There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 am On another note, I've decided that it's time for me to take actually learn how crypto works. Not because I'm going to take everything and invest in it but I just want to understand it.
Are you looking to understand more about the currency itself, or the blockchain technology underpinning it?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 am On another note, I've decided that it's time for me to take actually learn how crypto works. Not because I'm going to take everything and invest in it but I just want to understand it.
Are you looking to understand more about the currency itself, or the blockchain technology underpinning it?
The currency. I don't really care about how blockchain works, I just know that it does (apparently).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I just want inside trading secrets so I can make a quick easy buck.

Edit

Another famous couple getting divorced (Bill and Melinda).

@killa if you ever get divorced pick me as your wing man.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:01 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm
The currency. I don't really care about how blockchain works, I just know that it does (apparently).
The currency is just a bunch of people assigning value to digital data, essentially. It's digital paper currency - only works because people will accept it. For a really long time pretty much no one would (except illicit transactions like on Silk Road), but then all the speculation got bitcoin popular and now more people will take it. The more popular currencies have a static maximum on the number of coins in - for example Bitcoin can only ever have 21M bitcoins in existence. There's no centralized bank to manage anything, though there are exchanges to help people cash in/out. Transactions are recorded via blockchain (Peer to Peer).

In theory it's super secure, in practice see Mt. Gox where 740,000 bitcoins were lost.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:31 pm @killa if you ever get divorced pick me as your wing man.
1. If I ever get divorced...I'm NEVER getting married again. Marriage is so weird. They always talk about compromise. THAT isn't marriage. Marriage is more about taking turns being happy. We do what you like for 2-3 months, while I'm miserable...then we do what I like for 2-3 days, while you're miserable. Also, you never stop complaining about it. Repeat until I get so sick of this shit that I finally decide to drop dead 15 years before you...

2. Why would I need a wingman? Granted I've been out of the game for a while...but I got game. And a decade later, I have money...which makes it all easier.

Sure there's getting over the first few initial, rejections...but then you regroup, improve, and come back better. I'm not even scared of the rejection anymore/now because I know where it ends due to so much success of the past. Women have always been a game of numbers. Also, the caliber of women has been on a drastic and aggressive decline since the introduction of social media. I'd probably be MORE successful now.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:17 am
San Goku wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:31 pm @killa if you ever get divorced pick me as your wing man.

2. Why would I need a wingman? Granted I've been out of the game for a while...but I got game. And a decade later, I have money...which makes it all easier.
A lot easier.

I've been watching the Fresh and Fit After Hours podcast and it's a hilariously giant shit show. In particular when dude becomes "Frank Castle" (the Punisher) and starts kicking women out.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Fresh and fit is a young man's game. I love when the godfather comes on and feelings get hurt

Women today are trash
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 am Fresh and fit is a young man's game. I love when the godfather comes on and feelings get hurt

Women today are trash
I agree it is definitely a young man's game. Even though I think the two hosts might be a bit older than their target audience. They also purposefully select Miami club women. It seems like the studio is located in an area that has clubs and bars so they end up bringing back the youngest and trashiest women to talk to. But they know that and they're trying to prove a point for the young guys that will try to get with these women and that's don't do it.

The worst is when you see the women that are 30+ years old and have no business dressing or clubbing like that going on the show and talk about how they want a man worth at least 6 figures...and they got a kid.
killacross

Post by killacross »

... But they are Miami women vs the G-O-Rillas that call into Kevin's show
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I've been reluctant to get hooked on Kevin's show and get sucked into that rabbit hole.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:50 pm ... But they are Miami women vs the G-O-Rillas that call into Kevin's show
Yeah...definitely some characters that call into Kevin's show. Apparently, Fresh&Fit's regular podcast is more about self-improvement, finance, and all that. The After Hours podcast is just entertainment (and cautionary tales) for them.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

You guys should check out the Variant Comics channel on YouTube. You get all the latest DC and Marvel comic stories. I never thought I could get my comic fix this way. I love comics but I don't buy or read them.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Truly the movie nobody wants:

https://collider.com/new-superman-movie ... -universe/

Meanwhile, apparently, the Snyder Cut viewership has soared to near 4 million views. There is a war brewing over at WarnerMedia and it's between their parent company AT&T and WarnerMedia. Basically, AT&T greenlit the Snyder Cut because as a telecommunications company they want more eyes on HBOMax and WarnerMedia is basically like "We don't wanna work with Snyder, fuck what anyone else wants to do". We'll see if AT&T pulls rank again.

