There we go

Dreed

Re: There we go

Post by Dreed »

On other world news
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... dApp_Other

Far right dude won election in Netherlands
With gems like:
"From describing Islam as “an ideology of a retarded culture” and calling Moroccans “scum” "

We are for interesting few years, decades...
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Everyone that is to the right of Bernie Sanders is "far-right" these days in the media so I guess I'll have to wait and see what else comes out about this.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

My favorite holiday
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Been awake since 6, baking bread, making dough, making sides.... finally got like 20 minutes to sit down and relax.

I love thanksgiving but man, all it feels like I do is cook and wash dishes...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/news-en ... -map-2023/

Scroll down the link to the pie chart in America by different states across the U.S. what pie does your household falk under?
Dreed

Post by Dreed »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:23 am Everyone that is to the right of Bernie Sanders is "far-right" these days in the media so I guess I'll have to wait and see what else comes out about this.
By European standards American political system is right leaning big time. Including your democratic party. Bernie would be centrist.

With that guy he is what is seen as far right in europe. Anti people of colour, very nationalistic, pro dictarioship.

He might not have enough power to form coalition though.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Dreed wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:45 am On other world news
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... dApp_Other

Far right dude won election in Netherlands
With gems like:
"From describing Islam as “an ideology of a retarded culture” and calling Moroccans “scum” "

We are for interesting few years, decades...
Wow, just seeing this smh 🤦🏾. Slava Russia, cause the EU hates them too. We gotta start respecting each other and use common sense 🤷🏾‍♂️.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The wife and I have been marathoning the Attack on Titan anime now that's it completed. So many twists and turns!!

This is my #2 favorite anime... #1 being FMA/FMAB in combination
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ It's definitely in the g.o.a.t discussions for anime.

Watched all eps so far for Squid Game reality show on Netflix. Its funny and the competition gets really intensive. Looking forward to the next couple episodes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Finished the AOT anime today. Great series with a crap ending. I can't think of a better ending. I just know that wasn't it
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:17 pm Finished the AOT anime today. Great series with a crap ending. I can't think of a better ending. I just know that wasn't it
Did you watch all the after credits? It gets you thinking a bit.
killacross

Post by killacross »

We probably missed some. We didnt realize they were sprinkled in until episode 40 or so...
Or are you talking about from the ending movie? We watched that. My takeaway was just that violence is part of the human condition.

My takeaways were Eren got his wishes, though they were fucking dumb.
I wanted my friends to be safe and be heroes...though I didn't have a plan". His friends were the new "Tybur" family - Eldians loved by the rest of the world.
-Kill all Titans from the planet (he literally removed all tians from teh planet)
-He wanted the world to be empty, ready to be discovered outside the wall...so he killed 80% of it
-He wanted 50 years of piece...it looks like he got 500

I did like the Rock, Paper, Scissors that the story ended up in. Eren wants to kill teh world to protect his friends...his friends want to kill Eren to protect the world...The World wants to kill his friends/family to get Eren's founding titan. But again...it put the author in a corner that he didn't know how to get out of...

Zeke wasn't wrong. The best option was to have the Eldians die out in a few generations by being sterile...(or by having each, following generation live shorter lives). Or maybe make the world inside the wall hidden/invisible to the rest of the world...I dunno.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:12 am We probably missed some. We didnt realize they were sprinkled in until episode 40 or so...
Or are you talking about from the ending movie? We watched that. My takeaway was just that violence is part of the human condition.

I wanted my friends to be safe and be heroes...though I didn't have a plan". His friends were the new "Tybur" family - Eldians loved by the rest of the world.
-Kill all Titans from the planet (he literally removed all tians from teh planet)
-He wanted the world to be empty, ready to be discovered outside the wall...so he killed 80% of it

I did like the Rock, Paper, Scissors that the story ended up in. Eren wants to kill teh world to protect his friends...his friends want to kill Eren to protect the world...The World wants to kill his friends/family to get Eren's founding titan. But again...it put the author in a corner that he didn't know how to get out of...

Zeke wasn't wrong. The best option was to have the Eldians die out in a few generations by being sterile...(or by having each, following generation live shorter lives). Or maybe make the world inside the wall hidden/invisible to the rest of the world...I dunno.
Well you just proved the AoT had a great ending. Yes talking about the movie, as the movie was the final chapter of the series.

In Eren's defense, we would all go a little crazy too if we could constantly see in the distant future, past and present at the same time. Even needed to fucking die though. I was a bit disappointed because he was such a good guy and then turned into a great villain.

I think that kid that went in the tree again with his dog will revive the power of the Titan. Misaka's love for Eren and both of their corpse slowly reviving the power. Half a millennium to do at least if it wasn't completely dead. Violence and death is part of humanity's flaw, no matter what we do, it will eventually come back. That was one of the take aways I got too. I was hoping Eren and Misaka would at least manage to have an offspring but alas, not meant to be.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:12 am We probably missed some. We didnt realize they were sprinkled in until episode 40 or so...

