There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

... Wild

I've busted my ass... And saved.. And invested... And done without for years

Worth just barely under$2MM

...then some nigger could luck out and be worth 2.5x that overnight

That's why there's the long game...give it 5 years.. I'm worth $5MM and they're worth -$5.. Of course then there's all the other groups that say tax the rich
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I shouldn't laugh cause I hate the N-word but 🤭🤭🤭

You're the one smart kid in class and the teacher adjust the bell curve so everyone passes 🤷🏾‍♂️

But seriously though, after blacks got 'freed' by Abe they got fuck all, no land, good jobs, no voting rights.

Segregation ended in my grandfather and father's lifetime (not that long ago). Segregation ended in South Africa in our lifetime.

Blacks been getting fucked over for centuries and previous decades. What's one perk gonna do, it's a drop in the bucket. I'm just realizing the struggles of the first female basketball player Lucy Harris. Had no idea she actually got drafted in the NBA. Her school still doesn't want to acknowledge her, being from the South. I'll have to watch the doc later.

Anyway, enough of my rant. You're right you work hard for your money.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Here's the actual Doc with its silly template: https://sf.gov/sites/default/files/2023 ... inal_0.pdf

Looks like there may be more of the meat and potatoes of how they got that number released in July.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:14 am Here's the actual Doc with its silly template: https://sf.gov/sites/default/files/2023 ... inal_0.pdf

Looks like there may be more of the meat and potatoes of how they got that number released in July.
I don't care if there is a whole damn turkey...it's still ludicrous.

Guys...how would you describe our generation/age group of anime fans? I mean I'm seeing all these reactors and youtube comments talk about how they were brought into anime because of Naruto on Cartoon Network and I'm like, "Wow...I was 17 years old when I started reading Naruto (that was when it was first released in English officially) and One Piece and 18 when I started with Bleach and I had been into anime LONG before that."

Were we the first generation of widely accessible anime...be it through DVDs, pirating, or things like the on-demand "Anime Network" channels on cable? I remember having that at my house. We're the generation of companies like Manga Entertainment, ADV, and Pioneer.

It almost mirrors technology. We grew up going from analog to digital, from pirated VHS tapes to online anime. I was just thinking about how if you're under......30 years old, then you have no idea how difficult it used to be to actually get anime. Also, our dubs were usually terrible, they've improved a lot over the years but I'm just programmed at this point to watch everything in Japanese.

Ya know, if things like Naruto were the intro for a lot of these guys then they've never really had the more traditional drawing/coloring style of the pre-2000s. I mean...I guess with Dragonball they've seen it. Man, I love that classic anime art style.
killacross

Post by killacross »

We weren't the first

We were just the generation where it still wasn't socially acceptable... But we weren't rejected for it. Calling people weeaboos was a thing in our day...

Today, it is socially acceptable because of the death of Saturday morning cartoons. And of course... The woke trash of late... We were in between the 2 extremes.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

We were definitely the first gen to get accessible anime.

I remember when Real Player came out and you could burn a ton of anime, a seasons on one disk. That was like OMG lol.

I remember how amazing it was to get Dragon Ball Cell saga and Buu saga on disk.

The only way a kid could get accessible anime on VHS was if you lived walking distance to a flee market or your parents went to the flee market often and brought you. My church was walking distance to one. My bro, cousin and I would skip Sunday school and play Sega Genesis and Nintendo (the first one) at the flee market. We still went to arcade games and the Asian kids were like that NBA players there. Don't know why they were so ill in Street Fighter but they were lol.

I remember it was the coolest thing ever to see Vanilla Ice in the TMNT movie LOL.

I was in 1st year of college when I started watching Naruto/Bleach... OP came a bit later, then when I caught up I slowly started reading manga cause I couldn't stand ppl being so far ahead in arcs lol.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

