There we go

killacross
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Wed May 11, 2022 6:06 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 am
What is happening? :?
boredom...and no good, unique topics happening in the 24/7 news cycle

I mean, who cares about a prison break, 7 day manhunt, high speed chase, and suicide when both parties look like meth addicts?
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has lost it's shine
And Elon and Twitter is only interesting if you use social media

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 am

killacross wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:06 am
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 am
What is happening? :?
boredom...and no good, unique topics happening in the 24/7 news cycle

I mean, who cares about a prison break, 7 day manhunt, high speed chase, and suicide when both parties look like meth addicts?
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has lost it's shine
And Elon and Twitter is only interesting if you use social media
I guess there's showing up at Supreme Court Justices' homes to "protest". Showing up and protesting at a place of work is one thing but showing up at one's home is inherently a threat.

San Goku
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Wed May 11, 2022 11:31 am

May 15th I will be 2 years away from my 40's boy...sad and happy about that I guess. Wish me well.

Ukraine cut off their gasline to Europe, interesting move. I would think now they have $40B coming in they can stay afloat for a couple months and afford to sting Russia? But it's a shot in their foot as well.

Mexico is complaining saying they've been asking for $4B for the longest time to deal with their complex issues at their side of the boarder lol.

San Goku
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 am


killacross
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu May 12, 2022 1:37 pm

You old fuck!!

Haohmaru
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Fri May 13, 2022 12:57 am

San Goku wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:31 am
May 15th I will be 2 years away from my 40's boy...sad and happy about that I guess. Wish me well.
https://youtube.com/shorts/ox9g10s7sQs

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri May 13, 2022 1:40 am

Did anyone watch Mike Myers' mini-series The Pentavarte on Netflix? What a weird-ass, mess of a show. It was nice to see Myers doing what he does best in his ability to morph into different characters but it was just stupid. But that half-black/half-white (Hollywood's favorite type of black person) British actress Lydia West was cute.

San Goku
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri May 13, 2022 2:02 am

Haohmaru wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:57 am
San Goku wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:31 am
May 15th I will be 2 years away from my 40's boy...sad and happy about that I guess. Wish me well.
https://youtube.com/shorts/ox9g10s7sQs
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cry: :cry:

xandorxerxes
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat May 14, 2022 1:01 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 am
I guess there's showing up at Supreme Court Justices' homes to "protest". Showing up and protesting at a place of work is one thing but showing up at one's home is inherently a threat.
I agree 100% on protesting at people's homes... BUT

It's also 100% legal. You'll almost never prove it's a threat unless someone says something really, really dumb (see: Jan 6 charges).

And remember, allowing all legal speech is good. Or something.

In other speech-related social media news, 5th circuit judges have no idea what technology is.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... als-court/

Imagine you're Twitter and a judge is angry at you because "you're not a website" and "you're an Internet provider." I don't even know what your recourse is when the judge has basic facts wrong.

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:01 am
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 am
I guess there's showing up at Supreme Court Justices' homes to "protest". Showing up and protesting at a place of work is one thing but showing up at one's home is inherently a threat.
I agree 100% on protesting at people's homes... BUT

It's also 100% legal. You'll almost never prove it's a threat unless someone says something really, really dumb (see: Jan 6 charges).

And remember, allowing all legal speech is good. Or something.
It actually may be illegal if actually pressed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-illegal/

From the article

At issue is a statute enacted in 1950: Title 18, Section 1507, of the U.S. Code. The law states that it is illegal, “with the intent of influencing any judge,” to:

picket or parade “in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer”
“or with such intent,” to resort “to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence”

killacross
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sat May 14, 2022 12:29 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 am
It actually may be illegal if actually pressed
They just need to burn down some shit and knock down some statues...and punch a few Nazis. After all, if the government agrees with the protestors -- it's fine.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Sat May 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 am
xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:01 am
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:34 am
I guess there's showing up at Supreme Court Justices' homes to "protest". Showing up and protesting at a place of work is one thing but showing up at one's home is inherently a threat.
I agree 100% on protesting at people's homes... BUT

It's also 100% legal. You'll almost never prove it's a threat unless someone says something really, really dumb (see: Jan 6 charges).

