Post by Haohmaru »

San Goku

Re: One Piece Chapter 1049

Post by San Goku »

I'll be damned, Luffy finally did it.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Fucking crazy how massive of a power up Luffy made this arc. He went from a decent haki user to 1 upping Kaidou. Someone who's considered unbeatable.
Oda sucks at the big climaxes. Luffy went gear 5 he did some looney toons shit, yet he finishes with a very big fist attack.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Agree, but I still loved it. I’m guessing that was the big reveal, the words both Roger and Luffy said that made people laugh? I loved it aside from the power-up thing, but I rationalize it as Kaido having fought so many for so long as someone as has pointed out, as well as having kept that island island a loft for hours. Can’t wait for the in between chapters when the world finds out and we learn more about the Reverie.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Finally moving on! ...but really, brings up my biggest and most common complaint.

What do you do with Kaido now? It's not like the WG will arrest him...it's not like there's a prison to hold him...so why doesn't he just take a nap and come take everything back and then some.

Also...even though Kaido is considered the top...he's only the "top" of the pirate world (...Luffy still has to fight Blackbeard and Shanks). Not sure how they are supposed to stack up against this...but I guess we will see over the next decade
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

I just hope that Shanks won't become the hidden final boss.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:59 pm I just hope that Shanks won't become the hidden final boss.
You know it will happen...but with a twist. Shanks has the OP...and Luffy has to fight him to get it back. Shanks was entrusted by Whitebeard who was entrusted by Gol Roger to protect it until the next person worthy comes along (to keep people from accidentally getting it and revealing it's secret and thus ending the age of pirates...or using it to destroy the world...yada yada yada.) Worst case...Shanks falls to Blackbeard and Luffy has to track BB down for revenge and to save the world...and at the end we find out Luffy doesn't care about any of that -- he thought OP would be tasty

I think Shanks is actually Luffy's long lost uncle, older brother, or half-brother...which is why he's been interested in Luffy all these years
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 pm
Haohmaru wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:59 pm I just hope that Shanks won't become the hidden final boss.
You know it will happen...but with a twist. Shanks has the OP...and Luffy has to fight him to get it back. Shanks was entrusted by Whitebeard who was entrusted by Gol Roger to protect it until the next person worthy comes along (to keep people from accidentally getting it and revealing it's secret and thus ending the age of pirates...or using it to destroy the world...yada yada yada.) Worst case...Shanks falls to Blackbeard and Luffy has to track BB down for revenge and to save the world...and at the end we find out Luffy doesn't care about any of that -- he thought OP would be tasty

I think Shanks is actually Luffy's long lost uncle, older brother, or half-brother...which is why he's been interested in Luffy all these years
That would put Dragon or Luffy's mom at around 60 years old now (if Luffy's mom were still alive) if that were the case as far as being a sibling. An uncle? Maybe, like his mom's brother or something.