There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

^^thats the easy part

he fights with 2 swords...and only has a finishing move pose with 3

I think the worst fighting styles will be Luffy and Nami. Luffy is just a straight up rubber brawler...

and Nami will essentially do rhythmic gynamastics with a shit ton of CGI. Sanji fighting with feet, Zoro with swords, and Ussop with a slingshot are easy enough to choreograph. Also, if it gets a 2nd season (which it won't)...CGI Chopper, Franky, Brook, Robin, Jimbe will all be hot garbage...there's no way they can't be
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Well technology for good CGI to make it happen is there now, but will they fork the doe to make it look good.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:17 pm Well technology for good CGI to make it happen is there now, but will they fork the doe to make it look good.
Based on the Luffy attack in the preview they paid enough for it not to look bad. If they hadn't done the whole camera zoom and slow it probably would have been just fine
killacross wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:27 pm ^^thats the easy part

he fights with 2 swords...and only has a finishing move pose with 3
I guess I didn't pay enough attention in the manga for that. I just always wondered how he was winning fights with one arm only half useful or otherwise having to turn his vision away to give him full range of motion with the arm on the blade side. Or break his teeth or have any strength to even scratch someone with it... But I eventually just wrote it off as Oda just going to do whatever he wants.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:39 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:51 pm
killacross wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:22 pm tldr

Hillary and Trump ARE completely different. He was president and therefore had the right to take certain docs. Same with Joe Biden actually (now).

Hillary was never president.
He admitted on camera(willingly) when showing documents to a journalist that he could've declassified the material he was showing when he was president but didn't.
Then he shouldn't be punished on technicality when he could've declassified himself. What a slippery slope.
Say what now?

I'm by no means in the "DRAW AND QUARTER THE MAN!!!" camp, but his entire defense (at least the first one, I've lost track of how many iterations we're up to now) was that he originally declassified everything as part of his executive authority as President, and now there are tapes of him literally acknowledging that he didn't declassify the very thing he was bandying about like an energy supplement on the set of Info Wars.

He blatantly lied, instructed his lawyers to lie, and directed them to hide the boxes.
That is as classic a case of obstruction as they come.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:51 pm
I'm by no means in the "DRAW AND QUARTER THE MAN!!!" camp, but his entire defense (at least the first one, I've lost track of how many iterations we're up to now) was that he originally declassified everything as part of his executive authority as President, and now there are tapes of him literally acknowledging that he didn't declassify the very thing he was bandying about like an energy supplement on the set of Info Wars.

He blatantly lied, instructed his lawyers to lie, and directed them to hide the boxes.
That is as classic a case of obstruction as they come.
Specifically not that he declassified it, but that he declassified it "with his mind." He's not even arguing that he went through an actual process.

To be fair to his lawyers, he and an accomplice actually hid the boxes from them. The lawyers thought they were turning in everything. That said, they didn't do their due diligence and took him at his word. My current understanding is that when the lawyers collected the boxes some of the "hidden" ones were still on the premises (and removed after).

Apparently cisgender is a slur now. Seeing as the 'cis-' prefix is literally just the opposite of the 'trans-' prefix, we now have transgender and not-transgender Twitter usage. Elon continues to show his "brilliance."
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

It's not a slur but it sure as hell is an ideological term that didn't really exist in any major sense until 5 seconds ago. I never use it and won't use it because it's a silly term.

I'm just a man. If a woman wants to think they are a man then okay, but she is still actually a woman. We have the term transgender man to describe these kinds of women but that doesn't mean they get to label me as something else because it makes her feel more comfortable.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

EDIT: Last paragraph is related to fun things and not IRL things for those of you who want nothing to do with that.
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:54 pm It's not a slur but it sure as hell is an ideological term that didn't really exist in any major sense until 5 seconds ago. I never use it and won't use it because it's a silly term.

