There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

reminds me of the AI drones video from a few years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqoGacUu07I

EDIT: Have you all seen the video of the lady and the iphone and the celebrity's son? Apparently, they are pushing to charge HER with assault now.

Shit is straight up M Nigh Shamalan -- WHAT A TWIST!! Suddenly, I'm interested to see where it goes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:03 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm ^^ I heard that Hyundai bought Boston Dynamics. With semiconductor companies becoming more advanced in chip development it's not so farfetched to think robotics can kill off humankind. If we ever create the holodeck, we will all become zombies. I'll check that vid in a bit.
Yep, they did.
San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pmThose are some advanced human movements that they have the robots performing. A.I is advancing a lot. I want to see the video they are not showing where they operate weapons.
I might be talking out of my ass, but I believe they don't have AI actually operate the weapons yet. They'll have the AI do everything else with the weapon (aim, etc.), but actually firing it is still in human hands - in the US at least. I assume it's the next level of MAD - try to wipe us off the map, we enable the AI to actually fire our shit and we'll unleash them on everyone. Potential terrorist move too, I imagine.
Facial recognition is very far ahead, some companies are testing out lvl 5 autonomous vehicles now so I think the capability is already there.
killacross wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:11 pm reminds me of the AI drones video from a few years back

EDIT: Have you all seen the video of the lady and the iphone and the celebrity's son? Apparently, they are pushing to charge HER with assault now.

Shit is straight up M Nigh Shamalan -- WHAT A TWIST!! Suddenly, I'm interested to see where it goes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Creepy vid lol

Nope, don't know what you are talking about with the iPhone lady.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:11 pm reminds me of the AI drones video from a few years back

Had no idea what you were talking about but I looked it up and the first thing I see is "(WHITE) WOMAN ACCUSES BLACK TEENAGE SON OF (CELEBRITY) OF STEALING IPHONE!"

Keep it classy corporate media.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 am
Facial recognition is very far ahead, some companies are testing out lvl 5 autonomous vehicles now so I think the capability is already there.
Oh, they definitely CAN do it. I believe they don't do it as a matter of ethics.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 am Creepy vid lol

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:29 am
Had no idea what you were talking about but I looked it up and the first thing I see is "(WHITE) WOMAN ACCUSES BLACK TEENAGE SON OF (CELEBRITY) OF STEALING IPHONE!"

The TL;DR as presented right now...
A [young, she's 22] white girl loses her iPhone. She goes to the hotel she was in and sees a young black kid with a similar phone. She says he stole it. He says no I did not. She tells the [young, white] manager...and the manager says to give him the phone so he can investigate. The kid's father...who is a Black celebrity says hell no....this is our phone...leave us alone. The woman makes a scene...so he starts recording. In the [HD, shaky cam ]video it looks like she tries to tackle the son to get the video...and the father body checks her out of the way (you see her lunge...camera shakes...and she's on the ground surprised pikachu).

So the father posts the video on Twitter saying -- look at this bullshit. White woman accuses us...and the white manager takes her side -- even though WE are guests in the hotel and she was not (she checked out a few days earlier -- so not really sure why she was at the hotel). He says that a few minutes later -- the lady's Uber returns and says she forgot her phone in his car-- but she AND the manager never apologize for harassing them. He says that his son is now traumatized (at 14 -- :roll: :roll:). He has a few million followers -- so the story has gone viral. The media has tracked down the girl and talked to her on the phone -- and the hit pieces written about her already a day and a half later!! The media is protecting her identity because she's ALREADY getting death threats...but we all know, it's not too long before she gets canceled. The story now is they are looking at charging her with assault -- to send a message.

At 22, probably gonna have to change her name. I honestly bet she commits suicide.

Personally, I would have said -- uh...no this is my phone, showed her the screen then gone about my day. Maybe I'm just too naive

Video: https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide ... bgvYJ0aJ57
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:14 am
San Goku wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:52 am Creepy vid lol

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:29 am

The TL;DR as presented right now...
A [young, she's 22] white girl loses her iPhone. She goes to the hotel she was in and sees a young black kid with a similar phone. She says he stole it. He says no I did not. She tells the [young, white] manager...and the manager says to give him the phone so he can investigate. The kid's father...who is a Black celebrity says hell no....this is our phone...leave us alone. The woman makes a scene...so he starts recording. In the [HD, shaky cam ]video it looks like she tries to tackle the son to get the video...and the father body checks her out of the way (you see her lunge...camera shakes...and she's on the ground surprised pikachu).

