The fuck is a NİO car?
killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Chinese knockoff of tesla
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

I've never seen one of those here. There are a lot of polestars, jaguar e-type, Volkswagen İD3&5 and other electric cars.
My favorite is the Audi e Tron SUV.

I think Holland is one of the countries that has the most electric cars in the world. They're pretty strict in our country environmentally.
For example you're only allowed to drive faster than 100 km/h between 7 pm and 6 am.
Older cars without the right filters get heavily taxed. Some cities don't even allow them.
All of them weird shit.

@Killa, İ would definitely let a pro check out the property first and get an appraise.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Man that Fury vs Wilder fight was crazy!
Haohmaru wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 am I've never seen one of those here. There are a lot of polestars, jaguar e-type, Volkswagen İD3&5 and other electric cars.
My favorite is the Audi e Tron SUV.

I think Holland is one of the countries that has the most electric cars in the world. They're pretty strict in our country environmentally.
For example you're only allowed to drive faster than 100 km/h between 7 pm and 6 am.
Older cars without the right filters get heavily taxed. Some cities don't even allow them.
All of them weird shit.

@Killa, İ would definitely let a pro check out the property first and get an appraise.
Okay nice, if you see the NIO let me know. Just started noticing the Polstars at my mall. I haven't seen any eTron yet. If I had the money I would get a nice EV right now.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Mandatory Life Jackets: https://youtu.be/GukIoZ8d3Ew

Edit

Shang-Chi info: https://youtu.be/sxy0GefsVU4

Is this stuff true about the Shang-Chi actor? Cause damn that's a huge loss to miss out in the Chinese market.....
killacross

Post by killacross »

So an update: We toured the duplex yesterday. A unit and B unit. Strangely enough...we toured unit A...and there was a very heavy set white woman that lived there. Very clean, very bright, she had candles and plug in scenters everywhere. And she also had a dog. But the space looked and smelled AMAZING (it has obviously been recently updated -- even if it isn't a color scheme/decor we would have chosen). We toured unit B. Black woman with her young son. The walls were filthy, the rooms were filthy, the carpet was filthy, the ceiling vents were filthy, the bathrooms were filthy, and it smelled like piss. It was also very dark because someone obviously has not paid her light bill....It has not been updated in the same way as unit A, but we got copies of the lease and they are renting for the same price -- $600/month. Not the $800+ that I wanted.

We are going to proceed with the purchase anyway.

The part that annoys me now. Our realtor is suddenly so aggressive about we need the sale to go through. She says I need to pay full asking price because now there is another buyer who is interested. I shouldn't ask for any concessions. And we need to start signing paperwork immediately -- even if she can't get me all the answers or documentation that I want to see immediately.

Obviously, I took control back in the conversations. I told her that...we are paying cash. We may have A LOT of money; but, we have even more patience. We do not care if there is another buyer -- we are not going to get into a bidding war. The numbers don't support it. I told her we are rich either way.

Talking with my wife. IF, we get this property -- step #1 is raising the rent to current market value -- which is ~$900/month for 1000 sq ft. When the current tenants move out (which they would if rent jumped 50% overnight) -- we can go in...do some major overhauls....and get it ready to make us some serious money. The HVAC is obviously gonna be the next big expense. I'm gonna see if we can go ductless mini split. The space is so small that I think it would make the most sense.

Repainting walls/doors/trim this year. Replacing the floors this year. Then renting it out for 2ish years before increasing the rent again. Then it's updating the kitchen and appliances...and updating the bathrooms. We plan to hold the property until we are 45 -- then evaluate if we want to sell or continue for another decade.

More importantly, our dr appointment is tomorrow. My wife is still holding out that the doctors have made a mistake and everything is actually fine. Pray for us tomorrow -- it is going to be a rough day. It broke my heart today just listening to my wife.

If we get bad news...I plan to open a bottle of wine and sending our little nigga off properly.
Thinking of getting a definitive answer makes me teary eyed and emotional.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Good luck tomorrow man. I'll pray for you.

As for the house. You did the right thing. A buyer all of a sudden exactly when you're going to buy the house. Yeah right. İt's a to pressure you into buying the property.

As for the nasty unit. İ get that the people living there aren't too well off, but you can at least keep your own house clean. Who wants to live in a filthy environment. İ don't get it.

