There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

:oops: I thought you were saying I made oatmeal a proper noun when there wasn't a need :oops:

My experience is that Snickers would sound like Sneekers

hell...ask DM about people pronouncing "McDonalds" in Japan

...and about training managers. I have done it several times. I basically work in a very precise and highly regulated manufacturing environment. It is incredibly annoying when they hire 25/26 year olds with a MBA in Business Management to run these technical departments. They get customer facing roles and promise to deliver the world. Then get upset when you tell them why it cannot be done from a regulatory standpoint.

Interestingly enough, they almost [and by that I mean] never want to be the one to go to the next meeting and eat their words -- so they invite you to the meeting to explain. My favorite part is they either 1. try to throw you under the bus...or 2. say they will take it offline to see what can be done.

...Generally, I like to put them in the whole deer in the headlights situation so they NEVER invite me back. While that has definitely hurt my career in the long run -- I've still made stacks.

I work in Validation. At my current company, the other departments like to put the word "Validation" in front of something...and somehow it becomes my problem to solve. I tell them there is no such thing and hell no. I had a manager that would say he would help and we'd figure it out. I would finish the meeting by assigning the action item DIRECTLY to him. He learned to keep his fucking mouth shut. :evil: It's why I'm excited about a manager that "should" know there is no such thing as "Validated Electrical drawings".

We'll see
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Ohhhhh shit y'all. We called Taiwan a country. Gauntlet thrown.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...Im gonna need about $1.05 trillion back
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:42 pm Ohhhhh shit y'all. We called Taiwan a country. Gauntlet thrown.
Ooh boy here we go.
killacross wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:27 pm ...Im gonna need about $1.05 trillion back
Pretty much
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

a day late, but snowmageddon has hit, kind of. Got about 8" at my place so far, Eldora ski resort has gotten about 2ft since close yesterday
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:29 pm a day late, but snowmageddon has hit, kind of. Got about 8" at my place so far, Eldora ski resort has gotten about 2ft since close yesterday
So envy you, just went snowboarding once this season, most of the season the resort was closed. When I went there was barely any powder, like moving on the ground. My back was sore the next day, I still had a blast.

Thinking about buying a new helmet because I'm in need of an upgrade. I was going to get one 2 weeks ago cause I have a friend that works for Solomon and can get some discounts. Considering I am not boarding enough I changed my mind.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I think my daughter and I got that rona
.. Perfectly fine yesterday.. Then get home and she starts projectile vomiting everywhere. We clean her up, give her a bath. She does it again. Repeat 4-5 more times.

A few hours later.. I do the same.. But hit 99% in the toilet at least

She slept all night and all day. I've been up vomiting and pooping all night

No fevers.. Can still taste/smell everything (UGH!)... Just cold chills and bodyaches

My wife is perfectly fine though
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:10 pm
superbob wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:29 pm a day late, but snowmageddon has hit, kind of. Got about 8" at my place so far, Eldora ski resort has gotten about 2ft since close yesterday
So envy you, just went snowboarding once this season, most of the season the resort was closed. When I went there was barely any powder, like moving on the ground. My back was sore the next day, I still had a blast.

Thinking about buying a new helmet because I'm in need of an upgrade. I was going to get one 2 weeks ago cause I have a friend that works for Solomon and can get some discounts. Considering I am not boarding enough I changed my mind.
I got a new one during the summer, found the one I wear at like 60% off so i grabbed it then and have it in my closet. I just got a new board so i really wanted to try it out this weekend but the forecast basically said we were going to get fucked. It came a day late so I could have easily gone up yesterday. That being said, we're at about 15"+ now, it is snowing really hard out there

Conditions were terrible for us until about febraury. really thin, not a whole lot of snow until these recent storms. Even then, a week ago it was 65 here in denver so this round of snow should melt fast. I' m at 5 days this year so far because of how bad the snow was at the beginning of the year, planning a lot more next year and i'm back in the gym with a coworker so i'll be in shape for it next year too
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wow I'm enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin and towards the end the episode gets interrupted due to 4.6 magnitude earthquake.

@XX are you going to take Astrazeneca vaccine?
killacross wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:34 pm I think my daughter and I got that rona
.. Perfectly fine yesterday.. Then get home and she starts projectile vomiting everywhere. We clean her up, give her a bath. She does it again. Repeat 4-5 more times.

A few hours later.. I do the same.. But hit 99% in the toilet at least

She slept all night and all day. I've been up vomiting and pooping all night

No fevers.. Can still taste/smell everything (UGH!)... Just cold chills and bodyaches

My wife is perfectly fine though
My mother has it
superbob wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:33 pm
San Goku wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:10 pm

I got a new one during the summer, found the one I wear at like 60% off so i grabbed it then and have it in my closet. I just got a new board so i really wanted to try it out this weekend but the forecast basically said we were going to get fucked. It came a day late so I could have easily gone up yesterday. That being said, we're at about 15"+ now, it is snowing really hard out there

Conditions were terrible for us until about febraury. really thin, not a whole lot of snow until these recent storms. Even then, a week ago it was 65 here in denver so this round of snow should melt fast. I' m at 5 days this year so far because of how bad the snow was at the beginning of the year, planning a lot more next year and i'm back in the gym with a coworker so i'll be in shape for it next year too
I just assumed Colorado always have perfect snowboarding conditions.

I still look at my emails to Lutsen in Minnesota, they look good right now.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

I'm a daddy!
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:49 am I'm a daddy!
Grats!
San Goku wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:20 am Wow I'm enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin and towards the end the episode gets interrupted due to 4.6 magnitude earthquake.

I'll take whatever's available when it's available, really.

For the people waiting on Snyder's JL - here's a review that rates it pretty well.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/03/ ... he-better/
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Congrats my dude!!!!!! All the best, share some details when you can.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Congratulations! :D
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:02 am
Grats!
San Goku wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:20 am Wow I'm enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin and towards the end the episode gets interrupted due to 4.6 magnitude earthquake.

For the people waiting on Snyder's JL - here's a review that rates it pretty well.

I think you should lead by example and take the AstraZeneca vaccine.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Congrats!! And more importantly...you are about to be softened. A LOT. I am grateful at how different I am 2 years later. Enjoy every second! Seriously, she will amaze you!

And false alarm...I got tested and came back negative. My daughter recovered 100% on Sunday. I recovered 95% yesterday and feel much better today. Weird to get so explosively, violently sick in < 24 hrs.

Oh well

...and it seems to have hit my wife this morning :shock:
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:02 am
Grats!

I think you should lead by example and take the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Would if I could - I'm not in a category that's allowed to vaccinate yet.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Microsoft Mesh mixed reality technology looks interesting. All connected to the cloud, curious to see the full potential and how far this will go.
killacross

Post by killacross »

They offer it at work for free.

I have no reason to not take besides a paralyzing lack of interest. Eventually we'll all get it when it's available though.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:34 pm They offer it at work for free.

I have no reason to not take besides a paralyzing lack of interest. Eventually we'll all get it when it's available though.
I use teams at work, I wonder if I can get it....
killacross

Post by killacross »

I meant the vaccine is offered at work..i haven't looked into this AR stuff yet

We use Teams and WebEx for EVERYTHING