There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Some sports documentaries I enjoyed on Netflix this week:

- Yogi Berra (Yankee baseball legend)
- Rene Higuita (Columbian football goalkeeper legend)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Half way through AoT final special. Wicked.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Wife and I are gonna rewatch the entire series.

Wild to think it has been 10 years
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

That is correct, it's been 10 years. I was just telling my bro that, I seen someone online make the comment. 10 years flies. AoT has to be up there on the goat anime list.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Today is the little man's birthday.. 1 year old

... Time fucking flies
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Happy Birthday to lil man. We just upgraded my son's car seat this week. He's happy that I put the 'big boy' seat belt around him.
killacross

Post by killacross »

my daughter is obsessed with the big girl seat belt <_<. She also loves to drive around the yard. She sits in my lap and I work the gas/brakes. She steers and parks. Love to see pure joy on her little face

..we bought her the combination seat years ago (gonna get the same/or very similar model for the little man in a few months). When she was 2 we switched to the forward facing one. It adjusts until she is old/big enough to use it as a booster...and then when she is old/big enough to sit in the seat. We only got it because of the ratcheting system used to put it in the car. It is soooooo much better than the traditional straps/clasps

How is your boy doing with reading? We are struggling with our daughter (she is really taking an interest in speaking Spanish though). She is smart...but she would rather play/dance/sing/watch ipad than learn.

We bought some flash cards...and are gonna try that instead starting next week (after our son's birthday party this weekend)
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I honestly don’t care. It's already been done with the animated show. It's like the creators of Avatar have nothing else to hang their hat on. The film was trash, Korra was ultimately a swing and a miss. Guys, do something else.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Gottdamn dude...so negative

Some people are like FMA was the best. Others say nooo, FMAB was the best

Me
... I'm just happy there were 2 great series
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:48 am my daughter is obsessed with the big girl seat belt <_<. She also loves to drive around the yard. She sits in my lap and I work the gas/brakes. She steers and parks. Love to see pure joy on her little face

..we bought her the combination seat years ago (gonna get the same/or very similar model for the little man in a few months). When she was 2 we switched to the forward facing one. It adjusts until she is old/big enough to use it as a booster...and then when she is old/big enough to sit in the seat. We only got it because of the ratcheting system used to put it in the car. It is soooooo much better than the traditional straps/clasps

How is your boy doing with reading? We are struggling with our daughter (she is really taking an interest in speaking Spanish though). She is smart...but she would rather play/dance/sing/watch ipad than learn.

We bought some flash cards...and are gonna try that instead starting next week (after our son's birthday party this weekend)
I'm seeing some improvements. It's a bit harder for me to gauge because I work 4pm - 12am since the start of this year and I don't get to put him to bed as often. Working afternoon shift is terrible if you have young children but I needed a change from my 6am-2pm shift. I'm able to jog and swim more during the day before I go to work. However, harder to sign up and participate in activities with my boy, so big trade off. I don't plan on doing this shift long term.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Airbender looks pretty and like they invested some decent cash into it - only real flag I saw was that the trailer makes it seem like it's super serious and epic instead of light-hearted. The only scene with Aang smiling was when the cute critter flies up. Not sure if they're trying to tailor it to the now-older audience or if the trailer just went for spectacle instead of being a good representation.

Also my turn for #2 on the way. Thoughts and prayers for the child having me as a parent.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:33 pm Airbender looks pretty and like they invested some decent cash into it - only real flag I saw was that the trailer makes it seem like it's super serious and epic instead of light-hearted. The only scene with Aang smiling was when the cute critter flies up. Not sure if they're trying to tailor it to the now-older audience or if the trailer just went for spectacle instead of being a good representation.

Also my turn for #2 on the way. Thoughts and prayers for the child having me as a parent.
Thought the trailer was epic! Congrats on #2 on the way Xandorxerxes!
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:33 pm Airbender looks pretty and like they invested some decent cash into it - only real flag I saw was that the trailer makes it seem like it's super serious and epic instead of light-hearted. The only scene with Aang smiling was when the cute critter flies up. Not sure if they're trying to tailor it to the now-older audience or if the trailer just went for spectacle instead of being a good representation.

#2 was so much easier than #1. Maybe because of his agreeable personality over hers...but mostly because you know what to expect. Before, if she was sick...panic...she hurt herself...panic

him...eh...that cough will pass...or just rub a little spit and dirt on it - he'll be fine

CONGRATS!!

All I know is they better have Toph making hilarious blind jokes....otherwise it loses 6/10 pts off jump
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

They better make Toph lit or instant fail. Watching 2016 TMNT 2. I never watched it before, but a lot better than I expected it to be.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Had lil man's party yesterday. Guess who decided a house full of people was the perfect stage to take his first stroll across the room

Lil man is walking

Daughter: 354 days
Son: 368 days
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:33 pm Had lil man's party yesterday. Guess who decided a house full of people was the perfect stage to take his first stroll across the room

Lil man is walking

Daughter: 354 days
Son: 368 days
I don't even remember when my son first walked, like the days that is. I do have a vid clip somewhere and could probably go back to figure it out.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...That's how I figured it out. We had a video of her second steps...because the first time she did it was a surprise for us. She was playing at the coffee table and I called for her. She walked about 5 feet over to me. We reset her and got out the camera and recorded. Looked at the video of her walking - born 5/7/2019 to first walked 4/25/2020.

For him...it was more or less the same. Born 11/8/2022 and first walked 11/11/2023. He was playing and everyone around had a camera out for some reason or another. He took a few steps towards the wife...then did a detour to some chairs instead. It was funny. He looked back and laughed at her like "I tricked you" - then fell on his butt.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

TIL that there's something called the "obesity paradox." Being obese makes you much more likely to have health complications, but comparing standard weighted people with complications to obese people with the same complications, the obese people straight up out-perform standard weight people.

Moral of the story - if you develop heart disease, become obese as fuck (/s).
killacross wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:58 am ...That's how I figured it out. We had a video of her second steps...because the first time she did it was a surprise for us.
I'm going to see if I can do this not to have a comparison but just to randomly bust out that knowledge at some point and try to score some points with the wife.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I just got a PowerPoint from my cousin on my dad's side that has a giant family tree that stops at our parents' generation (my dad and 3 siblings) and it goes back to my great-great-grandfather who was born in 1854 and died in 1939. My great-great grandmother was 30 years younger than him having been born in 1883 and she already had a daughter that he raised I guess. They had 12 kids and my great grandfather had 12 kids with...3 DIFFERENT WOMEN which my grandfather was one of them. This man was out there seed spreading like a mofo, I don't know if he had married these women but knocked each one of them up at least 3 times.

This was all happening in Antigua in the Carribbean. 107 great grandkids (my father's generation) stemmed from my great-great grandfather so that number likely at least doubles with my generation.

Shit is crazy and even solidifies for me the selfishness of "Oh...I'm just not gonna have kids. So I can go on trips to Bali and post on social media." There is no legacy like having a family, now the thing is to not be a shitty parent.