Also be careful about telling people how much you're worth and have that much cash. You don't want to get robbed or worse.
killacross

Post by killacross »

here is the money we are using to buy the duplex...
seriously, what could you do with any of this info?

we have another PC account that my wife "manages" (when we originally signed up...they had a like $500 signing bonus if you sent the link and the person created an acct). It has another $75k in cash + our retirement accounts of $450k+

...plus we bought our old house for cash that isn't listed on these websites. It's "valued" at another $250k (still factors into our net worth -- but just isn't calculated here)
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

San Goku wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 pm Mandatory Life Jackets: https://youtu.be/GukIoZ8d3Ew

Edit

Is this stuff true about the Shang-Chi actor? Cause damn that's a huge loss to miss out in the Chinese market.....
Black Widow isn't airing in China market either... that's why that gross profits was low on this as well..

I don't think Eternals was going to do that well either because one of the actors said something...

So I think the next Marvel movie to make legit money would be Spiderman.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Ice(v)an wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:12 am
San Goku wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 pm Mandatory Life Jackets: https://youtu.be/GukIoZ8d3Ew

Edit

Black Widow isn't airing in China market either... that's why that gross profits was low on this as well..

I don't think Eternals was going to do that well either because one of the actors said something...

It's because of the director. Anything related to her is banned in China.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:55 pm Image

here is the money we are using to buy the duplex...
seriously, what could you do with any of this info?

we have another PC account that my wife "manages" (when we originally signed up...they had a like $500 signing bonus if you sent the link and the person created an acct). It has another $75k in cash + our retirement accounts of $450k+

...plus we bought our old house for cash that isn't listed on these websites. It's "valued" at another $250k (still factors into our net worth -- but just isn't calculated here)
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 am
Ice(v)an wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:12 am

Edit

It's because of the director. Anything related to her is banned in China.
welp... all those actors probably aren't cheap either...
killacross

Post by killacross »

Our offer of $180k was countered at $183k. We accepted. Our agent said it should be ours by December.

Hopefully this thing works out.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:25 pm Our offer of $180k was countered at $183k. We accepted. Our agent said it should be ours by December.

Hopefully this thing works out.
Congrats!
killacross

Post by killacross »

And the update from the doctor's office. Nothing viable.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ooooooh DM.. San should be excited tho

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dc-supe ... 49904.html
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 pm Ooooooh DM.. San should be excited tho

Oh, this is old news. The mainstream comic industry is quite dead. It's being destroyed by manga and the big two haven't been producing anything good for a few years now. They don't hire based on talent anymore, only on what inter-sectional box you check and so you have people who have no business writing comics absolutely destroying decades worth of character development. Also traditionally newer writers and artist would spend time in the trenches doing lower level work before being handed a big IP but not anymore because they don't want to be bigots. They also seem to want to gain the favor of the yahoo news and CNNs of the world as opposed to the people that actually read their comics. They somehow think that these articles will translate into sales and that the "woke" crowd will pat them on the back and read their books. Problem is that these people DON'T READ COMICS! They cruise Wikipedia pages to find out a bit about the character, that's about it.

And there is this thing now where the blacks write the blacks, the Asians write the Asians and the gays write the gays. It's this new form of segregation that's developed in mainstream comics. They all have to write themselves into every character because they have no talent and can't write anything else. Also, unlike writers of the past who were committed to writing comics, many of these writers and editors now look at comics as a stepping stone to a future Netflix deal in their minds. So they don't actually care about the comics, so they can destroy them as they see fit.

All the big name writers have basically moved on or left comics as well because the pay is trash.

The crowdfunding comics industry is BOOMING though because it's people creating comics that fans actually want to read.

Bisexual in the comic world just means gay. It means before the retcon they were ever only interested in women but now they like men and will only ever be seen being intimate with men from here on out.

They turned Tim Drake "bisexual" recently and even legendary comic writer Chuck Dixon (who didn't create Tim but basically established him as the Tim everyone knows) was like, "Yeah, wtf is this?"
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 pm Ooooooh DM.. San should be excited tho

Fucking face palm
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:08 am Fucking face palm
you're not fooling anyone...you watch Lil Nas X music vids on repeat :lol: :lol:

...who knows...maybe the lgbtasdf&^*(#$%# community will buy dozens and dozens of comic books and collectibles and save the comic industry? that's how it works right? <5-10% of the fanbase buys the majority of the merchandise right?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 am
San Goku wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:08 am Fucking face palm
you're not fooling anyone...you watch Lil Nas X music vids on repeat :lol: :lol:

...who knows...maybe the lgbtasdf&^*(#$%# community will buy dozens and dozens of comic books and collectibles and save the comic industry? that's how it works right? <5-10% of the fanbase buys the majority of the merchandise right?
*sigh* his cowboy song was good, I used to listen to it and his new single he has out playing on the radio is unfortunately a dope track lol