One Piece Chapter 1051

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
San Goku

One Piece Chapter 1051

Post by San Goku »

Link: https://www.manga33.com/manga/one-piece-1051-0.html

Edit:

Yup, looks like I was right on one of my predictions (granted Luffy's approval) of the next crew member.

I hope this is the end cause that was a perfect way to wrap this arc up.
Digital Masta

Re: One Piece Chapter 1051

Post by Digital Masta »

I wonder if Momo is giant like his dad.

Based on her relationship with Ace and everything that happened. Luffy will probably say yes.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

That really was a great way wrap things up
killacross

Post by killacross »

This chapter could have really hit hard...if it was 3 years ago. We've spent the last decade in Wano (not really..I think it's been 4 or 5 years though....plus I thought Oda planned it as 3 Acts) -- but I have forgotten most of those conversations that were the flashback

Reminds me of Alabastia and everyone giving Vivi the X tattoo as they sailed off. That was memorable. Here -- a conversation from years ago is meh. Though I'm tired of this arc...I think it was actually the best arc we have had post time skip. #2 being whatever is happening at the Reverie right now...

But MAN -- just wait til this info spreads. I want to see A LOT of reactions! Smoker, Garp, Bellamy, Buggy, Barthalemew, Boa, Shanks, Kobe, Dragon, Rayleigh, Sabo, and BB
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 am This chapter could have really hit hard...if it was 3 years ago. We've spent the last decade in Wano (not really..I think it's been 4 or 5 years though....plus I thought Oda planned it as 3 Acts) -- but I have forgotten most of those conversations that were the flashback

Reminds me of Alabastia and everyone giving Vivi the X tattoo as they sailed off. That was memorable. Here -- a conversation from years ago is meh. Though I'm tired of this arc...I think it was actually the best arc we have had post time skip. #2 being whatever is happening at the Reverie right now...

But MAN -- just wait til this info spreads. I want to see A LOT of reactions! Smoker, Garp, Bellamy, Buggy, Barthalemew, Boa, Shanks, Kobe, Dragon, Rayleigh, Sabo, and BB
I agree with this that it definitely doesn't hit as hard because it's been so damn long and if I think about it, even with the ridiculousness of gear 5 it is probably the best arc of the time skip. In particular because of the time spent with Oden.

Dragon is just gonna react like he always does...smiling...UNLESS what just happened here is now the catalyst for him to officially introduce himself to his son.

Kidd and Law's bounties are about to skyrocket some more and obviously, Luffy's will too. Same for the other Straw Hats.
Kobe
Yeah, I wonder if Black Mamba was even a fan of OP before his passing.

killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:12 am Yeah, I wonder if Black Mamba was even a fan of OP before his passing.
took me a second...I was like...wth is he talking about?

But OK, you're right...KobY

again...it's been so long since we've seen anything except this arc that you should be surprised I remember anyone's name
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I just realized this arc kinda started back on Punk Hazard. It really has been a long build up to this moment
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Ya this has been the best arc to date. Oden, young Gol D Roger, Kaido's defeat, Big Mom's defeat, etc.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:36 pm I just realized this arc kinda started back on Punk Hazard. It really has been a long build up to this moment
It was before that - Joy Boy was something that Robin asked Neptune about (Fishman Island)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:18 am
Colep924 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:36 pm I just realized this arc kinda started back on Punk Hazard. It really has been a long build up to this moment
It was before that - Joy Boy was something that Robin asked Neptune about (Fishman Island)
That arc was when we learned Luffy could speak to the sea kings.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:20 am That arc was when we learned Luffy could speak to the sea kings.
I remember Shirahoshi doing it...I don't remember Luffy doing it...now to research

still feels like it was a decade ago
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I don't recall Luffy speaking to them. Shirahoshi being one of the weapons had that ability.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Sorry not speak but he could hear them and they could hear him. He has the ability but it was just introduced. Not sure if he can control it like Shirahosi and Momo..... I think 🤔.
killacross

Post by killacross »

https://www.manga33.com/manga/one-piece-647-all.html

He heard Shirahoshi telling him to stop
...the sea kings heard Shirahoshi too...Luffy's emotions reached her...and she called in the sea kings

..but then again...the sea kings said he might have heard them...so I dunno anymore
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:14 pm https://www.manga33.com/manga/one-piece-647-all.html

He heard Shirahoshi telling him to stop
...the sea kings heard Shirahoshi too...Luffy's emotions reached her...and she called in the sea kings

..but then again...the sea kings said he might have heard them...so I dunno anymore
Pretty sure Luffy heard them and now that we know he's Joy Boy reincarnated it's more likely.

Edit

Reading that chap you provided I'm not so sure myself.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The funny part is we are discussing Fishman Island....when obviously the highlight of this chapter was Yamato said I'm joining your crew (which she wont...who does she resemble in the crew? Oda has always had personality overlap so that when he does arcs and separates people...he can do the same jokes). Besides, who did Yamato watch die right in front of her?

Also, Carrot will join the crew (she's a Nami/Chopper blend) - and Pedro kamikazed right in front of her.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Seen a trending post title on Reddit that OP will be on break for a month starting late June.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I’m still thinking Momo might join. He said he’ll follow in Odens footsteps, so accompanying Luffy to Laughtale seems like the way to go.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

So this one month break is to prepare for the final saga/arc of One Piece. It’s still a few years out but it’s coming. I wonder if Ittl be a Punk Hazard-Wano kind of saga. Seems like there’s a lot to wrap up in one or two arcs. Either way that’ll be a sad day.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Considering how long Wano arc was I wouldn't be worried about One Piece ending any time soon.
Momo looks cool and all, but it must be weird as hell having a 8 year old being shogun. Then again, Japan is no stranger to your rulers.