There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-new ... asian-hero

Some of that Marvel segregation I mentioned. The Asians must write and draw the Asians, also the author basically blackmailed the EIC of Marvel into getting hired by calling him a racist some years back. Oh joy.

So a white guy that was a fish out of water and embraced a different culture is bad but an Asian dude who does kung fu stereotype is good?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Let's be real though an Iron Fist should be Asian descent lol

Edit

With the multiverse everyone can get what they want which was probably the long game strategy....
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Lightyear trailer: https://youtu.be/BwPL0Md_QFQ

I'm actually interested in this film lol. To Infinity and....Beyond!
killacross

Post by killacross »

...Kumar Kumar Kumar -- tsk tsk

We are supposed to close on the duplex tomorrow

The sellers and our realtor have essentially checked out. There was a list of inspections and repairs...and I got a request to extend the due diligence period to midnight tonight...and a bunch of documents late Saturday. The numbers and inspections still look good, but this shit is just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy

And technically...I should be getting a rent check for Nov 2021 -- but have 0 information on how to contact the current tenants. The sellers also owe me security deposits for both units and a pet deposit for unit A. Shit is just all around raggedy.

...I hate it
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:27 pm https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-new ... asian-hero

Some of that Marvel segregation I mentioned. The Asians must write and draw the Asians, also the author basically blackmailed the EIC of Marvel into getting hired by calling him a racist some years back. Oh joy.

So a white guy that was a fish out of water and embraced a different culture is bad but an Asian dude who does kung fu stereotype is good?
Where in the article said he blackmailed him?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Ice(v)an wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:41 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:27 pm https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-new ... asian-hero

Where in the article said he blackmailed him?
It doesn't. That piece of info is old news. The Editor-In-Chief at Marvel CB Cebulski has loved off and on in Japan since he was 20 and used to work as a translator in manga and all that jazz. Some years back he went by a pen name Akira Yoshida (for about a year). No harm, no foul, it was just a pen name. Fast forward some years, the writer of this new Iron Fist was one of the loudest critics of him using a pen name. Calling him a racist and that t was cultural appropriation. All the usual garbage, despite the fact that this man has extensive experience with Japan. So what does he do? He hires this bitch at Marvel.

Blackmailed is the wrong word actually...it's more like extortion. Granted this dude should've had more of a sack and been like, "I'm not hiring a woman that tried to run my name through the mud."

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/ ... -a-racist/
killacross

Post by killacross »

:lol: Officially own a duplex
...tomorrow morning I'm gonna get landlord and homeowners insurance <_<

...then figure out how to get my rent money

**Update**
...So contact info for Unit A is good. They were quick to respond to a text message introducing myself and saying I would reach back out
Contact info for Unit B is all invalid. Gotta get that trash mofo out of my house!! Gotta make sure SHE decides to leave though so she doesn't destroy my shit.

And the fact that both my realtor...and the sellers realtors are so new to the game...didn't go as it should. He strong armed his poor agent almost every step of the way. Luckily, I wouldn't let that shit fly...

**Update update**
Eternals is Marvel's first "flop"
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^

You watched Eternals? Booo I'm looking forward to that movie.

Squid Game is up there for best shows of the year in my book.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:32 pm ^^

You watched Eternals? Booo I'm looking forward to that movie.

Squid Game is up there for best shows of the year in my book.
I haven't. Just that the reviews are in and it's the lowest in 20-25+ films
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:00 pm :lol: Officially own a duplex

**Update**
...So contact info for Unit A is good. They were quick to respond to a text message introducing myself and saying I would reach back out
Contact info for Unit B is all invalid. Gotta get that trash mofo out of my house!! Gotta make sure SHE decides to leave though so she doesn't destroy my shit.

And the fact that both my realtor...and the sellers realtors are so new to the game...didn't go as it should. He strong armed his poor agent almost every step of the way. Luckily, I wouldn't let that shit fly...

**Update update**

IIRC one unit was a family/couple and the other was just one lady?

Guys, I have a personal crisis. "Let's go, Brandon!" is hilarious...but it's also causing me issues because that's my first name. Soon people will be banned from shouting support for me or letting me know that we have to go somewhere all because of Joe Biden being bad at his job.

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Haohmaru wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:13 am
Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pmThey don't, at least not anymore.

The Hippocratic oath is rarely compulsory and has been supplanted by modern agreements of conduct and ethics. In most countries it was never legally binding to begin with, and was entirely optional.
So they're officially money hungry whores li
Some still take a modern version of it (i.e. no praying to Greek gods).