We're all around the same age, but I remember watching saber rider and robotech when I was like 4 or 5. I think anime around that timeline were the first that got introduced to the west.
As for dubs. It really varied. Fist of the north star the movie has a great dub and that movie is prehistoric.
In general dubs were pretty decent back in the day. I don't know maybe it's because they used real actors who wanted to make a quick buck instead of voice actors they do nowadays.
I remember being really surprised when I read who played Isamu Dyson (Macross Plus one of my favorite mech animes). It was none other than Bryan Cranston (Walter white in breaking bad).
We actually had a vhs store that rented anime like 10km from where I live. So we would hop on our bikes on the weekends and rent anime and then copy it illegally hahah. One of my brothers friend had a copy machine.
I still have those copied VHS tapes and a lot of original VHS animes stored in boxes.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:54 am We're all around the same age, but I remember watching saber rider and robotech when I was like 4 or 5. I think anime around that timeline were the first that got introduced to the west.
As for dubs. It really varied. Fist of the north star the movie has a great dub and that movie is prehistoric.
In general dubs were pretty decent back in the day. I don't know maybe it's because they used real actors who wanted to make a quick buck instead of voice actors they do nowadays.
I remember being really surprised when I read who played Isamu Dyson (Macross Plus one of my favorite mech animes). It was none other than Bryan Cranston (Walter white in breaking bad).
We actually had a vhs store that rented anime like 10km from where I live. So we would hop on our bikes on the weekends and rent anime and then copy it illegally hahah. One of my brothers friend had a copy machine.
I still have those copied VHS tapes and a lot of original VHS animes stored in boxes.
I wasn't saying the first generation to be introduced to anime. People were watching anime in the 80s, I was saying the first widely available anime generation. Anime started to become way easier to get a hold of when we were teenagers, it used to be hard to get, there weren't that many widely available places to buy VHS tapes of anime. It may have had one tiny section in a video store, you had to go to anime shops and at that time they were all mail ordered. I remember getting the catalogs.

Bryan Cranston also did villain voices on Power Rangers. He did whatever he could back in the day to make some money.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:30 pm I don't care if there is a whole damn turkey...it's still ludicrous.
On it's face value, yes. It's technically possible that actuaries quantified some sort of damage value, but that seems like it would be a massive headache. They quantify all sorts of random shit every day though, so maybe not as much of a pain in the ass as I would think. I'll probably still write it off as crazy, but I'll at least let them show me how they got there.

As for anime - it wasn't a social death mark at my school, but you weren't in the "in" cliques or whatever you call it (I'm basing that on a couple of comments, of course I wasn't in the groups to actually know). I definitely bought some bootleg DBZ movies off of ebay, still have some old VHS tapes I think though it's possible my parents gave them away if I don't have them in storage somewhere. Pretty sure I have a few different formats/versions of Lodoss Wars, Macross, and Evangelion. Subs were amusing too - there were at least two series I got where they were fine for about 75% of the show, then it's like the translaters said "fuck it, they're invested" and stopped translating half of the shit or it made no sense.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Got what was essentially a cigarette butt sized chunk of flesh cut out of my back today. The unfortunate aspect of being white and growing up in hawaii...

Moderate Atypical mole, not cancerous but also not benign and could turn into cancer in the future.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

American school culture is so much different from European. Sure other kids would think you're a nerd or whatever if you were watching anime, but who gives a fuck. It's not like there were specific groups that you would belong to if you were interested or good in whatever. You're whatever you want to be. Nobody puts labels on you. Of course there's bullying, but not what I see in American schools (at least not how it's portrayed in news outlets).
I liked anime and the same time I was into football, basketball and I liked getting good grades.
Just because I liked anime didn't mean you were getting labeled as anything.
Besides I think the whole bullying comes from people not standing up for themselves and empathy from other people.
I was always big and strong so people wouldn't dare to fuck with me, but at the same time I wouldn't let classmates get bullied unless they had it coming.

@superbob, that's scary. Hope it's nothing and you recover quickly
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Glad it was caught and taken out @superbob, better safe than sorry 🙏🏾
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:26 am American school culture is so much different from European. Sure other kids would think you're a nerd or whatever if you were watching anime, but who gives a fuck. It's not like there were specific groups that you would belong to if you were interested or good in whatever. You're whatever you want to be. Nobody puts labels on you. Of course there's bullying, but not what I see in American schools (at least not how it's portrayed in news outlets).
I liked anime and the same time I was into football, basketball and I liked getting good grades.
Besides I think the whole bullying comes from people not standing up for themselves and empathy from other people.
I was always big and strong so people wouldn't dare to fuck with me, but at the same time I wouldn't let classmates get bullied unless they had it coming.

I never had any issues but I was also able to move between social groups. Because I played sports and was also not a weirdo I could move between the jock table, the nerd table and the "cool kids" table.

I was never a big deal in my school. The kids that weren't into anime never knew I was into it because that wasn't what we talked about.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:12 am
Haohmaru wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:26 am American school culture is so much different from European. Sure other kids would think you're a nerd or whatever if you were watching anime, but who gives a fuck. It's not like there were specific groups that you would belong to if you were interested or good in whatever. You're whatever you want to be. Nobody puts labels on you. Of course there's bullying, but not what I see in American schools (at least not how it's portrayed in news outlets).

