There we go

Haohmaru

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru »

Damn haven't seen the hodge twins for some time, they look like 10 years older with them beards.
These guys know how to exaggerate stuff and tell a story haha
killacross

Post by killacross »

Me either.. Not since their fitness days

Apparently, they are political commentators now :?

Edit**

Hold onto your 401k boys :lol:
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Amusingly sentiment is finally catching up to actuality. There was a perception gap for a long time after Biden started his term by business owners that our economy was shit and going to get worse. It was something to the effect of over 60% of business owners thought the economy was bad and getting worse, but over 80% of them said their own situation was fine or better. Those two numbers are starting to align to each other, thus Biden's whole "Bidenomics," but I'll continue to maintain that the President can't do much of anything to actually change our economy.

Congress on the other hand - the infrastructure bill was VERY needed, our infrastructure has turned to shit. I guess he can claim some credit for that.

I'm not excited at all he's running again, but HOLY SHIT did he finally make my life a lot easier by getting us this adequacy decision for the EU GDPR. Please please please can we have a sane Republican nominee.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm a little more pessimistic than you...

We spend significantly more at the grocery store weekly
We spend significantly more in gas and electric
My invesents aren't growing as fast as before

.. .but I agree it's not the president's fault
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I hope the orange man 🍊 wins again 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
killacross

Post by killacross »

Youtube suggested a Michael Jackson song....which got me down this rabbit hole this morning

I've known Michael Jackson songs and lyrics my whole life. Apparently I had to be 38 years old before I actually listened to the lyrics and realized what a lot of his music was about
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

MJ is forever the 🐐 in music 🎶
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Last 2 episodes leading to 1071 was great and most likely the next couple episodes of 1072 onwards will be great too. Laffy Gear 5 animated. Powers are insane and well suited for him.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I still feel the same as I did over a year ago, gear 5 is trash.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynU-wVdesr0

Just now getting around to this.
This is arguably the funniest video I've watched on Youtube in quite some time.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:41 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynU-wVdesr0

Just now getting around to this.
This is arguably the funniest video I've watched on Youtube in quite some time.
45 minute rant on why he hates a movie, movie breaks $1b worldwide...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ My Prime Minister says he's Team Barbie so obviously, Barbie is the best movie ever.

Why does everything have to be made about race? That Alabama boat brawl was just about a lot of unruly people that turned into an ass whopping and they just happened to be black and white.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:07 pm ^^ My Prime Minister says he's Team Barbie so obviously, Barbie is the best movie ever.

Why does everything have to be made about race? That Alabama boat brawl was just about a lot of unruly people that turned into an ass whopping and they just happened to be black and white.
I had no idea what you were talking about and searched Alabama boat brawl and the first thing from CNN "Video: Massive brawl breaks out on dock after Black employee is attacked"

And the narrator in the video continually mentions that the employee was black and the attackers were white. There is nothing in that video to indicate anything racial but they just can't help themselves.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:21 pm
San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:07 pm ^^ My Prime Minister says he's Team Barbie so obviously, Barbie is the best movie ever.

I had no idea what you were talking about and searched Alabama boat brawl and the first thing from CNN "Video: Massive brawl breaks out on dock after Black employee is attacked"

And the narrator in the video continually mentions that the employee was black and the attackers were white. There is nothing in that video to indicate anything racial but they just can't help themselves.
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/sta ... n5bwQ&s=08

Watch all 3 vids. Shit got turned all the way up.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Boaters: It started as "drunk boaters attack dock worker" but became "black people reinforce black dock worker and white people reinforce drunk people" as far as I could tell. Props to the one [white] dude who took a drunken swing in the beginning trying to stop the drunkards. Agreed that the quick turn to make everything race is not helpful. I've seen instances where things turned racial when they were clearly class/economical (the CVS cameras was one, iirc), and that means the problem doesn't get solved. Think I've ranted on that before.

Healthcare: American health care workers now suffer more non-fatal injuries than any other occupation. Are we winning yet? Staff shortages are getting worse, medical school debt is higher than ever, we saw exactly what was predicted after the abortion bans, and now we have violence against doctors. Traveling nurses and doctors make obscenely more than full-time employees (for example - Kentucky hospital asked for a travelling doc to fill a shortage that paid over $3,000/day), which just drives FTEs to quit and brings up the cost even more. Amusing anecdote - may have already mentioned this - OB residency applications significantly dropped YoY in states that implemented abortion bans, but the spaces are already so limited they still filled all of their spots. Amazing how that happens in a shortage until you realize that private hospitals don't pay residents/fellows, the government does, and hospitals only fill the spots the government will pay for.

Barbie: I haven't watched the movie, but my understanding from reading the more thought out comments is the point of the movie is that we should empower men and women, and that we shouldn't turn society into a matriarchy either by over-inflating women. The ending, again from my understanding of what people wrote, is that "patriarchy world is shit, but so is barbie-ville" or whatever it was called, and that emasculating men leads to bad outcomes. The current narrative matches with a superficial watching and causes a lot of outrage, so of course that took off. I don't blame the superficial watching - I would probably have initially done the same - but if it generates THAT much outrage maybe it should be re-evaluated with more thought? Maybe that's just me? Making a movie that alienates a large portion of the population (especially international) seems silly. They're going so far as to appease China with the map, I can't imagine they're intentionally saying "fuck this population of people that includes a large portion of Chinese people."
San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:10 am I hope the orange man 🍊 wins again 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
God help us all.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I too was out of the loop on this one...

but to me it looks like a prison fight. It may start over some minor...or even major "disrespect". But when the fists start flying...you group up by race...quickly.

It wasn't race related - until it was...but that's just the way tribes work. Employee attacked member of the tribe [drunk white guys]...then his tribe reacted. BUUUUUUT then the employee's tribe [black people] reacted ....Then it got out of hand
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:29 pm I too was out of the loop on this one...

but to me it looks like a prison fight. It may start over some minor...or even major "disrespect". But when the fists start flying...you group up by race...quickly.

It wasn't race related - until it was...but that's just the way tribes work. Employee attacked member of the tribe [drunk white guys]...then his tribe reacted. BUUUUUUT then the employee's tribe [black people] reacted ....Then it got out of hand
Bingo
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://youtu.be/RRAbda2h5-4

Okay, tell me what is wrong with this Biden video...... I expect killa to get it, maybe DM.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The weirdest thing to me was his neck line
What am I supposed to catch?

.. I haven't watched enough Biden speeches/interviews to know if he can be coherent for that long.. The biased highlight reels I watch always show the gaffs

Was it a real video.. Or a demonstration of AI?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:48 pm The weirdest thing to me was his neck line
What am I supposed to catch?

.. I haven't watched enough Biden speeches/interviews to know if he can be coherent for that long.. The biased highlight reels I watch always show the gaffs

Was it a real video.. Or a demonstration of AI?
Ya the neck line. Who knows these days if it's AI or it was a Biden double filling in.