There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

So anyway -- about the wife. Occasionally...we have a conversation and she will let something slip that just catches me completely off guard. Just things that we are morally/diametrically opposed on.

One example -- not sure if I shared this...but it was from years ago...there was a coworker for me and Ms Thickums from a few years back at the last site. He tells Ms Thickums that he is Bi (no idea how the conversation came up...but not important). Ms Thickums tells me that same day...or maybe the next. I said "Well...I'm married, so we aren't competing for women anyway, I don't care...but honestly, I don't like that you told me...it wasn't your place to do that. She said -- Oh, no...I asked him first and he said it was fine.....buuuuuut....I won't lie, I probably would have told you eventually anyway. When I shared this info with my wife later that day/week. My wife is like "What's the problem? You don't have to keep secrets for people that you don't trust." That blows my mind.

So the newest instance. Time to change the blades on my riding mower. I decided to upgrade and get mulching blades...and a mulching plug kit. I installed the blades. Installed the mulching plug. I cut 95% of my grass and hit a fucking boulder in the yard. It breaks the plug and bends my blades. I thought...weeeeeeelllllll....I have a few more strips to cut...so I'll finish it up...then make the repairs. A few hours later, my neighbor rings the doorbell. He's like -- "can you do me a favor? Can you lift your blade height a few inches/settings?" I thought it was weird..but yea...sure...no problem. He goes -- "I'm not blaming you...and obviously can't prove anything because I was at work...but my car window has been shattered. I know that I cut with the setting too low and broke a window on the other side of my house a few weeks ago." I said no problem and he leaves.

Anyway -- a few minutes later...I walk over to him and said..."lemme know when you get it fixed. We'll pay for it. Obviously, can't prove anything...but yea - I probably did it." He was like...cool.

I was talking to my wife later about it and she was actually pissed. I asked why? And she's like -- "Why SHOULD we pay for it?" I said because I probably broke his window. She's like "But he can't PROVE anything". Again, just blows my mind. I said "He doesn't need to PROVE it...but he's CONVINCED me."

Am I wrong?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:33 am So anyway -- about the wife. Occasionally...we have a conversation and she will let something slip that just catches me completely off guard. Just things that we are morally/diametrically opposed on.

One example -- not sure if I shared this...but it was from years ago...there was a coworker for me and Ms Thickums from a few years back at the last site. He tells Ms Thickums that he is Bi (no idea how the conversation came up...but not important). Ms Thickums tells me that same day...or maybe the next. I said "Well...I'm married, so we aren't competing for women anyway, I don't care...but honestly, I don't like that you told me...it wasn't your place to do that. She said -- Oh, no...I asked him first and he said it was fine.....buuuuuut....I won't lie, I probably would have told you eventually anyway. When I shared this info with my wife later that day/week. My wife is like "What's the problem? You don't have to keep secrets for people that you don't trust." That blows my mind.

So the newest instance. Time to change the blades on my riding mower. I decided to upgrade and get mulching blades...and a mulching plug kit. I installed the blades. Installed the mulching plug. I cut 95% of my grass and hit a fucking boulder in the yard. It breaks the plug and bends my blades. I thought...weeeeeeelllllll....I have a few more strips to cut...so I'll finish it up...then make the repairs. A few hours later, my neighbor rings the doorbell. He's like -- "can you do me a favor? Can you lift your blade height a few inches/settings?" I thought it was weird..but yea...sure...no problem. He goes -- "I'm not blaming you...and obviously can't prove anything because I was at work...but my car window has been shattered. I know that I cut with the setting too low and broke a window on the other side of my house a few weeks ago." I said no problem and he leaves.

Anyway -- a few minutes later...I walk over to him and said..."lemme know when you get it fixed. We'll pay for it. Obviously, can't prove anything...but yea - I probably did it." He was like...cool.

I was talking to my wife later about it and she was actually pissed. I asked why? And she's like -- "Why SHOULD we pay for it?" I said because I probably broke his window. She's like "But he can't PROVE anything". Again, just blows my mind. I said "He doesn't need to PROVE it...but he's CONVINCED me."

Am I wrong?
How do you break a window cutting grass?

No you're not wrong. I think it's funny that she will just throw out money for ungrateful family that thinks you owe them your money but keeping out a few bucks to just keep your relationships with neighbors on as good of terms as possible....nah dawg.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Mower blade spins .. Hits rock... Rock goes flying (plus my blade guard broke.. And that was the 5% area that I cut without the guard)

Happens with a weedeater more often than a mower

But it is 10000% probable that I did it

Update... My neighbors think we are young. They are mid 20s. They messaged today to say that the repair was really, really expensive... And they're willing to go half. $350 repair in total. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sent the money 30 secs later. :roll:

Aaaaand.. The immortal died today

Queen Elizabeth dead at 96
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Prince Charles finally gonna be King...and the UK is NOT gonna happy with Harry and you know who coming back for the funeral.

Pretty crazy that the woman was already on the throne for 30 years by the we were all born.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Long life lived to that queen. Her ancestors enslaved my ancestors but she seemed like a nice old lady, R.I.P.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:29 pm Prince Charles finally gonna be King...and the UK is NOT gonna happy with Harry and you know who coming back for the funeral.

Pretty crazy that the woman was already on the throne for 30 years by the we were all born.
Charles is already King, ascension begins at the very moment of death of the previous monarch.
English royal coronations are just ostentatious ceremonies, whereby all the constituent hereditary lines gather together in one big royal orgy and proclaim in rote unanimity the divine nature of a bloodline, and the Archbishop of Canterbury places a silly hat on a head.

It's just one giant party for the entitled.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

You know we are going to hear about Royal drama in the coming months. I'll have to hear the women around me be so excited to talk about it 🙄😩
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:56 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:29 pm Prince Charles finally gonna be King...and the UK is NOT gonna happy with Harry and you know who coming back for the funeral.