I'm just a man. If a woman wants to think they are a man then okay, but she is still actually a woman. We have the term transgender man to describe these kinds of women but that doesn't mean they get to label me as something else because it makes her feel more comfortable.
Linguistically is it isn't a label, it's a description. For those unaware, 'cis' is just the Latin prefix opposite of 'trans' meaning "on the side of" (supposedly the use of cisgender began in modern lexicon/1994 from a person who derived the terminology from its use chemistry - cis vs trans molecule groupings). Banning the word cisgender is like saying we're not going to mention bicycles, we're only going to talk about unicycles with two wheels. Instead of "people who don't align with their sex" we just use "transgender." Instead of saying "people who align with their sex" we can just use cisgender. It just makes the conversation easier.

Putting a pejorative on cisgender is stupid and people who use it to describe people they don't like are stupid for using it that way.

Question for folks out here - I feel like the conversation around transgender boils down to one facet. We have "male" and "female" to mean anyone biologically male or female, and that's agreed on by everyone. The discrepancy seems to be the definition of "man" and "woman." One side seems to be saying that a man is someone who plays the functional role in society of a man, the other side seems to be saying that the definition is the same but also includes the requirement to be male. Why do you feel that requirement is needed or not needed (alternative to avoid a logical fallacy: instead why is my summary dumb)?

Or we can just go back to anime/manga. That's more fun for more people, I assume? I always like starting shit though. Obviously. Anyone read Sweet Home? I felt like I enjoyed it more than I should. It's an odd feeling.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:21 pmOne side seems to be saying that a man is someone who plays the functional role in society of a man, the other side seems to be saying that the definition is the same but also includes the requirement to be male.
Close. But not societal role... Biological. In general, one causes pregnancy. One carries a pregnacy to term. Cutting off your twigs and berries and hormone therapy doesn't erase that...

Past that.. There are general differences that come from society...but that is not the "debate" that is occurring. One side says there are differences between the two - so no men in women's sports and no boys in the girls' bathroom... The other says there is 0 difference and real men have periods and sucking a dick doesn't make you gay if "they" identified as a woman [at the time].

I doubt this ever becomes a manga/anime website again. We are all at different times in our individual lives where we don't have the time and freedom to read/watch unlimited series... Which I turn limits what we can discuss

But... Randomly, what do you guys think about the submarine mishap? I enjoy fishing... But my deep respect [read fear] of the ocean means I'm not doing anything close to that anytime soon (I did do a cruise 10+ years ago)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Man ya'll gay af

The internet mob seemed to react a bit cold to the people that died below the sea floor. I don't think they were told the submarine would be controlled by a 2000's Logitech controller.

Edit

https://youtu.be/qAhsn_TU4cc

Angry mother about cisgender/transgender stuff.

Edit

Avatar: The Last Airbender teaser on Netflix: https://youtu.be/QOg9LUIvaig
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm
I doubt this ever becomes a manga/anime website again. We are all at different times in our individual lives where we don't have the time and freedom to read/watch unlimited series... Which I turn limits what we can discuss

But... Randomly, what do you guys think about the submarine mishap? I enjoy fishing... But my deep respect [read fear] of the ocean means I'm not doing anything close to that anytime soon (I did do a cruise 10+ years ago)
I grew up in and around the ocean for 2/3rds of my life, I was what's classified as a waterman (surf, paddle, boating, spear fishing...) and as someone who has a seriously healthy respect for the ocean, this guy went about it terrible. When you look at what james cameron, robert ballard, and victor vescovo had to do to develop deep sea submersibles, you'll realize that this guy cut just about every corner he could. Carbon fiber makes a terrible material for compression forces (great material for tension though), so it was only a matter of when, not if, this vessel was going to fail. Cost cutting is one thing you do not want to do when it comes to true exploration, whether it be underwater or into space.

