There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:32 am
I'm waiting for those sewage cleaning companies to hire their Diversity and Inclusion officer...to get more women and non-binary people cleaning the sewers of NYC...oh wait.
OK Mr Peterson.

We just hired a non binary person in our dept. I'm not changing shit.

So either "he" quits or I get fired

Let's see how it works out :lol:

I said I did not want "them" because "they" weren't qualified for the position. The company (and others in my dept decided "they* deserved a chance)

I asked why I needed 8+ years of experience to be considered Senior level... But they are given the title at only 3?

They all tiptoed around the subject. No problem. I'm gonna treat them professionally...but shit all over them

I don't give a shit.. I'm requesting a 20% pay bump. I figure I'm owed 30% (because I have 3x the experience) ...but money isn't the driver anymore
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:28 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:32 am
I'm waiting for those sewage cleaning companies to hire their Diversity and Inclusion officer...to get more women and non-binary people cleaning the sewers of NYC...oh wait.
OK Mr Peterson.

We just hired a non binary person in our dept. I'm not changing shit.

So either "he" quits or I get fired

Let's see how it works out :lol:

I said I did not want "them" because "they" weren't qualified for the position. The company (and others in my dept decided "they* deserved a chance)

I asked why I needed 8+ years of experience to be considered Senior level... But they are given the title at only 3?

They all tiptoed around the subject. No problem. I'm gonna treat them professionally...but shit all over them

I don't give a shit.. I'm requesting a 20% pay bump. I figure I'm owed 30% (because I have 3x the experience) ...but money isn't the driver anymore
Well, this should be fun.

Also, Elon is dedicated to the troll life. There is no greater soldier in the troll wars.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ask for a raise...when they say No...

Call every one of them a bigot, racist, Nazi, and transphobe!!
...I'll gladly be a woman for a 30% paybump...transwomen are women...also...I was always a woman....and I don't need surgery or hormones to be a woman...I was always a woman
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:02 pm Ask for a raise...when they say No...

Call every one of them a bigot, racist, Nazi, and transphobe!!
...I'll gladly be a woman for a 30% paybump...transwomen are women...also...I was always a woman....and I don't need surgery or hormones to be a woman...I was always a woman
I recently applied for a position that I know I won't get. I said I'm a black heterosexual alpha male but if I'm allowed to do so consider my self Native Indian. I hope they take me seriously, cause I was dead serious.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I sincerely hope you get it. I honestly don't understand how the culture war was lost like this
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:44 am https://nypost.com/2022/04/14/edna-maha ... %20buttons

I love the world we live in.
He/she won lol :D :D :D :D

This is the shit I said would happen as a joke years ago.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Poor Archie

.. He wasn't ready :(

Song takes me back to high-school football days... Even though we weren't that good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPXtiCOWPY4
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://youtu.be/tgB1wUcmbbw

Thor Love and Thunder trailer.

This is what happens when you let Taika run loose with his directing. He did well in Ragnarok but now he's hot stuff so he is going full Taika.

Pass.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:13 pm https://youtu.be/tgB1wUcmbbw

This is what happens when you let Taika run loose with his directing. He did well in Ragnarok but now he's hot stuff so he is going full Taika.

Pass.
Pass on a 1:30 minute trailer that barely shows anything. Wasn't expecting that from you DM.
You're just jealous that Nathalie Portman is more jacked than you are
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Pass.
Pass on a 1:30 minute trailer that barely shows anything. Wasn't expecting that from you DM.
I passed on this movie when it was announced as part of the general trend that Marvel just ain't doing it no more especially when they decided to use one of worst received comic runs over the past 10 years being the whole Lady Thor thing.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Not an impressive trailer but can't say I'm going to pass, way too early for that.

Morbius movie was okay

R.I.P Kay Slay
killacross

Post by killacross »

I hate people

so at work...I was the only person there last week. I was working to schedule testing for Ms Thickums. I got 99% of everything in place last week. Said we would follow up this week. Ms Thickums sent out the obligatory email of...this is the testing needed -- this is the schedule -- this is the timeline -- this is the plan.