So the father posts the video on Twitter saying -- look at this bullshit. White woman accuses us...and the white manager takes her side -- even though WE are guests in the hotel and she was not (she checked out a few days earlier -- so not really sure why she was at the hotel). He says that a few minutes later -- the lady's Uber returns and says she forgot her phone in his car-- but she AND the manager never apologize for harassing them. He says that his son is now traumatized (at 14 -- :roll: :roll:). He has a few million followers -- so the story has gone viral. The media has tracked down the girl and talked to her on the phone -- and the hit pieces written about her already a day and a half later!! The media is protecting her identity because she's ALREADY getting death threats...but we all know, it's not too long before she gets canceled. The story now is they are looking at charging her with assault -- to send a message.

At 22, probably gonna have to change her name. I honestly bet she commits suicide.

Personally, I would have said -- uh...no this is my phone, showed her the screen then gone about my day. Maybe I'm just too naive

Video: https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide ... bgvYJ0aJ57
Lmao. Another day in America! I probably would have shown my screen too and be done with that. They definitely didn't have too if they didn't want to show it though.

Forgot about World Star, 2020 could have been more entertaining for me if I checked that site periodically lol.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Not really.. It's mostly wannabe rappers or dumb birds trying to give out street philosophy

So TAL. . What are your 5 big goals for 2021?

1. Get baby #2 in the works
2. Lose 40+ lbs
3. Change career path/company
4. Move cities if #3 works out as planned
5. Get my Spanish to a 6th grade level (the next year is high school grad, then the following year is college grad)

Gonna get all my spreadsheets and textbooks and exercise equipment etc etc in order today.

...2021 has to be my monster year because 2020 was on pause
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

1. Get a new job
2. Get this damn tenant out
3. See as many family members as I can
4. Get out of the country for at least a week (not including travel for #3)
5. Find something I enjoy

Also generic eat better/exercise/join a group/whatever other things that I won't do.

Edit: number list function seems to be messed up. It showed a "1." just fine, but after that everything was just dots. Spacing was weird too.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

1. New job or promotion
2. Another property or bigger home for the young family
3. Baby #2 if 1-2 can pan out
4. Continue to eat well and exercise
5. Let me think, I'm typing on my phone but I know that there is something here

Happy New Year everyone if I'm not back on here. Some people will experience the New Year before me on different sides of the world.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Happy new year everyone!!

I'm just old...so not staying up late at all. But my plans for a better Killa start tomorrow at 1a. Gonna get back into a disciplined, regimen to accomplish a lot of the shit I want to do. Aren't enough hours for me to slack the way that I have recently.

Also, after BSing at work for the past 3 months...I'm actually ready to go back in and give it genuine effort (not my all) while looking for something else
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

1) Pass my FS exam
2) Pass my PS exam and earn my license
3) Stop being such a fatass (Thanks 2020)
4) Do more outdoors and stop working so much.
5) Go on vacation again...
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

1. Figure out a workout system that allows me to lift while dealing with my shoulder issue so that I can get down to at least 100kg but more like 95kg. Then see if I like what I see or not. This translates to losing 30-40lbs at least. I have done it before. Got down to 88kg and that was before having the amount of muscle I have now.

2. Use the $30,000-$40,000 I will be getting from the sale of my Aunt's house(that I inherited with my two brothers and five other relatives) to pay off stuff, invest some in my photography and use some to really go in on the affiliate marketing, learning about stock options trading and dividend paying stocks.

3. Stop teaching entirely.

4. Go back to the states for a little bit with the gf and do more cool things with her.

5. Not sure what the 5th would be.
killacross

Post by killacross »

#1 I went from 5'10" / 260lbs to 180lbs. Was LOVING the way I was looking (especially when we went to Puerto Rico and were playing on the beach...that's what I was talking about the friendly, brown girls. My wife was not amused :lol: :lol: ). I hurt my shoulder last year in April and was hovering around 185lbs. I went to Germany for a month in September/October and gained 30lbs. I've been around 215lbs since. So...trying to get down to the 160/170s in 2021. Exercised today and was feeling good...but my joints were cracking.