I never had any issues but I was also able to move between social groups. Because I played sports and was also not a weirdo I could move between the jock table, the nerd table and the "cool kids" table.

I was never a big deal in my school. The kids that weren't into anime never knew I was into it because that wasn't what we talked about.
This was exactly the case with me as well between social groups.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My school was different then
...most of the anime watchers were the nerdier kids who were already social outcasts anyway...

Ask me about anime...I would play dumb. "Yea - I think I saw something like that (knowing I had my VHS programmed to record DBZ every day when I got home from school)"

And I moved between the cool kids, the popular kids, the bad kids, the nerds just fine....though there were not a lot of black kids in my high school

Going to college was my first dive into true anime fandom...and where I encountered different levels of Blerds. I was more of the dip my toe in type...versus the full immersion experience types we still ridiculed...but didn't reject. As I've gotten older - I honestly move the same way...I separate the two. I don't talk anime in real life past pop culture recognition. My in depth anime discussions are with my best friend and you suckas on this board
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:30 pm My school was different then
...most of the anime watchers were the nerdier kids who were already social outcasts anyway...

Ask me about anime...I would play dumb. "Yea - I think I saw something like that (knowing I had my VHS programmed to record DBZ every day when I got home from school)"

And I moved between the cool kids, the popular kids, the bad kids, the nerds just fine....though there were not a lot of black kids in my high school

Going to college was my first dive into true anime fandom...and where I encountered different levels of Blerds. I was more of the dip my toe in type...versus the full immersion experience types we still ridiculed...but didn't reject. As I've gotten older - I honestly move the same way...I separate the two. I don't talk anime in real life past pop culture recognition. My in depth anime discussions are with my best friend and you suckas on this board
College was definitely where I got more involved with anime as well, just because of the friends I made and the fact that I had fast as fuck internet and bittorrent started becoming a thing.

Also, I too didn't have many black kids in my school. I think I was one in 5 or 6 in my graduating class.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So...how about that Daily Wire vs Steven Crowder situation. I fully understand DW's business model and why that initial offer was structured the way it was and I can understand Crowder's feelings too.

Crowder leaking the tape left a bad taste in my mouth but all the DW talent going ham on Crowder makes them look really bad, especially Candace who acted like a complete asshat on both her show and Timcast.

Also it's kinda sus that they all did it at once and have attacking him personally. Crowder made himself look better by praising the people he knew at DW which was smart.

They also all focus on the money which Crowder said it wasn't about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjDOpHuUppU

Looks like they gave the Invincible team more money because this short teaser looks way better than the entire first season.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I completely support someone doing just about anything to themselves as long as they know the risks, but i'm at the point when watching sports that I would rather see a cigarette commercial than these fucking sports gambling commercials. It's become essentially half of the commercials are for sports betting and it's even to the point where the commentators are talking about the betting odds.....
killacross

Post by killacross »

...classified smassified

And just putting this here
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/XNft7KdLuiE
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:01 am So...how about that Daily Wire vs Steven Crowder situation. I fully understand DW's business model and why that initial offer was structured the way it was and I can understand Crowder's feelings too.

Crowder leaking the tape left a bad taste in my mouth but all the DW talent going ham on Crowder makes them look really bad, especially Candace who acted like a complete asshat on both her show and Timcast.

Also it's kinda sus that they all did it at once and have attacking him personally. Crowder made himself look better by praising the people he knew at DW which was smart.

They also all focus on the money which Crowder said it wasn't about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjDOpHuUppU

Looks like they gave the Invincible team more money because this short teaser looks way better than the entire first season.
#1 Invicible!! YAY!! Still miss Eve's comicbook costume.
#2 Was OOTL with the whole Steven Crowder thing. I haven't listened to one of his shows in years and years. I searched 1 YT video...and now my suggested videos are inundated with reactions and reactions to reactions. My understanding is they approached him with a $50M contract. He didn't like the numbers/contingencies and put them on blast for the terms (even though he never signed it).

I'd have to dig into it more...BUT, my initial, gut reaction is to side with DW. I would assume that social media is a HUGE portion of their proposed budget...so obviously - if you get the job and fuck up and not produce shows (or get Andrew Tate'd)...the money dries up...for both of you. I doubt the DW believes he could convert 100% his following into subscribers for them. Not to mention...there is probably already like a 90% overlap between the two...because I can't think of any particularly big issues that would cause a divide.

No idea what the others said about him...and probably wouldn't even dig into it that far. Personally, I'm trying to figure out my own $50M hustle...
though I'd settle for $5M at this point (still looking at you SF!!)