There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:11 am
San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Bro wtf are you on Rings of Power certainly holds a candle, in fact it's the other way around. Latest episode of GoT was insane though I can't deny that fact. LoTR don't need to do the shock and awe incest thing to be entertaining either. Off the simple fact alone that the LIGHTING is way better gives LoTR the upper hand lol.
Sorry San, I was reliably informed by an inebriated Scotsman that rings of power is an absolute dumpster fire, a travesty of storytelling and a complete abortion of a creative endeavor.

No other opinions exist, that's the rules.
Ya I was speaking to this woman that's into fantasy in general and she was saying the readers are giving it bad/mix reviews. The pace is not for everyone, and deviation from the cannon plot is occurring, which I wouldn't know. They explain how Mordor was created which was genius in my opinion. Personally I say give it a chance, I've been enjoying it overall.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:23 am
San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Bro wtf are you on Rings of Power certainly holds a candle, in fact it's the other way around. Latest episode of GoT was insane though I can't deny that fact. LoTR don't need to do the shock and awe incest thing to be entertaining either. Off the simple fact alone that the LIGHTING is way better gives LoTR the upper hand lol.
Sorry San, I was reliably informed by an inebriated Scotsman that rings of power is an absolute dumpster fire, a travesty of storytelling and a complete abortion of a creative endeavor.

Ya I was speaking to this woman that's into fantasy in general and she was saying the readers are giving it bad/mix reviews. The pace is not for everyone, and deviation from the cannon plot is occurring, which I wouldn't know. They explain how Mordor was created which was genius in my opinion. Personally I say give it a chance, I've been enjoying it overall.
[SHOW]
Biggest deviation is the Balrog making an appearance in Moria in the 2nd age. The Balrog of Morgoth was named Durin's Bane as it slew Durin IV in the 3rd Age, about 1000 years before the Rings series.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Bleach ep 2 is out pretty solid ep, and just loving the new animation for Bleach as well. Good seeing even more old faces. I was talking to my bro about Bleach yesterday and we couldn't remember what day the anime used to come out back in the day. I just know One Piece always came out on Sunday. But was Naruto and Bleach on Friday's?
superbob wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:48 am

[SHOW]
Biggest deviation is the Balrog making an appearance in Moria in the 2nd age. The Balrog of Morgoth was named Durin's Bane as it slew Durin IV in the 3rd Age, about 1000 years before the Rings series.
I see.... I had to look up all that stuff. A lot of history in this series. So what 'Age' is this current series in right now? Also how much years before the movies is this series in again? Watched the last episode yesterday and looking forward to next season. I still don't get how we get from these Rings to thee ring I've grown to know this entire time.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:16 am Bleach ep 2 is out pretty solid ep, and just loving the new animation for Bleach as well. Good seeing even more old faces. I was talking to my bro about Bleach yesterday and we couldn't remember what day the anime used to come out back in the day. I just know One Piece always came out on Sunday. But was Naruto and Bleach on Friday's?
superbob wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:48 am

[SHOW]
I see.... I had to look up all that stuff. A lot of history in this series. So what 'Age' is this current series in right now? Also how much years before the movies is this series in again? Watched the last episode yesterday and looking forward to next season. I still don't get how we get from these Rings to thee ring I've grown to know this entire time.
It's kind of all over the place to be honest. Most of what's discussed is taking place in the middle of the second age (SA 1500-1800ish) but Isildur is in it who was alive at the end of the second age, after the fall of numenor. Not sure why they decided to go this route, there's an extensive cannon and they could have easily made a show about the first age, or really just followed cannon for the creation of the rings....
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:03 am https://tomwoods.com/ep-2219-the-absurd ... es-trials/

Some things about the Alex Jones case.
I feel like I'm going to regret this, but I like legal readings - is there a transcript or some other place he hosts this that I don't know of? When I tried to listen on his site I had to allow 8 different services and it still wouldn't run for me (uMatrix is great, but it intentionally breaks everything) so I gave up on that. If this is the only location I'll give it another go.

As for Chainsaw - I feel like action anime translate best to mini-series. You don't have so much fluff of pan shots and filler but it's longer than a movie so you can get all the good bits in. I also feel the more psychological series don't translate too well. I'm trying to think of a non-action series that actually held my attention, and the only one coming to mind is Monster. I also can't remember shit.

I've been enjoying horror manga lately, but I haven't really seen any horror anime. Are there any y'all would recommend? Anime or manga really.

Kid is getting near the first birthday and both sets of grandparents are about to converge on us and asking us how we're planning on celebrating. What in the hell would you even do for a first birthday?
killacross

Post by killacross »

cake, ice cream, beer, liquor, grill out (weather permitting)...and pictures
...the rest sorts itself out.

