One Piece 1040

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
killacross

One Piece 1040

Post by killacross »

https://ww8.readonepiece.com/chapter/on ... pter-1040/

Chapter reminds me of Naruto when Shikamaru avenged Asuma...
San Goku

Re: One Piece 1040

Post by San Goku »

Great chapter, they actually pulled it off.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I find this more plausible than Luffy because they had to work together, they nearly died AND it took them having awakened devil fruits to do it. Even then she's still alive and kicking. This actually makes it worse for Luffy's believability.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Looks like we might get some kind of backstory on just who Zunesha is. I want a Kaido backstory
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:12 pm Looks like we might get some kind of backstory on just who Zunesha is. I want a Kaido backstory
And in that Joyboy backstory as well
killacross

Post by killacross »

Kinda wonder how she could survive this...
they make a big hole in teh bottom of the ocean...then blast here there

shouldn't that kill her?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:22 pm
Colep924 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:12 pm Looks like we might get some kind of backstory on just who Zunesha is. I want a Kaido backstory
And in that Joyboy backstory as well
I thought she just hit the ground, didn't look like it was water upon closer inspection.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:39 am I thought she just hit the ground, didn't look like it was water upon closer inspection.
ahhh -- you're right. I thought Kaido's island was still flying over water towards the city that is having the celebration. Guess they've already crossed the beach and made landfall

...so yea - she'll survive. But it brings up a question I had a while back. Why don't defeated people -especially when the victor barely squeaks out a win- just come back a week later? I can't see Law or Kidd or Luffy just tanking big hits like Kaido or Big Mom have done this arc (well...technically since forever). I think the only people to come back...and get handled 2x now have been Bellamy and robot Kuma. Good guys can lose and come back over and over...bad guys get 1 shot then disappear into the ether essentially (at least we get cover story updates)
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:23 am
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:39 am I thought she just hit the ground, didn't look like it was water upon closer inspection.
ahhh -- you're right. I thought Kaido's island was still flying over water towards the city that is having the celebration. Guess they've already crossed the beach and made landfall

...so yea - she'll survive. But it brings up a question I had a while back. Why don't defeated people -especially when the victor barely squeaks out a win- just come back a week later? I can't see Law or Kidd or Luffy just tanking big hits like Kaido or Big Mom have done this arc (well...technically since forever). I think the only people to come back...and get handled 2x now have been Bellamy and robot Kuma. Good guys can lose and come back over and over...bad guys get 1 shot then disappear into the ether essentially (at least we get cover story updates)
Except for DA GOD HIMSELF...Buggy. I know, Buggy came back and in Luffy's eyes sees him more as a friend now so that doesn't count.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

A lot of times the bigs Luffy beats end up in Impel Down because the government’s involved. Crocodile, Doflamingo Moria was a Schichibukai so he was good. Or in cases like Enel they go to space (the fuck) Hody jones was handled by the fish man. There’s usually reasons for them not coming back.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:26 pm A lot of times the bigs Luffy beats end up in Impel Down because the government’s involved. Crocodile, Doflamingo Moria was a Schichibukai so he was good. Or in cases like Enel they go to space (the fuck) Hody jones was handled by the fish man. There’s usually reasons for them not coming back.
He's also 8000 years old now and can't do anything anymore.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:15 am He's also 8000 years old now and can't do anything anymore.
I had to look that up because I didn't know what you were talking about...I realize I don't remember ANYTHING about that story arc at all.

I could tell you about recruiting up to Brook in pretty good detail. Pretty high level memory of Alabastia and Skypiea. I could tell you about Franky and Water 7. Getting Nico Robin back. Ace dying...The Tenryuubito and the auction house at Shaboady. Everyone being separated

...I don't think I remember anything since the time skip.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:41 am
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:15 am He's also 8000 years old now and can't do anything anymore.
I had to look that up because I didn't know what you were talking about...I realize I don't remember ANYTHING about that story arc at all.

I could tell you about recruiting up to Brook in pretty good detail. Pretty high level memory of Alabastia and Skypiea. I could tell you about Franky and Water 7. Getting Nico Robin back. Ace dying...The Tenryuubito and the auction house at Shaboady. Everyone being separated

...I don't think I remember anything since the time skip.
I actually forgot a lot about Hody too, it's just that I was reminded when I looked him up again after RTTV started reacting to this arc on their YT channel.

I also don't remember much post-time skip. I've even forgotten a lot about Alabast as well outside of it being the first "real" arc of One Piece. I do remember the feeling of how amazing it was though. I don't remember Skypiea much at all because I zoomed through it, I wasn't that interested in it. Same for Thriller Bark, I basically skipped most of it.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I didn’t think about this till reading your comments, but just about everything that’s happened since the time skipped was connected to Kaido. Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Zou….. Whole Cake was it’s own thing though.