Boku No Hero Academia

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
xandorxerxes

Re: Boku No Hero Academia

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm I wonder if Bakugo is still at UA, I can’t imagine he’d stay knowing Midoriya left
I wouldn't think so, unless they were able to convince him that doing so was the quickest way for him to get stronger.

That latest chapter was like 3 reversals in one.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:02 am
Colep924 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:16 pm I wonder if Bakugo is still at UA, I can’t imagine he’d stay knowing Midoriya left
I wouldn't think so, unless they were able to convince him that doing so was the quickest way for him to get stronger.

I was honestly a little confused by what went on. I don’t think I fully understand Fa Jin.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 pm

I was honestly a little confused by what went on. I don’t think I fully understand Fa Jin.
It seems to be a pretty big cheat... as far as I can tell he can store kinetic energy from his movements and release that energy from where he stored it. In this case it was his legs, he stored the energy from balling himself up and extending his legs and released it to gain a massive speed boost. I'm 95% sure that's not how kinetic energy works, but superhero manga.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 pm
Colep924 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 pm

It seems to be a pretty big cheat... as far as I can tell he can store kinetic energy from his movements and release that energy from where he stored it. In this case it was his legs, he stored the energy from balling himself up and extending his legs and released it to gain a massive speed boost. I'm 95% sure that's not how kinetic energy works, but superhero manga.
I wonder how much longer till Midoriya can handle 100%. If Fa Jin can give him the ability to do a faux 100% punch/kick somehow, he can work around it for a while. Plus there still an unknown ability right?
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

I don’t know why but I loved this chapter. And that one panel on page 7 with AFO was just bad ass.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 pm https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

I don’t know why but I loved this chapter. And that one panel on page 7 with AFO was just bad ass.
I'm in the same boat. I think I like it because it both uses and subverts the "dying tragic villain betrays the bad guys and reveals their secrets" trope. The looks on Deku's face this chapter I feel were also done well. We can easily see his frustration and his burnout. AFO is getting to him. I guess we'll have another small arc where Midoriya realizes that his single-minded chase of AFO is making him worse and he rediscovers how he just wants to help people?

Deku going in by himself seems pretty dumb though. It's not like he's faking being captured or anything... why not just storm the place with the whole team?
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

Mans on a roll that was a great chapter. That villain run society really does seem like it came to be, nice call on that. I’m hoping Shoto and Bakugo show soon.

Does All Might die soon? It’s looking like it.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:33 am https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

Mans on a roll that was a great chapter. That villain run society really does seem like it came to be, nice call on that. I’m hoping Shoto and Bakugo show soon.

That would be a huge turn, if he is going to bite it I hope the author pulls it off well. We saw text messages from Shoto earlier, so I'm guessing once Deku gets course-corrected that will be the next plot. Stain is a great choice to turn Deku around. I'm a little surprised the other personalities in OFA are still letting him use their quirks, given his personality changes.

The line that got me was Deku's "I'm as strong as you were at 100%" line. I thought that was a huge leap, but I guess it's the other quirks.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Colep924 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:33 am https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

That would be a huge turn, if he is going to bite it I hope the author pulls it off well. We saw text messages from Shoto earlier, so I'm guessing once Deku gets course-corrected that will be the next plot. Stain is a great choice to turn Deku around. I'm a little surprised the other personalities in OFA are still letting him use their quirks, given his personality changes.

The line that got me was Deku's "I'm as strong as you were at 100%" line. I thought that was a huge leap, but I guess it's the other quirks.
I was thinking Stains either gonna protect All Might or kill him. I’m leaning more towards him protecting him, but I think AM will be dead within 50 chapters. And Deku is definitely hardened, but he’s still that same altruistic ideal hero. If anything his personality change will let him use all the powers.