Marvel Phase 4 Line Up:

Black Widow, July 9, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, September 3, 2021
Eternals, November 5, 2021

The above three will do okay but they won't make that true MARVEL money. One reason is that COVID changed the game and the 2nd is people aren't really gonna care that much I will be downloading all of these.

Spider-Man: No Way Home, December 17, 2021

While I still hate Tom Holland Spider-man (not Tom Holland the actor) if this goes and does the Spider-Verse thing where Toby and Andrew are in it this is gonna make serious cash. Depending on when it comes out in Japan I will either watch it in theaters or download it.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, March 25, 2022

The only film in this lineup that I actually want to see. Oh...and you wanna see some bullshit:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/05/ ... -and-male/

Because you wouldn't want the damn Sorcerer Supreme, the most powerful sorcerer in the universe trying to communicate with a magical being with crazy abilities.

Thor: Love and Thunder, May 6, 2022

I love Chris Hemsworth...I swear if he gets sidelined for Lady Thor (one of the worst decisions Marvel made...her run was awful) I'm gonna be so sad. This will probably do pretty well financially but may be polarizing due to the potential for wokeness being high. If the time between release and Japan's release is very long then this will be download for me.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, July 8, 2022

Recast T'Challa for all that is good and holy. People understand that Chadwick died and aren't gonna be that upset by recasting. If you make Shuri BP I think a lot of people will pass on being super motivated to see it. Except for the "YAS QUEEN BLACK WOMAN HERO!" crowd. Most likely a download for me.

The Marvels, November 11, 2022

Brie Larson got demoted in her own sequel...HA! Nobody's gonna care about this one. Monica Rambeau is the only interesting part of this. I hate the Captain Marvel character and Ms. Marvel too. Not even gonna bother, just like with Captain Marvel.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, February 17, 2023

Download.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3, May 5, 2023

Download or theater depends. I think this is the only one out of the last three that will make serious money but the 2nd film was very meh so who knows?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Hadn't heard anything about Thor: L&T, so I googled it. Apparently Nebula, StarLord, Jane, and Valkyrie are all coming back for at least a few minutes (obviously more for Jane). Christian Bale is playing Gorr the Butcher and Russell Crowe is playing Zeus? Gorr feels too dark and edgy for a Waititi movie?

I guess Thor did lose an eye in the last movie though.

Ant Man is probably the only one I'll go see. There's a danger it starts taking itself a little too seriously, but the first one and most of the second one were amusing.
killacross

Post by killacross »

is it bad that I don't care about ANY of those movies and that they will all catch a redbox?

...I had a coworker [in my dept] die suddenly Sunday. He was 74. His wake is tonight. I don't remember this ever happening before. The worst part is he was something of the office comedian. But he had REALLY dark humor and talked about dying ALL THE TIME. In fact, I can't think of ANY of his jokes where he didn't talk about..."F this place, F that, I'd rather die than listen to him talk again." Please please please don't ask me to tell a story.

The last time I talked to him was late March, when he came back after his massive heart surgery last year. He said he died on the table 2x.

I also work with his wife on other projects.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:31 am is it bad that I don't care about ANY of those movies and that they will all catch a redbox?
Nope, because that line up isn't exactly exciting

...I had a coworker [in my dept] die suddenly Sunday. He was 74. His wake is tonight. I don't remember this ever happening before. The worst part is he was something of the office comedian. But he had REALLY dark humor and talked about dying ALL THE TIME. In fact, I can't think of ANY of his jokes where he didn't talk about..."F this place, F that, I'd rather die than listen to him talk again." Please please please don't ask me to tell a story.

The last time I talked to him was late March, when he came back after his massive heart surgery last year. He said he died on the table 2x.

I also work with his wife on other projects.
Was he a cool guy?
killacross

Post by killacross »

He was hilarious...and incredibly quick witted and for 74, his mind was razor sharp. His jokes mostly centered around "I'm old, I'm not changing...fuck them...I'd rather die (though unlike me...he never actually said it to the boss or clients)". My only complaint was that he didn't understand the social cue of "I'm busy working". He would make some joke to start the conversation...and then go on for 10 minutes when 2 would have sufficed. He was really bad for talking to you when you were on a conference call -- and then saying "I'll be really quick". He was never quick.

