Re: One Piece 1072

Post by killacross »

I didn't follow this chapter too well

Too much happening at once
...just gotta wait it out
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Oda's classic problem of cramming his panels full of shit to where you have no idea what's happening.

All I know is that Kaku also awakened.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:30 pm Oda's classic problem of cramming his panels full of shit to where you have no idea what's happening.

And was about to get his shit pushed in my zoro. Seems Stussy was a plant by MADS/vegapunk into cipher aegis zero in case something like this happened.

Other than that, looks like Kuma removed his own memories and Bonnie might be awakened? looks like she was able to age the lock on that door allowing it to open.

And that was about what I got from this.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Also it looks like awakened zoans all have that fujin/raijin ring around them. Luffy, Kaku and Lucci all have it. Luffy's however is white.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:23 am Also it looks like awakened zoans all have that fujin/raijin ring around them. Luffy, Kaku and Lucci all have it. Luffy's however is white.
Yes except Luffy isn't a zoan type but yes.
superbob wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:18 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:30 pm Oda's classic problem of cramming his panels full of shit to where you have no idea what's happening.

And was about to get his shit pushed in my zoro. Seems Stussy was a plant by MADS/vegapunk into cipher aegis zero in case something like this happened.

Other than that, looks like Kuma removed his own memories and Bonnie might be awakened? looks like she was able to age the lock on that door allowing it to open.

And that was about what I got from this.
Good for you for catching all that. I don't know what the heck Stussy is about.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 am
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:23 am Also it looks like awakened zoans all have that fujin/raijin ring around them. Luffy, Kaku and Lucci all have it. Luffy's however is white.
Yes except Luffy isn't a zoan type but yes.

Nigga, please. First chapter 2071...and now this? DO BETTER, SAN!
killacross

Post by killacross »

... I guffawed
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Oh shit I stand corrected lol. I'm pretty sure that for YEARS we were saying Luffy was a Paramecia!

This must be a typo because Zoan types are based on some animal or mystical creature, Luffy is neither! I'll wait your apology at a later date when it proves I'm right ✅️ 🤪 😉 😌
killacross

Post by killacross »

....Ummm....Humans ARE animals
I would think you are being facetious...but with your track record

LMAO!! The bullying is all in fun though.

I always kinda hate when stories do this. It's the Super Saiyan effect. They mention this mythical [see what I did there SG?] ability...and after the first person barely achieves it -- suddenly it becomes common place (but leaves 90% of everyone else behind). Zoro and Sanji need a DF asap. Also...Chopper is gonna awaken his ability in the giant reindeer, monster form
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:27 pm ....Ummm....Humans ARE animals
I would think you are being facetious...but with your track record

LMAO!! The bullying is all in fun though.

I always kinda hate when stories do this. It's the Super Saiyan effect. They mention this mythical [see what I did there SG?] ability...and after the first person barely achieves it -- suddenly it becomes common place (but leaves 90% of everyone else behind). Zoro and Sanji need a DF asap. Also...Chopper is gonna awaken his ability in the giant reindeer, monster form
Ever since they mentioned awakening I expected every major player with a DF to eventually do it. But as far as we know, WB, Big Mom, and Kaido never did. Kaido definitely does not because he doesn't have the smoke puffs that the others do.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Okay like old times I had to pull sources. Take what you will but I think I'm right.
The term Paramecia was first used when Wyper witnessed Luffy's Devil Fruit abilities.

Overview
In basic terms, the defining aspect of Paramecia fruit abilities is that they do not enable the user to transform into an animal like a Zoan, or transform into a natural element like a Logia. Thus, Paramecia encompasses a massive range of varying powers. That being said, just about every Paramecia ability can be placed in three general categories: altering the user's body, altering the environment, and generating a substance. Some fruits fall into one of these categories, while others fall into multiple depending on usage. In addition, there exists a special sub-class of Paramecia-type fruits, known as Special Paramecia, though the exact details remain unknown.

Recently, the creation of Artificial Paramecia has been discovered by Vegapunk, using the Lineage Factor of real Paramecia users. However, unlike Zoan-type fruits, Paramecia-type fruits themselves cannot be created fully artificially, and only the abilities can be copied. Currently, the only examples of Artificial Paramecia are the Seraphim.[3]
Link: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Paramecia

So Wyper was the first one to describe Luffy's DF type.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 pm Okay like old times I had to pull sources. Take what you will but I think I'm right.
The term Paramecia was first used when Wyper witnessed Luffy's Devil Fruit abilities.

Overview
In basic terms, the defining aspect of Paramecia fruit abilities is that they do not enable the user to transform into an animal like a Zoan, or transform into a natural element like a Logia. Thus, Paramecia encompasses a massive range of varying powers. That being said, just about every Paramecia ability can be placed in three general categories: altering the user's body, altering the environment, and generating a substance. Some fruits fall into one of these categories, while others fall into multiple depending on usage. In addition, there exists a special sub-class of Paramecia-type fruits, known as Special Paramecia, though the exact details remain unknown.

Recently, the creation of Artificial Paramecia has been discovered by Vegapunk, using the Lineage Factor of real Paramecia users. However, unlike Zoan-type fruits, Paramecia-type fruits themselves cannot be created fully artificially, and only the abilities can be copied. Currently, the only examples of Artificial Paramecia are the Seraphim.[3]

Are you just trolling right now? I pulled directly from the manga where the elders say that it's a zoan. The next page explains that it's real name is the Human-Human fruit model:Nika. They just reclassified it which hid it's true nature.