I really want some of class A to see him right now, I’m thinking they’ll be showing up soon. As for Deku and 100% I’m guessing that was a line to get AM out of the way and to safety. I imagine that will backfire
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Soooo is Bakugo related to that user? It seems like it might be the case, and maybe he was even able to communicate with Bakugo. Deku looks fucking awesome right now man
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I’m not feeling these last couple chapters and I suspect you feel a similar way. Feels so corny to me
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:36 am I’m not feeling these last couple chapters and I suspect you feel a similar way. Feels so corny to me
Sorry, been out of the loop. I wasn't really feeling the arc, but it's at leas moving now. Bakugo gets his character redemption, we see the class again, Deku finally loses his protagonist armor and becomes vulnerable. Curious where he's going next, it doesn't feel like it's necessarily racing towards the end now.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Yeah I really don’t know where this headed, but I think it has the potential to either become great or really fucking suck. I hope that whole “UA traitor” thing comes to light soon.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

This the chapter and the last have been pretty epic. That woman’s quirk or pretty OP. I understand why All Might wants it so bad.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 am This the chapter and the last have been pretty epic. That woman’s quirk or pretty OP. I understand why All Might wants it so bad.
Yeah, the author got a bit carried away with her standing on the fighter jet and all, but it's definitely made for a fun read. We've gone global now though, so there's still not really a scale I see where the story can go after AFO is defeated. Granted they set him up as the originator of quirks essentially, so there wasn't really anywhere to go after him to begin with. I'm curious if he'll be a constant antagonist that gets defeated or if he'll get "finally defeated" once and the story either wraps up or goes somewhere crazy.

Is there a manga that uses an extended saturday morning cartoon feel? Like, we know that Skeletor/Shredder was always the villain and he had some new scheme every episode. Is there a manga where we know someone is the villain and (s)he keeps trying new villain things in arcs of varying sizes and complexities? Maybe AFO gives us a Dr. Claw vibe?

"I'll get you next time, Deku. Next time!"
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 am
Colep924 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 am This the chapter and the last have been pretty epic. That woman’s quirk or pretty OP. I understand why All Might wants it so bad.
Yeah, the author got a bit carried away with her standing on the fighter jet and all, but it's definitely made for a fun read. We've gone global now though, so there's still not really a scale I see where the story can go after AFO is defeated. Granted they set him up as the originator of quirks essentially, so there wasn't really anywhere to go after him to begin with. I'm curious if he'll be a constant antagonist that gets defeated or if he'll get "finally defeated" once and the story either wraps up or goes somewhere crazy.

Is there a manga that uses an extended saturday morning cartoon feel? Like, we know that Skeletor/Shredder was always the villain and he had some new scheme every episode. Is there a manga where we know someone is the villain and (s)he keeps trying new villain things in arcs of varying sizes and complexities? Maybe AFO gives us a Dr. Claw vibe?

"I'll get you next time, Deku. Next time!"
Lol idk how I’d feel about that whole Skeletor thing, but yeah I really have no idea what gonna happen with this series. I can see it ending within a few years though, I expect it to tbh
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Okay that had to be one of the coolest ultimate moves I’ve seen. That gave me some Netero vs Meruem vibes
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:25 pm Okay that had to be one of the coolest ultimate moves I’ve seen. That gave me some Netero vs Meruem vibes
Yeah, that whole fight was pretty amazing. I love it. I think the chapter's implying her quirk is gone forever, but it took a couple of readings.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 am
Colep924 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:25 pm Okay that had to be one of the coolest ultimate moves I’ve seen. That gave me some Netero vs Meruem vibes
Yeah, that whole fight was pretty amazing. I love it. I think the chapter's implying her quirk is gone forever, but it took a couple of readings.
I’m not sure what happened, obviously he got rid of it otherwise he’s die, but from what I understood he wasn’t able to pass it on.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:58 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 am
I’m not sure what happened, obviously he got rid of it otherwise he’s die, but from what I understood he wasn’t able to pass it on.
My understanding was that she made it effectively die waging war in his body instead of able to be transferred out. I'm assuming that's because his ability to transfer quirks to others is itself a quirk that it fought against.