he was incredibly proud of his son(s)...and tried to be fair to his first wife (who was a drug addict). It was so bad in fact that he got custody of his son AND her son...and this was 30+ years ago. He was from the north east...joined the Army for 4 years. Ended up in Arizona. Met/married first wife. Got the kids like 10 years later....moved across country to the east coast to be closer to his family. Got the job and moved to eastern north carolina in 2000. Reconnected with his [future] 2nd wife. He knew her in AZ...she got a job in NC and moved in like 1995. Then she got a job at the plant across the street and moved into this area. They ran across each other randomly at a grocery store. They waited for both sets of children to be adults and move away. They dated with no plans to get married....and got married like 5 years ago. His son moved back to AZ...his other son became an addict and they were estranged - so no clue where he is now or if he even knows [which is incredibly sad to me]. He and his 2nd wife would pay to take his son and her son and families+grandkids on nice vacations every year...

...one of my favorite things he would say at the end of almost every work day - "As the shepherd says to his sheep; let's get the flock out of here!"

...so...yea...he was a good guy. RIP Allen. You will be missed.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

How scientists determine how far an animal can see: https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet ... -the-world

I was randomly thinking about this.
killacross wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 am He was hilarious...and incredibly quick witted and for 74, his mind was razor sharp. His jokes mostly centered around "I'm old, I'm not changing...fuck them...I'd rather die (though unlike me...he never actually said it to the boss or clients)". My only complaint was that he didn't understand the social cue of "I'm busy working". He would make some joke to start the conversation...and then go on for 10 minutes when 2 would have sufficed. He was really bad for talking to you when you were on a conference call -- and then saying "I'll be really quick". He was never quick.

he was incredibly proud of his son(s)...and tried to be fair to his first wife (who was a drug addict). It was so bad in fact that he got custody of his son AND her son...and this was 30+ years ago. He was from the north east...joined the Army for 4 years. Ended up in Arizona. Met/married first wife. Got the kids like 10 years later....moved across country to the east coast to be closer to his family. Got the job and moved to eastern north carolina in 2000. Reconnected with his [future] 2nd wife. He knew her in AZ...she got a job in NC and moved in like 1995. Then she got a job at the plant across the street and moved into this area. They ran across each other randomly at a grocery store. They waited for both sets of children to be adults and move away. They dated with no plans to get married....and got married like 5 years ago. His son moved back to AZ...his other son became an addict and they were estranged - so no clue where he is now or if he even knows [which is incredibly sad to me]. He and his 2nd wife would pay to take his son and her son and families+grandkids on nice vacations every year...

...one of my favorite things he would say at the end of almost every work day - "As the shepherd says to his sheep; let's get the flock out of here!"

...so...yea...he was a good guy. RIP Allen. You will be missed.
The son that became an addict was that the one that was biologically his?
killacross

Post by killacross »

No.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So that Oprah Conversation video with Elliot/Ellen Page is just hard to watch. He (yes, I'm being polite) doesn't really seem to be in a stable mental place. I mean for quite a few years it really hasn't been career-related things he's been known for and promoting. It's just been the fearful "TRANS PEOPLE ARE DYING AND PATRIARCHY" stuff and I think he really believes this happening and I just feel bad for him. He really is of the mindset that there is some sort of war on trans people and it's clearly messing with her. He thinks that if you don't agree with her point of view that you want to erase trans people. It's apparently attacking trans kids if you think it's a bad idea to transition kids before their adults and if you think it's bad for biological boys to compete with biological girls because it's completely unfair to the girls. He said if you don't let trans kids play sports (with the opposite gender) children will die (despite the fact that there are 0 cases of that and more and more cases of the trans women dominating sports). Even Caitlyn Jenner thinks it's unfair...and Caitlyn would know. I think Elliot really believes this shit. He's kinda the poster child for trans instability, unfortunately.

I mean he talked about how his friends were likely getting annoyed with him sending them pics of his chest post-surgery, does that mean he sent them without them asking? As in unsolicited because why would they be annoyed if they asked him to do it. That's kinda...self-centered, no? I mean his ex-wife was married to a woman, that was the deal she signed up for as a lesbian. Since Page's transition, the ex-wife has refused to publicly speak about her own sexual orientation and gender identity. Kinda mindfucked the ex their Elliot.

I'm not even being sarcastic here, I genuinely feel bad for him.

Also, he's also one of the main examples of why you never hear about trans men dominating sports, because look at him. He still looks like a woman, the voice, the facial and body structure, the height (like 5'1'') he could take testosterone for the rest of his life and will never be able to compete with biological men. Imagine him even in a flag football game with a bunch of dudes. Risk of body breakage would still be high.