I've been down to 100ft underwater on a single breath hold for spear fishing, and even down there at just 4atm of pressure everything feels different, I cannot imagine what it's like to go that deep. The only good thing was that their deaths were quick. They existed, then before their brains could even register something happened, they simply didn't exist anymore.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Since when did the term man and woman become something you can play around with and use how you want?
The fact that we're even discussing this right here shows how infected our minds are by this fucking movement.
If you need anybody to tell you (in other words have that conversation) what a man or woman is you're already too far gone.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:03 am

I grew up in and around the ocean for 2/3rds of my life, I was what's classified as a waterman (surf, paddle, boating, spear fishing...) and as someone who has a seriously healthy respect for the ocean, this guy went about it terrible. When you look at what james cameron, robert ballard, and victor vescovo had to do to develop deep sea submersibles, you'll realize that this guy cut just about every corner he could. Carbon fiber makes a terrible material for compression forces (great material for tension though), so it was only a matter of when, not if, this vessel was going to fail. Cost cutting is one thing you do not want to do when it comes to true exploration, whether it be underwater or into space.

I've been down to 100ft underwater on a single breath hold for spear fishing, and even down there at just 4atm of pressure everything feels different, I cannot imagine what it's like to go that deep. The only good thing was that their deaths were quick. They existed, then before their brains could even register something happened, they simply didn't exist anymore.

Yeah, from what I gathered it was engineered to fail. What gets me is that if I am worth billions of dollars I am not going into anything where corners were cut.

I can afford the very best.

But note, I'm never going to be in that situation because I would never do something like that. Hell no.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ That old saying where you have so much money, you don't know what to do with it. That holds true in this situation.

Also, this so called coup happening in Moscow is unexpected.....
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Hashira Training Arc confirmed: https://youtu.be/rq1tllAUS1I
killacross

Post by killacross »

I just solved the sports and bathroom debate

Sex and gender are different... Ok

Use the bathroom of your birth sex, compete in the league of your birth sex

Male, female, intersex leagues
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched The Flash movie today. What did you guys think to those who watched. This movie has to be up there with one of the best live action DC movies ever. I liked how they explained certain theorems of time travel/alternate realities, and physics and science behind what it would be like to move the way Flash moves and things he's conscious of like moving people at hyper-speed. It's a damn shame we won't get to see this Flash and Sups in anymore movies together. We NEED a Green Lantern movie of Star Wars/Star Trek epic proportion.
killacross wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:44 pm I just solved the sports and bathroom debate

Killa just admit you want to tuck your penis back to your bum hole and tape it to the side of your leg.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:21 pmOne side seems to be saying that a man is someone who plays the functional role in society of a man, the other side seems to be saying that the definition is the same but also includes the requirement to be male.
Close. But not societal role... Biological. In general, one causes pregnancy. One carries a pregnacy to term. Cutting off your twigs and berries and hormone therapy doesn't erase that...
The biological is the part that I meant when I said 'male.'

We have to be careful with the pregnancy part of the analogy, and we can use one of the arguments from gay marriage to demonstrate it - if you define marriage as designed to procreate, then you can't allow people who can't procreate to have a marriage. If we design sex/gender around biological function, then you probably eliminate more women as women than you do if you accepted an extremely liberal interpretation of a trans argument. I'd also argue that cutting off the twig and berries does, in fact, erase you from causing pregnancy (har har har).

If we go down to a more genetic level, then we start running into a bunch of things Klinefelter and Turner karyotypes (XXY/XYY), which are relatively common(more than 1 in 1000), and even more less common ones.
Haohmaru wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:00 am Since when did the term man and woman become something you can play around with and use how you want?
The fact that we're even discussing this right here shows how infected our minds are by this fucking movement.
If you need anybody to tell you (in other words have that conversation) what a man or woman is you're already too far gone.
Because of the nature of language and the Platonian desire to fundamentally understand the world. There are lots of things that cause someone not to fit into the "man" or "woman" box. The psychological feeling of being the wrong gender is only one of them, and is probably only an issue because it involves psychology. Some people have physical negative reactions to just seeing their own genitalia. I don't even want to imagine being in their shoes.
killacross wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:44 pm I just solved the sports and bathroom debate

Alas...

The bathroom debate was always stupid to me. Just put a real damn door on the stalls and let anyone use the bathroom like a normal country. Problem solved. No one has segregated bathrooms at their house.

