There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Ya'll know if this was a group of blk they would all be dead right now....sorry I couldn't help myself. That girl that got shot is dead now.

Edit

Wow that was brutal, a lo of blood....

My TAL fam in the US stay safe, strap up if you have to. These are unprecedented times.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

So, all it takes is GA going democratic, McConnell losing his position as senate majority leader, a riot, 4 deaths, 2 IEDs, a looted capitol building, the "proud boys" going on the internet saying they're coming for Pence and Pelosi and will perform some hangings, around 50 arrests, Trump showing support for the treasonous rioters, a 12 hour twitter ban for Trump, Pence unfollowing Trump on twitter, Pence activating the national guard, talk of enacting the 25th amendment, and a city wide curfew is what it takes for most congress people to finally stop enabling this whole "stolen" election shtick.

killacross

Post by killacross »

article after article after article about "Rioters"

play stupid games...win stupid prizes
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I haven't read any of Cane's responses since what I posted so I have no idea what he's said since then but obviously, this entire situation was the epitome of wrong and now a woman is dead.

But for me...I'm looking at what I consider the bigger picture. This entire situation and this woman's death lies at the feet of every single politician in Washington...hell in America, the entire corporate media structure, education and Hollywood, and all those who have sowed lies, falsehoods, and division.

Trump will get blamed for this specifically but this ultimately isn't about him. This entire thing is 50+ years in the making, it ramped up big time around 10 years ago and then went into lightspeed once Trump was elected. Civility in politics has been dead for years and Trump isn't the one who murdered it, he was just the coroner the looked at the body and said, "Yeah...this is dead and it was definitely murdered."

It makes sense that civility is dead in politics because politics is downstream of culture and the culture has been dying for years now. We have people that used to have different political views but still shared a common culture as Americans or common values as Americans. That's gone and those I mentioned above each have a hand in its murder.

People are now constantly "othering" people, destroying their lives if they don't agree with them. We have a political and media apparatus that spent 4 god damn years constantly saying that the President was illegitimate and then were constantly denigrating not just Trump supporters but people who didn't agree with them as the worst people on earth while also gaslighting everyone. And then coming up on a year of lockdowns...these people don't care about you! They just want to maintain control as much as possible and they're freaking out because the control is slipping because they are ultimately incompetent. This situation is further proof of that. This is not me condoning it, it's just the truth.

I don't want to ramble but I think you guys get my point. This is the fault of "The Cathedral" as a certain person I respect would put it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Another catalyst for a civil war.
killacross

Post by killacross »

there won't be a civil war
..people are broke, poor, and cowardly - they couldn't afford to take enough time away from work.

There may be cowardly, terroristic style attacks/bombings and weekend demonstrations....but there will almost never be a civil war again

**EDIT**
Elon is now the richest person in the world
...dafuq?
Last edited by killacross on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I don't really know how to respond to some of this without writing a massive wall of text, so I've deleted three different posts now just before I submitted them. I'll just leave it (insufficiently) at education is the key to unraveling this madness, and one party in particular has been championing the anti-intellectualism that got us here in the first place. If nothing else I hope that changes in the next two years, because midterms are definitely going to flip the Senate (if not also the House).
killacross

Post by killacross »

^^I agree. I feel the same...I see it as election season is over. I also see it as we are all our own separate mountain peaks. We don't have to explain or justify anything with each other. We see things differently...

I come here to get the group's hot take on whatever nonsense is in the world...or to chat/laugh about something funny in our personal lives. Not to be preached to or belittled.

with that said -- when's the next chapter of Berserk coming out?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Black Clover anime fillers are over, they battling the Spade Kingdom. Asta looks buffed and strong from his training.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 pmI come here to get the group's hot take on whatever nonsense is in the world...or to chat/laugh about something funny in our personal lives. Not to be preached to or belittled.
Hope you've never felt that way from my posts, as I've never intended them to do so. I elaborate largely just to show support for my arguments, not to talk down.
killacross wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 pm with that said -- when's the next chapter of Berserk coming out?
If we're good boys and girls... 2025.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

Last edited by Mongor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

@XX..not at all. When you get on your soap box.. Doesn't really bother me... It's never felt like it was directed specifically to me

Unrelated. The little one is 20 months old today... And well into her terrible 2s.
Last edited by killacross on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:20 am I haven't read any of Cane's responses since what I posted so I have no idea what he's said since then but obviously, this entire situation was the epitome of wrong and now a woman is dead.
I promise mate, I never doubted this was your position from the beginning(and I said as much in subsequent posts) I was just initially put off by what I interpreted as a misdirected cavalier attitude given the serious and unprecedented circumstances that unfolded yesterday.

It was admittedly a personal rebuke I understand if you took as an attack on your character. I know your character, we may disagree on politics and entertainment but I wasn't implying you in anyway condoned this.
If that was how it was interpreted, I sincerely apologize.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Question for DM and anyone that knows about cameras. The wifey wants to take up photography as a hobby and wants to know what camera to purchase. She's looking for a beginner and wants to do portraits and family photography.
killacross wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 pm @XX..not at all. When you get on your soap box.. Doesn't really bother me... It's never felt like it was directed specifically to me

Unrelated. The little one is 20 months old today... And well into her terrible 2s.
In the same boat. He hates putting on his boots, jacket and snowpants. Worse with the mom cause he knows I won't put up with that bs
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 am Question for DM and anyone that knows about cameras. The wifey wants to take up photography as a hobby and wants to know what camera to purchase. She's looking for a beginner and wants to do portraits and family photography.
DM can give you much better advice than I can, but you can probably start with a phone app like Open Camera and just learn what all of the different settings and options do. Once you understand the technology behind taking the pictures I imagine your quality-camera choice becomes much more apparent.