The Lab Supervisor sent out a nasty email saying -- "this is such short notice...your group ALWAYS does this -- we may not be able to support...shame on you Ms Thickums."

So I replied and said "This isn't short notice -- I got everything in order last week...this was the follow up communication as the schedule has shifted slightly."

He responded with "Well, no one asked/told me!!"

I said "You were on vacation last week. But I believe we have everything in order...here is our plan -- does this seem right to you?"

Him: "I'm ThE sUpErViSoR -- no one has authority to answer those questions except for me!!"

So I responded with "You are exactly right!!...I'm copying my boss, your boss, and our bosses' boss. We're gonna shut down the plant next week, and need them on board to start up as fast as possible."

So he responded with -- "We'll there's no need to do that - it looks like you got everything in order...but don't let it happen again....please"

I said - "No problem, and just FYI - you no longer have any time off -- all testing will be communicated DIRECTLY and ONLY with you...you are the supervisor after all. Fortunately, you have a company phone -- and I'm adding the number from your email to the directory. You will be hearing from us regularly, often, and VERY soon [because I have testing coming up next month]."

...the guy is a fucking clown -- but I'm gonna go to work tomorrow and look him dead in the eye and not even think about him twice.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:19 pm
Haohmaru wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Pass.
I passed on this movie when it was announced as part of the general trend that :roll: Marvel just ain't doing it no more especially when they decided to use one of worst received comic runs over the past 10 years being the whole Lady Thor thing.
Now this I agree on. Also wasn't a fan of the whole female Thor thing, but not enough to pass on this movie. I guess my liking for Chris and Nathalie is more than my dislike of the current route Marvel is taking with their movies.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Marvel is gonna Marvel until it hits their pockets

... You thought they learned from the Eternals.. But they've learned nothing
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:18 pm I hate people

so at work...I was the only person there last week. I was working to schedule testing for Ms Thickums. I got 99% of everything in place last week. Said we would follow up this week. Ms Thickums sent out the obligatory email of...this is the testing needed -- this is the schedule -- this is the timeline -- this is the plan.

The Lab Supervisor sent out a nasty email saying -- "this is such short notice...your group ALWAYS does this -- we may not be able to support...shame on you Ms Thickums."

So I replied and said "This isn't short notice -- I got everything in order last week...this was the follow up communication as the schedule has shifted slightly."

He responded with "Well, no one asked/told me!!"

I said "You were on vacation last week. But I believe we have everything in order...here is our plan -- does this seem right to you?"

Him: "I'm ThE sUpErViSoR -- no one has authority to answer those questions except for me!!"

So I responded with "You are exactly right!!...I'm copying my boss, your boss, and our bosses' boss. We're gonna shut down the plant next week, and need them on board to start up as fast as possible."

So he responded with -- "We'll there's no need to do that - it looks like you got everything in order...but don't let it happen again....please"

I said - "No problem, and just FYI - you no longer have any time off -- all testing will be communicated DIRECTLY and ONLY with you...you are the supervisor after all. Fortunately, you have a company phone -- and I'm adding the number from your email to the directory. You will be hearing from us regularly, often, and VERY soon [because I have testing coming up next month]."

...the guy is a fucking clown -- but I'm gonna go to work tomorrow and look him dead in the eye and not even think about him twice.
My only connection to the pharmecutical industry is through your posts and it seems that there are a lot of jackasses in this industry.
San Goku wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:12 pm
Morbius movie was okay

R.I.P Kay Slay
The only way you dive from COVID when you're 55 is if you have shit health. Damn, we black men just be going down so early, we gotta have better health.

Damn, Morbius really must be trash because whenever San says a movie is okay that means it is really bad. He is the most forgiving movie reviewer on the interwebs.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:40 am My only connection to the pharmecutical industry is through your posts and it seems that there are a lot of jackasses in this industry.

