There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ades3pQbeh8

One Piece official trailer.

And yes, if you're wondering why Coby looks so effeminate it's because he's being played by a woman that thinks she's a man.

Assuming they get that far, good luck trying to show Coby's glow up. He goes from being meek and tiny to actually looking like a dude.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:35 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ades3pQbeh8

Beat me to it. Trailer looks 🔥

Also Invincible season 2 trailer: https://youtu.be/ED1SJ1TA2Do
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

See this is one thing that bothers me: "Wealth, fame, power...I found everything this world has to offer..."

Roger didn't care about that shit. He was very similar to Luffy, he just wanted to live his life and have a good time with his people. What he amassed throughout his life was just a consequence of his doing those things.

That's really what I'm going to be analyzing with this show, all these people are reacting to how it looks. What I care about is if the characters act like themselves. I remember that character sheet describing the characters and how it got many things wrong about Luffy in particular.

I sent the trailer to my girlfriend and her response was, "I'm not looking forward to this at all." The Japanese will likely look into this thing very carefully.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:02 am See this is one thing that bothers me: "Wealth, fame, power...I found everything this world has to offer..."

Roger didn't care about that shit. He was very similar to Luffy, he just wanted to live his life and have a good time with his people. What he amassed throughout his life was just a consequence of his doing those things.

That's really what I'm going to be analyzing with this show, all these people are reacting to how it looks. What I care about is if the characters act like themselves. I remember that character sheet describing the characters and how it got many things wrong about Luffy in particular.

I sent the trailer to my girlfriend and her response was, "I'm not looking forward to this at all." The Japanese will likely into this thing very carefully.
I agree with your criticism and concern. One Piece has to be put in high regard or measure and be nothing short of greatness. It is part the big 3, has a long lasting legacy as big as Dragon Ball🐉. Don't mess this up!
killacross

Post by killacross »

That trailer looked so much better than I expected

Just means they edited out the highlights to showcase and the rest of the show will be ass. I bet even the dialogue is trash too. Netflix does a slightly better job of diversity hiring than Disney

... But it is still the cream of the crap
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:35 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ades3pQbeh8

And yes, if you're wondering why Coby looks so effeminate it's because he's being played by a woman that thinks she's a man.

Assuming they get that far, good luck trying to show Coby's glow up. He goes from being meek and tiny to actually looking like a dude.
Are you kidding? He looks more like a Trans-man after the "Glow up"
I still have no hope for this, but damn some of the characters look great -Mihawk especially.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Just got back from Jamaica 🇯🇲 with the family. Son got to experience life in the countryside and connect with his Jamaican side of the family. He had a blast. Mosquitoes were relentless though.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I... actually have more hope for OP after that latest trailer. The biggest cringe moment I saw was actually the scene pretty much straight out of the manga with Nami dropping down and Luffy putting his hat on her head et al. Not sure how much of that I should pin on Netflix. Also the way Buggy yelled out the name of his move.

But overall... eh?

Random note - I know how YT/FB/Google/etc. work in terms of wanting to show you things you'll click more ads on and the slippery slope it can lead people down, but it's interesting to experience first hand. Videos with more polarized titles on Congressional hearings started getting sprinkled in to my recommendations list, now YT has bumped me up to full on videos of Andrew Tate and videos with clickbait lines like "MTG obliterates Biden lackey" or whatever.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Another recent bout of celebrities dying increases with Sinead O'Connor.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Tony Bennett

.. Who was the 3rd? Or is she only #2? And usually it's in 3s... But there is a curveball
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I'm pretty sure there was a third but I can't remember who.

I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen and I'm on chapter 16 where Gojo reveals his ability. I still have no idea of WTF they are talking about and how all this curse shit actually works. It's pretty convoluted.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Gen V trailer: https://youtu.be/mmkLMXN_lpI

Castlevania trailer: https://youtu.be/wYvJZ3Itw8A

It's like my body is telling me it's not use to all the pollution I've been in the entire time after coming back from vacay. Sinuses is flaring up. FML, I've never had to worry about this stuff, feel like crap.
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:02 am I'm pretty sure there was a third but I can't remember who.

I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen and I'm on chapter 16 where Gojo reveals his ability. I still have no idea of WTF they are talking about and how all this curse shit actually works. It's pretty convoluted.
Watch the anime!!!!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Meh... It's not like the story is particularly deep
... Watch the anime for the cool fight scenes

I can't name 3 characters
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

It's faster to read the manga, I'll just knock it out and then watch the anime after. Now that animation studios follow the American season idea, they come out with episodes very slowly so it'll be easy.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I never considered that

DM... since you actually live in Japan... Do you actually torrent anime? Or do you DVR it... Or do you actually watch broadcasts and commercials?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:00 pm I never considered that

DM... since you actually live in Japan... Do you actually torrent anime? Or do you DVR it... Or do you actually watch broadcasts and commercials?
I still torrent, I don't watch Japanese TV at all...because it's terrible. I do have Netflix and so a few days after it comes out, it will be on Netflix (assuming Netflix carries it). Bleach for example is like this, basically when my girlfriend wants to watch it is when I put on Netflix to watch.
killacross

Post by killacross »

DM...what is your daily life like as a black man in Japan?

My assumption is that you wake up early...ride a bicycle to work [...my memory is you used to be a teacher, but they tried to screw you when you made a commercial for a competitor - then you do some social media work, photography work, podcasting work, and youtube on the side when you can...but after work you ride your bicycle home...and your girl will take the train over or you'll take the train over to visit her - cook a fish dinner, then go to sleep]. Of course that leaves out a lot -- like the kaiju and mecha battles you must see on a daily basis

Edit**
Well damn, was just explaining to my wife who Peewee Herman was... Then he dies the next day
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I do whatever everyone else does...just in Japan. Go to work, enjoy things and also work to make more money, lol.

And cancer really is such a bitch-made disease. Assuming no real outside factors contributing to it, your body just decides one day....nope.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Since when did Soap Operas have some many homosexual scenes in them? 🤯🤢🤮
killacross

Post by killacross »