Also -- don't let your kid touch the candle or the flame. Down to <4 weeks for kid #2. Really excited. Really nervous. Not really scared at all except praying her water breaks at home again
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:45 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:03 am https://tomwoods.com/ep-2219-the-absurd ... es-trials/

Some things about the Alex Jones case.
I feel like I'm going to regret this, but I like legal readings - is there a transcript or some other place he hosts this that I don't know of? When I tried to listen on his site I had to allow 8 different services and it still wouldn't run for me (uMatrix is great, but it intentionally breaks everything) so I gave up on that. If this is the only location I'll give it another go.
I don't know because I listen on my phone through a podcast app.

And first birthdays are more about the guests than the child because they're too young to really care that much.Tell them not to overdo it on toy gifts because they're mostly gonna go unused.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:22 pm cake, ice cream, beer, liquor, grill out (weather permitting)...and pictures
...the rest sorts itself out.

Also -- don't let your kid touch the candle or the flame. Down to <4 weeks for kid #2. Really excited. Really nervous. Not really scared at all except praying her water breaks at home again
All the best man, send a pic or two when you get a chance.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched Black Adam movie was decent enough and entertained me. I'm pretty confident killa and DM will probably not like it though.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

What in god's name were they thinking with Halloween Ends? Wow, Michael Myers deserves better as such an icon of horror.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

San Goku wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:06 pm Watched Black Adam movie was decent enough and entertained me. I'm pretty confident killa and DM will probably not like it though.
I agree. Your average simple action movie with nice action.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

When you give Kanye West time to explain himself he makes sense. He really needs a pr team who he trust to tell him not to post certain shit. The root of his post comes from majority Jewish businesses screw over black people in the entertainment industry with their contracts (NFL, NBA, music, acting). I am inclined to believe him. Caught his interview with Piers Morgan.
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:03 am What in god's name were they thinking with Halloween Ends? Wow, Michael Myers deserves better as such an icon of horror.
Jamie Lee Curtis just needs to let it go. I didn't even bother watching the Trailer lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:51 pm When you give Kanye West time to explain himself he makes sense. He really needs a pr team who he trust to tell him not to post certain shit. The root of his post comes from majority Jewish businesses screw over black people in the entertainment industry with their contracts (NFL, NBA, music, acting). I am inclined to believe him. Caught his interview with Piers Morgan.
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:03 am What in god's name were they thinking with Halloween Ends? Wow, Michael Myers deserves better as such an icon of horror.
Jamie Lee Curtis just needs to let it go. I didn't even bother watching the Trailer lol.
Michael Myers is on screen for like 10 minutes.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:54 pm
San Goku wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:51 pm When you give Kanye West time to explain himself he makes sense. He really needs a pr team who he trust to tell him not to post certain shit. The root of his post comes from majority Jewish businesses screw over black people in the entertainment industry with their contracts (NFL, NBA, music, acting). I am inclined to believe him. Caught his interview with Piers Morgan.
Michael Myers is on screen for like 10 minutes.
Wtf that's insane lol
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Dude......
I'm not sure what interview you saw, but what I viewed was a mentally unstable individual so incoherent and intellectually regressive I thought I was watching the devolution of a human being in real time.

This is the pitfall of elevating mental illness for the sake of status and credibility, you end up being forced like Candace Owens (The queen of grift) to bend yourself into a veritable pretzel to make sense of the inanity, when the simpler conclusion is that Kanye has no fucking clue what he is saying half the time.

Sans Kanye's political "transition" back in the early years of the Trump administration, there would be no functional benefit to his ramblings and conservatives wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. But now that he is seen as a luminary for the anti-woke and blexit movements, ill motivated influence peddlers will flock to him like seagulls to a school of herring to scoop out what they can for their own benefit.

He's the rights version of Greta Thurnberg.

The highlights are so unbelievable I'm still not fully convinced he's not acting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wksFG5tXZsg
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Dude......
I'm not sure what interview you saw, but what I viewed was a mentally unstable individual so incoherent and intellectually regressive I thought I was watching the devolution of a human being in real time.

This is the pitfall of elevating mental illness for the sake of status and credibility, you end up being forced like Candace Owens (The queen of grift) to bend yourself into a veritable pretzel to make sense of the inanity, when the simpler conclusion is that Kanye has no fucking clue what he is saying half the time.

Sans Kanye's political "transition" back in the early years of the Trump administration, there would be no functional benefit to his ramblings and conservatives wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. But now that he is seen as a luminary for the anti-woke and blexit movements, ill motivated influence peddlers will flock to him like seagulls to a school of herring to scoop out what they can for their own benefit.

He's the rights version of Greta Thurnberg.

