It was obviously serious in the beginning(otherwise a hospital trip would not have been necessary) but it took a scary turn when the fluid built up in her lungs imperiled her breathing to such an extent that it required intubation - which only exacerbated the inflammation (and I did not like the tone her Doctors were slinging ONE. FUCKING. BIT.)I Decided to take a leave of absence from work so I could take care of Ciara, and (Admittedly) leaned on my mother heavily to help........who decided this was the perfect opportunity to have a nasty fall and break her hip.

Needless to say with a wife in the hospital, a mother needing a hip replacement, and a screaming child utterly befuddled about whats going on....I took a real long look at that bottle for the first time in years and quite nearly relapsed. I honestly don't think I would have made it through this last month were it not for my father-in-law - who I've gained an entire new appreciation for.

Long story short (I'm too exhausted to replay this past month in long detail) my wife finally got off the ventilator and is recovering at home with a metric ton of antibiotics. My mother is scheduled for hip replacement surgery in two weeks, and Ciara has finally stopped crying (I swear this child is psychic; she knew something was wrong almost an hour before my wife was admitted) and I managed not to touch a drop.

I have no fucking clue how I got through this.
Fecking Christ.
killacross

Post by killacross »

You are our hero and we are proud of you.

We all pray for fast recoveries and complete healing for all.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

That's rough @Cane, prayers for you and your family 🙏🏾. I truly believe and know babies/children have a spiritual connection with their mothers, doesn't surprise me one bit.

Past couple services at church touched on stuff like this on how everything up until your 40's is addition, and after is subtraction. Encouraging everyone to look at the down times from a different perspective and lean on a higher power.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

I'm glad everyone is doing better Cane. You did wel not going for the bottle. When things go rough a man's real character shows.
You should be proud of yourself.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Damn
.. I am losing 2/3 of my tenants in January

.. One property is with a rental management company... I'm managing the other. I'm gonna use this chance to remodel... Then give it to the rental company as well.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I hope everyone pulls through Cane and good on you for not reaching for that bottle.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

New DC animated movie: https://youtu.be/Gx2srhhtB_c?feature=shared

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earth's Part 1.

This is usually DC's bread and butter, looking forward to this.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Customer service is a dying industry

.. I've dealt with incompetence left and right lately
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Best wishes Cain.
killacross wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:03 pm Customer service is a dying industry

Dude they're not gonna fix the ice cream machine at McDonalds for you...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:47 am Best wishes Cain.
killacross wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:03 pm Customer service is a dying industry

Mom and pop shops for ice cream. Customer service and IT over the phone service is expected to India at times.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://youtu.be/TAJm0ZP8CNA?si=JJhuoHPrXfPxe9Jo

They really bringing SEGA back 😳🤯🤯🔥🔥🔥
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:39 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:47 am Best wishes Cain.

Mom and pop shops for ice cream. Customer service and IT over the phone service is expected to India at times.
I was going to joke it was because of his race, but I didn't really want to associate a racism joke with wishing Cain well.

Also I'm white so I might get cancelled.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

This is true lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Andre Braugher died. He was 61. Black men just be dropping young.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ I heard, do they know the cause? Life is truly a fragile gift.

Republicans passed vote for Biden impeachment investigation.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The Friends actor died from an od related drowning

Apparently had ketamine in his system... Went unconscious.. And slipped under the water

Drug deaths are sad.. But not as sad as suicides

I don't feel sorry for either... But damn, it hurts because of my humanity

Edit

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/ugpTCfEVj3M