It's actually similar to Sengoku's Buddha fruit which is also a mythical zoan human-human fruit. Sengoku isn't a Paramecia-type either.

Hell, Chopper was the first Human-Human zoan fruit we knew about I think.

Bro out here acting like Sam Harris with Covid, "You see, if covid were completely different from what it actually was, then I would be right so I'm right."
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:59 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:37 pm Okay like old times I had to pull sources. Take what you will but I think I'm right.

Overview

Are you just trolling right now? I pulled directly from the manga where the elders say that it's a zoan. The next page explains that it's real name is the Human-Human fruit model:Nika. They just reclassified it which hid it's true nature.

It's actually similar to Sengoku's Buddha fruit which is also a mythical zoan human-human fruit. Sengoku isn't a Paramecia-type either.

Hell, Chopper was the first Human-Human zoan fruit we knew about I think.

Bro out here acting like Sam Harris with Covid, "You see, if covid were completely different from what it actually was, then I would be right so I'm right."
Seems like awakened Zoan's get the clouds, whereas paramecia can affect everything around them (a la doffy). Mythical zoan's can affect everything around them along with having the insane durability of the zoan.

It's weird, Kaido could fly other objects, which is why I thought he would have been awakened, but he didn't have the clouds like we've seen for the 3 other awakened zoan's we've seen.

I would love to see more young garp and roger, as those two were able to fight on even terms with all these monstrous fighters with just Haki alone. And while it hasn't been implied, I don't doubt that garp had conqueror's, as there is no way he could fight evenly with roger and the others without it.
killacross

Post by killacross »

superbob wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:56 am Seems like awakened Zoan's get the clouds, whereas paramecia can affect everything around them (a la doffy). Mythical zoan's can affect everything around them along with having the insane durability of the zoan.

It's weird, Kaido could fly other objects, which is why I thought he would have been awakened, but he didn't have the clouds like we've seen for the 3 other awakened zoan's we've seen.

I would love to see more young garp and roger, as those two were able to fight on even terms with all these monstrous fighters with just Haki alone. And while it hasn't been implied, I don't doubt that garp had conqueror's, as there is no way he could fight evenly with roger and the others without it.
Kaido could float the island...but so could Momo
Momo definitely didn't awaken his fruit after having it for 10 mins...and growing up for 30 mins

as for Paramecia affecting the environment...I would agree because we saw Doflamingo and Katakuri. Katakuri was probably the peak example of control of a Paramecia fruit and awakening

And we haven't seen any awakened Logias....yet (though now that I think about...I doubt they can - because the power scaling could potentially break the world)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:01 am
superbob wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:56 am Seems like awakened Zoan's get the clouds, whereas paramecia can affect everything around them (a la doffy). Mythical zoan's can affect everything around them along with having the insane durability of the zoan.

Kaido could float the island...but so could Momo
Momo definitely didn't awaken his fruit after having it for 10 mins...and growing up for 30 mins

as for Paramecia affecting the environment...I would agree because we saw Doflamingo and Katakuri. Katakuri was probably the peak example of control of a Paramecia fruit and awakening

And we haven't seen any awakened Logias....yet (though now that I think about...I doubt they can - because the power scaling could potentially break the world)
With that said we can swing back to what I said before. Remember Luffy made the cable/bar elastic fighting Lucci which is an awakened Paramecia ability.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

We don't actually know what the other awakened zoan abilities are. We haven't seen Kaku and Lucci do much in the way of extra abilities. They are also normal zoans and not mythical. Mythical by it's definition implies out of the ordinary.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

We both made strong cases, one things for sure it's not black and white yet. We will have to wait and see for more information as the story progresses.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Luffy is 100% a mythical zoan, and Oda stated in an author comment or something that his awakened ability is to make his imagination real. So Luffy turning his environment rubber makes perfect sense, I'm sure we'll see him do a whole lot more.

That Stussy reveal felt random as hell. I wonder if we'll see Rocks soon. Whether he's alive or whether we see him in a flashback it has to happen eventually.

Zoans are weird you have types and models. Dragon dragon fruit model Trex. Sengoku has the mythical zoan human human fruit model buddha. Chopper has the human human fruit model human lol. And luffy has the mythical zoan human human fruit model Nika.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:44 pm Luffy is 100% a mythical zoan, and Oda stated in an author comment or something that his awakened ability is to make his imagination real. So Luffy turning his environment rubber makes perfect sense, I'm sure we'll see him do a whole lot more.

That Stussy reveal felt random as hell. I wonder if we'll see Rocks soon. Whether he's alive or whether we see him in a flashback it has to happen eventually.

Zoans are weird you have types and models. Dragon dragon fruit model Trex. Sengoku has the mythical zoan human human fruit model buddha. Chopper has the human human fruit model human lol. And luffy has the mythical zoan human human fruit model Nika.
Okay if you are recalling Oda directly stating this then it's settled and I was wrong. But it's stupid not to make Luffy a Paramecia, why not call it a mythical paramecia or God Form Paramecia. Luffy's abilities are more in line with Katakuri 🤷🏾‍♂️