There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

New Shang-Chi trailer: https://youtu.be/8YjFbMbfXaQ
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm New Shang-Chi trailer: https://youtu.be/8YjFbMbfXaQ
Again, looks entertaining enough but not enough for me to really want to spend money on it.

I know I said it before but god Akwafina is a terrible actress.
killacross

Post by killacross »

That Snake Eyes movie trailer looks like it will have some awesome fight sequences
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:34 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm New Shang-Chi trailer: https://youtu.be/8YjFbMbfXaQ
Again, looks entertaining enough but not enough for me to really want to spend money on it.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, she was literally the only reason I KEPT watching Crazy rich Asians after accidentally tuning into it one night.

And I abhor those kinds of movies.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So they are uncovering mass Graves in Canada of residential schools for Native Indians (First Nation). It's literally modern day genocide.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:35 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, she was literally the only reason I KEPT watching Crazy rich Asians after accidentally tuning into it one night.

And I abhor those kinds of movies.
Ya she was cool in that movie. Great movie overall even though I never watched from beginning to the end.

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:25 pm That Snake Eyes movie trailer looks like it will have some awesome fight sequences
I'm feeling you on that. Don't know much about this generation G.I Joe but I want to watch that movie.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:16 pm I'm feeling you on that. Don't know much about this generation G.I Joe but I want to watch that movie.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was being racist and saying the two movies with the Asian leads were the same

...Your new name is Ed man....because you're so special
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Chainsaw Man anime: https://youtu.be/q15CRdE5Bv0

OMG animation looks insane. Looking forward to this. I gotta remember where I left off in the Manga.

@XX this should please you, @Haoh too.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Watching the collective right "discover" a newfound appreciation for Bill Maher, is like watching a recovering meth addict finally admit maybe there aren't giant spiders congregating in the attic plotting his untimely demise.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm Watching the collective right "discover" a newfound appreciation for Bill Maher, is like watching a recovering meth addict finally admit maybe there aren't giant spiders congregating in the attic plotting his untimely demise.
I guess cause he is far left and from the headlines on a number of occasions he's called out the left for their bs like the right does.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm Watching the collective right "discover" a newfound appreciation for Bill Maher, is like watching a recovering meth addict finally admit maybe there aren't giant spiders congregating in the attic plotting his untimely demise.
I remember liking Bill Maher and then growing to dislike him because of his arrogance. That man thinks he shits diamonds. He gets things right every so often but Bill complains against this progressive craziness that has infected the world but takes no responsibility in being one of the people that kinda helped to foster it, take some responsible for the current environment you helped to create. Dude's TDS was on the highest of levels.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: I remember liking Bill Maher and then growing to dislike him because of his arrogance. That man thinks he shits diamonds. He gets things right every so often but Bill complains against this progressive craziness that has infected the world but takes no responsibility in being one of the people that kinda helped to foster it, take some responsible for the current environment you helped to create. Dude's TDS was on the highest of levels.
The notion that Bill Maher bears any significant responsibility for the divisive nature of our current discourse simply because he hates trump with the fiery passion of a thousand suns is silly, and is exactly the same type of argument(slightly inverted) the left employs when excoriating Trump's caustic rhetoric.

Diehard snow-flakey progressives hate his ass, and are certainly not chomping at the bit to regurgitate his talking points. You assign him far more power and influence than he has or has ever had.
I'm not aware of any senator, congressman, committee chair member or alderman from bum-fuck nowhere who watches him and goes "Hell yeah, I'm using that." Can't say the same for Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Don lemon, Brian Stelter, Ben Shapiro, Dan Bongino, Chris Cuomo, Mollie Hemingway, Brian Kilmeade, Jim Acosta (I could go on for days).

His arrogance is well documented and uncontested, but what set's him a part from most of the far-left and far-right(and it's the primary reason I've continued to watch his show after all these years) is he does not insulate himself within a bubble of his own biases. He has his views and he probably wont change them but he routinely books guests who push back against them, guests accused of "Wrong think" by their detractors and who are unapologetic in their allegiance to freedom of speech and critical thinking. And he's literally done this his entire career going all the way back to his "Politically incorrect" days. But lets be honest, what pisses people off about him isn't his conceited personality; you cant throw a rock in the vast ocean that is the entertainment and news world without hitting a pundit or T.V host who isn't full of themselves. Arrogance in the post trump climate is purely academic these days and political onanism is a veritable trading card game at this point. No, what pisses people off is precisely that, he pisses off everybody, he keeps his foot in both doors while never fully stepping into either(Although he is squarely much further in the left door).

People in this climate want their priors confirmed and holds in contempt anyone who even so much as deigns to admonish them.
The reason the right are now seeing positive aspects to his political/comedic schtick(or at least, things they firmly agree with with) is precisely because they, similarly to the left, have selectively and consistently parsed his words to find the "Golden nugget" of hate or reverence depending on the capricious mood they find themselves in, or a political point they are pursuing at the time.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:31 pm Chainsaw Man anime: https://youtu.be/q15CRdE5Bv0

OMG animation looks insane. Looking forward to this. I gotta remember where I left off in the Manga.

@XX this should please you, @Haoh too.
Based on the comments people have said about them being super hyped about the anime because of how amazing the manga was has left me to believe that these younger anime/manga fans have terrible taste. It was definitely entertaining but ultimately a meh story (part 1) at least.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I assume someone is either going to jail or will receive a heafty fine for negligence in that Miami condo collapse disaster.
killacross

Post by killacross »

**sigh** I just imagine a robot with 6 arms...ready to dismantle our limbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7atZfX85nd4
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:48 am **sigh** I just imagine a robot with 6 arms...ready to dismantle our limbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7atZfX85nd4
I can imagine robots dismantling us while that song is playing in the background.
killacross

Post by killacross »

#FreeCosby
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:44 pm#FreeCosby
Ahhh beat me to it lol

I wonder how much he can Sue for? :)
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espnfr ... layer/amp/

This is the stupidest article ever written.

I IDENTITY AS ALL THE THINGS!

Also, how can you be both non-binary (not a real thing) and transgender?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:47 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espnfr ... layer/amp/

This is the stupidest article ever written.

I IDENTITY AS ALL THE THINGS!

Also, how can you be both non-binary (not a real thing) and transgender?
Negro I already told you I identify as the alpha and omega (God). Why can't you just believe him/they/her/he/she_;^€,:_;'r?
killacross

Post by killacross »

I don't mean to dead name.. But I thought you identified as a super saiyan

Now the internet has turned against Claire huxtable :shock: :shock: :shock:

.. That's America's super mom!! I won't have it!! Accomplished attorney.. Married to an accomplished doctor.. Kept the house spotless.. 5 kids and still a great figure... And cooked a meal every night... While "tolerating" a husband