The only way you dive from COVID when you're 55 is if you have shit health. Damn, we black men just be going down so early, we gotta have better health.

Damn, Morbius really must be trash because whenever San says a movie is okay that means it is really bad. He is the most forgiving movie reviewer on the interwebs.
I think it is like this everywhere, in almost every industry, that's white collar. I think it's why I could read a Dilbert comic strip and recognize people and chuckle...but my dad (military to trucker), mom (military to RN), and brother (IT to car sales to car finance) never really understood it. In pharma -- there is such an emphasis on degrees and educations and they tend to overlook experience. So you have a TON of people who have 100% book knowledge...with 0% practical knowledge...but feel that because they have ____ degree or ____ master's or ____ title or [worst of all] ____ PhD...they should be worshipped.

The weirdest part about all of it is that each department is incredibly specialized. We have a basic knowledge of what the other does...but no understanding or experience. And because of that -- EVERYONE typically thinks "I could do your role better than you." While yes, some things are obvious...others not so much. Also...EVERYONE is a keyboard warrior in the industry. And each department attracts the same personality traits/sets.

As a contractor -- who went from site to site -- I always used to say -- Each site is the same, just different. Chemistry/Micro lab attracts the pretty girls, the gay guys, the anime weeaboos, and the bookworms, -- who will talk to you for 3 hours about the benefits and drawbacks about polymerase chain reactions as an indication method or why G Stearo is superior to C Sporogenes as an indicator species. I generally stop them mid-sentence and say "that doesn't mean anything to me". The labs ALWAYS think they are the smartest people on site, if not on the planet. Automation groups attract the laziest and least patient people who think everyone around them are idiots because we don't understand the basic ladder logic of the DCS and SCADA systems...when it is RIGHT THERE in front of you, as a visual language [that we don't read]. Quality groups attract people who are Type-A and ALLLLLL about the fine details and literal interpretations/translations and are generally workaholics. Engineering groups attract the tinker-ers...but they are all very laid back and low stress - they love to fix problems, but not so much document HOW they fixed it. Validation is the group that is the liaison between Quality and Engineering. Validation [my group] attracts people of the two extremes; either extreme "letter of the law" followers....or people who weigh the risk/reward and adjust accordingly (though sometimes not appropriately). But we all love paperwork and documenting EVERYTHING (which is a FDA requirement, so that's nice). Production attracts people who only care about the numbers (profit and output -- FUCK quality. I gave you 3,000 units -- so what if you had to throw away 2,700 of them...I did my part). Maintenance usually attracts people who are bitter/jaded that they didn't get the same opportunities as some of the people in the white collar roles. As such, they all seem to think -- I know better than any of you....then break bolts, pinch gaskets, cross thread/strip the equipment, etc.

Now -- if you combine that mindset with my personality. I am an outlier. I just DGAF. So...I will tell people, I'll play chicken with you allllll damn day...and I'll win. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. You honestly can't win at this because you cannot care less than me. My position/dept has the authority to shut down the site. So....it isn't a bluff when I sent the email that "We're shutting down the site because the Micro group can't get their shit together..."

What really annoyed me about all of this is that the supervisor (not even manager) puffed out his chest like that (IN FRONT OF EVERY ONE) -- then IMMEDIATELY...like immediately, immediately...turned bitch.

He just lost all credibility. Which means that when I go to work today -- AAAALLLLLL of the people on that email chain (and it was A LOT) are gonna come find me to shit-talk him and pat me on the back -- when I honestly just don't give 2 shits. I just want them to do their gottdamn job so I can go home on time; to my family. Oh yes...and obviously, pay me!!

About San's Movie Reviews. You just have to understand San has the superpower to suspend disbelief like no other...Imagine if San had a movie review youtube channel...each movie would just receive a 10/10.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm a fucking legend. And I hate it. I have never spoken to these people before -- so why are they talking to me now?

The tranny backed out...not sure why...