I could also be full of shit.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 am In the same boat. He hates putting on his boots, jacket and snowpants. Worse with the mom cause he knows I won't put up with that bs
ha...ours is opposite. She HATES when you take off her jacket or shoes. She also hates when you put on her socks or pants (she want's to do it herself).

If I hear -- No, no, no -or- stop it papa....
but the thing she does that makes me see red if she keeps headbutting us. She gave my wife a bruise on her eye...and she's busted my lip 4-5x now. So..she headbutts me in the mouth...then SHE cries that her head hurts. I have to take those 3 secs to spit the blood out...regroup...and comfort her. Really surprises me how FURIOUS it makes me though.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 am Question for DM and anyone that knows about cameras. The wifey wants to take up photography as a hobby and wants to know what camera to purchase. She's looking for a beginner and wants to do portraits and family photography.
killacross wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 pm @XX..not at all. When you get on your soap box.. Doesn't really bother me... It's never felt like it was directed specifically to me

In the same boat. He hates putting on his boots, jacket and snowpants. Worse with the mom cause he knows I won't put up with that bs
She wants to do portraits and family photography of other people or just her family? It's a non-sexy answer but this somewhat complex and VERY expensive rabbit hole she's about to jump down. Does she also want to do video?

In some ways, I'm a bad person to ask because I've been so far removed from a beginner's needs for a while. Even when I started, I started with the intention of being serious about it.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buyi ... ct-cameras

In regards to almost two-year-olds, so far I haven't heard anything about my niece being overly difficult.

So apparently people are getting put onto no-fly lists and the social media companies have gone on a massive purge campaign. Not surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qmsW0haE8

I'm watching at 2x speed. One of the guy on here was reporting as this whole thing was happening.
killacross

Post by killacross »

is it not telling how fast they are identifying and arresting these DC rioters?

Apply just a bit of pressure on the ruling class....and they get em the next day

Burn down a city where niggers and the poor live, or tear down 100 year old statues -- "we need to just let them get the anger out -- oh, and we aren't pressing charges at this time"

...there really are two Americas
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:30 pm is it not telling how fast they are identifying and arresting these DC rioters?

Apply just a bit of pressure on the ruling class....and they get em the next day

Burn down a city where niggers and the poor live, or tear down 100 year old statues -- "we need to just let them get the anger out -- oh, and we aren't pressing charges at this time"

...there really are two Americas
Oh come on Killa. Most of these arrests are from idiots who took their picture or video taped it and posted it to social media. They literally committed federal felonies and bragged about it. Pretty easy to track down. Here's a quick DuckDuckGo search on the others:
California BLM Leader Tianna Arata Charged With Five Felonies After Arrest At July Demonstration

A passenger vehicle was allegedly damaged and its rear window was smashed, with the glass falling on a four-year-old passenger in the back seat. Arata was later arrested as protesters began to leave.

RELATED: NYPD, With Sharpshooters and Dogs, Try Arresting BLM Activist Over Yelling At Cop Through Megaphone

After a two-week long investigation, the San Luis Obispo County District Attorney's Office filed five felony charges against Arata, including four felony counts of false imprisonment, and one felony count of conspiracy. She was also hit with three misdemeanor charges – resisting or obstructing a peace officer, inciting a riot, and unlawful assembly.
That's 5 felonies for someone else at a protest she organized, not for actually smashing the car window herself, which is more than the people who breached national security are getting. The scale is completely different. Meanwhile the guy who took a picture of his feet up on Pelosi's desk and of himself with documents he stole from her office:
Richard Barnett was arrested on Friday morning in Little Rock, Ark., and charged with three counts of entering restricted grounds, violent entry and disorderly conduct at the Capitol and theft of public property, said Principal Assistant U.S. Attorney Kenneth Kohl of the District of Columbia.
Tearing down the statues I imagine comes down to actually being able to prove it was specific people. That said, here are some quotes foe you:
Jason Charter, who self identifies in social media profiles as a supporter of the anti-fascist movement antifa, was charged Friday with two counts of destruction of federal property based on videos that appear to show him participating in the vandalism of both the statue of Confederate general Albert Pike as well as the Jackson statue.
Four men have been charged in connection with damage to a statue of President Andrew Jackson during protests near the White House, the U.S. Justice Department said on Saturday.

The four people, who were from Washington, D.C.; Maryland; Maine and Virginia, were charged with destruction of federal property in connection with their alleged effort to tear down Jackson’s statue on June 22, the Justice Department said.
In Miami, seven people were arrested after demonstrators spray-painted statues of Juan Ponce de León and Christopher Columbus. They were identified through the use of surveillance footage and charged with various crimes, including inciting a riot, resisting police, and assaulting a police officer after the protest allegedly turned violent when arrests began.

Others who were uninvolved in actually removing or defacing statues were arrested as well. The president and vice president of the Portsmouth, Virginia, NAACP, as well as another chapter's vice president, were detained and charged with trespassing before they even attempted to remove a nearby Confederate monument. They say that their permission to demonstrate peacefully by the statue was suddenly revoked before their arrest.
If taking down a particular statue was on the scale of compromising one of the most important locations in our nation after incitement from the president, defacing it, and walking off with laptops and extremely confidential information I imagine you'd have heard more. The stories are out there.