I was doing:
45 pullups
45 dips
120 pushups
120 situps
200 squats
20 mile bike ride daily

so cutting back to :
25 pullups
15 dips (this is KILLING MY SHOULDER RIGHT NOW)
50 pushups
120 situps
200 squats
20 mile bike ride every other day
...and gonna evaluate if I go up in days or reps later this year

#2 is incredibly dangerous!!!!! Especially right now.

Start with a small number and NEVER put in another penny!!!! [so small that you can afford to lose 100% -- because you will. It's gonna be the cost of your tuition for that life lesson]

You would be better off to take that money...create a 6-month emergency fund that pays all of your BILLS (the 4 walls - food/utilities/transportation/rent) and use the rest to pay off as much debt as possible. People always look at the money equation wrong. Minimizing debt would be more effective than "investing" in your business just because paying off debt is 100% effective, EVERY. TIME.

Money IN - Money OUT = Standard of living.

Most people have a negative standard of living and then focus on the money IN portion...but then increase the money OUT portion as their income rises (it's lifestyle creep - you need a new car, a bigger house, a boat, a motorcycle, and some jewelry). If you minimize the money OUT portion...your standard of living goes up too...and makes the money IN portion easier to focus on because your income is not being used to manage debt payments.

I'm just some guy on the internet....but, seriously, consider it
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Normally I agree with Killa 100% on finances, he and I differ slightly on this one. It's over the same thing as before, too - debt.

- 6 month emergency fund = yes yes yes yes. I'd recommend more as you accumulate wealth too, even though as a return it's wasteful. That way when something like a year-long pandemic hits, with some scrimping you'll be OK.
- Only pay down high-interest debt. Anything under 4% isn't worth putting extra payments into as long as you have a steady income and emergency fund. Of course you want to make your normal payments. Instead invest the rest.
- The exception to that is also what Killa mentioned - standard of living. You get a better standard of living NOW with no debts. You get more money later (decades) investing now. I'm perfectly OK with a lower standard of living.
- Kids (if you want to go there) cost a shitton of money (though far less outside the US). Save accordingly.
- Don't look into stock options at all unless you just want to understand what they are. Not worth it. I can get you some good resources on dividend paying stocks if/when you want them, but generally to start I'd look into Index Funds and ETFs that mirror the indices. Those usually have next to 0 maintenance fees and require far less maintenance on your part. I'd almost go as far as to say you can buy them and forget about them.

Amusing story (to me) - I played a stock market game with some friends a decade ago. I thought I was hot shit because I had just gotten out of my finance classes and knew valuation. I put on some extreme filters and found some stocks that seemed to be undervalued. Around 30% of the time I was right, the other 70% all closed shop when they were invested by the SEC for fraud. I put my real money where my mouth is - dividends and indices.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Guys I recommend fasting a couple times out of the week. That is the other side of the coin along with eating right that people fail to do. Then they put so much in workouts, get burned out and get discouraged.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:55 am
#2 is incredibly dangerous!!!!! Especially right now.

Start with a small number and NEVER put in another penny!!!! [so small that you can afford to lose 100% -- because you will. It's gonna be the cost of your tuition for that life lesson]

Oh, that's the plan. Not a cent goes in until I learn what I need to learn about it and even then I'm not looking to light a bunch of money on fire so I'll start with small amounts. One of the cool things is having the ability to play with paper that isn't actually real money as practice. I'm not looking to take that whole amount and dump it into investing.

Oh, and there will definitely be some debt paying and emergency funding.

You know what made me sad? When I saw the closing statement and how much was left on the mortgage for my aunt's house. She didn't plan this out well at all. She lived alone for most of her life, never had kids, and died from ALS that came on real quick. So he hastily put together her will (or redid it) while she was becoming a prisoner in her own body (due to the ALS) and decided to leave it to 8 people which made no fucking sense. But anyway...let's just say that that number would've been more like $80,000+ had she not at some point taken out another mortgage on her home. It was a nice home in Martha's Vineyard that she had for like 30 years.