A good number - if not most - still do it to help people, though some do that through research because they don't like seeing patients directly.

Also keep in mind that many doctors operate through a hospital system, so they're not the ones setting the prices. Private practice doctors can though, except medicare/medicaid.

There's an artificial limit on the supply of doctors, specialization further limits supply, burnout is very high, and insurance is extremely expensive to deal with.
killacross wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:00 pm :lol: Officially own a duplex

**Update**

**Update update**
Grats! It took me forever to evict my non-responsive tenant, but part of that was COVID. Best of luck.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 am IIRC one unit was a family/couple and the other was just one lady?
Unit A is a white couple (the fat lady that we met and her fiance -- who talked like Boomhauer on the phone)
Unit B is the black mother with her son (the dirty unit -- which is funny because during the mold and insect inspection -- the notes said something about the filthy unit likely being a breeding ground/ground zero for a future issue)

I finally got contact info for Unit B

Step 1 was buying the property
Step 2 was making 1st contact
Step 3 is raising the rents (in March 2022) -- mailed out the letters yesterday
Step 4 is moving em out
Step 5 is upgrading
Step 6 is hiring a mgmt company
Step 7 is renting them out
Step 8 is making tons of money!!
Step 9 is finding another one and lather/rinse/repeat
Step 10 is either selling the units...or keeping em (see step 9)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Scottie Pippen lost his damn mind.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:39 am Scottie Pippen lost his damn mind.
Is this about his new book?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 am
Yup!!!!!!!
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Looks like the critics and the fans are split on The Eternals.

Eagerly anticipating the goalposts being moved back to: "The critics know what they're talking about"....
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:34 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 am
Yup!!!!!!!
Why does this mean he lost his mind? One thing is that he's promoting the book so that's typical. He's getting people interested in reading it and two, is he not allowed to share his view on the Bulls experience?
Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 pm Looks like the critics and the fans are split on The Eternals.

Eagerly anticipating the goalposts being moved back to: "The critics know what they're talking about"....
Considering that this film was essentially "Diversity & Inclusion...and Tokenism...THE MOVIE!" for it to get this roasted critically means it's pretty bad. Because in this cultural climate it was bound to get at least a 60% just from diversity alone and for these critics to be that harsh means even the wokeness couldn't save it. I mean, this is the same group of critics that give Dave Chappelle terrible ratings because he's anti-woke.

But really, it just means the film is "meh" overall so you'll either like it or you won't. I'd also wager that how you feel about Marvel at this point will also sway how you feel about the film. If you're the type that really just loves what Marvel puts out the majority of the time you're probably going to feel positive about this movie. If you are more jaded or just burnt out on all the superhero stuff you're likely to feel the other way.

From the initial announcement of this film I personally was like, "Nope." Simply because it was a bunch of characters that are D-list and nobody knows them or cares about them. Then Marvel as a whole started falling to pieces and then they gave it the woke touch so I was definitely not going to spend money on this. But that's me personally.

Regardless of how you feel about him nerdrotic this video is pretty spot on as to what they were thinking when they were making this film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eItcFkxYOcs

God, these people really do love the smell of their own farts.
killacross

Post by killacross »

How many of you guys wear cologne?...and if so...which scents? It was my new hobby that I started in 2021. I am starting to think that it isn't common because of the reaction I get from the public (particularly women...but sometimes men make me uncomfortable too)
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:42 am How many of you guys wear cologne?...and if so...which scents? It was my new hobby that I started in 2021. I am starting to think that it isn't common because of the reaction I get from the public (particularly women...but sometimes men make me uncomfortable too)

I don't BUUUUT, I do frequent men's style YT channels that talk about this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyd89k3 ... TE7e2YlYkq

You may also want to check out Jeremy Fragrance

https://www.youtube.com/c/jeremyfragrance/videos
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:42 am How many of you guys wear cologne?...and if so...which scents? It was my new hobby that I started in 2021. I am starting to think that it isn't common because of the reaction I get from the public (particularly women...but sometimes men make me uncomfortable too)
You mean eau de parfum? I do. Here's my list:
Dior sauvage
armani aqua di gio
Hugo Boss bottled
Tom Ford noir
Terre d'hermes

The Hugo Boss, Armani and terre d'hermes are more casual scents that I use daily. Dior and Tom Ford are more of a special occasion.