Charles is already King, ascension begins at the very moment of death of the previous monarch.
At least he can finally stop singing "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" from the Lion King.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Poison Ivy is a fat lesbian now...we have been in a post-beauty society for a while now.

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^

@ Poison Ivy 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

You know what's funny I'm watching She-Hulk with the wife and her mom and I see She-Hulk in an unattractive women's suit. I'm like look at the pic of the She-Hulk I grew up with and what they try to make her look like now.

Pic 1: https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/up ... =768%2C432

Pic 2: https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage ... 152634.jpg

Pic 3: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... tFyANF8o_Q

Good article on Marvel messing up She-Hulk with the sexist stuff.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a411 ... r-walters/

The show seem good at first, still kind of okay with it but man they really crept the sexist woke stuff up every episode.
killacross

Post by killacross »

NO!! Poison Ivy is supposed to show us what a vegan diet can do to the body

WTGDF?

**********Random:****************

Guys - I wanna start a fentanyl or crystal meth empire...serious. Legit money/assets is too slow
I have a shit ton of seed money

I have plenty of contacts around me...but they are all pretty much dumb niggers. I need a higher class of clientele

PM me contact info or references
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:22 pm NO!! Poison Ivy is supposed to show us what a vegan diet can do to the body

WTGDF?

**********Random:****************

Guys - I wanna start a fentanyl or crystal meth empire...serious. Legit money/assets is too slow
I have a shit ton of seed money

I have plenty of contacts around me...but they are all pretty much dumb niggers. I need a higher class of clientele

PM me contact info or references
Bruh put me on any type of legitimate business that can put some change in my pocket. I'm broke, all my investments went to the shitter, interest rates climbing and inflation climbing.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Everyone's investments are down...The only way you make legit money like that is by keeping your income "high", debt at 0, your expenses low, and your savings rate high. It is all behavior + discipline + time. Controlling lifestyle creep as your income rises. The "time" portion is what sucks. You can't cheat time.

...which is why I want my empire. I want fast money. Just finished Better Call Saul. I have to think about it some more because I didn't understand the ending. But thinking back -- I'm starting to understand more and more and more about how good the writers are.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:53 am Everyone's investments are down...The only way you make legit money like that is by keeping your income "high", debt at 0, your expenses low, and your savings rate high. It is all behavior + discipline + time. Controlling lifestyle creep as your income rises. The "time" portion is what sucks. You can't cheat time.

...which is why I want my empire. I want fast money. Just finished Better Call Saul. I have to think about it some more because I didn't understand the ending. But thinking back -- I'm starting to understand more and more and more about how good the writers are.
Better Call Saul is really that good eh? Maybe I should get on it. I loved Breaking Bad.

A co-worker of mine is able to retire early (leave without pay to potentially retire). Been off for 2 years, in his mid 50's. He has a couple properties. Thinking about coming back just to work for a year because of the market but can be comfortable if he decides not to come back.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Breaking Bad was superior to/more entertaining than Better Call Saul. Better Call Saul has better writing though. A LOT better. Something that I just realized about the show...they do this whole color vs gray scale gimmick. Originally, I thought it was just to distinguish present day vs past day...but it's because Saul's life has become so boring and draining...it's sucked the life out of everything. Or thinking back to how the relationship ended and why they said they were bad for eachother. It was because they hurt everyone around them...but then lie to themselves and eachother about it. Also -- I had an epiphany about how one guy faked his death...because when I first saw the scene - I thought..."What a weird thing to say"....then it hit me like 3 episodes later. The show was written incredibly well..and if I went back and marathoned it - I'm sure I'd find a ton of other stuff in it.

My wife and I are at that point. We are 37. With our investments and rental properties...we bring in enough money to pay all of our bills (mortgage on our current house included). We are working to pay this house off early...and then maybe getting 1 more duplex housing unit. Also...we have to set up another trust fund for kid #2 that's on the way.

Basically we are working now for our [but mostly the kids'] futures.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Secret Invasion trailer: https://youtu.be/qZVTkn2NjS0
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Don't Ask Questions, Just Consume Product and Then Get Excited for Next Product
killacross

Post by killacross »

Did you know that house windows can fail because of shitty installation practices? Did you also know that when you buy a new construction home... They can specially write it into the contract that "we fucked up... But tough titties" ?

Probably never buying new construction again except directly out of pocket... And even then, I'm with them every step of the way. People are incompetent
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:00 pm Did you know that house windows can fail because of shitty installation practices? Did you also know that when you buy a new construction home... They can specially write it into the contract that "we fucked up... But tough titties" ?

Probably never buying new construction again except directly out of pocket... And even then, I'm with them every step of the way. People are incompetent
As someone who works in an industry related to construction, a huge amount of new homes being built are terrible. We had to do a flood certification for a new build garage and the foundation was poured so terribly that there were waves in it leaving gaps of about 1/2" between the bottom of the wood wall and the concrete foundation wall. The boom in the housing industry over the last 5-7 years due to low interest rates has brought a lot of people that have money but no knowledge of construction into the industry and they nickel and dime everything to the point that the build quality is absolutely terrible. I'm not even talking about planned subdivisions that are built as quickly as possible with inferior materials and i fully expect them to start to completely fall apart in 20 years.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I didn't cut grass this week because of significant rainfall

Same for my neighbors

But I had 2 windows shatter... From the inside... Between the panes
The internet says a pressure difference between inside/outside is the likely cause... Because of settling and poor Sealing (particularly with cheap windows)

You can see all the glass chips/shards inside the window

So I broke out the new home warranty

.. Doesn't cover windows at all

I'm thinking of causing some major plumbing issues just to take some money out of their pockets :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x