One of the biggest issues I had with the ending was how he handled Mikasa. She was basically Eren's attack dog and nothing more. Fans all love Mikasa but she's the most underdeveloped main character in the series, they basically love her because she can go "slicey, slice, slice real good". She is the same character in the beginning that she is in the end. Eren is similar but the twist is that it's revealed that he's been the way he was from the start. Mikasa had to be dragged along to the conclusion that Eren needed to be killed. Everyone else came to that realization on their own, even Armin but she took literally until the last moments of the story to do it.

Even then she basically simped for Eren for the rest of her life, and had she stayed an old spinster that would've been fine but it's heavily implied in the ending that she eventually gets married and starts a family. It's incredibly disrespectful to her husband and kids to constantly be going back to that grave and to wear that scarf. It's basically saying to her husband, "I wish you were Eren." and it's saying to her kids, "I wish you were Eren's kids". It's also disrespectful to the 80% of humanity he killed.

I think the more powerful ending would've been for her to say something like, "Thank you Eren, but now I'm free." and she leaves the scarf on the grave and starts her new life.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My typos are killing me. It's because I post from my phone 99% of the time and apparently don't proofread

I thought she married Jean... And was then buried beside Eren because fuck her family

And personally... She should have never visited the tree. Eren should have been remembered as the villain.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:07 pm My typos are killing me. It's because I post from my phone 99% of the time and apparently don't proofread

I thought she married Jean... And was then buried beside Eren because fuck her family

And personally... She should have never visited the tree. Eren should have been remembered as the villain.
Yeah, in the manga you kind of get a glimpse of the husband's features and they look very Jean-like. That must kill his soul, knowing that he's 2nd fiddle, and to speak like San for a second, it must really bug him that every time they smash she's thinking about Eren.

And you're right, she shouldn't buried him and left. He was not a hero, he wasn't a good person either.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^

Awww DM you really do love me. I was gonna say dis on sum Will and Jada shit. Imagine being one of the most desirable black male actors in the world and then Jada wishes you were 2 Pac everyday 😆.

I started re-watching Naruto from Chunim exam onward. I was thinking I must be getting old cause I couldn't exactly remember how Gaara lost to Deidara. I know he baited him but I forgot the clay spiders went through his defense.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My wife and I are gonna marathon that next

A few months ago someone had linked to Naruto Kai. So I downloaded the entire series and put it on our home network (with my laptop) then stream it everywhere (with our smartphones and smart TVs).

Technology makes everything so convenient
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Let me know how Naruto-kai is. I thought about it since my understanding is that it removes the deadtime and filler, but I haven't seen any anime in a long while.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:04 pm We know now for a fact that the government was going to social media companies to get them to censor posts. This was all revealed mostly during the Twitter files.

Also, locking people in their houses. You will disagree with me.
Keeping in mind that none of those were in the past 3 years - I don't disagree with you that governments should get social media companies to censor posts or be able to lock people in their houses. I do disagree with the notion that either of those things happened.
Friday’s release [of the twitter files] showed Twitter executives grappling with how to handle the New York Post’s story. It included no evidence that government officials asked the platform to censor it.
Also note that Facebook didn't censor it.

People were never locked in their homes. They were restricted from going certain places and congregating beyond certain limits in those places. Health agencies said "where possible don't group up and always wear a mask." The restrictions placed were ignored/not enforced in some places and 2/3 the population largely ignored the health agencies. We still managed to stall out the spread for a very small period of time, imagine what could have happened if people had actually followed through. Couldawouldashoulda.
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:23 am Everyone that is to the right of Bernie Sanders is "far-right" these days in the media so I guess I'll have to wait and see what else comes out about this.
Hyperbole aside remember that you mentioned Haley being tone-deaf for pushing Bush/Cheney policies and that no one wants. Those policies that were considered conservative at the time aren't conservative enough anymore. Mainstream conservatism has leapt to the right in the past decade. Programs from Reagan were DOA in the Obama window. The Bernies and AOCs make headlines because they're still left of the liberal parties enough to generate outrage. MTG makes less news now because she's not even the amongst the most psycho anymore.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 pm My wife and I are gonna marathon that next

A few months ago someone had linked to Naruto Kai. So I downloaded the entire series and put it on our home network (with my laptop) then stream it everywhere (with our smartphones and smart TVs).

Technology makes everything so convenient
Nice! I have more of a deeper appreciation watching it again. Then you remember how much anticipation it was to wait week after week for a new episode or chapter. The character development is out of this world for this show. Of course, a lot of missed opportunities. Not enough teenage/adult Rock Lee from Shippuden. Killing off Jiraiya so early. Of course the early ones like killing off Haku, would have been nice to see a time skip with him, same with Kimminaro. Sound 4 were so legit too. I can go on and on. I used to rage on not enough Hyuga clan coverage until I stopped caring lol.