I'm grateful believe me but that was a punch to the gut when I think more than half the amount that the house sold for had to go to mortgage.

This whole ordeal has taught everyone involved what not to do with your will.
killacross

Post by killacross »

@XX

^^ Excellent advice!! Index funds are how we invest. 100% VTSAX or the equivalent in our 401ks. Long story with how we ended up there...but it is definitely the easiest/best method we have used so far.

...and yea...we differ slightly on debt. To me it is all about risk and risk management...and as someone who lost EVERYTHING at a very, very, VERY young age (I think I told my story before)...I am incredibly risk averse. My wife is from a 2nd world country (she had running water...but no hot water and it wasn't consistent. Electricity, but the electrical grid was not consistent, etc etc etc). She is naturally risk averse as well...which is why we've achieved so much financially -- because we are not at war with each other in our household about gaining, saving, and investing...we aren't even at war with spending...we bump heads with giving. I think money should go to anyone/everyone in need (ONCE)...she thinks that it should be used to help only those in your family (forever).

Anyway, we have a multiple year emergency fund (~$100k) -- we maintain 9 bank accts across 2 banksthat we manage. We have 0 debt. We make terrific money. And invest 80+% of our take home pay as the starting point. When we want to make large purchases...we typically break it up over 3 paychecks (meaning we lower how much we invest those few weeks to cashflow things, but never stop investing)...and then buy ____ outright.

I still say paying off ALL debt is the way to go. Because, like you posted before...you make more investing over 5, 10, 20 years...but who would maintain a CC for 20 years to realize those gains? ONLY PEOPLE PAYING MINIMUM PAYMENTS!! Which are DESIGNED to pay the CC company 12938123780x in INTEREST PAYMENTS, not principal (though I thought the Obama admin changed the rules so banks had to show how many years a minimum payment takes to pay off the balance...but it's been so long that I don't remember anymore). Instead, pay off the CCs in 1-2 years...then stay out of debt and put 100% of those payments towards building wealth. You catch up and pass the others from "behind".

@San
Yea...I did/do 18/6 Intermittent Fasting and watch CICO. Also, increase the amount of water you drink.

@DM
Just to be clear...Nothing you said increases your odds of not losing 100% of that money. Again, you are very, very fortunate because you GET TO CHOOSE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WANT TO LOSE....personally, I hope you choose a very small number.

No one makes money doing what you are thinking LONG TERM (which is the only statistic that matters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T71ibcZAX3I
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:41 pm My wife is from a 2nd world country (she had running water...but no hot water and it wasn't consistent. Electricity, but the electrical grid was not consistent, etc etc etc).
So... California?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I get risk aversion 100% - I'd probably be more risk averse if my wife and I didn't have jobs that were in massive demand and won't be going away.
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:23 pmYou know what made me sad? When I saw the closing statement and how much was left on the mortgage for my aunt's house. She didn't plan this out well at all. She lived alone for most of her life, never had kids, and died from ALS that came on real quick. So he hastily put together her will (or redid it) while she was becoming a prisoner in her own body (due to the ALS) and decided to leave it to 8 people which made no fucking sense. But anyway...let's just say that that number would've been more like $80,000+ had she not at some point taken out another mortgage on her home. It was a nice home in Martha's Vineyard that she had for like 30 years.

I'm grateful believe me but that was a punch to the gut when I think more than half the amount that the house sold for had to go to mortgage.

This whole ordeal has taught everyone involved what not to do with your will.
At least she had a will. Lots of nightmare stories about people who don't. Leaving it to 8 people pretty much says "cash it out and split it" to me, so she probably didn't want to (or didn't have the time to) assign things individually. I'm guessing the 2nd mortgage either gave her some cash that she could update the property with (so you'd recoup that in the sale), pay something else, or she did it just to lower her payments, which may have helped her afford things especially when the ALS came on.

Really I'm just trying to play advocate for your aunt. Obviously have no idea about your situation, and my condolences.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Ya I'm assuming it's a line of credit on her mortgage. Lots of people do it for renovations to their homes to raise the value.
killacross

Post by killacross »

told ya -- Miya Ponsetto