The highlights are so unbelievable I'm still not fully convinced he's not acting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wksFG5tXZsg
^^^ Just want to say that I agree he is mentally unstable, he's also a genius too and both can be true. I'm just trying to say the more I had the time to listen to him the more I understood where he was coming from, and he seemed less crazy. Kanye has his limitations, he doesn't know how to articulate his thoughts properly.... of course he says some dumb and outrageous stuff, like the George Floyd and I was right there with Piers Morgan. Then they started talking about the Jew tweet and I never heard it until the interview. Been listening to Kanye for more than 2 decades so for me personally I assume he doesn't literally mean kill every Jew. He's a Rapper, and Rappers use a lot of subliminal messages. He needs a PR team who he trust so that they can tell him to stfu sometimes and he'll listen. When you reach that level of success you gotta know the drop is a lot harder. Kim Kardashian just needs to take Kanye back lol.

Lmao at the rights Greta. Kanye is self made billionaire so I just remind myself that behind the madness is a lot of genius.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Jay Z said he put Kanye on
...he said Rockafella made 3 billionaires..him, Kanye, and Rihanna

anyway...working on my own billions ATM. I decided that I am gonna interview and get a 100% remote position. I am trying to start around the time I take paternity leave. Then when I come back...let that kinda die out and/or get fired. I could potentially skyrocket my income short term...and if I can just get 3-4 paychecks before they catch on...I'll blow a Doordash or Uber career outta the water
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:28 pm Jay Z said he put Kanye on
...he said Rockafella made 3 billionaires..him, Kanye, and Rihanna

anyway...working on my own billions ATM. I decided that I am gonna interview and get a 100% remote position. I am trying to start around the time I take paternity leave. Then when I come back...let that kinda die out and/or get fired. I could potentially skyrocket my income short term...and if I can just get 3-4 paychecks before they catch on...I'll blow a Doordash or Uber career outta the water
I want to make billions with you. Pretty much hate my job for a number of reasons now.

Edit

Just had a thought and plot twist. Yeezy tanked his Empire as an ongoing battle with Gap/Adidas in order to have rights to his designs.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://youtu.be/9asuWk-4F-E

Oh Griffy.

Kanye has mental illness issues, hasn't he said as much as well? There are times when he's not saying anything particularly extreme like when he spoke about being pro-life and his whole White Lives Matter situation (that had more to do with others' reaction to it than Kanye himself) there are times when he says things that are so wrapped up in his mental issues that you have to sit there and decode what he's trying to say and you can find a solid point and then there are times where he's just off.

Just on an optics level, it is funny that he can say all kinds of crazy shit but the minute he mentions Jewish people + control of media and finance he suddenly starts having everything taken from him. I mean people can wish death on white people and none of that would happen.

Just pointing out the optics of it.

Honestly, I think more people need to take ideas from the Jewish culture. Jewish people are one of the most insular groups on earth, a lot of that came out of necessity but it's also how the culture/religion works. Do you know how hard it is to convert to Judaism? It's not a proselytizing religion like Christianity is. The idea of Christianity is fundamentally about saving as many people as possible by introducing them to Jesus and God. Judaism gives zero fucks about bringing outsiders into the fold, you have to prove your commitment to them, not the other way around and I'm not mad at them for it.

One of my good friends back in college was Jewish and we were both in the film department, he was a super-talented guy. He told me about if he headed out to California that he could join a large group within the film industry that specifically only Jews could join and how they would help each other get work. And seeing who just happens to have a really big influence in Hollywood it would be stupid not to join.

Orthodox Jews are even more insular and Hasidic Judaism is even more so.

Other people need to start doing more of that. I don't mean necessarily from only a racial/ethnic perspective (although I'm not against that) but if you're a giant communist then go have a group that helps all of you get jobs and resources (although they're communist so they'd want to just take what others have and claim that they don't own it so that group wouldn't work).

If you're a libertarian then have a large group of "your people" and help each other move up in the world.

That's starting to happen now where communities are being built where like-minded people can support each other but the Jews have been doing this shit for thousands of years.

I think somewhere in Kanye's mental episodes that's the point he's trying to get to, creating an environment where black people have control over their own and don't need those at the top that he feels continually wrong blacks. It just so happens that many of the people at the top are Jewish and therefore that's where his brain goes.

I have no idea though.

Also, due to Kanye's fickle nature, it's impossible for him to be the "the right's Greta" because he changes so much, Kanye is Kanye's Greta. Kanye is now basically free of every major contract he had so in a sense he's uncaged, I wonder what happens now.

Where's the TAL insular group at? We've known each other since we were at least what...19-20? We gotta take over the world.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Because it feels like less than 10 of us still sign into this thread regularly

But.. I have engineering skills, a decent bank acct, money management skills, and some pharma connections with a great work history and good rapport

My wife can help corner the Spanish sepaking market
What else you all got?