For sports if you change it to sex only then female-to-male trans will win every female sport ever. The issue with sports isn't with trans people competing, there's lots of data to show that nearly all people who transition perform remarkably average. The issue is that there are outliers who greatly outperform their new competitors. I think a lot of people would agree if I said that even if you allowed trans people to play in leagues according to their gender (the usual years of transition still required), the outliers who have an advantage due to whatever reason should still be restricted. That's especially so for the top performing youth leagues. For recreational and school leagues it becomes more murky given that the whole point of sports for youths is to teach them life lessons (resilience, teamwork, hard work, et al).

Teaching kids/teens that they should discredit anytime they don't win or just don't bother to play at all because someone has an advantage over them (fair or not) is, to use Trump terminology, the snowflakiest of snowflake sentiments. My comments comparing the trans outliers to Olympians has always been to show that there are always outliers for one reason or another - and so far the trans outliers aren't stronger than the non-trans ones. If instead of Lia Thomas transitioning an Olympic athlete changed schools, the girls beaten by Lia would have lost by an even larger difference.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So I asked the wife yesterday if I'm a bad parent, and this was a serious question. The other day my son (who I identify him to be) said "I'm a Lego" ecstaticlly. I turned around and said I REFUSH to acknowledge you as such! But during my company eLearning diversity training, they said that kids can begin to identify as trans as early as 4yrs old, my sons age. So I was like omg, am I a bad parent? The wife walked by me, rolled her eyes and said that is not a serious question. I'm a bit upset at her response. What do you guys think?
killacross

Post by killacross »

My daughter, 4, cut off her doll's hair. When we asked her why... She said she wanted her doll to be a boy doll and "boys cut their hair" ... Because she has watched "papa and brother cut their hair... And they are boys. "

We took her to the toys store and bought a Ken doll. When she got home... The Ken doll kissed all of her other dolls. Then she (my daughter) was pregnant and gave birth to one of her baby dolls.

Kids are weird. Could you imagine your 4 year old saying he was actually a girl? My 4 year old can barely read.. I'm not listening to shit she says
Last edited by killacross on Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

The 4 year old thing isn't that they're deciding they're trans at 4 years, it's that you may see indicators for the future. It's like autism testing before 2 - if your kid doesn't hit a milestone it doesn't mean (s)he is autistic, it's just an indicator that you want to acknowledge. I'm not a professional of course, so there may be cases of "nope this pretty much means your child is rejecting his or her alignment," but I had a college friend who used to tell her dad that she wanted to be a boy when she grew up because she thought that's just what happened (she was definitely not a boy).

Literature specifically says things like "girls wanting to play with trucks or boys with dolls doesn't mean they are trans." There's a lot more that goes into an actual clinical diagnosis, which is one reason why the APA has come out against all of these political statements that only do harm and give wrong perceptions.

On a related note my wife was enjoying a TV show until the main character got cancer. He went in for a treatment and the oncologist said "well, we have this new clinical trial, but if you sign up for it you might get the placebo instead so you'd have no treatment at all." That's of course not how the process works at all (you get standard treatment whether you're on the new drug or placebo), but she has plenty of patients who come in thinking that's how the process works because of shit like that. Same thing here.

Tl;Dr don't listen to politicians your kid has an imagination just let them have fun with it.
San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:58 pm So I asked the wife yesterday if I'm a bad parent, and this was a serious question... The wife walked by me, rolled her eyes and said that is not a serious question. I'm a bit upset at her response. What do you guys think?
Don't be upset, it's a compliment. If you were a bad parent she'd have walked away with your kid. If you're looking for actual feedback just ask her "hey, I want to be a better parent, what do you think I can do to improve as a parent?" That usually gets you bonus points too.

Keep in mind that's going to possibly insinuate to you that you're not meeting an expectation somewhere, but everyone can always improve. Don't get defensive. Just take it as a learning opportunity. Assuming she gives you an actual reply instead of just a "you're fine" or whatever.

Edit: it also means you have to try to improve on what she says or it's going to lose you points instead.