And remember, allowing all legal speech is good. Or something.
It actually may be illegal if actually pressed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-illegal/

From the article

At issue is a statute enacted in 1950: Title 18, Section 1507, of the U.S. Code. The law states that it is illegal, “with the intent of influencing any judge,” to:

picket or parade “in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer”
“or with such intent,” to resort “to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence”
The murky part is proving intent.

I disapprove of this protest, but they could simply argue that they are voicing their objection to the forthcoming ruling.
A protest by definition does not have to be done with the intent to influence or sway decision making. In effect that is the object for most, but if you bang that technicality drum in a court of law sans convincing evidence to the contrary, it's a tough hill to climb unless the judge is amenable to your argument.

The fact that they are targeting the conservative judges could easily be spun both ways:
Right:They're attempting to subvert the judiciary by means of scare tactics and threats
Left:They are making their voices heard to the ones they feel responsible for the ruling.

A competent lawyer would simply point out that these protests would probably be inevitable pre/post ruling, with "Post" essentially negating the idea that the purpose was influence.

I hate all of this crap.

killacross
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 am

I'm am honestly out of the loop

What case even has Roe v Wade being examined? I don't think the supreme court can just overturn a past ruling without some state challenging it....but I don't know.

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sun May 15, 2022 7:41 am

killacross wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 am
I'm am honestly out of the loop

What case even has Roe v Wade being examined? I don't think the supreme court can just overturn a past ruling without some state challenging it....but I don't know.
Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization


I had to look it up. I knew there was a case but I didn't know the name.

San Goku
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sun May 15, 2022 4:29 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:41 am
killacross wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 am
I'm am honestly out of the loop

What case even has Roe v Wade being examined? I don't think the supreme court can just overturn a past ruling without some state challenging it....but I don't know.
Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization


I had to look it up. I knew there was a case but I didn't know the name.

Found a link, thanks.

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobbs_v ... ganization

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon May 16, 2022 2:48 am

Saitama finally meets his match...Popeye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UhguuEX9Tg

xandorxerxes
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Mon May 16, 2022 3:24 pm

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:49 pm
The murky part is proving intent.

...

I hate all of this crap.
It's even better than that. They could be on camera saying that they want to influence the judge and STILL beat the charges. I referenced Jan 6th because they had people on camera saying they were there to overthrow the government and the charges against them were nowhere even close to something that would reflect that (like sedition).

That's also the issue in the law I linked to - Texas is attempting to prevent social media from even things like notifications on posts or banning people based on "viewpoint." It doesn't matter what reason they do their action - if you turn around and say it's because of your viewpoint then they're hosed.
No one—not lawyers, not judges, not experts in the field, not even the law’s own sponsors—knows what compliance with this law looks like.

San Goku
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Mon May 16, 2022 8:33 pm

My American brothers down so wtf is going on with all these mass shooting with days/weeks apart from each other?

Digital Masta
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue May 17, 2022 1:36 am

San Goku wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:33 pm
My American brothers down so wtf is going on with all these mass shooting with days/weeks apart from each other?
Come on, man (end Joe Biden voice). Mass shootings are an incredibly rare phenomenon statistically speaking. What is funny and also so very predictable is the violent attacks/shootings the corporate press will focus on. Nobody's talking about the Asian man in California. The New York subway attack and before that the Wisconsin Christmas attack were all memory-holed due to the attackers being black and the Christmas attack specifically it was clearly racially motivated.

It's just so boring, this horrific attack fits (somewhat) within the narrative so it's now Republicans and Tucker Carlson's fault and it will be everywhere, it will be a political tool as well. Even though this dude proclaimed he wasn't conservative. They are also purposefully trying to change the meaning of The Great Replacement Theory to include anyone who isn't okay with illegal immigration and also has concerned about immigrants assimilating into the culture. The Great Replacement Theory is about elite Jews looking to replace the whites by browning up America essentially. The former is a normal concern that people in any country would have and the latter is crazy-ass shit.

This isn't Fox News' fault or Tucker or the internet and memes. This guy has previous issues but law enforcement couldn't really do anything about his red flags as far as I know.

I'm curious as to what this guy's history is? Who are his parents? What kind of home did he grow up in?

killacross
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue May 17, 2022 10:39 pm


Post Reply